Character Creation/ Sheets

Shonuff
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Character Creation/ Sheets

#1 Post by Shonuff »

Use this to discuss character creation and setup.

Dice: 4d6 drop 1, (usually lowest). Reroll totals of 5 or less.
you may swap rolls to fit particular class.

Classes accepted:
Any base, any splat class or kit ( EXCEPT necromancer or chronomancer)
If you want a particular class/kit, run it by me here i'll let ya know.

Alignment:
Some of you may want to play "dark and shadowy" or evil.. i won't stop you.....BUT,
expect not to survive long.. The capitol of Gothmoor just got over a 8 year long
undead overtaking and seige of undead... evil isn't "welcomed"...
(oh, and I kill pcs outright when you attempt to destroy party balance or cause chaos for chaos sake. :) )

Races:
all normal races allowed. again...any special race, talk to me and ask, we'll see what we can do.
(It's not unheard of seeing a bugbear walking through Gothmoor..as long as he obeys the laws and civility level within Gothmoor's walls.)

***NOTE TO ELF PLAYERS: The elves in Ages past have done a great bad thing commonly known as "The Great Offense". They are not favorably liked across most of Thaaed. They have just recently begun to come out of a self exile and began attempting to reunite with the rest of civilization. Any elf that has "redeemed their bloodline" wears a red armbad or red on their left arm. Most people within the nation of Gothmoor accept this and will be publicly civil with elves. The outer lands and villages on the outskirts still may refuse service, or give barely notice to any patron that is elven(red armband or not!). You will not be openly attacked...in the city. You have been warned. :)

Proficiencies:
In the book, you get say 4 at 1st, then 1 every 3 levels. - in my campaign it's different for NON WEAPON only.
in my world, your initial number of proficiencies is what you get EVERY LEVEL. (holy crap thats alot! right? no.)
I want your characters skilled. Many skills will make you a better character to handle the difficulties of adventuring.
You need to know how to recognize heraldry of households AS WELL as blind fighting.. the more NON weapon profs, the better.
You can stack them. they stack. it lowers the number needed, thereby making it easier to pull off.
You can also, grab other non weapon profs, not normally allowed to your class... if you got an explanation how you got it.
Want a warrior who can recognize spells and effects (wizard NWP spellcraft), tell me his brother was a budding wizard and learned to recognize from that. done and done.
Warrior- 3 (every level)
Wizard - 4 (every Level)
Priest - 4 (every Level)
Rogue - 3 (every Level)

Weapon profs stay the same as in the book. - sorry :)

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Character Creation/ Sheets

#2 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Character sheet so far, still a work in progress between the different weapons and notes to add plus background and description.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by shaidar »

Hi

Here is Grendon, human dual classed ex-thief (3rd level) to Cleric (2nd level). Possibly speciality priest if available.

I have a few questions

1. Do you have a list of (good) gods
2. Is it max hp for 1st level or die roll
3. Do we roll normal starting money
4. Do languages work as non-weapon proficiencies, or as per intelligence?
5. In the case of dual-classing do you stop gaining new non-weapons prof slots until your new class level exceeds your old, then you gets the number of slots for the new class?
Last edited by shaidar on Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Im curious as well on proficiencies and non-weapon proficiencies since your intro stated you are doing them differently.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Shonuff
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#5 Post by Shonuff »

shaidar wrote:Hi

Here is Grendon, human dual classed ex-thief (3rd level) to Cleric (2nd level). Possibly speciality priest if available.

I have a few questions

1. Do you have a list of (good) gods
2. Is it max hp for 1st level or die roll
3. Do we roll normal starting money
4. Do languages work as non-weapon proficiencies, or as per intelligence?
5. In the case of dual-classing do you stop gaining new non-weapons prof slots until your new class level exceeds your old, then you gets the number of slots for the new class?

