6. Dawn of a New Night

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: 6. Dawn of a New Night

#421 Post by Stirling »

wraiths have 5+3 HD, !!!!

Agrippo curses loudly and waves a decomposed arm and blazing sword at the ghostly form of the wraith nearest

4670 2nd attack to hit: 1d20+3] = 11+3 = 14
46708 melee damage: [1d8+4] = 4+4 = 8
46707 1st attack to hit: [1d20+3] = 6+3 = 9
46706 melee damage [1d8+4] = 5+4 = 9

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#422 Post by Zhym »

Date: Nouluna 6, 1221
Time: 2:33 AM - Combat Round 3
Weather: Light rain
Moon: Waning gibbous

You take the initiative by a wide margin.

Attacks from Robert, Fendt, Tibbius, Castran, and Bragar all miss their targets. Fendt's attempt to toss a mace and swing another one didn't work out well at all, and Bragar's attack is foiled by the force in this room. Robert has trouble adjusting to his new scimitar, swinging too hard and lodging it between stones in the floor. Agrippo's first attack also slices just short of a wraith.

Tumbler takes the strange round-headed hammer-like thing that Fendt tossed him and holds it in front of him in defense.

Iluq holds his holy symbol forth. "When I say leave, I mean LEAVE!" he shouts. Four wraiths hiss at Iluq then fly away through the walls (one of the wraiths, still blinded, exits a little less directly than the others).

The remaining wraith keeps attacking Melampus, who strikes it with his flail. Agrippo joins in with a Sunsword upper-cut that has the wraith wailing in pain. In fury, it reaches out and grabs Melampus again! (Melampus: -3 HP, -1 level!)

The remaining wraith has its back to a wall. At most five people will be able to attack it next round.

Actions!
Melampus is down to level 4! He loses 5 max HP, one 2nd-level spell slot, and both 3rd-level spell slots. He's now at 9,500 XP. Ouch. Please choose a 2nd-level spell to forget.

Tibbius is at 50,000 XP from his level loss, BTW.

Initiative: Party [1d6] = 6 Monsters [1d6] = 1
Wraith attack!: [1d20] = 16 [1d6] = 3
Turn vs. attack order (1=T, 2=A): [1d2] = 2

Attacks you avoided thanks to the turn:
Wraith attack!: [1d20] = 13 [1d6] = 4 Near miss vs. Fendt!
Wraith attack!: [1d20] = 5 [1d6] = 4
Wraith attack! (v. Robert): [1d20] = 12 [1d6] = 3 A hit vs. Robert's poor AC.
Wraith attack!: [1d20-4] = 19-4 = 15 [1d6] = 6 Even blinded, the wraith would have just missed Castran!
Status: Agrippo: 32/52, Tibbius: 8/9, Iluq: 13/34, Tumbler: 24/39, Robert: 16/34; Fendt: 14/15; Castran: 13/23; Melampus: 16/21; Bragar: 31/42
Effects: None

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#423 Post by greyarea »

Melampus curses and swings again.

Flail +1 to hit [1d20+1] = 9+1 = 10, dmg sm/lg [1d6+2] = 3+2 = 5/[2d4+1] = 5+1 = 6 and that's a miss

Melampus has forgotten his 3rd level spells and "Speak with Animals" from his 2nd level spells. I've always thought level drain sucked but, wow, this really sucks. At this rate, the party will wish I had been completely drained by the spiders so they could loot my corpse.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#424 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Tibbius lets his companions finish off the last intruder.

Great! Four left this time. Should we try to rest again? His words are rife with sarcasm.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#425 Post by Dram »

Bragar - Swings his new mace at the last Wraith.

Mace Atk
Mace attk, to hit[1d20+1] = 19+1 = 20, to dam[1d6] = 2
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#426 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Fendt tries to attack only the wraith closest to him again this time only attempting to do one thing at a time. Footman's Mace ?? [1d20] = 17 to hit [1d6+1] = 5+1 = 6 dmg
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#427 Post by Stirling »

Agrippo-zombie snarls forward in further rage attacking the remaining wraith.

