Chpt. 5 - Race for the Runestaff

Marcel
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Chpt. 5 - Race for the Runestaff

#261 Post by Marcel »

"I remember you said you were seeking revenge Ianin," says Poltux-in-Shen to Ianin. "The Runestaff is said to be an artifact that could tilt the Balance in Law's favor in the ongoing war."
Grognardsw wrote:Prologue

"Know, oh reader, that between the years when the oceans drank Greyhawk and her gleaming cities, and the years of the rise of the Sons of Chaos, there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars. In those days war raged far and wide as the forces of Chaos sought to overturn the Cosmic Balance. Those under the banner of Law fight valiantly, though as our saga opens these brave souls face many challenges.

ImageChaos marches across the realms.

The heroes' lands have been overcome. They retreated across sea and mountain to realms still under the sway of Law...

Ianin the Conjurer - Raids by the Chaos Hordes of Arioch upon Ianin's home city of Lankhmar have brought tragedy. His father and a brother died in the fighting, as did his arcane mentor. As the elderly wizard lay dying Ianin swore revenge. He has been traveling West and met Whispering Flint, another arcane adventurer...

Poltux the Swordsman - The half-orc mercenary is in the employ of Count Brass. He has overcome the prejudice of humans, who thought he was tainted with Chaos, by his impressive (if not sometimes savage) display of fighting prowess...

...The adventurers have all come together under the banner of Count Brass, Lord Protector of the Kamarg, a peaceful region of Law that is now girding for war. You have been brought together on a quest to recover an artifact called the Runestaff from the ruined Palace of the Silver Princess...

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#262 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Ianin-in-Raquinel, "Ah!.. yes... I don't know how I could have forgotten that... Perhaps this castle has affected me more than I let on.. Hmm.."
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

doughx99
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#263 Post by doughx99 »

IdwillenI feel as though we are very close to the staff and must press on to find it. I will go with the groups decision.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#264 Post by Grognardsw »

The Fellowship of Law moves together back through the weapons training room, then the south corridor. As they near the area of the previous battle with the hermaphrodite giants, they suddenly feel a tingling in their heads. And lo, the adventurers' minds are returned to their proper bodies!

Perhaps being outside the room a certain amount of time reversed the curious effects, surmise some. Another of Lady Myshella's novel entertainments here in her Palace.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#265 Post by MonkeyWrench »

With Ianin now once again inside his proper body he walks over to Raquinel, "My staff please, and don't worry about any lingering effects, I don't think I did anything too drastic while I was in there, Haha." After receiving his weapon he will check his person for his knives and his bag to make sure everything is secure before regarding the group, "Well then, with our bodies now belonging to their rightful owners, shall we continue our escapades into this frightfully intriguing castle?"
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#266 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Bjorn looks to Ianin feels for his beard and smiles "Wan me to show ya how to properly use that there ring you have Ianin." and he chuckles happy to be normal again.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Marcel
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#267 Post by Marcel »

Grognardsw wrote:Shen-in-Bjorn investigates the pouch of polished stones and jug. He is delighted to find the latter full of pink liquid that looks just like the powerful healing drink found in the Hall of Pools!
Poltux flexes his half-orc muscles again and smiles. Remembering the jug Shen recovered, he asks the monk for a swig of the pink stuff.

"I guess we head back north then?"

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#268 Post by Zhym »

Andover sighs in relief and retrieves Spellslasher from Poltux.

"Back to the trail!" he says, heading back north.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#269 Post by AleBelly »

Raquinel-in-Raquinel is relieved to inhabit her own body again, and strides over to Flint and deftly removes her wand from his belt.

She also becomes aware of her poor state of health.

"It's wonderful to be back in our bodies again, and it appears Ianin left me not too violated. I am in quite a weakened state, both in health and spells. Do any of our men/women of gods have healing to spare?"

GreyWolfVT

#270 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Bjorn chuckles at Raquinel "Violated well I feel a bit violated Shen what did yah do to me?" he chuckles again. "Aye back to the trail Andy!" spinning the mace in his hands Bjorn is clearly happy to be in his true body.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#271 Post by greyarea »

Shen

Shen winks at Bjorn with a smile.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#272 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Ianin simply chuckles at everyone's reactions to being in their bodies. He thinks for a moment before whistling. As the group look to see what it is he is up to they find his black cat familiar appear from down the hall, he kneels down and scoops the feline up, "It is good to see you are in your own body again too!" He laughs and walks back to the group, cat now purring in his arms.

GreyWolfVT

#273 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I wonder who was in the cat's mind and who was controlled by a cat? Alight DM who was licking themselves?

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#274 Post by MonkeyWrench »

That is a mystery you all will have to find out! ;)

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#275 Post by Grognardsw »

MonkeyWrench wrote:That is a mystery you all will have to find out! ;)
It was the Creature of Chaos of course :lol: That cat's gotten pretty ornery being an ignored familiar and decided to take it out on the group.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#276 Post by Grognardsw »

In their bodies proper, the Fellowship of Law moves north up the hallway. It is 10' wide, 12' high, ornately built of marbled flag stones and tiled walls which have seen better times. Every 15' are hanging chandeliers, missing their candles. They pass by the left door to the throne room, then further up past the right door to the weapons practice hall, and finally to the end of the hallway 80' hence. There an impressive set of double doors stand 16' wide, carved with scenes of dancers on ground and sky. The corridor branches left and right in front of the door.

Andover the ranger notes blood stains down the left branch; someone or something came from that direction, bleeding!

Map

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#277 Post by AleBelly »

Pallor overruns Raquinel's face as she thinks of Durandal's final moments. "This could be dangerous. Shen, if there's enough, can you pass the healing jug around so we're better prepared for what lies ahead?".

GreyWolfVT

#278 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Bjorn "We best all heal up as best we can. I think we should follow the blood trail though, it is likely the trail back to where hopefully he hid the runestaff."

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#279 Post by Grognardsw »

Shen the monk shares the jug with those still most wounded: Raquinel (3/10 HP), Andover (25/35), Honnilee (6/19), and Flint (3/9).

The pink stuff heals the adventurers to their full health.

The party looks to follow the blood.

Marcel
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#280 Post by Marcel »

Poltux watches the others drink from the jug. "Good. We must be close."Javelin at the ready he follows the blood.

Return to “War is Hell - Palace of the Silver Princess”