The Diner

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Diner

#341 Post by AleBelly »

Chance, driving

Chance pilots his Subaru into the lot, parking so that the front of the car is facing the road in case they need to make a quick getaway.

"Norm, why don't you get out first? I'll be right behind you." After Norm gets out, Chance grabs his mop handle, pulls the keys from the ignition and stays a few steps behind the erstwhile busboy.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#342 Post by Dram »

Whitey climbs off the back of the bike checks around the area for any zombies dead or alive.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#343 Post by Bloodaxe »

Marcel wrote:Steve B. - Trucker

Steve fiddles nervously with the radio and then checks his cell for the one-hundredth time. He then checks Barb's car for a phone charger/flashlight/lighter/gun/mace/anything. He waits for Chase's car to park and then Steve will park Barb's car in a convenient/quick escape sorta-way.

Steve looks all around.....make-up...perfume...breath mints....damn it! Nothing!!! He does find a swiss army knife kind of pocket tool. A small knife, scissors, screwdriver, bottle opener,etc.
The radio is static...but you do hear a few voices occasionally.... one catches your attention. Something about a relief /rescue station, and teams being sent out to gather survivors.

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#344 Post by Bloodaxe »

Dram wrote:Whitey- Looks around the garage area to see if there is a fence around it. Norm you knock on door . See if your uncle is here. He looks around for any vehicles that may run.
You cant tell if some of the cars will run or not. The tow truck seems good, others have some damage. Others look OK from the outside.

Norm the busboy
Norm gets out and bangs on the door, then looks in the small windows of the garage bay doors.
Uncle Lester?? Its me, Norm.

You hear a mumbled voice from inside.

Norm turns to the group.
He says park the cars away from the garage doors and then go around back.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#345 Post by ybn1197 »

Tucker Riley - Nightwatchman
Outside Garage Doors

Tucker turns and looks at the others and shrugs. "His place, his rules. Chance, I guess you will take care of the cars along with Steve and Chingy. I'm going to go around back and make sure the coast is clear." He then looks over at Whitey, "You got my back?"

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#346 Post by Bloodaxe »

Norm grabs whatever he can from the car and heads around back.

Tiny
You think its safe? I don't se many of those things around. We better get in before we attract attention.
He parks his bike out back and moves toward the rear door.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#347 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Chingy pushes his put around to the back and points it towards the road in case he needs to make a quick exit.

He then goes back to the cars and helps move them or anything else that needs to be done.

I hope this guy ain't got no problem with bikers!

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#348 Post by badams30 »

Uncle Lester

A skinny, grizzled, weathered old man quietly files out of the back door of the garage. With a perpetual scowl on his wrinkled face, and attired in a pair of dark blue zip up coveralls with the name "Lester" embroidered on the left breast pocket, and wearing a well-worn set of black steel toed boots, the old man carries a battered double barreled shotgun at the ready, and more ominously, a large growling Doberman appears right at the man's side.
He glances over the approaching people, eyes locking on Norm and he says in his gravelly voice "Shhhh! Keep it down, them damn things'll come runnin' if ya so much as fart." He glances down and says "Easy, Blackie. It's Norm. And his... friends." He casts a wary glance at everyone and says "For the love of God, tell me ya brought some %#$# coffee. I need some $^%damn coffee."

He motions for everyone to hurry inside. "Come on, come on. Yer lookin' like meat on the hoof for these hungry sonofabitches." He motions for everyone to enter, and he files in behind them once they are all in.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#349 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Chingy the Biker

Thanks for letting us in pops! We brought a bunch of stuff from the diner with us. I'm sure there must be some java in the pile you can have for your hospitality.

Chingy knows a little bit about dangerous dogs and tries to make friends with Blackie.
Last edited by OGRE MAGE on Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#350 Post by Dram »

Whitey- I got your back brother. What do you have for a weapon Tuck?
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Marcel
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#351 Post by Marcel »

Bloodaxe wrote:
Marcel wrote:Steve B. - Trucker

The radio is static...but you do hear a few voices occasionally.... one catches your attention. Something about a relief /rescue station, and teams being sent out to gather survivors.
Steve B. - Trucker

Steve looks to remember which station had the voices on it, shuts off the car and heads inside with the others. He greets Uncle Lester as he enters, "thanks for the welcome, I'm Steve. I heard some chatter on the radio on the way over. I couldn't make out what was said but something about a relief/rescue station. Do you have a working radio, I'll put the station on to hear if there's more". Steve goes to where Lester points and gets to work on that dial[if a radio exists]. As a mechanic, Steve also looks to see what kind of garage Lester has and what he's been working on.

Skill Check(Perception 46 or Mechanic 77) roll [1d100] = 32

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#352 Post by AleBelly »

Chance

He maneuvers his car as Lester asks and quietly goes in the garage.

