(CLOSED) Zirus' Little Adventure

Antman9
Sol
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Zirus' Little Adventure

#141 Post by Sol »

[Zirus - Lizardfolk Aspiring Cleric 0] (HP 14/10) (AC: 16)
Actions: Escape!

Zirus passes the torch to one hand and stows the flint and steel in his pocket. The last thing he sees is Tobias running toward him and the creature horrifically shifting forms.

"What the..." exclaims Zirus, then he hisses to the cat, "Follow me Little Brother, run!" He exits through the northern door, hissing as he goes so that Tobias will hear him. Confound it. Zirus pictures the dungeon in his mind's eye - recalling that he need only retreat north, then take the western way as far as it can go in order to get out. He wastes no time.

Intelligence Check:
[3d6-1] = 16-1 = 15

Dexterity Check:
[3d6] = 10
Ready your Sword, your Spells, your Warhammer. The Iron Realm Podcast awaits!
http://theironrealm.blogspot.com/

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#142 Post by Antman9 »

[Formerly known as Tobias – Grimalkin] (HD: 2) (AC: 12)
Actions: Agreeable Reaction

"I'm with you!" the Grimalkin formerly known as Tobias says.
DM - Dragons Belch: A New Beginning (Custom D&D)
DM - Ying Huo Chóng – The Way of Things (Cortex Plus - Firefly)

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#143 Post by Antman9 »

Unable to see anything at all, Zirus and Tobias run for their lives. Zirus knows north is a sure bet so he heads that way. Tobias quickly catches him before he exits the circular room and grabs hold of his pack so as not to loose him in the smoke. They make it safely up the ascending hallway and shoot across the junction room at the top. The gap created by the small room however, proves their undoing. Zirus slams into the wall just left of the north doorway. Tobias likewise slams into the back of Zirus. They both topple to the ground in a heap of Lizarman flesh, Zirus on top of Tobias. As the two struggle to regain their feet in the darkness the smoke dissipates as quickly as it arrived. Zirus' torch lies smoldering, a weak feebly flickering flame, on the floor nearby. There is no sign of the horrid shapeless thing they encountered in the circular room.

Zirus takes 1 hp in wall damage

Junction Room
Junction_Room.JPG
Junction_Room.JPG (16.29 KiB) Viewed 657 times

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#144 Post by Antman9 »

Actions: Out of sorts

Tobias groans loudly, "Uuugh! What the...! You're squishing me Lizardman!" He then shape-changes into cat form and squirms out form under Zirus. "I have never, in all my days, seen such a crazy sight. What do think that was all about my friend? It appears as if we've lost that thing."

Sol
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#145 Post by Sol »

[Zirus - Lizardfolk Aspiring Cleric 0] (HP 13/10) (AC: 16)
Actions: Exit

"Hmm," says Zirus, "The parchment, pleas-s-s-s-e. Now, this way." The Lizard Man moves through the western door, shutting it behind him. With the torch in hand he makes his way without haste to the next room and ascends through the exit there.

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#146 Post by Antman9 »

Tobias hands the parchment over to Zirus and the two promptly exit through the west exit, climbing the alternating staircases, and exiting through the upper hatch with the key Zirus found on the river skeleton. The island above is just as he left it.

Actions!

Calendar Day:
3:30 pm
The 9th day before the Kalends of Lunius
Full Moon

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#147 Post by Antman9 »

Actions: Overjoyed

Tobias falls to his knees as they exit the hatch, "I thought this-s-s day would never come." he says with great joy in his voice. "I owe you my life sir. I am your's until the debt has-s-s been repaid."

Sol
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#148 Post by Sol »

Actions: Seals exits

Zirus nods at his smaller companion, tucking the parchment into his pack. He shuts the hatch and tries his key to see if he can lock it. "What do you know about that thing?" he asks.

He takes a moment to reorganize his pack as he listens to the small one. He produces a grey candle and the leather parchment of concentric circles that he'd found earlier. With these items ready, he passes the torch to Tobias and says, "Follow me."

