Undead I

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Undead I

#261 Post by MonkeyWrench »

If any undead are left...

Harold rushes towards the last of the undead, as everyone battles and introduces themselves, Swinging at one of the undead while boldly and loudly declaring, "AND I AM HAROLD STENSON!!! RAAGHH!!!"

Heavy War Hammer: [1d20+1] = 16+1 = 17, Damage: S/M[1d6+4] = 1+4 = 5, L[1d6+3] = 2+3 = 5
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#262 Post by Storm11 »

Cat gasps and thanks his rescuer again.

He brings his sword and dagger forward and rushes towards the nearest undead.

PbP Forum code: [1d20] = 3 : [1d6+1] = 1+1 = 2 : [1d20-1] = 14-1 = 13 : [1d4+1] = 3+1 = 4
Greys Campaign.

bloodymage
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#263 Post by bloodymage »

One succumbed, one wounded; two left.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#264 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Horris takes another swing with his mace at the next closest undead injured or not. Footman's Mace Hit[1d20 +2] = 14+2 = 16 S/M Dmg[1d6+5] = 6+5 = 11 Lrg Dmg [1d6 +4] = 4+4 = 8
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#265 Post by Dram »

Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

bloodymage
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#266 Post by bloodymage »

And the undead are finally dead! You find 18cp, 12 sp, 4gp and 2 gems (100gp and 250gp) on the corpses. You attempt to try to track the their source but they seem to have arisen out of thin air! You search around and you find a faint track to the southeast. Following that human track you arrive at a cave.

This is the climax folks! I won't spring it you until you are prepared. If you shine a torch within you'll find that it's actually a cavern. :twisted:

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#267 Post by Dram »

Raspar- Who wants to take point this time? We are close to our prey.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#268 Post by Storm11 »

Not Cat. He has only four hps left
Greys Campaign.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#269 Post by GreyWolfVT »

what nobody is a cleric?
Horris goes back to where he put his pike down and heads up to the front of the party "Guess I'll do it then." the dwarf sets his pike down takes a torch out and his flint and steel and sets to lighting the torch. Once lit he will put the flint and steel back, take up his pike in one hand and the torch in the other. "Alright then here goes nothing." the dwarf walks up to the cave and holds the torch inside the cave mouth.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Synthalus
Ranger
Ranger

#270 Post by Synthalus »

SYNTHALUS

Synthalus will clean his short sword and return it to its sheath. He will then hand one of his two potions of extra healing to the Halfling thief known as Cat. After which he will sneak quietly up to the cave entrance and unsheathe his favorite dagger (A +1 Dagger of Venom named lucky) and attempt to hide in shadows as he enters the cave, being careful to skirt the dwarfs torch lit as best he can to remain hidden and ready to strike.

" Lucky is ready to sink deeply into this necromancers back. Let us go forth and find this retched magic-user and end his foul existence before he can raise any more undead abominations. I will remain hidden as best I can until the moment is just right to strike out from the shadows like a viper. Friend dwarf call me Synthalus from now on and I await your cue to strike.
"that is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons death may die"

-H.P. Lovecraft

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#271 Post by Storm11 »

Cat will thank the master thief and swig a third of it.

PbP Forum code: [1d8] = 6

And once that has healed him some he will take a second swig/third.

PbP Forum code: [1d8] = 5

His Hps are now 15/16 I believe

He will stopper the potion and slip it back into his pouch to give back to Syn later.
Greys Campaign.

bloodymage
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#272 Post by bloodymage »

You hear water falling before you even get to the cave mouth. You enter cautiously and the cave opens up into a cavern. There is a waterfall coming out of an opening in the wall on the right, pooling below in a deep basin and evidently draining at the bottom. There are four openings, left, right and directly across. To your chagrin, there is a coffin resting in the center of the cavern.

Map coming.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#273 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Harold Stenson

Harold speaks to the group, as quiet as anyone has heard him speak this entire time; which is a bit shocking. "My friends, It seems we have found a resting place and three directions. I shall volunteer my safety to go check out this wicked thing, cover my shapely backside if you would." He then cautiously moves towards the coffin.

If he gets to it without anything jumping out at him he will inspect it for a moment, if the coffin is closed he will then wave the rest of the group to him, not wanting to mess with something that could very well be trapped.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

bloodymage
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#274 Post by bloodymage »

Ignore the type on the pdf...
CCF11292014.pdf
(531.3 KiB) Downloaded 27 times

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#275 Post by Storm11 »

Cat will check each corridor for traps and then if nothing bad has happened to Harold check the area around the coffin and the coffin itself for traps also.

He will then try and hear noise down each of the corridors of the others will be quiet.
Greys Campaign.

Synthalus
Ranger
Ranger

#276 Post by Synthalus »

SYNTHALUS

Synthalus while still sneaking quietly around the cavern will assist the fledgling hafling thief as he checks for traps and attempts to hear noise for possible enemies laying in wait.
"that is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons death may die"

-H.P. Lovecraft

bloodymage
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#277 Post by bloodymage »

The coffin is very ornate. You detect no traps including the coffin except in the corridor across from the entrance which is a deadfall from the ceiling tripped by nearly invisible wires set at ankle, waist and neck height. The noise in the main cavern is drowned out by the waterfall but you can hear snoring from beyond.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#278 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Harold Stenson

Harold will head towards the snoring after silently signalling to the others, being as cautious as he can be and going slow enough that he hopefully doesn't make too much noise.

bloodymage
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#279 Post by bloodymage »

Before you can get to the corridor The coffin lid starts to open in the darkened cave and a wisp of green gas is emitted as lid slams shut. The gas coalesces in front of you Harold, a pallid human-looking figure. As he smiles you can see fangs!

Roll surprise. Those not surprised can roll initiative.

The creature's init is [1d6] = 4

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#280 Post by spanningtree »

OCC: I tried this twice on the dice thrower and received the same result both times, am I entering it wrong?

Surprise [1d6] = 0
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

Return to “The Entrenched Necromancer”