(CLOSED) Eddistone Point

Antman9
thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Eddistone Point

#1101 Post by thesniperknight1 »

[Caiden Cross – Human Rouge 0] (HP: 10/10) (AC: 13+1)
Action: My fellow knights

Caiden puts his hand on his bow ready to fire at the moment the ants try anything suspicious.

Initiative: [1d10] = 8, Attack: [1d20+3] = 1+3 = 4, Damage:[1d4+1] = 2+1 = 3

Initiative: [1d10] = 10, Attack: [1d20+3] = 2+3 = 5, Damage:[1d4+1] = 2+1 = 3

I hope this doesn't turn into a fight
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

Sol
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#1102 Post by Sol »

[Zirus - Lizardfolk Aspiring Cleric 0] (HP 10/10) (AC: 19)
Actions: Attacks Clement

Human Flesh Weakness: Clement (DC20)
[3d6+2] = 9+2 = 11

CHA DC 20 to avoid attack:
[3d6-1] = 12-1 = 11

Distraction in Rounds:
[1d3] = 1

Zirus blinks, amazed that his condition has been healed. At this moment, suddenly, there is the scent of a new human. This distraction snaps him back into the frenzy that overtook him prior to his fall into delirium...

Zirus begins to drool, unaware of the ants, focusing instead on the cleric whose scent is undeniable. He changes direction and attacks with teeth and claws...

Versus Clement's AC, Claw, Claw, Bite:
[1d20] = 11 [1d2] = 2 [1d20] = 19 [1d2] = 1 [1d20] = 11 [1d4] = 2
Ready your Sword, your Spells, your Warhammer. The Iron Realm Podcast awaits!
http://theironrealm.blogspot.com/

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#1103 Post by Antman9 »

Summary
The journey home

Pre-Journey
Clement, having exhausted himself healing Zirus, is unable to defend himself against Zirus’ attack and is mauled visciously by the Lizardman before Gavin and Cullivan can pull the crazed cannibal away from Clement. Shaador and Alf take Clement into the tower while Zirus is restrained. Once the Human is out of sight and scent Zirus eventually calms down and the party is able to move out.
Clement -5 hp

Further down the road…The party encounters two large Bull-Headed Ants. The party stops in the middle of the road, holding their breath, hoping the ants move on or find something else more tasty to nibble on. Their hopes are granted when two Giant Pill Bugs happen to scurry across the road. The Ants give chase and disappear into the tall grasses of the prairie.

Three hours pass without incident and the party arrives at the Wood Elf Home. The local fauna seems to be shrinking in size the further the party gets from the Village of Hommlet, though many are still much larger than they should be. An occasional 6” long Giant Bee buzzes past the party on its way to somewhere important. Delea, looking toward the site of the Wood Elf Home, calls a halt to travel. Looking toward the site of the Wood Elf Home with a concerned look on her face says, “There was a tree there, last I came this way.” She tells Alf to steer the cart in that direction. When she arrives she jumps down and searches the area quickly finding the previously hidden entrance and the dead spider carcasses.

This is very strange. I knew this tree very well.” She scans the prairie in all directions. “This does not bode well. We rest for fifteen minutes then resume our journey. Haril, you and Grognork guard this entrance while we rest. We have another twenty miles yet to go.” She looks across the prairie in deep thought but says no more.

Actions!

The Party:

PC’s
Zirus
Gorthak
Gort
Caiden
Seeker

NPC’s
Clyde
Alf
Baby Molerat in his cage
Delea
Esilia
Haril
Tobias
Buckey
Elktran
Grognork

Calendar:
11:45 am
June 26th, 9001

Sun Rise/Set: 5:37/8:30
Temp: 87.1°F
Visibility: 10.0 Miles
Wind: 8.1 mph from the SSW
Cloud: Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 49%
Moon Rise/Set: 5:16 am/7:52 pm
Moonlight: 2%
DM - Dragons Belch: A New Beginning (Custom D&D)
DM - Ying Huo Chóng – The Way of Things (Cortex Plus - Firefly)

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#1104 Post by badams30 »

Gort - Savage

At the mention of the missing tree, Gort nervously glances at Gorthak and says "Uh, Gort scare big tree man away, didn't he? Uh oh. Lady going to be mad at Gort, I think."