After, he approaches the tower and searches for the first hermetically sealed door. He shuts it, secures it, and examines the seal that he punctured earlier. He presses the leather parchment against it, lights his candle, then painstakingly works to re-seal it using wax from the candle.
Last edited by Sol on Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#149 Post by Antman9 »

Zirus descends the staircase of the old tower. The entry door to the dungeon below is still slightly ajar from the wedge he placed in it earlier. Moving to the second door he finds the same. As he begins to open the second door, heading for the third door, the first hermetically sealed door, he hears a sound coming from within the second room. Peering through the barred window he sees the skeleton, that was previously lying on the floor, moving about the room aimlessly.

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#150 Post by Antman9 »

Actions: Puzzled

respondign to Zirus' question, Tobias says, "I am unsure what that thing was-s-s. I have never seen anything like it in my life."

Sol
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#151 Post by Sol »

Actions: Retreats

Once Zirus sees the skeleton he decides to back away from the third door and exit the tower. Once he and Tobias are outside he retreats from the island the way that he came. "Watch out for those," he tells the small one, pointing to the Shriekers and the various dangerous flora that he identified earlier, "but make haste."
Last edited by Sol on Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#152 Post by Antman9 »

Actions: Follows along

Tobias nods and follows Zirus diligently.

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#153 Post by Antman9 »

Summary

It is nearly 4 pm by the time you emerge from the spring in the Elven home. Grognork is there in the main chamber setting at the square wooden table. There is a plate full of steaming meat and fresh root vegetables. He watches as you exit the spring followed by Tobias.

"Ah, my friend. I zee you have brought zome company along. I huv been vaiting for you. I believe zee others left some time ago for zee north. Perhaps you are hungry, come, have zum meal vith me, von't you?"

Actions!

Calendar Day:
4:50 pm
Full Moon

Sol
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#154 Post by Sol »

Actions: Partakes of the meal

Zirus searches the area with his eyes. "How long have I been gone?" he asks. "They have... departed...?" Zirus stares blankly at Grognork but ultimately takes some of the food, saying a prayer over it before devouring it in one gulp. He regurgitates a portion of it and offers it to his familiar.

"The pool leads-s-s-s to the Underdark," comments the Lizard Man, "And there may be some dangerous-s-s happenings afoot, and some strong wizardry. We may be safe for the moment," he says, "But we would be wise not linger here any longer than we mus-s-st." He takes out the parchment and the diary that were recovered below ground and studies them more thoroughly as he partakes of the meal.

"There is a female, an elf," he tells his Little Brother, "And I am tasked along with some others, with rescuing her. I do not know how much time we have or if we are likely to catch up with the others, but my fate is bound to theirs, and so follow I must." He turns to Grognork. "I do not know if your path leads you north," says Zirus, "But I would be pleas-s-s-ed for the company." He retrieves the map that they'd found in the home earlier and spreads it out, trying to decide what the most likely path of his companions might have been.
Last edited by Sol on Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#155 Post by Antman9 »

[Grognork Kettleforge – Human Fighter 1] (HP: 20/20) (AC: 15)

Action: Makes conversation

Grognork replies to Zirus with a smile, “You have been gone for most of zee afternoon my friend. The others moved on north. I vuz hungry zo I stayed. Theez Molerat meat eez very tender, no?” Grognork takes a large bite and chews extravagantly.

He frowns at hearing the word wizard, “Vizard eez no good, they vill make many trouble. I do not like zee sound of theez.” He takes another bite of Molerat and few bites of tuber. “Eet is late in the day, you do not vunt to see vut comes out after dark. They are very fast and severely unfriendly. Vee should leave at first light I think. My path veel follow yours my friend.

Grognork looks off to one side in deep thought then finishes his meal.

Sol
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#156 Post by Sol »

Actions: Reads Diary and Parchment

Zirus takes another chunk of molerat, pushes it into the back of his throat, then allows his throat muscles to force it down into his gut. As his companion goes silent, Zirus reads what he may of the parchment his familiar recovered and also searches for any additional clues in Calmert's diary that he found earlier in the Underdark.

