5. A Surprise Party?

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: 5. A Surprise Party?

#301 Post by Cwreando »

Robert says, "The sun will be up soon let's get everyone out of here using the grappling hook and ropes and get going. There is more here than we can handle for the moment but we shall return and vengeance shall be our. The lives lost shall not be in vain. We can carry Tibbius and use ropes to get his down safely."

Roberts starts getting everyone together near the window so they can get going. This was harder than he thought it would be considering his companions capabilities.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#302 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Fendt walks back into see what the others are doing, sees Tumbler playing with fire and hears Robert's speech then notices Tib is still laying on the ground "Has anyone tried to heal Tib or are we to left him die where he is?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#303 Post by Cwreando »

Hearing Fendt, Robert says, "I do not have any healing magics left. I would have done so if I had. If the others have the power I urge them to help him."

Perhaps they are still struck from the shock of their recent fight thinks Robert.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active

GreyWolfVT

#304 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Fendt looks to Iluq "My cousin dark elf are you not of holly nature? Do you have a healing spell left in you this day?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#305 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Iluq opens his eyes wide, staring at Fendt, "I am sorry! It seems I had forgotten myself for the moment." He will walk over to the unconscious body of Tibbius and will lay his hands on him, chanting some prayer under his breath as healing energies flow into Tibbius.

Iluq, cure light wounds: [1d8] = 7
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#306 Post by Stirling »

Agrippo is reluctant to leave the castle. "we came here to lift the curse of Strahd and rescue Ireena from his clutches.I feel we have failed on both counts and now we have lost our strong arm in bro' Vorkath. I doubt scaling the walls to leave will avail much and the carriage that brought us here will not taxi us back. It is a long walk to town and I don't want to be gnawed in the woods by Strahds flea ridden dire beasts. I fear that going back rather than pressing on will be the death of all of us. Madam Eva's insight clued us up in one direction, lets strategise the next move before daybreak. Strahd may be sleeping now so we have daylight to manouvere more safely. I will however guard you all with my life whichever way fate and our hearts direct our footsteps." Agrippo will take up a guard position in the room and let the wiser heads debate where to go next.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#307 Post by Zhym »

Date: Nouluna 5, 1221
Time: 5:22 AM
Weather: Rain
Moon: Full
Iluq finally remembers—with prompting from Fendt—that he has healing powers. The cleric lays his hands on Tibbius and says words to his god. Tibbius awakens. The elf is still seriously injured, but he can move under his own power and speak.

Agrippo continues to argue against leaving the castle. "I fear that going back rather than pressing on will be the death of all of us," he says. He suggests that you might be able to move more safely about the castle during the day. But he pledges to guard the group whatever happens.

Gertruda and the villagers huddle together in the corner of the study, waiting for dawn or for the party to decide what to do next, whichever comes first.

Tumbler stares into the fireplace as he considers how best to bring a little more life to the fire and set the bed alight.

Status: Agrippo: 33/52, Tibbius: 2/10, Iluq: 13/34, Tumbler: 24/39, Robert: 16/27; Fendt: 15/15
Effects: None

GreyWolfVT

#308 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Fendt looks to Agrippo "I think you forget there are those of this group that need the time to rest undisturbed in order to be able to best help the party. There are only a small number of this group that does not require rest or study or prayer. Even us fighting types will tire and weaken eventually falling. Agrippo while I understand and respect you I have to urge that we have to leave or somehow prevent anything from getting to us so that we can have a fully functioning group otherwise we have our doom sealed and signed right here right now not matter what course we take."

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#309 Post by Cwreando »

Robert says, "Agreed Fendt. While we have dealt a blow to Strahd's army of evil they have done as much to us. I would prefer to stay but only if the villagers weren't here and we had a way to rest undisturbed. It has been too much. We must save the villagers and regroup. When we come back we should find a way to secure a resting place safe from interruption and if possible fight here during the day and rest during the night when possible. Dawn is approaching soon. Let us prepare to leave and great the warmth of the sun with our fallen comrades. Agrippo would you go down the rope first to secure the outside so other can join you and make sure it's safe? We need one more to follow Agrippo then we get the villagers down then we lower Vorkath's body with the cat and the rest of us can follow. We should take Vorkath's gear and stuff back to town and make use of it. His god will not need it, but we can make an offering to his god on his behalf."
Last edited by Cwreando on Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#310 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Tibbius the Lame

Finally coming to and realizing what's going on around him, Tib speaks up. Thank you Iluq, but I feel that your blessings have come too late for me this time. I am battered and beaten. With Randolph now gone, I'm afraid that I am so weakened, I just couldn't survive the trip back to town.

No! I will remain here and rest! We all saw what shape the village was in. There is NO help for us there. Spending the days it will take to get there and back will only favor our enemy.

We have found other help in this gods forsaken place before
he looks over at Fendt who's to say there aren't other capable allies behind these walls that we have yet to rescue?

My mind is still good even though my body isn't, and I choose to stay. I will get the rest I need to regain my arcane powers and set off alone after Strahd if I have to.

As for my cat, throw his body into the fireplace for all I care. His spirit is free now, the carcus is just an empty shell.

GreyWolfVT

#311 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Fendt having finally said all that he thought needed to say finally looses his cool. "You know what if the two of you want to storm off to your dooms then so be it. But I am done in this infernal place. Those who wish to leave with me can feel free to do so. Anyone wanting to stay here and take their chances with the wraiths, zombies, vampires, banshees and whatever undead hell remains in this fortess of evil then go ahead. I'll mourn your death once I've heard of it. But I cannot continue to argue." Fendt leaves the items on the bed gives a salute to everyone even if they did not wish to accept him into their party at first. Then turns and heads off to the ropes and begins his climb down.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#312 Post by Cwreando »

Robert calls after Fendt, "Ill lower down the body and help the villagers get down then I'll come down after that and we can get going to the village."