Gort stands by nervously pacing as the party is halted for the time being...

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#1105 Post by thesniperknight1 »

[Caiden Cross – Human Rouge 0] (HP: 10/10) (AC: 13)
Action: Scared trees

Caiden relaxes for the fifteen minutes, yet again admiring his new knife which he became fond of very quickly.
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

Sol
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#1106 Post by Sol »

Actions: Heals Clement

Zirus takes some time to apologize to Clement for his prior outburst. "I regret my actions," voices the Lizardman. "Prior to leaving our lands, I felt that I had mastered the reflexive urges that plague my people in the presence of human beings. I am unable to resist it when first I meet a human person. It seems I have much work to do in order to overcome this addiction."

He approaches Clement, ashamed at the wounds that the man has sustained. "May I offer to you what healing I may so that you may again become whole." He chants, "May the Goddess grant you, in her wisdom, that which will deliver you to your destiny. I do thy will in your name, Skekinester."

Cure Light Wounds (Need a 76 or higher to succeed):
[1d100] = 26

Healing on Success (1d8):
[1d8] = 7

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1107 Post by MonkeyWrench »

["Seeker" Jyrbian Talanador of the Bleeding Eye - Lvl 0] (HP:10/10) (AC:11)
Action: Answers to an elfs concerns

Jyrbian approaches Delea, "If this tree you speak of is not an ordinary tree then I believe I can answer your concerns. Upon arriving to this elven hovel we were accosted by some pitiful spiders, chasing our pungent associate Grognork. Upon killing them, with the unneeded assistance of the ent, the wooded creation then stomped off to some nearby village off to the east. We had gotten word from Grognork that it was infested with giant spiders, making it a large nest for the creatures to spawn."
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#1108 Post by Antman9 »

Zirus Summary

Zirus' attempt to heal Clement fails but it doesn't matter too much as Clement is passed out and hasn't yet discovered the Lizardman's bite. The others assure Zirus they will tend to Clement as the party departs the Village of Hommlet.

Sol
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#1109 Post by Sol »

Actions: Speaks with Delea

Zirus uncorks one of his water skins during their break and cleanses his body with the water, offering a silent prayer as he does so for the moisture.

Zirus moves to Delea. "What does-s-s this mean? What does-s-s this mean that the tree has departed? I take it that this-s-s-s was unexpected by you and should perhaps-s-s not have happened."

Zirus attempts to get Delea alone, but if this is not possible, he speaks to her in hushed tones, accepting that some of his comrades may hear the conversation.

"I require advice, small one, regarding my current difficulty," he says. "One reason I left my people was my belief that human beings are not entirely evil, that they are sentient, even as we are, and worthy of acknowledgement, as brothers. I meditated much on this truth. The goddess-s-s-s supported me in this. Yet, though I thought I had mastered the addiction for flesh that afflicts my kind, I have been woefully reminded of late that the addiction is far stronger than I believed. It is one thing to claim mastery upon the temple floor within one's own homeland. It is quite another to claim it once one is out in the world, amongst the very object of one's ancestral hunger.

"Truly, I chose to join this-s-s group because we are, on the whole, nonhuman. Yet, I see that part of my journey is to confront my addiction and master it face to face, in the world. This-s-s said, I do not wish my journey to come at the expense of human lives. But I cannot do this-s-s-s alone. I require help. I ask this-s-s of you. Is there any wisdom you can impart upon this-s-s-s wretched soul, who has the dishonor of being devoured from within?"

His face is expressionless, but his words indicate that his question is quite serious.
Last edited by Sol on Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1110 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Delea isn't the pixie, she's the elf.

Esilia is the pixie, and was with us when the tree ran after the spiders.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Sol
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#1111 Post by Sol »

ty!
Last edited by Sol on Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#1112 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Gorthak the wannabe knight sighs "I knew I should have thought twice to travelling with humans and a lizardman. Should have known the lizardman and his craving to consume man flesh would be a hazard to us all."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1113 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Action: Defending the lizardman?

