Pre-game 2: classroom seating chart

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Pre-game 2: classroom seating chart

#41 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Yes! Thankfully, a male NPC in the class. It's about time, people! ;)
Keehnelf wrote:My question: how did Frederick get allowed to come back to school this year after he beat up Mr. Finney, the art teacher, in front of the principal last spring? Everyone knows his family doesn't have enough money for him to get away with something like that...
MonkeyWrench, take Keehnelf's question, please.

Rukellian, when Clarence visited Mr. Finney in the hospital, who was Clarence shocked to see there, and what did Mr. Finney and that other person talk about?

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#42 Post by Q.Q Elf »

MonkeyWrench wrote:
Q.Q Elf wrote:
MonkeyWrench wrote: Her mom died?!

Well then... Let's see, Her mom died when she was 8. Her father came home from work to find what looked like fang marks protruding from her neck and claw marks that mangled her body. Her father, Mark, has never been the same, trying to put up a smile for his children but otherwise being an extremely bitter and cold individual, consumed with trying to find the monster responsible. Her older brother, Jason, also changed since then, always training and looking in the paper for monster sightings or possible murder scenes; it seems he is following in his father footsteps. All the while Victoria tries to make sense of it all and still live up to her families traditions (monster hunting) and live with her family.
I'm pruning the tree ahead of time. As much as I need NPCs, I want only the ones that add more pain. If your pack may have led to her Mom's death, that's a win for the story, I think.

I don't need NPCs per se. I need hot cars that drive fast to do burnouts and donuts. :)
Hmm.... Then how about this, When the autopsy came back the wounds were very... wolf-like?
It was a suggestion, anyway. It doesn't have to be, but I think it would be cool if...
1) a Werewolf did do it.
2) Victoria knows a Werewolf did it

You know Seth's secret self will come out, and then something will have to happen because blood must be paid with blood. :twisted:

Of course, if Seth doesn't want to kill Victoria, then he'll have to turn on his own kind and find out who did it.

I know who I want to have done the deed... because it's poetic & shit...
Ah, f*ck it. I'll just come out and say it.

So, MonkeyWrench, when did Seth's father first come to the town? Why did he kill Victoria's mother?
(Yeah, this is bullsh!t, and if you don't like where this is going, fine, we can ditch the question... but I think it's hot. A hot damn mess :))

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#43 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Keehnelf wrote:Damn i can't update google docs on my phone.

Can someone add Frederick Adams in the back alongside Seth?
DONE.

Also, if anyone comes up with screwed up questions for each other, go ahead and ask them!

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by Keehnelf »

Since we know Seth is new to town, I feel like a better question than when is WHY did Seth's father come to town?

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#45 Post by Q.Q Elf »

EDIT. Forgot Rukellian is probably at work right now.
Last edited by Q.Q Elf on Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#46 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Keehnelf... so we (the players, not the characters) know that Vanessa is keeping some sort of creepy list of names.
Which of Vanessa's classmates is first on the list, and why?

I really want to follow up on Metal Fatigue's creepy answer about Mrs. Meecher.

I will say this: Remember, it's a horror setting. Supernatural shit going on. Don't be afraid to go creepy, macabre, and so on. Okay? Weird works well here.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by Keehnelf »

Summer is the first name on vanessas's creepy list, which she copied verbatim from the old book she found in her grandmother's attic.

Metal Fatigue
Guide
Guide

#48 Post by Metal Fatigue »

Q.Q Elf wrote:Who drove Vanessa to attempt suicide? What was the event that caused it to happen?
Vanessa attempted suicide when her abortion became public knowledge and her parents and the school administration pressured her to reveal the father. Frederick, who had been playing the "nice guy" by driving Vanessa to the clinic, spilled the beans pseudonymously on Facebook when Vanessa definitively refused to put out for him. The father's identity is still known only to Vanessa, and only a couple of people know Frederick was the one who told on her. Vanessa suspects Frederick, of course, but can't prove it.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Q.Q Elf wrote:Yes! Thankfully, a male NPC in the class. It's about time, people! ;)
Keehnelf wrote:My question: how did Frederick get allowed to come back to school this year after he beat up Mr. Finney, the art teacher, in front of the principal last spring? Everyone knows his family doesn't have enough money for him to get away with something like that...
MonkeyWrench, take Keehnelf's question, please.

