Face of Cowardice, Mark of Courage (Villian arc)

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Face of Cowardice, Mark of Courage (Villian arc)

#161 Post by atpollard »

Cowboy
Rukellian wrote:Leaving the chat room with smile on his face, the Cowboy leaves feeling confident in his handiwork thus far. He has amassed his army and is arming them with the necessary weapons through reliable channels. This sort of work will take care of itself, but the next part in his plan, this will take a more 'hands on' approach. Using a disposable cell phone, he calls the local ASF station. A friendly female voice picks up on the other end and goes through the standard introductory phrase and questions. Further conversation reveals that she is the dispatcher for the station. The dispatcher would have access to police records for that station. The Police Commissioner or Police Chief of Atlas City is well-known and can easily be looked up. The Police Chief runs all of the ASF stations throughout the vast island city, but each precinct has its own Commissioner which answers to the chief. The Cowboy is currently phoning the Industrial Sector ASF Station and its commanding commissioner is currently Mace McKay.
”I really hope that you can help me.” Cowboy whispers softly into the phone as the multiple Liquid Crystal processors imbedded in his skull all power up, then comes the burn as micro-circuits stimulate genetically engineered glands to secrete mind-altering neurotransmitters and psycho-pharmaceuticals. The world slows to a crawl as his mind races ... his intellect, awareness and willpower, already at human maximums, receive a cybernetic push beyond human limitations. For an instant, Cowboy is nowhere and everywhere ... his conscious mind spread throughout the entire communications network, everywhere at once.

Four minutes, that’s how long he can survive in that state unharmed. At five minutes he is dead. Every ‘buttonhead’, ‘weefle’, ‘hotdogger’, ‘cowboy’ or ‘faust’ knows the numbers ... you have got to connect, don’t get lost in the rush ... and for a ‘crystaljockey’ like Cowboy, this isn’t his first rodeo.
BUTTONHEAD - A person addicted to stimulating the pleasure centers through interface sockets.
WEEFLE - (derogatory) An inexperienced netrunner.
HOTDOGGER - (derogatory) Inexperienced netrunners.
COWBOY - A Netrunner.
CRYSTALJOCKEY, CRYSTALJOCK - A computer user, a netrunner.
CRYSTAL - 1. A liquid crystal computer matrix. 2. Anything, such as an artificial intelligence, cybertech, or even software, using or operated by an LC matrix.
FAUST - A netrunner who deals in, or with, A.I.'s.
SIERRA HOTEL - Shit Hot. A real pro.
Cowboy focuses and can feel the mind of the dispatcher. He attempts to push through the wall ...
Mind Control (dispatcher) (Rank 40, +1 Hacking): [1d100] = 94
... [Major success] Suddenly Cowboy is in the station, talking on the phone and staring at an ASF computer screen. [She] smiles ”Sierra Hotel.”.
First, the easy stuff. Fingers flash across the keyboard as Cowboy access the official employee directory for the ASF, from which he can determine both the organizational structure of the ASF and the personal extensions of every employee. A few key strokes and the list is uploaded to the web as an anonymous post in an obscure website for retrieval later.

The second order of business is run a search of the ASF files for data on investigations involving the address of the bar or Supers.
Computer Search for Data on Villains: [1d100] = 87
I don't know exactly what modifiers you may want to apply, but looks like success.

Cowboy is surprised by how easily the data can be accessed from the dispatcher's desk. Apparently their IT department was more concerned about external attacks and left an exploitable weakness in the system. Cowboy forwards the data on to Hot Streak's iPhone.

On a roll and eager to push it, Cowboy attempts to access data on equipment available at this location. Of special interest are sleep gas grenades, sniper rifles and any man portable anti-vehicular weapons that may be at this location. While he has the resources to acquire anything that he might need from other sources, this could provide immediate access ...
Weapon data Computer Hack [1d100] = 61
Intellect 30 +1 step for Hacker skill = Success

One last piece of business, Cowboy wants to check for data on Superheroes in the ASF database. This will probably be a more difficult task (-1 step harder?) since it will involve accessing the central command computer systems rather than the local system.
Superhero data hack (rank 30, +1 computer, -1 HQ firewall) [1d100] = 86

Success ... "I am in. These Gomers can't touch me. I own these systems!" he thinks to himself ... then the damn phone rings and [she] nearly jumps out of her seat. The headset clicks and suddenly she is talking with some whining citizen. He tries to quickly access her memories for that stupid speech that she drones on about when you first call ...