"Thanks Lester. That's a good nephew you have there. Did you clear all of them out , sir"

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#353 Post by Scott308 »

Derek- Journalist

Derek will bring the two bags of supplies from the diner. Norm told us about your place, and I'm happy to see you are still among the living, sir. You are obviously good with that weapon. Would you and your friend be interested in coming with us to check out the hospital? We're hoping to find medical supplies, and could use an extra person.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#354 Post by ybn1197 »

Tucker Riley - Nightwatchman
Lester's Garage

Tucker nods to Lester as he files into the garage with the others. "Thanks for the hospitality," he says as he nods to the older man. He takes a quick look around the building making note of all the exits and points of entry where the zombies could enter.
Dram wrote:Whitey- I got your back brother. What do you have for a weapon Tuck?
"Thanks. I got a revolver and this fire extinguisher," Tucker says lifting the heavy red canister. He will then look around the garage for a decent sized crowbar or tire wrench.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#355 Post by Norjax »

John J. Pongrass – Camera Man
Tucker's Garage

John offers a handshake to Lester, "The names John Pongrass, thanks for taking us in tonight." He scratches the back of his neck, looks around and then looks Lester in the eyes, "You don't happen to have some weapons that we might use? Firearms, axes, sharp tools?"

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#356 Post by Dram »

Whitey Biker- Well lets use the handgun as a last resort. I have a golf club and handgun. We will look for more weapons that may help us. Tiny please hold my Saddle bags while verify the area is secure. He hands the saddle bags to Tiny.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#357 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Chingy, once inside, looks for a office couch or something else to pass out on.

We ain't slept in days, some of us even longer. Do you and your dog mind watching over us for a few hours? I gotta crash or I'm gonna pass out man!
Last edited by OGRE MAGE on Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#358 Post by badams30 »

Uncle Lester - Old ornery mechanic
Securing garage, chatting with his "guests"

Lester double checks the door and then looks over the group. Seeing some of them looking around he says in his gruff voice "Hey now! Don't be lootin' my shop. I've gotta have some stuff to work with when this all boils over, you see?" He shrugs and follows up with "Okay, dammit. I aint got no weapons other than this here old shotgun and my trusty tire iron. There are some pry bars, hammers and stuff like that, but this here's a garage, not some damn armory. Take what ya need, but for Gods sake, gimme it back when this is over, okay?"

He gives Norm a hug, then looks about, and becoming conscious of his display of affection, he stands up straighter and says "Norm, I went lookin' for yer Ma when this all kicked off. Her house was broken into, all busted up, but she's not around. Now don't get all worried, she's tough. I checked her haunts, and she wasn't at any of em.' I had to come back here, them things was gettin' too much to handle alone." He looks at the others and says "That was two days ago. I don't know what the hell is going on." He stops and stares at the ceiling, pausing for about 30 seconds. Then he looks at Chingy and says "Did you say ya got some food and coffee? I'll be damned. I was heading to the McDonalds to get a senior coffee when some guy came a' runnin' at me and tried to bite my damn head. Sonofabitch. I busted his noggin to the white meat with my tire iron. Ain't seen nothin' like this ^#%$ since Vietnam. I had to kill a bunch of them things the other day, but once I cleared em' out, I realized they were attracted by noise and commotion, so I been keepin' it down and they been someplace else. I aint' got no more food, but got plenty of dog food for ol' Blackie..."

He shakes a finger at the group and says "Git ya' some rest, and keep the noise down. I aint too sure about heading out there, but 'can't stay here forever. We'll talk more when ya' clear yer heads." He scowls at Chingy and says "don't be eyein' the couch - That's where Blackie sleeps."

Lester grunts and starts looking through the supplies that were brought from the diner. He's hungry, really wants coffee, but won't take anything without asking, and won't take too much.

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#359 Post by Bloodaxe »

The garage is pretty clean as garages go. There are tow garage doors /work bays currently holding a Ford Trailbazer and an old Honda Civic.
Parked out back is pretty new Ford F150.

The front of the garage has an office with a couch (full of dog hair) and several chairs. Also a coffee pot for customers.(but no coffee)

Steve finds a TV in the waiting room , and a radio in the back of the garage.

Chingy attempts to make friends with the Doberman " Blackie", but the dogs ears flatten and it growls menacingly.....so he decides no petting.

Tucker finds a crowbar, several tire irons and a large wrench.

The place looks secure. The doors are boarded up inside & out and it seems Lester has improvised a crossbar and a few door jams too.
The garage bay doors have two - foot long narrow windows to look out of, but they don't seem an issue.

You have about 4 or 5 days food and water wit you from the Diner. You are all exhausted. This might be a good spot to rest and plan your next move.
Attachments
garage.jpg
garage.jpg (103.49 KiB) Viewed 855 times

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#360 Post by Dram »

Whitey- Tucker and Whitey are outside making sure are is clear and looking for anything that be of use to the group. Tuck you see anything we can use. How is that new truck looking? If everything is clear they will knock on the door and enter the building.

When knocking at door. Tuck I would stand to the side of the door no telling that old just may pull the trigger on that shotgun.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Return to “Rot World RPG”