1. yes i'll post it in a second.
2. max HP for 1st level. then die roll additionals (2,3,4)
3 normal starting money. yes
4. languages from high int. can be used as NWPs if you don't want to speak that many languages.. but if you go in reverse ( using my additional given NWPs to buy languages, it's 2 per.= +1 speak it, +1 read/write it.
5.no, you treat two classes as you would multiclassing. i do not racial restrict multiclassing. you divide everything in half.
xp gets split. if your classes get more than 2 levels apart, all go into lowest to level them out.
HP. if one class levels alone, you roll HP and split in half and add con. then if other class levels. rolls die, split in half.(only adding con bns once each level)) if you want to do the classic dual classing of stopping one and then picking up another, that's fine. but you can "dual class" both together, just treat as two classed multiclassing.
MonkeyWrench wrote:Im curious as well on proficiencies and non-weapon proficiencies since your intro stated you are doing them differently.
Scroll up to first post.. i added it in RED.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by shaidar »

Thanks for a quick response.

Just to ensure I understand: As a human he can 'multi-class' 2 classes just like a demi-human, and this is with the usual multi-class rules on weapons and armour?

I was thinking of following the sun goddess (work is blocking images so I cannot see the gods table you posted a link to). Do you have more info on the speciality priests? Also do you see problem with being a priest of this goddess and also being a thief? He doesn't think of himself as a 'thief' any more, just somebody with a particular skillset who works for the cause, and he wouldn't use some skills such as pick-pockets as they are a bit dodgy.

Shonuff
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#7 Post by Shonuff »

shaidar wrote:Thanks for a quick response.

Just to ensure I understand: As a human he can 'multi-class' 2 classes just like a demi-human, and this is with the usual multi-class rules on weapons and armour?

I was thinking of following the sun goddess (work is blocking images so I cannot see the gods table you posted a link to). Do you have more info on the speciality priests? Also do you see problem with being a priest of this goddess and also being a thief? He doesn't think of himself as a 'thief' any more, just somebody with a particular skillset who works for the cause, and he wouldn't use some skills such as pick-pockets as they are a bit dodgy.
If you're talking about Eilynne, i'll get her info up and her specialty priesthood up today.
I've got no problem with a cleric thief.
Yes your clarification about dual classing is correct.

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#8 Post by Computer +1 »

Here is my stat roll, I am not going to keep the rolls in this assigned order.
Stats: STR:14, INT:10, WIS:11, DEX:10, CON:12, CHR:17

[1d4] = 4 HP

And here is the sheet in progress
Last edited by Computer +1 on Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by shaidar »

Shonuff wrote:
shaidar wrote:Thanks for a quick response.

If you're talking about Eilynne, i'll get her info up and her specialty priesthood up today.
I've got no problem with a cleric thief.
Yes your clarification about dual classing is correct.
Thanks.

I just wanted to clarify non-weapon profs for multi-classing, do you have slots for levels in both classes, or do you just take the most advantageous option. For example a cleric/thief 2/2, do they get 14 slots or 8 slots?

Shonuff
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#10 Post by Shonuff »

shaidar wrote:Thanks.

I just wanted to clarify non-weapon profs for multi-classing, do you have slots for levels in both classes, or do you just take the most advantageous option. For example a cleric/thief 2/2, do they get 14 slots or 8 slots?
For non weaps..you take them, add them together, then divide.
since they're both 2, then it'll be simple for you. 2+2/2=2
For clarification on my side, you're STOPPING leveling in thief, and going straight cleric correct?
if yes: then from here on out you just get cleric's nwp.

if NO, if you're planning on levelling them the same time..(dual/multiclassing)
then you level cleric, take nwps (2) divide by 2, and get 1 once you level thief, you'll get the 2nd.

And btw, i put Eilynne's ethos, her Pantheon entry, and her specialty priest mock up in the DIeties thread.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by ybn1197 »

Very much a work in progress:

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Shonuff wrote:

For clarification on my side, you're STOPPING leveling in thief, and going straight cleric correct?

then you level cleric, take nwps (2) divide by 2, and get 1 once you level thief, you'll get the 2nd.