Memory hack of common knowledge (40 +2 steps) [1d10] = 3
OOPS, a typo in the roll ... 1d10 instead of 1d100 ... but I like the results, so I'll keep it.

Fail ... Damn, her intrinsic will to do her job interferes with his ability to access her memory ... she is beginning to awaken. Rather than risk another mind hack to regain control, Cowboy aborts the effort and returns to his own body.

In the ASF Industrial Sector Station, the phone rings and startles the dispatcher, who begins to stutter. Suddenly she is awake. "I must have dosed off" she thinks. A citizen is screaming hysterically into her ear over the headphones and she effortlessly transitions into her well practiced routine.

After dealing with the call and handing it off to a Sergeant, she glances down at her computer screen. "26% COMPLETE" is flashing in large letters across the screen. It appears to be conducting a records search for data on Superheroes. "That's odd," she thinks, "why would I search for something like that?"

She presses the 'Cancel' button and her screen returns to normal.
"welcoming humbly His light and proudly His darkness" - e.e. cummings

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#162 Post by Rukellian »

*reads atpollard's post* Oh yes.... there is much that I can do here 8-) Thank you. It's posts like these that really motivate me as a DM ;)
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: OOC/Rants and Raves, questions and suggestions too

#163 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Are you saying MW and I don't motivate you? :shock: :(
Last edited by GreyWolfVT on Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#164 Post by Rukellian »

Bursting through a window directly above the staircase connected to the bar, a very angry hero emerges. It becomes clear that he is the source of the shouting as he wrenches his gloved fist up and seems to single out LG all the way in the back of the room with a pointed finger. "YOU FIEND! HOW DARE YOU TEAR THOSE PEOPLE APART!!"
Standing firmly on the ground now, like a sumo wrestler, the well-rounded hero bulks up his muscular body and starts to radiate a blue glow. As soon as the blue glow appears, the rest of Vorpal's men open fire upon the super. A fireworks display of sparks occur as each and every bullet that hits the super seems to bounce right off, not even leaving a scratch or dent! A bullet proof wall, a tank....

I will need an initiative roll and an attack roll from Hot Streak if he still wants to perform the firey ambush. LG can be in position for an ambush on the next turn.

-----
atpollard wrote:Cowboy
Rukellian wrote:Leaving the chat room with smile on his face, the Cowboy leaves feeling confident in his handiwork thus far. He has amassed his army and is arming them with the necessary weapons through reliable channels. This sort of work will take care of itself, but the next part in his plan, this will take a more 'hands on' approach. Using a disposable cell phone, he calls the local ASF station. A friendly female voice picks up on the other end and goes through the standard introductory phrase and questions. Further conversation reveals that she is the dispatcher for the station. The dispatcher would have access to police records for that station. The Police Commissioner or Police Chief of Atlas City is well-known and can easily be looked up. The Police Chief runs all of the ASF stations throughout the vast island city, but each precinct has its own Commissioner which answers to the chief. The Cowboy is currently phoning the Industrial Sector ASF Station and its commanding commissioner is currently Mace McKay.
”I really hope that you can help me.” Cowboy whispers softly into the phone as the multiple Liquid Crystal processors imbedded in his skull all power up, then comes the burn as micro-circuits stimulate genetically engineered glands to secrete mind-altering neurotransmitters and psycho-pharmaceuticals. The world slows to a crawl as his mind races ... his intellect, awareness and willpower, already at human maximums, receive a cybernetic push beyond human limitations. For an instant, Cowboy is nowhere and everywhere ... his conscious mind spread throughout the entire communications network, everywhere at once.

