Action Thread 11

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Action Thread 11

#41 Post by Argennian »

"Good idea to make it look like the real thing," floats invisible Blodgett's voice as the party agrees on which departure preparations to execute.

"I'm gonna slip out the stable door in my you-can't-see-me state and make sure there ain't no guards hanging out on the roof or around the corner there. I'll be right back with a report..."

Blodgett will take a look out through the stable doors to ensure there are no guards or ghouls out there waiting for him before he slips out the door as quickly and quietly as he can to have a look-see.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by max_vale »

Ogre feels a bit sorry for the recently liberated slaves and says; "Maybe they can just hold their hands together or something instead of actually tying them up.....if things go south; they can at least run and maybe fight"; he suggests.

He also grins at Phanstern's comments about his name and actual Ogres.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#43 Post by Nuke66 »

Eljay tries to hold her antsy steed under control while things get figured out. "Just be quick about it."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by Argennian »

Within no more than a minute passed, there is a light rasp and whisper at the stable door. "Psst, it's me, Blodgett. Let me back in!"

~ Once inside, the invisible halfling Robber gives everyone a quick debrief. "Well, those ghouls certainly made some of the nearby guards scatter, but there are just too many patrols out there for us to have any chance of sneaking out and away unseen. Looks like we're going to have to rely on our ruse after all...

"Hey Dread, I'm hoping that if they think you're that slaver bloke, they'll buy a wave off and we can leave with these prisoners without further incident. I'm guessing all our freed prisoner-friends know to stay cool and go along with our plan right?"
he says loudly enough for them to hear. "Better they all look dejected like they're still prisoners, right? Cause if any of them get nervous and blow this, things will go badly. If things go badly, a cage would be the least of their worries, I should think. Just saying and all...

"Anyways, if our plan works, and no reason I see it shouldn't if we play our hand coolly, we simply move away all normal like to the city gates, walk out and away. If them gates don't look like a good idea for whatever reason, we'll figure it out then. Agreed?"
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by tkrexx »

Phanstern glances around, his voice seems a little confused. So, is it the slaver bloke, or an Ogre I'm preposturing to be?

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by Stirling »

marching order? and who are on the horses? Kayen will ride one if any spare otherwise he will bring up the rear guard. I think he has a burning hands spell prepared from his spell book, just the sort of thing to keep a few ghoulies at distance if needed.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by max_vale »

OOC: Ogre is happy to take the lead; but will once again ask about making the newly liberated slaves either just keep their hands together or only loosely bound a piece of rope/chain around their hands/wrists....so that if needed they can quickly flee/fight; I'd also vote for Phanstern to look like the slaver dude

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#48 Post by saalaria »

"Don't worry Phan, no one can tell what you are anyway! I am ready to assume the persona of the slave master. It takes me back to my time with the Young Mumblers - my acting troupe before I become a famous mage!"
With that he coughs, clears his throat, raises his head and assumes a regal air.
Dredd dusts off his robes and starts to strut about - trying to 'get into character' as he will tell anyone who questions him.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by rredmond »

Sorry another quick recap before we move on:Kayen suggests making the slaves look more like slaves and the party like slavers.
Ogre suggests maybe having the slaves fake being chained/tied up.

Phanstern wonders about turning into an ogre or the head slaver.

Freda just wants to go.

Eljay is still ahorse and ready to go; will be riding, spear ready, at the forefront.

Blodgett says that he will try and distract the roof guard if anything goes awry and prepares to slip out when the party leaves.

Kayen jumps on the spare horse prepping to go.

Dredd prepares to play “the leaders as they move out.”

So we move out, no illusionary fog, or people? Phanstern and Blodgett are still invisible. If so, then I’ll move you guys out tomorrow!
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by Argennian »

Just before the party departs the barn with the line of fake-prisoners, the invisible halfling offers a few last words...

"I'm gonna move out now and will be off to the side out of sight. I'll be ready to create a diversion if it looks like trouble. Remember, perception is the key, good people, so take a few deep breaths and let's make this look real! You former prisoners don't deviate from the plan or make any moves unless one of us says so, okay? If everything makes it look like business as usual, then it will seem to be simply that, and we're home free, okay? We can do this!"

His best attempt at an inspirational speech done, Blodgett slips out the stable door once again...

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by tkrexx »

Phanstern takes a deep breath and wills himself visible. Failing that, he picks up a random pebble and bounces it off a random slave's head. They're used to much worse, he assures himself. Once he's visible, he'll again warn the party: My "Ogre" form will last only about 15 minutes, so we must be brief! You slaves, just act as though a real Ogre is herding you along. If we are discovered, I'll weave a thick mist to confuse the opposition, then everyone's on their own.

Once he's certain all have listened, the Illusionist cracks his knuckles and chants the Hymn of Change, his fingers actually drawing new features about him. He seems to grow, in height and girth, his garb becomes that of an Ogre slaveherder, complete with weapons and ring of keys. He clears his throat and tries a word or two in his best Ogre imitation voice. How do I look? he grumbles.

Change Self (2-12 rounds plus 2 rounds per level.)

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex – 12:50 p

The Upper Level - Stables

Blodgett remains invisible.

The party gathers to go. At the urging of Ogre to “move, quickly”, Blodgett does some reconnoitering and they formulate a plan.