Rukellian, when Clarence visited Mr. Finney in the hospital, who was Clarence shocked to see there, and what did Mr. Finney and that other person talk about?
Rumor around school is that he was able to come back because he shared who was really selling drugs in the school...
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Q.Q Elf wrote:It was a suggestion, anyway. It doesn't have to be, but I think it would be cool if...
1) a Werewolf did do it.
2) Victoria knows a Werewolf did it

You know Seth's secret self will come out, and then something will have to happen because blood must be paid with blood. :twisted:

Of course, if Seth doesn't want to kill Victoria, then he'll have to turn on his own kind and find out who did it.

I know who I want to have done the deed... because it's poetic & shit...
Ah, f*ck it. I'll just come out and say it.

So, MonkeyWrench, when did Seth's father first come to the town? Why did he kill Victoria's mother?
(Yeah, this is bullsh!t, and if you don't like where this is going, fine, we can ditch the question... but I think it's hot. A hot damn mess :))
Hmm, Well then. Seth's "pack" came to the town for a few different reasons, one they were told to by the regional pack leaders and two because a certain family of hunters were picking off monsters, some even being their own kind, something the Alpha's wanted resolved before the other monsters were able to. Seth's father stalked his prey to their home, breaking in already fully transformed to destroy the family, unfortunately it was a random night out and only the mother was there.

The current question that begs to be asked is... When will Seth's father finish the job?
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#51 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Alright, friggin Chromebook was updating, gosh darn it...

Anyway, got it to run properly again. Here's the teacher: Mrs. Meecher.
Hot teacher in trouble is what came to mind when I was browsing & saw that picture... it's a lame idea, but eh, you'll get over it!
(Yes, SFW. I guess there's also a ton of NSFW on DeviantArt, but welcome to the internets!)

Okay... I have to break out an actual notebook because it's getting complicated...

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Keehnelf wrote:Since we know Seth is new to town, I feel like a better question than when is WHY did Seth's father come to town?
Answered that in my post :D

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#53 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Okay... while I am trying to sketch out the hot mess you've given me to work with, and Rukellian is probably at work...

MonkeyWrench, please add a name to the list. Once that is done, ask Keehnelf a provocative question about our new classmate.

After answering, Keehnelf, add a name, and toss a provocative question to Metal Fatigue about that new classmate.

Alright. I have to follow up on our teacher after Metal Fatigue's provocative answer, and she doesn't have so much stuff around her yet.

EDIT... no, on second thought, let me keep my ideas close for now.
Last edited by Q.Q Elf on Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Marcus Owen has never been good (Infernal NPC?), while some think Seth is a simple troublemaker those same people call Marcus a piece of trash, his name comes to mind whenever something bad happens; be it drugs, fights, or simply not caring about the rules or respecting others. He is often flirting openly with the female faculty as well as the other students, when he isn't doing that he is usually being a terror to others.

So Keehnelf, Not really sure what a good question is but... A week before Angie broke up with James she was seen hanging out with Marcus... is he the real reason why they broke up? What happened between them?

Feel free to change the question if that doesn't fit with things, while asking questions about other peoples characters doesn't make me feel uncomfortable at all, it still feels foreign so I am having a bit of trouble with coming up with good questions...

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#55 Post by Q.Q Elf »

MonkeyWrench wrote:So Keehnelf, Not really sure what a good question is but... A week before Angie broke up with James she was seen hanging out with Marcus... is he the real reason why they broke up? What happened between them?