Four minutes, that’s how long he can survive in that state unharmed. At five minutes he is dead. Every ‘buttonhead’, ‘weefle’, ‘hotdogger’, ‘cowboy’ or ‘faust’ knows the numbers ... you have got to connect, don’t get lost in the rush ... and for a ‘crystaljockey’ like Cowboy, this isn’t his first rodeo.
BUTTONHEAD - A person addicted to stimulating the pleasure centers through interface sockets.
WEEFLE - (derogatory) An inexperienced netrunner.
HOTDOGGER - (derogatory) Inexperienced netrunners.
COWBOY - A Netrunner.
CRYSTALJOCKEY, CRYSTALJOCK - A computer user, a netrunner.
CRYSTAL - 1. A liquid crystal computer matrix. 2. Anything, such as an artificial intelligence, cybertech, or even software, using or operated by an LC matrix.
FAUST - A netrunner who deals in, or with, A.I.'s.
SIERRA HOTEL - Shit Hot. A real pro.
Cowboy focuses and can feel the mind of the dispatcher. He attempts to push through the wall ...
Mind Control (dispatcher) (Rank 40, +1 Hacking): [1d100] = 94
... [Major success] Suddenly Cowboy is in the station, talking on the phone and staring at an ASF computer screen. [She] smiles ”Sierra Hotel.”.
First, the easy stuff. Fingers flash across the keyboard as Cowboy access the official employee directory for the ASF, from which he can determine both the organizational structure of the ASF and the personal extensions of every employee. A few key strokes and the list is uploaded to the web as an anonymous post in an obscure website for retrieval later.

The second order of business is run a search of the ASF files for data on investigations involving the address of the bar or Supers.
Computer Search for Data on Villains: [1d100] = 87
I don't know exactly what modifiers you may want to apply, but looks like success.

Cowboy is surprised by how easily the data can be accessed from the dispatcher's desk. Apparently their IT department was more concerned about external attacks and left an exploitable weakness in the system. Cowboy forwards the data on to Hot Streak's iPhone.

On a roll and eager to push it, Cowboy attempts to access data on equipment available at this location. Of special interest are sleep gas grenades, sniper rifles and any man portable anti-vehicular weapons that may be at this location. While he has the resources to acquire anything that he might need from other sources, this could provide immediate access ...
Weapon data Computer Hack [1d100] = 61
Intellect 30 +1 step for Hacker skill = Success

One last piece of business, Cowboy wants to check for data on Superheroes in the ASF database. This will probably be a more difficult task (-1 step harder?) since it will involve accessing the central command computer systems rather than the local system.
Superhero data hack (rank 30, +1 computer, -1 HQ firewall) [1d100] = 86

Success ... "I am in. These Gomers can't touch me. I own these systems!" he thinks to himself ... then the damn phone rings and [she] nearly jumps out of her seat. The headset clicks and suddenly she is talking with some whining citizen. He tries to quickly access her memories for that stupid speech that she drones on about when you first call ...

Memory hack of common knowledge (40 +2 steps) [1d10] = 3
OOPS, a typo in the roll ... 1d10 instead of 1d100 ... but I like the results, so I'll keep it.

Fail ... Damn, her intrinsic will to do her job interferes with his ability to access her memory ... she is beginning to awaken. Rather than risk another mind hack to regain control, Cowboy aborts the effort and returns to his own body.

In the ASF Industrial Sector Station, the phone rings and startles the dispatcher, who begins to stutter. Suddenly she is awake. "I must have dosed off" she thinks. A citizen is screaming hysterically into her ear over the headphones and she effortlessly transitions into her well practiced routine.

After dealing with the call and handing it off to a Sergeant, she glances down at her computer screen. "26% COMPLETE" is flashing in large letters across the screen. It appears to be conducting a records search for data on Superheroes. "That's odd," she thinks, "why would I search for something like that?"

She presses the 'Cancel' button and her screen returns to normal.
And here we go....

The Cowboy is indeed able to access the official employee directory for the ASF, pulling up files on everything that is known about each of the officers stationed in the Industrial District, down to the knitty gritty details of favorite colors and whether they are left or right handed. The public knew a little bit about their protectors, but now they will have access to the stuff that the ASF wanted to keep hidden as well, of course, when Cowboy deseminates said information. All the information was placed in an obscure website dedicated to the chronicling of what appears to be a microscopic ghost organism that feeds off of spurious notions known as vril, an obscure chapter in the history of ancient anthropology.

Cowboy's second order of business is met with high success once again, this time uncovering something a little more interesting. Apparently the ASF was using the relief convoy as bait all along, a way to draw out certain criminal elements and put them down. They expected heavy casualties but went with the plan anyways, hoping to play upon the emotions of the public through edited broadcasts of the event, creating martyrs and of the supers and officers in the field fighting the good fight.