Jyrbian gives Gorthak a confused look, "A hazard to us all? I dare say you are quite comfortable around the lizardman, being covered in fur and decidedly not human yes?" He then turns to Zirus, not listening to his explanation but understanding the context, "Do not be ashamed of your nature, you may strive to overcome such challenges to become more than what you currently are, but never be ashamed of what you are. You may now be a lower creature that follows some being that devours all it can see and claims to be divine, this does not mean you are unable to overcome these faults." he then turns and speaks to no one in particular as he walks away, "After all, my people became so great that the so called gods, in all their petulant and infantile temperance, had to intervene."

Sol
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#1114 Post by Sol »

[Zirus - Lizardfolk Aspiring Cleric 0] (MP: 1/2) (HP 10/10) (AC: 19)
Actions: Speaks of Addiction

Zirus stares at the minotaur. "Tell me, s-s-s-ir, that you have never yearned for the flavor of man flesh? It is a favored delicacy amongst your kind as well, is it not? At least, that is what the legends-s-s-s tell. How is-s-s-s it that you have mastered it?"

To Seeker: "I do not say that it is-s-s-s wrong for a creature to consume its rightful food," he says, "And neither do I say that I would turn down a meal should we cross-s-s-s paths with a threatening human being. This addiction has been with my people since the dawn of time, and they would label it as tradition or else our natural right to consume those of the naked, scaleless skin. Yet, I refuse to believe that this is a part of who we are. It is a demon that has taken our choice away, a lie made palatable by the weight of our culture. Should I deem a human a friend or a foe, I have no choice but to seek the feast of his flesh, whether this is a wise course or not, it is my curse."

He looks back toward the man he felled during their course on the road. The other priests are tending him and they meet Zirus's stare. He wonders what they are thinking.

"The demon in me is strong. You may be correct, Seeker, that I may never overcome it. Yet I will face it at each step and I will find a way. For the minotaur is-s-s-s correct. The failing in me may yet mean all our deaths."

As Seeker parts and walks away, Zirus catches the sound of something he said which is intriguing. He samples the air with his tongue, and truly, Seeker's scent is not human, not right. Zirus has sensed this before, yet now it is confirmed. As Seeker turns to go, Zirus comments, "So great that the gods-s-s had to intervene?" He narrows his yellow eyes. "Who, indeed, are your people?"
Last edited by Sol on Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1115 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Action: Ack!

Jyrbian whirs about, facing the lizardman, "My people? Humans of course. Are you still unwell? Is your mind still plaguing you with feverish hallucinations? I am human, see?" he raises his arms to let everyone see his form. he begins stepping away from the lizardman, "So now that we have answered these questions, I do believe it has been enough time to rest yes? Let us go."

He calls out to Delea, 'Elf woman! You have chosen to be the leader of this group, I suggest you give the order to continue on the road! We have rested adequately enough."

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#1116 Post by thesniperknight1 »

[Caiden Cross – Human Rouge 0] (HP: 10/10) (AC: 13)
Action: Seeking Answers

Caiden listens to the conversation intently, picking up a few bits here and there to better know his new companions. He was gonna add a few words of encouragement to Zirus but felt it was unnecessary since Gorthak said it best.

When questions of Seeker's nature arose, he remembered seeker telling him a secret, he didn't know he told him particularly but he knew that he had to keep his mouth shut to not get on Seeker's bad list, which he thinks is pretty full now.

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#1117 Post by badams30 »

Gort - Savage

Gort stands by with a puzzled look on his face, clearly confused with all the talk back and forth. He occasionally glances at Caiden, then Gorthak. He finally shrugs his shoulders and says in an exasperated tone to Gorthak "Too many words, Gort just not unnerstand. What everyone so bothered about? Why we stopped here? Gort want to keep moving." Gort glances at Delia and then Gorthak. He squints his eyes and says with an upraised dingy finger "Elf lady not in charge. Gorthak in charge. I not follow anyone but Gorthak. What we do now, Gorthak? Gort getting tired of bugs and big talking."

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#1118 Post by Antman9 »

Summary
A short break

Delea listens to Seeker’s speech thoughtfully, “That is very disturbing indeed, though a hopeful bit of new as to the fate of the Treant. Thank you for your words.” She looks off to the east in deep contemplation. Zirus breaks her deep thoughts with a question, for which she replies, “The Treant is a dear friend with whom I speak occasional. Though he speaks little in return, I am merely concerned for his welfare. This entire valley,” she motions with an arm in a wide arc across the prarie, “was once a lush forest with many Treants. During the Age of Darkness they were hewn to the dirt. It was a terrible affair that burdens my soul.

