OOC Discussion

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

Re: OOC Discussion

#61 Post by Q.Q Elf »

sulldawga wrote:Can we post in the OOC World Building thread or is that GM only territory?
Please feel free to post in the thread.

I am a firm believer in player participation in World Burning. This is an essential part of Burning Empires and Burning Sands: Jihad. (Burning Sands: Jihad is about the interstitial Jihad period between the original "Dune" novel and "Dune Messiah" (we are not discussing Brian Herbert here) where the players take the part of either Fremen Jihadis or Nobles of the old order who oppose the God-Emperor Paul Atreides I).

There is no world unless the players are invested in the fires of its creation.
There is only one real path: the river of fire. Everything else is an illusion. Trevor Faith, in Christopher Moeller's Faith Conquers

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#62 Post by Q.Q Elf »

*Snip!*

(EDIT: This was covered in the other thread, where it belongs.)
There is only one real path: the river of fire. Everything else is an illusion. Trevor Faith, in Christopher Moeller's Faith Conquers

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#63 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Now that we are close to picking a Cave to go all murder hobo-y within, please feel free to recast your character's Goals. I don't want anyone to be gimped because of the odd structure of the Caves of Chaos.

Simon
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#64 Post by Simon »

Ahmad's Goal: I will find those who have been taken into the cave and discover what befell them.
A little bit of damage is good for the system
-Tehching Hsieh

Harlan Wax, Halfling Burglar - Flickering Light (Torchbearer)

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#65 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Thor's Player Best Practices on the BWHQ forum for Torchbearer...
http://www.burningwheel.org/forum/showt ... -Practices

Some of this, we will need to describe to GreyWolfVT since he doesn't have the book & the structure of the game is different than D&D.

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#66 Post by Q.Q Elf »

The two-hander rules discussion is great.

I think those are the best weapons in the game because they force you to make hard choices.

One-handers are for wimps!

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#67 Post by GreyWolfVT »

hmm is is possible to have an axe instead of a sword on the dwarf?
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#68 Post by Q.Q Elf »

GreyWolfVT wrote:hmm is is possible to have an axe instead of a sword on the dwarf?
Don't know. I'm on the train, and my book is not here (really need to load the PDF onto my tablet)... but I will check before we truly start smashing, murdering, and looting.

GreyWolfVT

#69 Post by GreyWolfVT »

maybe I can take a look at that there pdf lol I think I still have it linked somewhere... ;)

EDIT: oh wait that was only the free stuff on BW so nope no actual rules there at all.... :roll:
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#70 Post by sulldawga »

GreyWolfVT wrote:hmm is is possible to have an axe instead of a sword on the dwarf?
A Dwarf Adventurer can have any weapon except 2H sword, bow, or lance. Because you're short.

GreyWolfVT

#71 Post by GreyWolfVT »

funny to hear someone say that.... because in RL I am 6' 5" ;) Also I have played a dwarf that used pole-arms it was funny.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#72 Post by sulldawga »

Halberd, Spear, and Polearm are available to you. Even though you're short.

GreyWolfVT

#73 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I used a lucerne hammer once ;) to thwart evil druids and an owlbear that bear hugged me to death. But I think this time I'd like to stick to an ax. Because I am a stunted man! :P

GreyWolfVT

#74 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I wanted to say thanks to everyone for the help in the process of learning this system and creating a character the suggestions and "hand holding" helps a lot. I also must say thanks for everyone else being so patient with me as well.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#75 Post by Keehnelf »

Patience is a virtue. It's also a luxury we no longer have. The Caves of Chaos await!!!

GreyWolfVT

#76 Post by GreyWolfVT »

changed weapon to axe not sure what "types" of axes TB has to offer. But I am fine if they don't have various types it is a lot easier that way.

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#77 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Cool!

I think we are ready for dice.

I am also sensing that we're gearing up for a Convince battle with the Gobbos, correct? What are we trying to Convince them about?

The goblins really are surprised to see the adventurers here during the daylight hours (the "night shift" for Goblins). Their instinct is to make a lame attempt at fighting, and then run off through the tunnel on the far side of the room from where the party came in.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#78 Post by sulldawga »

I just figured it would make sense to talk to them first and see what we can learn about the situation. The only thing I want to convince them of, at this point, is that it makes more sense to talk than fight.

GreyWolfVT

#79 Post by GreyWolfVT »

In this case my not horris's original reaction was to charge in axe swinging but I am taking the paladin's example on this not sure as player or character what the paladin is up to. ;)

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by Keehnelf »

The elf's plan was to try and offer themselves up as captives after seeing how dangerous the goblins were, and then try to manipulate/persuade them into believing that elf was a super amazing delicacy and get the goblins to fight amongst themselves for the privilege of getting the elf-meat.

But, since they're not engaged in an actual internal struggle, I think our best bet is to try and orate them into being peaceful and then figure out what we can before imprisoning or killing them.

Return to “Torchbearer: Return to the Keep on the Borderlands”