ASF records continue in its details of the bar raid that was to occur once the convoy was stolen. Having files on local criminal organizations in the area as well as inside contacts, they had reason to believe that one of the more violent gangs was fractured and vulnerable to attack. They assigned two heroes to this operation, Mr. Wallfist and Eclusia. Information on both heroes were found, including their current residences, abilities, weaknesses, allies and enemies, as well as some other generic information like years of service, aliases and back history. The Cowboy sends some of this information to Hot Streak's iPhone, just in case...

The last pieces of information that Cowboy is able to secure through his excellent hacking venture are the munition store inventory lists. The Industrial District of Atlas City is home to the majority of the super-powered criminal elements, where security is not as strict as it is in the center of the Atlas City. Because of this level of danger that the areas imposes, the ASF station here is equipped with the latest in weaponry and high tech equipment, ranging from Lawgiver 5.7 models to mobile troop transports. The munitions and equipment cover a wide variety of different applications including dealing with enemy groups that utilize chemical and biological weaponry, emp and robotic hacking systems, as well as the conventional ballistics and unconventional modified black market energy weapon prototypes. Interestingly enough, the ASF even has a few walker suits that herald back to the old video game days of the Mechwarrior franchise, works of fiction made reality but highly unsuitable for urban warfare.

Most of the weapons, ammunition and vehicles can be found in four different compounds situated throughout the Industrial District. They are all heavily guarded, providing a mix of computer based securities and manned patrols.

The Cowboy returns to his own body, now with a wealth of new inside information about the ASF and its enlisted supers.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#165 Post by Rukellian »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Are you saying MW and I don't motivate you? :shock: :(
Not saying that at all! Your posts do not have to be long to be good, its just that I like reading and atpollard has been giving me a lot to read, much like another player on the hero side. Both teams of players have different posting habits, and I respect the short ones as much as I do the long ones. Trust me when I say that everything that you guys have done before Cowboy showed up has been a blast. There was a lot of stuff you wrote and did in character that really kept me going with this campaign. I can say the same for the hero side as well.

I try not to pick favorites if that is what you are concerned about, but if I did have one it would be.... hmmm, wait, you guys haven't been introduced to her yet. A surprise for later? :lol:

GreyWolfVT

#166 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hot StreakPrior Round per DM request
Init[1d100 +6] = 72+6 = 78
Flame Strike [1d100] = 32
Current/Upcoming round:
Gives the "hero" a look that just says:
He continues to launch another fire attack at the hero just to see how impervious he is.
Init[1d100 +6] = 65+6 = 71
Flame Strike [1d100] = 83
"Vorpal Now! Attack him!" he yells from his position. Figuring LG will jump in when he fells like it.
He yells back to the men firing "Save your ammo. Unless you have something more like a rocket."
Last edited by GreyWolfVT on Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#167 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Rukellian wrote:
Not saying that at all! Your posts do not have to be long to be good, its just that I like reading and atpollard has been giving me a lot to read, much like another player on the hero side. Both teams of players have different posting habits, and I respect the short ones as much as I do the long ones. Trust me when I say that everything that you guys have done before Cowboy showed up has been a blast. There was a lot of stuff you wrote and did in character that really kept me going with this campaign. I can say the same for the hero side as well.

I try not to pick favorites if that is what you are concerned about, but if I did have one it would be.... hmmm, wait, you guys haven't been introduced to her yet. A surprise for later? :lol:
It's okay Ruke, we understand... "sniffle"

Coincidentally Genocide will indeed being Cloaked and getting into position for an ambush!
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

GreyWolfVT

Re: OOC/Rants and Raves, questions and suggestions too

#168 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Rukellian wrote:

Nah i don't care if i am a favorite or not so long as I still get to play. Hey did you get the NPC villains i rolled up over the weekend when I was a wee bit bored?
Last edited by GreyWolfVT on Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#169 Post by Rukellian »

GreyWolfVT wrote:
Rukellian wrote:

Nah i don't care if i am a favorite or not so long as I still get to play. Hey did you get the NPC villains i rolled up over the weekend when I was a wee bit bored?
Yep. Just as a heads up everyone, try and keep the ooc statements in the OOC thread. Will help reduce clutter so that I can go back and find posts with more ease.