GreyWolfVT

#313 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Fendt nods to Robert "As you wish Robert."

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#314 Post by Computer +1 »

Tumbler is unusually quiet. He takes out of his backpack the rolls of parchment he had carefully packed within. The drawings on those pages were his pet project, designed for new locks and locking mechanisms. He usually referred to them as his long term retirement plans for when he decided to settle down.
Wordlessly he begins to put them into the fire to try to bring some life and flame to the embers.

From this pack he also takes out his magic jug and a tankard. He uses the jug's magic to produce a strong smelling alcohol into the tankard. Once filled he pours the alcohol on the body of Vorkath and the cat. He then takes the last piece of parchment and rolls it tight. He lights the end of it in the fire and uses it like a torch to set Vorkath ablaze.

HE then turns to the group. There ain't no leavin' this place. Vorkath died here fighting, I ain't leaving and forgettin' him. There ain't no where to go to anyway, Strahd controls everything here. Plus hes got the girl and I aint lettin' him kill here too while I'm alive.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#315 Post by Cwreando »

Robert watches the seen unfold and considers the recent events. "Perhaps the balance of evil has shifted somewhat in this castle even with the loss of our friend and the feline. It is a gamble to stay here and it is probably just more trouble to go into the village. If we stay here we must rest or we will shortly join Vorkath. Fendt will you reconsider and remain to help? Looking at everything as a whole we may be worse off leaving this place. Let's end this for Vorkath", says Robert as he watches the body go up in flames. Robert looks down and reflect on how he know the paladin and reflects on his sacrifices.

GreyWolfVT

#316 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Fendt stops what he is doing and climbs back up to the balcony "Well should we leave these ropes for later or take em down so as nothing else can climb here using them?"

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#317 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Illuq offers one last prayer for Vorkath's speedy travel towards his god and heaven. He then lays a prayer on himself for some small bodily relief.

Iluq, cure light wounds: [1d8] = 2

Afterwards he regards the whole group, "Lets rest for the small moment that we have. We have a vampire to kill."
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#318 Post by Zhym »

Date: Nouluna 5, 1221
Time: 5:30 AM
Weather: Rain
Moon: Full

Tibbius, awake but weak, says his piece. "With Randolph now gone," he says, "I'm afraid that I am so weakened, I just couldn't survive the trip back to town. We all saw what shape the village was in. There is NO help for us there."

Fendt finally loses his cool. "I am done in this infernal place," he proclaims. "Those who wish to leave with me can feel free to do so." Leaving Vorkath's items next to him on the canopied bed, Fendt salutes and heads off to the ropes to climb down from the castle.

Robert follows Fendt. As Fendt starts down the rope, Robert reconsiders recent events. "Perhaps the balance of evil has shifted somewhat," he says, "even with the loss of our friend and the feline. It is a gamble to stay here and it is probably just more trouble to go into the village. Looking at everything as a whole we may be worse off leaving this place. Will you reconsider and remain to help?" he asks Fendt.

Fendt reluctantly agrees. He climbs back up the rope. "Should we leave these ropes for later or take em down so nothing else can climb here using them?" he asks.

-----

Meanwhile, Tumbler quietly sets about the task of immolating the paladin. He takes rolls of parchment out of his backpack. He often called them his "long term retirement plans," a pet project with designs for new locks and locking mechanisms. With a grim expression, he lays all but one sheet into the mostly dead embers.

A few sheets catch fire, burning quickly. Tumbler realizes he'll need more than parchment to bring anything other than a brief moment's life to the embers. By the time he could douse Vorkath's body, bed, and equipment in alcohol from his magic jug, the parchment will have been consumed.

-----
Gertruda sits in the corner with a dazed expression on her face. Silent Tom sits with her, trying to comfort her while they wait for dawn. Barnabus and Bob watch Tumbler with interest.

Iluq sells a small prayer for himself to mend some small wounds. He tells the group, "Let's rest for the small moment that we have. We have a vampire to kill."

Once again reunited in purpose—mostly—and resolved to stay in the castle, the party faces a familiar decision: where in the castle will it try to get its much-needed rest? Might the study, heretofore a seeming crossroads of wanderers both living and unliving, finally serve as a refuge during the daytime? Or would somewhere else in the castle be a better choice?

Status: Agrippo: 33/52, Tibbius: 2/10, Iluq: 15/34, Tumbler: 24/39, Robert: 16/27; Fendt: 15/15
Effects: None

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#319 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Tibbius the Pale (green)

Perhaps we could rest in Gertrudas room? With the help of these brave townspeople, we could all get the rest we need while they keep watch over us. After we are refreshed, they can decide if they want to try to head back home on their own or if they want to stay here until we return and guide them back to the village.

Tib looks over to Barnabus and Bob Do you brave men think you could resist the fear of this place for a little while in order to help us out? It would certainly be a heroic act on your part. It might not be so bad here during the daylight hours.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#320 Post by Cwreando »

Robert say, "Alright, perhaps we can barricade this rooms entry points. Once done we can rest to regain spells but I need a long time prepare spells once I have slept. He walks over to the girl and reassures here using his charm spell that should be active for a while to ease her mind. We will keep you safe. Get some rest while the others watch over is." Robert gets cozy and tries to get some rest then prepares his spell.

Return to “Ravenloft”