The Village of Herebury (Drafts)

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Village of Herebury

#61 Post by Pulpatoon »

mb. wrote:Ernt & Bris Miller (and daughters)

As you'd expect, most young men in the village have tried to get close to at least one of the miller's daughters, and more than a few have felt the miller's wrath across the back of their heads for it.
mb., Would you be so kind as to name the Millers' lovely daughters?

mb.
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: The Village of Herebury (Drafts)

#62 Post by mb. »

Of course. In descending age from 25 to 17, they are Meela, Glindel, Vossi, Fulma and Pris.

mb.
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#63 Post by mb. »

Pulpatoon wrote:So, for future reference, there is a game called Microscope, which is nothing but collaborative world creation. It's actually the game that got me back into gaming. Super-highly recommended.
:o What a great idea! Sounds awesome!

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#64 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Pulpatoon wrote:Looking great! Let me add my two cents:

MonketWrench: How would you feel about making Victor and Maya much older? So that they might be able to mentor interested kids, but not go adventuring themselves? I might feel constrained in how I treat them like regular (disposable) NPCs, out of respect to their position as your player characters. But if they're way past their prime, they're less likely to get in trouble. Also, wouldn'tthey make an adorable old couple?

zebediah: There is a Holywell street in town, so there must have been a holy well somewhere around here at some point in time. Is it still around? Was it part of the temple? Sacred to Dianae, perhaps? Or maybe the town hall was built over top of it, or something.
lol, I did write them as an older peoples, if you want them to be older then go for it!
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by Pulpatoon »

MonkeyWrench wrote: lol, I did write them as an older peoples, if you want them to be older then go for it!
Yeah, I'm thinking adorable, dottering couple-from-"UP" old. Because, seriously, don't you want to see Victor as an old man?

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#66 Post by MonkeyWrench »

I would love to see victor as an old man lol
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by Pulpatoon »

Maya, of course, will be no different. She already acts like a cranky old lady.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#68 Post by MonkeyWrench »

lol, someone has to keep Victor in line and I am sure it never got any easier as time went on.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#69 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Shrieks Den Here is my location, Secret will be PMed to Zebidiah and Pulp

South of the village, located in the swamps is a cave known as Shrieks Den, it was given that name due to the sounds of shrieking that come from it when the wind passes through it; no one has ever been able to explain why that happened. There have been many stories about the cave and the swamps surrounding it over the many generations, going back to the founding of the town itself.

Some stories have the cave as the home to a cult of witches that sacrificed lives in order to please their dreaded gods, or the place of a gruesome slaughter and the shrieking sounds are the ghosts; seeking the souls of the living in order to possess them. Other stories involve the cave as being an opening to a pit of demons, a portal to the Hells where demons will catch you and drag you down with them should you venture too close; The swampy land around the cave being the tainted land that came from the evil of the cave.

Among all of the stories that came from the dread swamps and Shrieks Den there are some good things that come from that area. A special type of plant grows among the swamp, The village healer and witch call it "Weeping Tears" because of the way it looks like a blue tear hanging from the plants stem, the plant itself having it's own unique story; Weeping Tears are always needed by the healers for their extreme healing properties for any type of sickness the villagers have encountered and the witch needs them for the potions that heal, the stems also being a favorite for animals; helping to tame them.

Only Marcus and Jonas ever go into the swamps in search of this rare plant, not even the adults ventured into the swamps. Jonas would busy himself with collecting the herbs and Marcus would look out for the herbs and keep an eye on Jonas with another, he knew the stories and would not let something take his friend. On an especially cold day they ventured into the swamps in search of the herbs and to collect any Weeping Tears they could find. An entire day and night passed with no sign of them, the villagers began to worry, talks and planning of search parties to go out into the swamps and find the missing boys went on until about midday when Jonas came stumbling into the village weak and exhausted, his arms, legs, and face cut up. Several hours later Marcus came back as well carrying both his pack as well as Jonas's pack of herbs, using a branch to help him walk, his body also scratched and cut, blood running down his face. They never did tell the story of what happened...

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#70 Post by Pulpatoon »

Oh, good. I figured there had to be a swamp around, somewhere, if Larea's father was eaten on an alligator hunt.

BUT WAS IT AN ALLIGATOR?

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#71 Post by GreyWolfVT »

yes it was this Alligator technically a crock yes I know from peter pan. :roll:

“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

mb.
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#72 Post by mb. »

Um, y'know that cave Bürd and Abel chased a cat into? Same cave, Shriek's Den. Ever since Bürd expelled an otherworldly spirit from the cave, the shrieking sounds continue but with a far less chilling tone.

Return to “Adventure 1: Death Comes to Herebury”