I will be the first to admit it, I am guilty of this too. I need to start following my own advice :roll:

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#170 Post by Rukellian »

Rukellian wrote:
Bursting through a window directly above the staircase connected to the bar, a very angry hero emerges. It becomes clear that he is the source of the shouting as he wrenches his gloved fist up and seems to single out LG all the way in the back of the room with a pointed finger. "YOU FIEND! HOW DARE YOU TEAR THOSE PEOPLE APART!!"
Standing firmly on the ground now, like a sumo wrestler, the well-rounded hero bulks up his muscular body and starts to radiate a blue glow. As soon as the blue glow appears, the rest of Vorpal's men open fire upon the super. A fireworks display of sparks occur as each and every bullet that hits the super seems to bounce right off, not even leaving a scratch or dent! A bullet proof wall, a tank....

I will need an initiative roll and an attack roll from Hot Streak if he still wants to perform the firey ambush. LG can be in position for an ambush on the next turn.
The hero smiles, if only for a moment, thinking to himself that if this is all that stands in his way.... His smirk is quickly wiped off as a blast of searing heat hits the side of his head. That did it. He roars in pain as he turns towards the direction of the attack. "A FIRE-USER? DAMN IT! ECLUSIA, WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?" The super instinctively picks up a nearby crate and hurls it at Hot Streak. The burning pain messes with his aim though and he misses terribly. The blue cloak of energy flickers.

"Vorpal Now! Attack him!"Hot Streak yells from his position, figuring LG will jump in when he feels like it.
He yells back to the men firing "Save your ammo. Unless you have something more like a rocket."

(Taking into consideration the bonuses obtained from the upgraded pyro pack and the row shift added due to the ambush tactic, the 32 was a minor success)

Vorpal charges the enraged hero and slashes mightily with his sword arm. The combination works! Weakened by the flame attack, the blue barrier is temporarily disrupted, making the hero vulnerable to physical damage. Blood flies in the air and Vorpal's men in the back cheer him on!

I have Hot Streak's second attack ready for the next round, if you wish to change his actions there is still time. For the next round, I will also need initiative and success rolls from LG as well, that is assuming he is attacking.

GreyWolfVT

#171 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hot Streak "Thats right Vorpal keep it up man and I'll keep the heat on him." he communicates while continuing his assault on the hero.

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#172 Post by atpollard »

Cowboy
Watches the unfolding action from the comfort of home.
A wall of monitors display the view from multiple cameras ...
[screen 1] inside the warehouse
[screen 2] the street
[screen 3, 4, 5] news feeds from several stations
(Cowboy is looking for a reporter who is even a little critical of the effort by supers ... like questioning their ability to keep the peace ... anything except the typical gushing praise.)

[screen 6] the carnage in the bar

Hacking news drone feed: [1d100] = 52 (Int 30+1 step)
[screen 7] [Minor Success] Cowboy also hacked into a live aerial feed of the scene from the drone camera of a news service (no control of the drone, just a live video feed).

Cowboy takes notes, and
[screen 8] displays an idea that he is already working on to improve ammo for his new allies.
(Cowboy orders multiple parts shipments: 100 semi-auto 12 ga shotgun receivers; 50 barrels (12 ga x 18", stainless steel); 50 barrels (12 ga x 12", stainless steel); 100 pistol grips for the butt of the shotguns; 50 folding stocks; 100 quad tactical rails; 500 ten round magazines, 500 twenty round drums; 500 five round magazines; 100 night vision scopes; 100 laser sights; 50 vertical front grips; 50 folding front grips. Each item in the list - ie. 50 receivers - will be sent to a different private mailbox, gun store or warehouse under a different false identity.)

[screen 9] displays the data dump from the ASF computer hack.
[screen 10] outside Cowboy's current location
[screen 11] street approaching Cowboy's current location
[screen 12] music videos

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#173 Post by MonkeyWrench »

As the battle unfolds Genocide, still cloaked, remains low and speeds to the other end of the warehouse, behind the hero getting attacked. He drops down to the ground and begins stalking up to the man as he is occupied with the two villians, the closer he gets the more everyone can hear that mad laughter echo throughout the place.

Once Genocide is close enough he will spring onto the large hero, using his reflexes to attack the man from behind, his first two hits aimed for the back of the mans knees, the last hit is powerful jump kick to the side of the supers head.

