Chpt. 4 - The Tower of Roses

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chpt. 4 - The Tower of Roses

#301 Post by tkrexx »

Do you mind? Flint shields his eyes as the Halfling shows everyone her blade has a dual purpose. We all have had pieces of ourselves torn away in this accursed palace, friend Shen, he continues. I also feel less than when I entered, yet as I feared, the tower would be too simple a hiding place for such an allegedly reality-threatening artifact. So, we begin again. I for one would be at full strength before pushing ahead. We barely survived this most recent encounter; to move forward now would be to invite disaster. I will agree, however, to have one last look at the room with the tentacled beast. The loss of my own mental faculties caused me to overlook a vital component in my possession, and as such may have caused an oversight costly to the party.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#302 Post by tkrexx »

This is so cool! A still giggling Honnilee finally notices how annoying her small flash-blade is during strategy sessions. She suddenly is realizes she has 2 swords, but 1 sheath. She is silent for a few moments as she muddles thru this puzzle.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#303 Post by AleBelly »

greyarea wrote:Shen thanks Flint again for his magical armor. Maybe I'm just not seeing it, I've felt a bit dull in the head since the gameroom, but I was so sure the Staff would be in the tower. Any ideas?
"Well," says Raquinel, "this pipe Ianin's in love with seems to be a device of transmigration...whatever that is. Where I come from, that means reincarnation, so maybe he'll come back as the princess and she can tell us herself." She laughs a bit too much at her own joke. "We did find some items clearly not of this world near the device, so perhaps it's a portal to another plane, where the Runestaff resides."

She seems surprised at how much she's talking, so hesitates before adding "no matter our next step, I agree with others. We need to fully recover our health first. This body can't take too many hits as it is. Too much rest will deplete my meagre food supplies, unfortunately. Guess I'll have to find out how decapus tastes."

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#304 Post by MonkeyWrench »

At Raquinel's jest Ianin looks at the hookah, "huh... in love?" after thinking in it for a moment he simply chuckles and retorts, "if the device does as you say and reincarnates myself or others, or is a portal then I shall be quite alright with loving the object haha." he brandished a smile and winks at Raquinel before going back to lighting the hookah.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#305 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Bjorn chuckles at everything and gets surprised every so often when Honnilee temporarily blinds him with the light beam. "Hmm what do you have there is that a bit of a puzzling item or what Honn?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

doughx99
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#306 Post by doughx99 »

Idwillen casts cure light wounds on Andover
1d8= 4
He then drinks his last potion of healing.
1d8=7

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#307 Post by greyarea »

Shen contemplates the idea of going to another plane to find the Staff. He gives up after a bit though, going to a corner to work his prayer beads and meditate while the others explore the things in the room. Preparation for the adventure ahead through meditation: that is something the monk can still fully comprehend.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#308 Post by Grognardsw »

Honnilee the hobbit practices with her sword while Shen turns to meditation. Idwellin heals Andover and himself. The other injured look expectantly at Bjorn the cleric...

Ianin the conjuror spends time learning the Dispel Magic spell. He then lights the High Hookah of Transmigration. He breathes deep of the hose. The mage feels his body and mind lighten and rise. He sees his own material body sitting before the hookah, connected to his transmigrating spirit by serpentine coils covered with what looks like snake scales.

Ianin drifts through the ceiling, into the room above. It looks like a bedroom much adorned in silver! Than an other-dimensional wind buffets Ianin and he moves like a kite westward through the wall, tower stairwell, outside, then back into the second floor of the palace. It is hard to control his travel, though the serpent coils keep him in check somewhat.

The magic-user slows to a gentle float and looks about. It is a large chamber 60'x60', with line patterns in the floor, decayed wooden sparring dummies, and empty weapon racks. There are several doors in the room.