46759 to hit: [1d20+3] = 19+3 = 22
46758 melee damage [1d8+4] = 8+4 = 12

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#428 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Once the Wraith is killed by the groups combined attacks Iluq head to Tibbius, inspecting the wraiths marks left on him, "I am sorry my friend, I could not turn them before they got to you..."
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#429 Post by Zhym »

Date: Nouluna 6, 1221
Time: 2:34 AM - Combat Round 4
Weather: Light rain
Moon: Waning gibbous

The wraith moves toward the wall, trying again to sneak out of the combat with its unlife intact. But you are far too quick. Agrippo, Fendt, and Bragar converge on the wraith and thoroughly obliterate it. With a high-pitched howl, it vanishes into nothingness.

The Sunsword dims, for what you realize is the first time since the wraiths attacked a little after midnight. You have, at least for the moment, a reprieve. Status: Agrippo: 32/52, Tibbius: 8/9, Iluq: 13/34, Tumbler: 24/39, Robert: 16/34; Fendt: 14/15; Castran: 13/23; Melampus: 16/21; Bragar: 31/42
Effects: None

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#430 Post by Computer +1 »

Tumbler spits on the ground. We keep waiting an we are all going to be babes suckin' on the tit before long. Those wraiths are bleeding us out. We better pack it up and get moving an see if we can hurt the master of this shit hole while we still got some punch left. To Fendt he adds, Thanks for this ummmm, round hammer but I think I'd better stick with this he pats his dagger I only took the mace so you wouldn't crunch yer own skull.

GreyWolfVT

#431 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Fendt "It's all good my dwarf friend. I will on day have to train with Iluq on how to dual wield in combat. I have to say he makes it look so easy."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#432 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Tibbius grabs Iluq by the wrists and looks deeply into his eyes.

I see it now my holy brother! With every tragedy I endure it becomes more clear. This is meant to be for me, it is my destiny to die here. We will rid the world of the monster Strahd but my spirit will perish in the process.

Thank you for helping me along this journey my friend.

Now..........lets go find that vampire bitch!

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#433 Post by Storm11 »

Castran agrees we should move out.

He will gather his gear and some of the valuables we stole from Strahd and move out of the secret treasure chamber and to the secret door leading to the hidden fireplace

we need to keep moving at least until morning arrives. Wraiths and such creatures are powerless in sunlight I hear tell, though with this blasted storm I wonder if even daylight will hinder them. If we truly want to rest we need to leave this castle for a time.
Greys Campaign.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#434 Post by Stirling »

"Forget sleep, we can sleep when were dead, move out. If there are no more doors and secrets to open lets go back this way", Agrippo is keen not to get cornered again and this resting is not getting us anywhere. He points the Sunsword in the direction of the fireplace and will lead the way if people follow out to the 'Hall of Heroes'. "Unless you want to go upwards of course..." pointing up into the darkness and from where the wraiths came from doesn't seem to be a wise choice and no way of climbing I think the only way is back out.

GreyWolfVT

#435 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Agrippo comes to a wall before we can exit the fireplace someone on the other end shut the secret door.

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#436 Post by Computer +1 »

Tumbler gives Tibbius a double glance before nodding at Agrippo's words. He checks all his gear and takes the first few steps towards the way out. He is carrying a mace in one hand and a war hammer in the other. He looks around the group. So I dont smash myself, does anyone really want this mace or not?

GreyWolfVT

#437 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Fendt "Here I'll carry it. Just means we have spares in case we break one." the half elf smiles at the dwarf as he takes the extra mace back.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#438 Post by Storm11 »

"Perhaps either a knock spell or Wraithform will get us out of here"
Greys Campaign.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#439 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Tib

I can knock it open if there are no other ideas.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#440 Post by Dram »

Bragar- We should be moving before we have more company. Bragar will grab whatever loot has not been taken.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Return to “Ravenloft”