Fast Attack 30, Damage 130: Initiative: [1d100+10] = 16+10 = 26, To-Hit: [1d100] = 47, [1d100] = 7, [1d100] = 90
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#174 Post by Rukellian »

Vorpal engages the hero once more, but finds himself quickly grappled and thrown across the room. The hero is strong, and fast when it counts. Hot Streak takes this opportunity to fire another blast of flames at his target, disrupting the blue aura once more. The hero tries to stumble backwards, back up the stairs, but is quickly met by a previously hidden LG. With a swift strike to the back of the knee, Laughing Genocide brings the hero down to his knee. The second strike in his ambush flurry did not hit, but the last one, the side kick to the head proved very effective.

The fat hero lies on the floor now on his hands and knees, bleeding heavily. He looks around and finds himself vastly outnumbered, and his partner no where in sight. The blue aura comes back up, but this time, the hero looks to be trying to make an escape.

Actions!

----

I will provide Cowboy's side of the update tomorrow.

GreyWolfVT

#175 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hot Streak yells back to Vorpals men "Shoot to kill men!" then back to Vorpal "Come now Vorpal finish the hero!" he then turns and blasts the hero again with fire! "If you can't stand the heat then stay out of my kitchen!"

Init[1d100 +6] = 32+6 = 38
[1d100] = 90
Last edited by GreyWolfVT on Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#176 Post by Rukellian »

atpollard wrote:Cowboy
Watches the unfolding action from the comfort of home.
A wall of monitors display the view from multiple cameras ...
[screen 1] inside the warehouse
[screen 2] the street
[screen 3, 4, 5] news feeds from several stations
(Cowboy is looking for a reporter who is even a little critical of the effort by supers ... like questioning their ability to keep the peace ... anything except the typical gushing praise.)

[screen 6] the carnage in the bar

Hacking news drone feed: [1d100] = 52 (Int 30+1 step)
[screen 7] [Minor Success] Cowboy also hacked into a live aerial feed of the scene from the drone camera of a news service (no control of the drone, just a live video feed).

Cowboy takes notes, and
[screen 8] displays an idea that he is already working on to improve ammo for his new allies.
(Cowboy orders multiple parts shipments: 100 semi-auto 12 ga shotgun receivers; 50 barrels (12 ga x 18", stainless steel); 50 barrels (12 ga x 12", stainless steel); 100 pistol grips for the butt of the shotguns; 50 folding stocks; 100 quad tactical rails; 500 ten round magazines, 500 twenty round drums; 500 five round magazines; 100 night vision scopes; 100 laser sights; 50 vertical front grips; 50 folding front grips. Each item in the list - ie. 50 receivers - will be sent to a different private mailbox, gun store or warehouse under a different false identity.)

[screen 9] displays the data dump from the ASF computer hack.
[screen 10] outside Cowboy's current location
[screen 11] street approaching Cowboy's current location
[screen 12] music videos
I apologize for the delay on my part. I meant to get to the computer sooner, but I pulled something in my back and was in bed for the majority of the day. I can get up and sit now, but I cannot be at the computer for too long.

Various computer screens illuminate the dark room that Cowboy resides in. There are plenty of news feeds now talking about and showing the site of the convoy ambush and hijacking that took place much earlier in the day. Reporters are on the scene as the camera pans over to some blurred piles on the ground. Subtitled names are underneath each pile, identifiying who each pile once was. ASF officers, Supers, even some gang members and civilians got caught up in the short massacre.

There have been many direct responses to this incident, associates and leaders of anti-super organizations denouncing the SFH's lack of interventionary success over the years. Many proclaim that the villans and criminal organizations of the world have the upper hand in too many things and that the SFH agency is not doing its job properly, that they never could and that they are even the source of many of these problems as well. Many pro-human advocacy groups claim that the only reason why things like this happen now is because the supers were the ones that brought their weapons and mad sciences to this world, and that their haphazard way of saving the day is only causing more financial and political headaches for everyone who isn't 'super'. "The supers of the world have too much power at their disposal. If they ever decide to turn on us, no one would be safe..."

As the cowboy hacks into a drone with an aerial feed camera, he notices that it is focused only on the site of the convoy hijacking/massacre. It would appear as if the warehouse/bar attack is not known to the public at the moment.

The orders for the weapon parts went through, but even the Cowboy knows that such a task is never easy to pull off. If he isn't careful about how he covers up his trails using these multiple aliases and fictional accounts, the law could catch wind of this and crack down hard and fast. (Please roll for success using your intelligence rank value score. Your hacking skill will provide a +1 row shift to your result.)