And btw, i put Eilynne's ethos, her Pantheon entry, and her specialty priest mock up in the DIeties thread.
For my own benefit could you put the orc God of war up there as well? I would like to maybe mention it during dialogues of battle or something since he was in an orc clan that probably worshiped the guy.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by shaidar »

Shonuff wrote:

thanks for all the info.

After serious consideration I've decided to go for the standard cleric and to dual/multiclass (i.e. continue levelling both, rather than stop the thief). I hope that is OK.

I've managed to roll awful 2nd level hp's :(

I'm still confused about NWP, clerics get 4 and thiefs get 3 per level, so would I not get 2 for every cleric level and then for thief I get 2 on odd levels and 1 on the even level? So for cleric/thief 2/2 I would get 7 slots + 2 for intelligence.

Shonuff
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#15 Post by Shonuff »

shaidar wrote:Thanks for all the info.

After serious consideration I've decided to go for the standard cleric and to dual/multiclass (i.e. continue levelling both, rather than stop the thief). I hope that is OK.
Cool! not a problem.
shaidar wrote:I've managed to roll awful 2nd level hp's :(

I'm still confused about NWP, clerics get 4 and thiefs get 3 per level, so would I not get 2 for every cleric level and then for thief I get 2 on odd levels and 1 on the even level? So for cleric/thief 2/2 I would get 7 slots + 2 for intelligence.
Sucks about the HPs :)
As for the NWP. now that you know what you're going to do, we got something to work with.
OK cleric gets 4 NWPs and thief gets 3. thats 7 ...now divide by two (round down) that's 3.
Thief levels up...gets 3..divided by 2...that's 1 more.
cleric levels up...gets 4..divided by 2...thats 2 more.
3+1+2 = 6NWPs for a 2/2 Cleric/thief.

As with multiclassing, you take your leveling up, and divide the sum by the # of classes.
two classes divide by 2.....three classes divide by 3..
HP, NWPs, and Starting money are all done this way
THACO, Saving throws go by "which number is the better of the classes"

got it?

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by shaidar »

got it, thanks for your patience.

That's the only downside to multiclassing, the rounding down with odd numbers.

Shonuff
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#17 Post by Shonuff »

shaidar wrote:got it, thanks for your patience.

correct, but there are WAAAY more upsides.
(turning undead WITH backstab..)
(Spell casting AND thief skills)

it's an even tradeoff.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by shaidar »

Shonuff wrote:
shaidar wrote:got it, thanks for your patience.

correct, but there are WAAAY more upsides.
(turning undead WITH backstab..)
(Spell casting AND thief skills)

it's an even tradeoff.
true, although he has limited set of weapons, as he can only used bludgeoning ones. Can you backstab with a club or staff?

Character sheet is almost done. I'll post up equipment tomorrow. A few place name might be handy - the city he came from originally and the town he joined the church in.

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#19 Post by Computer +1 »

I have a few questions about Weston.

Is it a mining town? What kind of honest work is there for people? What is the racial make up of the town?

I am between ideas from my character and want to make something appropriate.

Shonuff
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#20 Post by Shonuff »

to me, "backstab" is a misnomer. it is "...a tactically sound, suprise attack with debilitating force to a vital organ"

from 1st Edition assassins who always used blades, the backstab has taken it's default form of stabbing weapons.

If you sneak behind a guard, and wind up, and swing a morning star into his lungs or kidney, that is a BACKSTAB multiplier in ANYONE'S book. so no, i allow blunt weapons for backstab.

placenames for your character will help if you can give me his look. give me a geographical look or stereotype. (india-indian- black hair mustache brown skin, Nordic- tall muscular blonde hair viking like?, German/european- brown hair, beard, hearty and thick... )

if you go to the world map...you'll see i named the nations and the basic default "look or feel" of the nation. you tell me the nation i'll tell you the city and church and head cleric etc.

As for weston i'm working on giving full information post in the Weston thread in a bit.

Return to “Ancient Kingdoms: Journey in the Wildreach”