PC Badassery

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

PC Badassery

#1 Post by thirdkingdom »

Post stuff here that makes your PC even more of a badass, such as a sigil, honorific titles, memorable epithets, etc. Everyone should have one post, to be updated as needed.

Wyzard
Ranger
Ranger

Re: PC Badassery

#2 Post by Wyzard »

Severi's battle garb stuff:
Severi is a big believer in looking terrifying to his opponents. He wears magical chain-mail for armor in order to stay light on his feet, but tops it with a voluminous leather coat, fancy gauntlets, and a skull-like helm. See this photo for inspiration.

Severi's Crest
Severi's crest is a joker skull with a side-order of playing cards. The following is the best I could manage as a rendition of it, taken mostly from stencils used for tattoos. Severi is the kind of dude who likes the stuff you'd see in old-school tattoos. Playing cards, dice, swords and daggers, dragons, skulls, barbed wire and chains, things that are on fire, etc.

The actual IC design is obviously done more with simple lines, and is monochrome black and white.
Epithets: As far as epithets go, Severi is already known as the Silvertongued, for his ability to speak honeyed words. While other Elves were learning archery, Severi studied MMA fighting. He actually still doesn't bother with ranged weapons.

XP Reserve: When Severi has wanted to dump money into his XP reserve before, he's dumped thousands of gold pieces into massive outdoor brawls. He likes to rope off an acre or two of ground, and let scores of men compete in barbaric unarmed combat by the light of the moon and huge bonfires. Alliances shift and break, and eventually the last man standing is awarded a large purse of 500 or more gold. There is no second prize. He also provides feasting and ale at these events. He's done it at least twice, and will probably do more of them as his fame and fortune increase. There are probably things that Severi likes more than fire, blood, and gold, but there aren't a lot of them.

Severi is also a highly skilled (but reckless) gambler, and probably has at least something of a reputation for that.

Motto: "Alea iacta est"

Achievements: Severi was granted a knighthood by the baron of Threshhold
Last edited by Wyzard on Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#3 Post by Alethan »

[work in progress]

Rhys Morgan (Rhys the Carpenter, Rhys the Traveler)

Rhys Morgan's Heraldic Symbolism:
The Martlet - According to the assorted myths, this small bird has no legs and is destined to fly without settling. This inability to land is considered symbolic of the constant quest for knowledge and learning. The heraldic martlet is perceived as being swift and elegant and is a device for someone prompt and ready in the dispatch of his business. The martlet signifies nobility acquired through bravery, prowess or intelligence. These reasons all carry equal weight in Rhys' decision to implement the Martlet on his coat of arms.

The Square - A time-honoured icon of one of the oldest crafts, carpentry, the Square symbolizes a nobility founded in hard work, persistence, and determination. Rhys selected this image to represent his humble roots in carpentry at the abbey.
Dannedd Blaidd:
[Elyenya] goes on. "The sword [is an] heirloom of our people, but we give [it] to you freely, since we have little to pay you with. The blade's name is Dannedd Blaidd in our tongue, which translates roughly to "Tooth of the Wolf".
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Atlictoatl
Ranger
Ranger

#4 Post by Atlictoatl »

Sir Tev Meren
Journeyman of the Puissant House of Lawful Reclamation

Honorific Titles
Defender of the Realm
knighted by Baron Sherlane Halaran

Garb
Tev wears the black-red cloak of the bounty hunter's guild of Darokin, wears the sword of his ancestors, and wields a man-catching net. His garb is blackened to facilitate the nighttime hunt of his quarry.

Coat of Arms
The red cloak on a black field represents the signature cloak of the Puissant House of Lawful Reclamation. The reversed black sword announces Tev as a journeyman sanctioned to pursue lawful quarry and execute the writ he carries, while the green gem on the sword hilt declares his chapterhouse to be in Selenica. The yellow border signifies his rank amongst journeymen.

The falcon is his personal device, representing his skill at tracking.
Knighthood
viewtopic.php?p=136370#p136370
"For these deeds, and the others you have accomplished, you shall all be knighted. I am afraid there are no grants of land that go along with such an honor, nor stipend, but I hope you will consider it at least partial repayment for your aid. In addition, if you have need of the services of my Guildmage you have but to ask. I have instructed him to aid you to the extent of his abilities. The events of the past week have shown me that perhaps my strictures against the practice of arcane magics within the walls of Threshold may be overly restrictive, and I plan on gradually allowing the use within the city limits. As knights, as of now you are no longer bound by the edict against using magical items, and you may also bear whatever arms you carry within the city without need to turn them in."

He goes on to explain more about the process and perks of knighthood, noting that the honor he is bestowing does not turn the adventurers into vassals or servants, but is instead a way of recognizing their service and letting others know of the esteem he holds for them. "You are now entitled to be addressed as 'Sir'; every citizen of Karameikos, from the lowliest peasant to the Duke himself, is honor-bound to give you food and refuge should you desire it."
Last edited by Atlictoatl on Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Koren n'Rhys
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#5 Post by Koren n'Rhys »

Quint Kacie, Scholar-Mage
Very much a work in progress

Honors & Titles:
Knighted by Baron Sherlane Halaran for his part in breaking the Siege of Threshold

Coat of Arms:
The comet & owl represent arcane might and knowledge.
Last edited by Koren n'Rhys on Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

phil285
Tracker
Tracker

#6 Post by phil285 »

Vanco Basou
vanco1.png
vanco1.png (11.22 KiB) Viewed 2592 times
A field of green for hope, a chevron and the gold eagle both representing the protection of the church and a white hand representing sincere faith.
I did stop myself from putting something big and hitty in there....

Knighted! (viewtopic.php?p=136758#p136758)

Return to “In Search of Adventure”