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#177 Post by atpollard »

Rukellian wrote:(Please roll for success using your intelligence rank value score. Your hacking skill will provide a +1 row shift to your result.)
Cowboy
Computer Hacking, INT=30 (MS=30+, S=60+, OS=90+): [1d100] = 23

Would lifestyle be more appropriate for acquiring stuff?
Lifestyle 109 (15+=MS, 45+=S, 85+=OS): [1d100] = 41

How much harder would it be to just acquire finished shotguns rather than trying to assemble them from parts (to avoid serial numbers).
Any way it turns out, I can roll with it. :)
Last edited by atpollard on Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#178 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Genocide stalks up behind the downed super as he tenses, readying to run. In a swift motion Genocide attempts to rip the mans head off before he can flee.
So I rolled this first but then realized that my single attack macro has Init already in it, use whichever one you want.
Initiative: [1d100+10] = 27+10 = 37
Initiative: [1d100+10] = 42+10 = 52, To-Hit: [1d100] = 55

This is if the action was in fact successful.
Genocide will stand near the now headless corpse, laughing maniacally while staring at the supers decapitated head. He is overjoyed as the fluids squirting from the body coat the ground near him and spray over anyone near by, his arms slowly being encased by the supers blood flowing from his head. He stops for a moment, turning and looking at the two villains and their minions, His eyes almost glowing and a twisted grin splitting his face. He tosses the head into the air softly, catching it with his feet and kick it softly up each time, playing hacky-sack with the dead mans head. He calls out to the group, "Care for a friendly game? Hahahahahaha"

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#179 Post by Rukellian »

Hot Streak yells back to Vorpal's men "Shoot to kill men!" then back to Vorpal "Come now Vorpal finish the hero!" he then turns and blasts the hero again with fire! "If you can't stand the heat then stay out of my kitchen!"
Vorpal nods and lunges at the retreating hero, his blade slides right off of the blue aura though and does not make contact with the hero. With a grunt he stumbles to the side and signals for the shower of bullets. His henchmen lay down the lead and slows the hero to a crawl, the strain of keeping the blue aura up become more and more apparent. It is at this time that Hot Streak lights up the fat hero again, disrupting his shields and leaving him vulnerable and shouting in pain.

"DAMN YOU VILLIANS TO HELL! MY FRIENDS WILL GET YOU, M-" The hero is interrupted as you see the fluid and lightning fast motion of LG leaping forward and ripping the hero's head off...
MonkeyWrench wrote:Genocide will stand near the now headless corpse, laughing maniacally while staring at the supers decapitated head. He is overjoyed as the fluids squirting from the body coat the ground near him and spray over anyone near by, his arms slowly being encased by the supers blood flowing from his head. He stops for a moment, turning and looking at the two villains and their minions, His eyes almost glowing and a twisted grin splitting his face. He tosses the head into the air softly, catching it with his feet and kick it softly up each time, playing hacky-sack with the dead mans head. He calls out to the group, "Care for a friendly game? Hahahahahaha"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y0WjH1KGjA Watch 6:17 to 6:46. I thought that little video clip was most fitting for the situation :lol:
Last edited by Rukellian on Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#180 Post by Rukellian »

atpollard wrote:
Rukellian wrote:(Please roll for success using your intelligence rank value score. Your hacking skill will provide a +1 row shift to your result.)
Cowboy
Computer Hacking, INT=30 (MS=30+, S=60+, OS=90+): [1d100] = 23

Would lifestyle be more appropriate for acquiring stuff?
Lifestyle 109 (15+=MS, 45+=S, 85+=OS): [1d100] = 41

How much harder would it be to just acquire finished shotguns rather than trying to assemble them from parts (to avoid serial numbers).
Any way it turns out, I can roll with it. :)
You were not able to cover up your trails as well as you thought, already you see some of your ficitional accounts frozen and fallen under government hands. Luckily, they are not able to trace it back to you.

Lifestyle would be more appropriate, definitely. Using your skills as a top rate hacker, you are able to easily secure a 'legitimate' hero license of your own, allowing you access to many things. Please see the OOC thread for more details on this in my latest post there.

Return to “Rebirth of Power: a 4c system game”