Zirus urges Delea off to the side, away from the rest of the party. Seeing concern in the Lizardman’s eyes she acquiesces to his need and follows. As Zirus details his dirty secret lust for the Human flesh she nods and murmurs an occasional “hmm” to signify that she is listening and understands. Once his request has been made she looks thoughtfully into the distance and replies in a whisper, “I may seem hard to many. I am not. I merely have…responsibilities that must be met. I feel for your plight, and though I personally do not have the ability to help you with your…needs, There is someone I know who can help you. I will introduce you to her when we return to Dragons Belch. Will this satisfy your needs?” she asks, looking deeply into Zirus’ eyes.

Gorthak grumbles about Lizardmen and continues his quiet meditation of the prairie in peace.

Seeker attempts to set them all straight with a bit of er…wisdom in his typical overlord way, most likely confusing the devil out of Gort and quite possibly Grognork too.

Zirus responds in kind to both Seeker and Gorthak, specifically questioning Seeker’s heritage. He senses something quite off about the man, though what the strangeness is he cannot place. The insubordination of their words tastes foul in Seekers mouth. He lashes out, spouting something about leadership and moving out.

Delea frowns at his brash comments and herds the party onward. As the party moves out Delea speaks briefly and quietly to Zirus, “Perhaps for our and your benefit we should bind you when we get to town, at least until we can acquire the assistance for your dilemma. I do not wish to be rude on this subject, but it may be best for everyone. How do you feel about this.

Nothing of great interest happens over the remaining 25 miles to Dragons Belch. The sun nearly set, Delea calls a halt around 8:00 pm, only a mile from Dragons Belch. The thick grey stone blocks of the outer wall loom up on the horizon. Beyond the walls, a short distance out to sea, dark clouds boil, winds lash the party form the south, and lighting crackles across the sky. “A storm is upon us. Batten your hatches as best you can. We will not make the gates before it is upon us.” She looks to Zirus, “Have you given any thought to my proposal Zirus? We must choose now.”

Delea looks at Zirus, hopeful, but with a fleeting patience.

Actions!

The Party:

PC’s
Zirus
Gorthak
Gort
Caiden
Seeker

NPC’s
Clyde
Alf
Baby Molerat in his cage
Delea
Esilia
Haril
Tobias
Buckey
Elktran
Grognork

Calendar:
11:45 am
June 26th, 9001

Sun Rise/Set: 5:37/8:30
Temp: 80.6°F
Visibility: 10.0 Miles
Wind: 12.7 mph from the S
Cloud: Thunderstorm
Humidity: 61%
Moon Rise/Set: 5:16 am/7:52 pm
Moonlight: 2%

Sol
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#1119 Post by Sol »

[Zirus - Lizardfolk Aspiring Cleric 0] (MP: 1/2) (HP 10/10) (AC: 19)
Actions: Consents to Delea's proposal

Zirus, in low tones, expresses to Delea that he consents to her plan. "Yes-s-s-s, this is how it must be. I do wish to speak to your contact, if she is willing." He glances at his companions, at first scornful at having to submit in their presence, then visibly straightening himself and taking his fate resolutely. He puts his hands together, then extends them out in front of him. "I believe that if the rope is given to Gorthak that there should be little likelihood of my breaking free. I have learned to gather my composure somewhat around human beings, but only amongst those I have already met. For the rest, some moments must pass before I can master my appetite."

He considers further. "If one of our number could obtain for me some water resis-s-s-tant scroll cases and book cases, this-s-s-s would safeguard my usefulness beyond this-s-s-s place."
Last edited by Sol on Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#1120 Post by badams30 »

Gort - Savage

Gort sees the rope coming out and says "Gort not like tie up friends. Gort spend lot of time tied up, and it not good. Gort know Zirus sometimes act hungry, but Gort not sure if he like tie up Zirus."

Gort glances at Zirus, looking for some sign that he wants help, otherwise Gort shakes his head and stares at his feet, occasionally diverting his gaze to watch Zirus get bound. Gort sighs audibly and shakes his head at the situation.

Return to “Dragons Belch: A New Beginning”