Chapter 1 - Screams at Dawn

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 1 - Screams at Dawn

#81 Post by ybn1197 »

pipes84 wrote:Does the door have a handle and a lock? Does it look sturdy or rather flimsy?
It looks to be a standard interior door, so not flimsy but not as strong as a door that would be used on the exterior of a building. There is no keyhole in the door to lock in that means.

pipes84
Tracker
Tracker

#82 Post by pipes84 »

Craw [Fighter - AC 17 - HP 13]

Craw carefully whispers back to Adrik "Let's surprise whatever is on the other side". Unless the dwarf rushes to stop him for some reason, Craw will gesture for the others to get ready and will kick the door open.

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#83 Post by MrHemlocks »

Seeing Craw preparing himself to attack the door, Adrik gives a nod of agreement."Kick it down!"

Eulalios

#84 Post by Eulalios »

Abhkari continues to watch the doors.

pipes84
Tracker
Tracker

#85 Post by pipes84 »

Craw throws a solid kick to the door, letting it feel his weight.

Strength check: [1d20+3] = 14+3 = 17

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#86 Post by tumblingdice »

Erevan the Eager, Elf

"Let us be done with it," he whispers. "Whoever cowers behind this door is no match for my magic. Open it!"

Sleep spell prepared.
These are ghouls. They hang out in graveyards, they have long tongues, and they eat people.
"Oh, well, that could be helpful!"
--my five-year old daughter

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#87 Post by ybn1197 »

The door around the knob splinters as Craw kicks the door open. The door swings wildly on its hinges into the room revealing a bedroom. Based on the size of the clothes scattered about, this is the children's room. Wide-eyed and startled, there are 3 goblins trying to hide ineffectually behind the nearest bed.

You have surprise.

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#88 Post by MrHemlocks »

Adik, rushes to the bed where the goblins are trying to hide. "I see you my pretties!"He grabs the bed and tosses it over onto the three goblins. Than with shield at the ready he swings away with his hammer at the cowering green skins.
Athletics to toss bed on goblins [1d20+4] = 2+4 = 6

attack [1d20+4] = 11+4 = 15 incudes prof bonus and strength bonus
damage hammer [1d8+2] = 4+2 = 6

pipes84
Tracker
Tracker

#89 Post by pipes84 »

With a muttered growl, Craw rushes at the nearest goblin, trying to chop it with his sword.

To hit with sword: [1d20+5] = 3+5 = 8, damage: [1d8+3] = 7+3 = 10

Eulalios

#90 Post by Eulalios »

Abhkari hears the sounds of battle upstairs. He keeps watching the doors, while listening for any footsteps coming down the stairs.

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#91 Post by PyroArrow »

Vicentio Senereno [Wizard - AC 10 - HP 5]:

Vicentio will just hang back blocking the door except for any other adventurer, for now, but have his dagger at the ready, & does not wish to expend his sleep spell.
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#92 Post by tumblingdice »

Erevan the Eager - Elf

Erevan blows a pinch of sand between his fingers then chants a sleep spell, aimed at the goblins, naturally.

Not sure if a sleep spell requires an attack roll or not, but if it did, my understanding is that it's d20 +3 (spellcasting ability modifier) + 2 (proficiency bonus).
[1d20+5] = 7+5 = 12 = errr... Should that succeed somehow, then he knocks out [5d8] = 21 hp of would-be sleepers. :D
These are ghouls. They hang out in graveyards, they have long tongues, and they eat people.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#93 Post by ybn1197 »

This spell sends creatures into a magical slumber. Roll 5d8; the total is how many hit points of creatures this spell can affect. Creatures within 20 feet of a point you choose within range are affected in ascending order of their current hit points (ignoring unconscious creatures).
Starting with the creature that has the lowest current hit points, each creature affected by this spell falls unconscious until the spell ends, the sleeper takes damage, or someone uses an action to shake or slap the sleeper awake. Subtract each creature’s hit points from the total before moving on to the creature with the next lowest hit points. A creature’s hit points must be equal to or less than the remaining total for that creature to be affected.
Undead and creatures immune to being charmed aren’t affected by this spell.