Suddenly a set of double doors open. Rushing through is a much bloodied Durandal the cleric! He is holding the hand of a small oriental boy, perhaps 8-years-old. He is saying something to the boy --pleading by the look of it -- but Ianin can't hear anything.

Actions!

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#309 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Ianin, in his spectral form, looks around. Can he hear no sound at all or just not them? is he just too far away from them? Judging from the Cleric's attire is anything chasing them that he can see?

Is he able to move forward towards them? Or touch/say anything? Is he able to affect his surroundings at all, or move? Or is he at the mercy of the winds?
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#310 Post by greyarea »

Shen, monk

Shen snaps out of his meditative state and stays back, ready for action.

GreyWolfVT

#311 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Bjorn not knowing who is still in need of healing ignores the specter and asks who needs aid.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#312 Post by MonkeyWrench »

can everyone see that I am out of my body? Or do they just see that I am in kind of a trance or something?

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#313 Post by AleBelly »

I assume we can't see what Ianin is experiencing because he's a floor above us, correct? If this is true...

Raquinel casts a read magic spell and goes to work deciphering the magic runes written on the back of the talking paintings

if the above isn't correct
Raquinel suggests Bjorn cast his healing spell on the weakened fighters in the group instead of her and casts a shield spell.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#314 Post by Grognardsw »

The other adventurers see Ianin in a trance, swaying a bit. There is no specter form.

Ianin cannot hear sounds on the prime material plane he left. Whether Durandal can hear him remains to be tested. Ianin does have slow mobility (30'/round) though that wind moved him easily (and quickly.) Upon trying to touch a wall, Ianin realizes he is immaterial and can't touch anything.

Durandal seems in a rush, but Ianin doesn't see anything chasing him at the moment (i.e. this round or next.)

HP status below. Bjorn let me know who you heal and please include rolls. Thanks!

Shen the Monk: 15/18 (4 from tentacles, 1 healed from rest)
Ianin the Magic-User: 5/12 (7 from Minor Death, 5 back from pink liquid, 6 from tentacles, 1 healed from rest)
Andover the Ranger: 6/31 (2 from monster heads, 24 from tentacles, 1 healed from rest)
Honilee the Thief: 5/19 (15 from tentacles, 1 healed from rest)
Bjorn the Cleric: 20/20
Flint the Illusionist: 4/9 (6 from tentacles, 1 healed from rest)
Poltux the Fighter: 3/11 (reduced to first level by Wheel of Balance, 8 from monster heads, 6 from tentacles, bled out 2, healed 8 by Bjorn, 1 healed from rest)
Idwillen the Druid: 12/17 (5 from tentacle, 1 healed from rest)
Raquinel the magic-user: 4/10 (5 from tentacle, 1 healed from rest)

GreyWolfVT

#315 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Bjorn casts CLW on Andover, Honnilee and Poltux.

A: Cure Light Wounds[1d8] = 7

H: Cure Light Wounds[1d8] = 2

P: Cure Light Wounds[1d8] = 4

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#316 Post by Zhym »

Andover, starting to feel a bit more like himself, thanks Bjorn and Idwellin for their divine aid. He then turns his attention to the small box with the buttons. What could it be for, he wonders, and does he dare push any of the buttons?
And has he suddenly found himself in Gamma World?

GreyWolfVT

#317 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Bjorn "Yer welcome Andover, and if I were you I'd press that there black one that says on demand." he smiles "Ya never know it could bring the runestaff to ya on yer demand."

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#318 Post by tkrexx »

Flint has a notion, and gazes again thru his seeing gem at Honnilee's sword, Andover's button box, and the swaying form of Ianin.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#319 Post by tkrexx »

What? Honnilee notes the Illusionist checking her out using his all-seeing gem. Didn't you already check the room for nasties?

doughx99
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#320 Post by doughx99 »

Idwellin readies his sling but says I think we should wait until lanin comes back to us before making any moves or pushing buttons

Return to “War is Hell - Palace of the Silver Princess”