Action Thread 20

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Action Thread 20

#1 Post by rredmond »

Day 22 – Pre-Dawn Sortie

Till leaves the party below as he heads up. He takes twice as long as normal, slipping once as he climbs. But he gets to the top before dawn breaks.

He can see nothing going on below in the goblin lair, and no one is currently on the elevated walkway.

HPs: Jeloon - 29/29; Till - 36/36; Yosef - 13/13; Bruard - 19/19
WIH: Till: short sword (15' radius light); Jeloon: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Yosef: bow and arrow; Bruard: Mace, shield; Van: +1 ogre spear, shield; Eyman: +1 Battle Axe, shield
MO: 1- Jeloon; 2- Till; 3- Bruard & Eyman; 4- Ancor, Rosin, DAMs; 5 - Yosef, Van
Consumables: Lantern - (Bruard) continual light 60' radius; Torch, 50 minutes (Yosef), 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (off), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Yosef: 1-2/2, 2-1/1; Bruard: 1-5/5, 2-4/4

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Action Thread 20

#2 Post by Alethan »

Till quickly looks for a place to secure his rope - a merlon, a stone bench, something.

Once the rope is secured, he drops the other end down and then readies his sling for any kind of trouble, focusing his attention more on the tower than the other wall.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by rredmond »

yup merlons there are! I didn't know what they were called before today, but there are merlons to tie a rope around.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#4 Post by Alethan »

Till ties his rope around the merlon nearest the wall and drops the rope down before taking a guarding position in the shadows of the night...

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Argennian »

Yosef carefully and quietly returns his readied arrow to its quiver and slings his bow when he sees Till drop the rope down. He moves over and waits for the halfling's all-clear signal before climbing up to join him on the walkway...

Once up top, the elf fighter/mage maintains a low profile and reequips his bow and arrow to provide cover. He'll keep his focus towards the compound and wordlessly gives Till the signal that he can concentrate on the tower.

OOC: Ron, what is Till's position in relation to the tower and outer city wall?

Wondering where he climbed up & dropped the rope down in relation to where the others were waiting below.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#6 Post by Alethan »

Alethan wrote:Till ties his rope around the merlon nearest the wall and drops the rope down before taking a guarding position in the shadows of the night...
This should explain Till's position.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by rredmond »

My apologies for the bad graphics, and it not being to scale, but here's a side view (as best as I can do it) :)
Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (7.52 KiB) Viewed 1315 times

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#8 Post by dmw71 »

Jeloon will effort her way up the wall after Yosef, readying her bow once she reaches the top. Capturing Yosef's attention, she motions that she will watch their rear, lair-side position and indicates he should keep his focus towards the tower.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#9 Post by ToniXX »

Bruard will first flip down the visor of his helm, enabling infravision. He will then climb the rope, after Jeloon. Once at the top, he will quickly scan the area with visor still down, looking for anything the helm's magic may reveal.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Argennian »

dmw71 wrote:Jeloon will effort her way up the wall after Yosef, readying her bow once she reaches the top. Capturing Yosef's attention, she motions that she will watch their rear, lair-side position and indicates he should keep his focus towards the tower.
Yosef nods silently and spins around to cover the tower as Bruard climbs up.
Alethan wrote:
Alethan wrote:Till ties his rope around the merlon nearest the outer city wall and drops the rope down before taking a guarding position in the shadows of the night...
OOC: fixed it for you :ugeek:
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#11 Post by Alethan »

Argennian wrote:
Alethan wrote:
Alethan wrote:Till ties his rope around the merlon nearest the wall and drops the rope down before taking a guarding position in the shadows of the night...
OOC: fixed it for you :ugeek:
To be sure, my original post answered your question of...
Argennian wrote: OOC: Ron, what is Till's position in relation to the tower and outer city wall?
Was he near the tower or the wall? The answer is the wall.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Argennian »

Alethan wrote: ... To be sure, my original post answered your question of...
Argennian wrote: OOC: Ron, what is Till's position in relation to the tower and outer city wall?
Was he near the tower or the wall? The answer is the wall.
OOC: no, I get it now. At the time I wasn't sure where & what wall: the outer city wall or the wall of the elevated walkway itself.

Ron's diagram cleared my fog. Sorry for the confusion, guys!
:oops:

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by rredmond »

Day 22 – Pre-Dawn Sortie

Our heroes climb to the top of the walkway. This puts you a little less than 150' from the 60' tall tower. And since the walkway is 20' off the ground, There is 40' of tower above the arch where the walkway enters the tower. Leaving your henchman behind, and creeping along the walkway for about 30' Bruard's helm kicks in. He can see that there are definitely goblins in the upper deck of the tower. They seem to be looking more outward as guards, not so much behind, where the walkway is, but you all remember that goblins have infravision as well. The four of you are about 120' from the tower on the elevated walkway.

WIH: Till: short sword (15' radius light); Jeloon: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Yosef: bow and arrow; Bruard: Mace, shield; Van: +1 ogre spear, shield; Eyman: +1 Battle Axe, shield
MO: 1- Jeloon; 2- Till; 3- Bruard & Eyman; 4- Ancor, Rosin, DAMs; 5 - Yosef, Van
Consumables: Lantern - (Bruard) continual light 60' radius; Torch, 50 minutes (Yosef), 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (off), 40' radius.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#14 Post by Alethan »

Till turns to the others and gives the universal symbol for "quiet", then turns back and continues towards the tower. Hopefully they can get to the base of the tower without being spotted and can get into the tower quickly.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#15 Post by dmw71 »

Jeloon will follow the halfling and Yosef, whom she scampered up the wall behind, towards the tower as quietly as she can.
-- Project --
-- DM --

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#16 Post by ToniXX »

Bruard will hold the rearguard, keeping his helm active and checking behind the party from time to time as they progress along the walkway.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by Argennian »

Yosef nods his wordless understanding back to Till and continues to creep forward toward the tower as quietly as he can. He keeps his bow and readied arrow to hand in case one of the goblin guards spots them or suddenly emerges from the tower ahead of them.

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by rredmond »

Day 22 – Pre-Dawn Sortie

The party moves as quietly as it can to the tower. Apparently quietly enough as you are able to get right to the opening (the arch). As you get closer you can see that there are four goblins on the roof, mostly talking to pass the time, but irregularly one gets up to walk the perimeter of the roof. As his focus is outward, you seem to be undetected on the walkway.

There are open double doors here. They are swung wide open, though appear to be functioning doors. This looks to be the second floor landing. To the right and left there seem to be openings to other rooms, but directly ahead of you is a ramp slanting downward. This wide stone ramp descends to the first level of the tower you'd guess. The ramp is pretty steep, and if your intel holds correct, there are four goblins awaiting you down there.

Going to put a map up in a few minutes, then I'll put a link here so that you guys can let me know what you'd like to do.

EDIT: Link - viewtopic.php?f=20&t=351&p=111856#p111856

MO: 1- Till; 2- Yosef; 3- Jeloon; 4- Bruard BEHIND: Eyman and Van; Ancor, Rosin, DAMs

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#19 Post by dmw71 »

Jeloon will switch from her bow to her sword as she quickly breaks rank and moves to her left. She positions herself between the downward sloping ramp and the opening to the ladder-side (left). Wanting to make sure their rears will be covered if they descend the ramp, with her back against the wall, she will peek into the opening to make sure that area is clear.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#20 Post by Alethan »

OOC: presumably, to get to the roof we have to go up, correct? So there are four up and four down?

Return to “Legacy of the Unknown - Pacesetter Games Playtest (OSRIC module)”