Adik and Craw are both in range of the spell along with the three goblins. You can assume the goblins will have lower hit points and will be affected before the two or not. Your call.

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#94 Post by tumblingdice »

Erevan changes his mind, and instead fires a magic missile at each of the goblins.

1: [1d4+1] = 3+1 = 4 hp dmg
2. [1d4+1] = 4+1 = 5 hp dmg
3. [1d4+1] = 3+1 = 4 hp dmg

Spell deducted.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#95 Post by ybn1197 »

Round 0 - Surprise
Adik, rushes to the bed where the goblins are trying to hide. "I see you my pretties!" He grabs the bed to toss it over onto the three goblins, but merely moves it to the side as the stuffing is much less firm than he thought. Than with shield at the ready he swings away with his hammer at one of the cowering green skins, the hammer connecting to the mid section with a satisfying crunch of broken ribs. The goblin clutches his side and lets out a pained hiss. With a muttered growl, Craw rushes at the nearest goblin, trying to chop it with his sword but Adik movement of the bed forces Craw to stop shorter than needed and his blade slices by harmlessly. Erevan mutters a few mystic words and magical missiles jump from his finder tips and speed off to hit each of the goblins. The goblin Adik hit drops to the ground, unmoving. The other two goblins are bruised and battered but slowly approach with arms drawn.

Round 1
Everyone roll initiative (1d20 + DEX mod). In the case of ties, order goes to the higher DEX. If it is still a tie, a straight d20 roll determines the order amongst those who tied.
Goblins: [1d20] = 9

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#96 Post by MrHemlocks »

The movement of the bed set Adrik off balance a bit allowing the other two combatants a chance to attack.
Adrik int roll [1d20-1] = 5-1 = 4

pipes84
Tracker
Tracker

#97 Post by pipes84 »

Reacting as quickly as he can, Craw tries to impale the closest goblin on his blade
Initiative: [1d20-1] = 15-1 = 14

To hit with sword: [1d20+5] = 5+5 = 10, damage: [1d8+3] = 1+3 = 4
...and probably impales just a pillow

I rolled once for init and attack. let me know for the future if it's good for you or if you prefer only initiative at first

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#98 Post by ybn1197 »

pipes84 wrote:I rolled once for init and attack. let me know for the future if it's good for you or if you prefer only initiative at first
I don't mind when your initiative beats your opponent's. I will always post your opponents's initiative when I call for rolls. If you roll lower, post just your initiative. If you roll higher, go ahead and post both initiative and action.

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#99 Post by PyroArrow »

Vicentio Senereno [Wizard - AC 10 - HP 5]:

Will move to slice the nearest of the 2 remaining Goblins to him with his dagger:

Initiative Roll [no Dex Mod]: [1d20] = 19

To Hit Roll: [1d20] = 19; Dagger Damage Roll: [1d4] = 3 S/M [1d3] = 2 Large
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#100 Post by ybn1197 »

Round 1
19. Vicentio moves into the room and slices the closest goblin with his dagger. Though not especially deep, the blade does clip a major artery in its arm and the goblin goes down, clutching at his arm while his life slips away.
14. Craw attempts to impale the remaining goblin on his sword but succeeds in only catching the pillow the gobbo was using as a shield.
9. The goblin hops up on the bed, swinging its scimitar at Craw, Goblin scimitar attack: [1d20+4] = 10+4 = 14 damage: [1d6+2] = 3+2 = 5 just missing. It then hops off the side of the bed nearest you and runs for the door. No attacks of opportunity as it retreats as it is using its Disengage ability.
4. Adrik attempts to lunge at the goblin however it is more fleet of foot than anticipated and his swing misses the goblin completely.
End of Round 1

Waiting for Erevan's actions.

Return to “Veranar (DnD 5e)”