Eljay ties the unconscious slaver to a horse, covering him with saddlebags, disguising him as baggage and then mounts another horse. Kayen covers his pointed ears and suggests Phanstern become more ogrish. Freda warns to move quickly or suffer wandering monster checks (clatter, clatter).

Ogre loosely binds the slaves wrists, which they suffer without complaint. Except for one who gets pegged from behind by the now visible illusionist.

Meanwhile Dredd starts doing improvisational acting.

With a nod to the slave he pegged, Phanstern makes the hand gestures, verbalizing the words to his spell. He grows taller and wider, and has tusks sprout from his mouth. Phan looks quite ogrish at this point.

Eljay preps spear, and calms the horse, ready to lead the troop out of the stables. Kayen mounts the last horse, preparing to be rear guard. Blodgett sneaks back out of the stable to be an invisible vanguard.

The party heads out in the marching order below. As they come out they can hear some of the rooftop guards quietly complaining about the ghouls’ lunch, while others laugh at the poor meal. The party gets just about all the way out (Eljay is about 50 feet in front of Kayen, with the party, and long line of slaves interspersed between) when there’s a call from the roof, just as Kayen rides out of the stable.

Flargh? What's going on?” An orc, or half-orc, calls down, “have those escaped slaves been sold already?” He laughs loudly. “Trying to escape just proves you were strong, stupid human slaves! Got yourselves sold already!” Others join in the laughter this time. “Flargh were there no intruders that helped the escapees? Why is an ogre leading a slave band out to the city?

To be out of the temple area and into the city of Highport proper is probably a bit less than 1,000 feet. This doesn’t mean you can’t be pursued into the city though. But basically once among the ruins of the city you’re a bit safer. You still have the slaves to ferry around though.

HPs: Ogre (1) - 45/45; Elwita (1) - 32/50; Delgath (6) - 25/25; Blodgett (3) - 10/20 ; Freda (-5) - 29/40; Phanstern (2) - 25/25; Eljayess (1) - 17/25; Kayen (2) - 25/25
WIH: Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light) (short bow), shield]; Elwita Hammer (heavy xbow): Staff; Delgath: Staff; Blodgett: short sword (sling); Freda: long bow (long sword), shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield (long bow); Kayen: long sword (long bow), shield]
MO: Blodgett, Eljayess, Freda, Delgath, Ogre, 12 slaves, Phanstern, Elwita, Kayen
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern OUT (Phanstern) - (121 minutes left OUT) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch - (not lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-3/4, 2-1/2, 3-1/1 : Phanstern: 1-3/4, 2-2/2, 3-0/1; Eljayess: 1-2/4, 2-2/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2

Invisibility potion: 2 doses left.

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by max_vale »

Ogre is about to snarl a reply back when he chokes it down....it's better to let the smart ones in the outfit do the talking; he thinks. He keeps his hand on his sword hilt and his shield at the ready while keeping himself alert for any and all enemies; ready to get in between any of the poor slaves and an opponent at a moment's notice....
Last edited by max_vale on Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by tkrexx »

They pay Ogre 100 gold, that why! Phanstern tries vigorously to sound angry and mocking at once. If Orc had hair on ass they pay it too! AAAAAAHahahahahahhh!!!

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#57 Post by Argennian »

PM sent! :)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex – 12:51 p

Outside the ruined temple

Blodgett remains invisible.

Flargh were there no intruders that helped the escapees? Why is an ogre leading a slave band out to the city?

The party moves on as they are being questioned. Prepared for anything.

tkrexx wrote:They pay Ogre 100 gold, that why! Phanstern tries vigorously to sound angry and mocking at once. If Orc had hair on ass they pay it too! AAAAAAHahahahahahhh!!!

The roof guard stops, wide eyed and speechless, while others in the background start laughing and bellowing at him. One walks up to point at Phanstern and, in a good natured manner, hits the mocked guard on his back. Meanwhile the guard himself recovers (particularly after the blow almost knocks him down) and responds with a hand signal that is a universal sign of displeasure, I think Alethan once described it as a high five (minus the thumb, first finger, ring finger, and pinkie finger), and stalks away from the edge of the roof.

HPs: Ogre (1) - 45/45; Elwita (1) - 32/50; Delgath (6) - 25/25; Blodgett (3) - 10/20 ; Freda (-5) - 29/40; Phanstern (2) - 25/25; Eljayess (1) - 17/25; Kayen (2) - 25/25
WIH: Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light) (short bow), shield]; Elwita Hammer (heavy xbow): Staff; Delgath: Staff; Blodgett: short sword (sling); Freda: long bow (long sword), shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield (long bow); Kayen: long sword (long bow), shield]
MO: Blodgett, Eljayess, Freda, Delgath, Ogre, 12 slaves, Phanstern, Elwita, Kayen
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern OUT (Phanstern) - (121 minutes left OUT) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch - (not lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-3/4, 2-1/2, 3-1/1 : Phanstern: 1-3/4, 2-2/2, 3-0/1; Eljayess: 1-2/4, 2-2/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2

Invisibility potion: 2 doses left.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#59 Post by Alethan »

Freda lets out a quiet sigh of relief and returns the cork stopper as the guard walks away. She still does not take her hand off the small vial she lifted off of the accountant, with just enough left in it for one or two more doses. If anything bad happens, at least ONE person has to get away to bring word back to their patrons!
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by Argennian »

Return PM sent out! :?

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Return to “Slave Pits of the Undercity”