He doesn't like the idea of staying here overnight but likes the idea of being attacked in the wilderness while half-asleep even less. He sets up camp beside the pool, laying out his bedroll which is still wet from the swim. Feels fine to the Lizardman. He takes stock of the rest of his items, laying them out to dry as well.

"Great Shekinester," he prays, "Should we be slain in our slumber, may you come upon us then and devour our corpses whole." He peers in the mirror, unblinking and expressionless, then lays down upon the bedding and moves no more.

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#157 Post by Antman9 »

Actions: Eats greedily

Tobias returns to cat form and greedily growls down the Molerat that Zirus has offered. "Thank you," he says and curls up in a corner to take a nap. "I am very tired from our little adventure together. It has been a great deal of time since I last set foot out of that horrid dungeon. Please do not think me rude, new master."

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#158 Post by Antman9 »

Summary:

You read through the diary and parchment to discover any secrets they may hold. Both are written in common.

Diary:
The diary contains a collection of letters from a priest named Calmert and the personal notes of a Cleric named Lareth the beautiful. The priest notes detail instructions, directed at Lareth, to conduct experiments on the lunae homines with something he calls black pearls he received from the Groo. There is single entry concerning the lunae homines and a ship hidden in the Caves of Blackeye. The diary details the horrific torture the lunae homines endured at the hands of Lareth and his men. Mention of the Back Pearls in Lareth’s notes is vague and insignificant other than in the last entry.

The Black Pearls only seem to affect the dead. We must return to the Elemental Temple at once and contact the Groo to request additional magics. I have sent message to Calmert. We leave for the Elemental temple tomorrow.

The final diary entry is dated roughly one year ago.

Parchment:
The parchment is a letter from Calmert detailing the use of the Black Pearls. They are used as projectiles, creating a swiftly expanding greyish-black smoke when broken. The parchment goes on to say he hopes the effects will meet their needs, if not they will need to request additional magics from the Groo. The parchment is signed by Calmert along with the symbol of a flaming eye in iron gal ink. You will recognize the symbol as that of an evil cult that once tried to enslave a portion of these lands, torturing and disfiguring any who would not join them.

You wake the next morning to the smell of more Molerat. Grognork has prepared breakfast and greets you with a broad smile. "Did you sleep vell my friend? It is a new day and I think we will discover something grand in our journeys together. Vut do think of that my friend?" He gives a great hearty laugh and sets down to the table to eat. After your morning meal you notice Grognork hovering over the pool, bent half over, taking large gulps of air into his lungs. He notices you staring and says, "There is something peculiar about zees pool. I feel very strong and capable when I am near it. It eez very refreshing, vut do you think zees means?"

Actions!

Calendar Day:
6:50 pm
Full Moon

Sol
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#159 Post by Sol »

Actions: Prepares for Journey, Departs

"It means-s-s the goddess is with us-s-s," says the Lizardman. He begins his morning with a swift dip in that same pool and a drink. Afterwards he packs his belongings, last of all the map, having examined it again once more. A dark mood befalls him as he considers what was described in the diary and on the parchment. He is unsure if he will ever meet with Calmer or Larteth - or if he should ever uncover again their wicked works - but Zirus, with all his soul, hopes not.

"I expect they've gone this way, by the north road, through Hommlet," says Zirus, "Perchance did the group make mention of this for certain before they departed? Let us find our way to the road and I believe we may find them yet if they have survived. If they have not," he pauses, "Then the task of finding the girl will fall to us."

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#160 Post by Antman9 »

[Grognork Kettleforge – Human Fighter 1] (HP: 20/20) (AC: 15)

Action: Scratches his beard in thought

Grognork scratches his rusty beard and looks off into distant lands, "I do recall zem saying zomething about zee town to zee north, but that eez all I can remember. I am sorry my friend, my mind eez not what it was once. Pleeze forgive me."

Return to “Dragons Belch: A New Beginning”