Feel free to change the question if that doesn't fit with things, while asking questions about other peoples characters doesn't make me feel uncomfortable at all, it still feels foreign so I am having a bit of trouble with coming up with good questions...
I'd add the following (for Keehnelf)...
With the caveat that Lucinda has been all jealous about Julie spending a secret weekend with Victoria at the abandoned lakehouse, and that Marcus doesn't seem like her "type"... what is Marcus' connection to Lucinda? What does he do for her? Why does she make cover for his shit?
(We still have the open question about where Lucinda gets her dope to deal, but it doesn't have to be Marcus... but maybe Marcus is connected to the same place. What if it is Mr. Finney, the art teacher that Frederick beat up?)

Edit... Deleted some rambling of mine.

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#56 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Okay. I think we have a start. Whoever gets to it first can fill the empty seats with names. I'd still want to pose questions, but I will dole them out.

Things I want...
Did we get a description of Lucinda? I'd like a picture of her because she's a big NPC at the moment. That means I'll use her hard to push your buttons, I think. She might be first on the block.

I still have at least one outstanding question to Clarence/Rukellian. I'll try to get that moved down so it's more visible...

I'm sure there's more to do, but I think we can start soon.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#57 Post by Rukellian »

Okay! Back from work. :)
Upon checking his art teacher that got beaten up, he was shocked to see Marcus Owen sitting in the same room. He overheard parts of their conversation and the drug name "staircase to heaven" came up, a highly addictive and potent street item that is said to cause temporary amnesia if taken in small doses. He didn't confront them because the conversation had a nervous and quiet undertone behind it, that and Clarence was afraid to get caught up in something so shady...

----

Duke Corrohn is the star-athlete of the Acrewood College Prepatory school. He has a surprisingly good vocabulary and is trying to recruit Seth Varron onto the football team. He's on good terms with Angie and respects her as a fellow athlete. It has been said though that he has strange eating tendencies... always talking to the local butcher in town about his 'special' stock.

Provocative Questions for anyone to answer:

Pavo Flenchez is an exchange student from Columbia that has just arrived after a few weeks of school have gone by. He's been found talking to James outside of school a lot, why is that? He has also been spotted near the local cemetary, bringing a shovel along each of his trips and a burlap bag. Someone knows about this, who and why?
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by Rukellian »

Q.Q Elf wrote:Okay. I think we have a start. Whoever gets to it first can fill the empty seats with names. I'd still want to pose questions, but I will dole them out.

Things I want...
Did we get a description of Lucinda? I'd like a picture of her because she's a big NPC at the moment. That means I'll use her hard to push your buttons, I think. She might be first on the block.

I still have at least one outstanding question to Clarence/Rukellian. I'll try to get that moved down so it's more visible...

I'm sure there's more to do, but I think we can start soon.
So here is a couple of pictures of what I think Lucinda could look like. I was going for an air of snobbishness or "I know I'm better than all of you, it is a fact" kind of look.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=dra ... tedIndex=2

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=dra ... dIndex=448

Take em or leave em, that's all I have to say. There might be better pictures out there that best represenst Lucinda ;)
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#59 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Metal Fatigue, whose name & cell number did Duke Corrohn write on the door of the first stall of the boy's bathroom, and what did he write underneath them?

Rukellian, since that secret weekend at the lakehouse with Julie seems to have gone awry, who has Victoria been hanging with?

MonkeyWrench, since that secret weekend at the lakehouse with Victoria seems to have gone awry, who has Julie Chen been hanging with?

Keehnelf, who are the 3 most active text partners on Mrs. Meecher's cell phone? Which student has access to her private Facebook page?

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#60 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Rukellian, since you're here... before Mr. Finney was attacked by Frederick Adams, who was Mr. Finney keeping after class all the time? What are the kids saying about that?

Which student has been the biggest brat during Mrs. Meecher's class & what is he or she doing?

Return to “Monsterhearts: Against my better judgment”