Chpt. 4 - The Tower of Roses

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Chpt. 4 - The Tower of Roses

#321 Post by GreyWolfVT »

But he is looking at us all and seeing this ImageHonnilee is Gizmo ;)
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#322 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Does that make Ianin the blue thing in the back? :lol:
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#323 Post by MonkeyWrench »

After realizing that he is completely on a different plane and unable to affect anything, Ianin will get a better look at the child, does he express the same amount of concern as the Cleric?
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

doughx99
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#324 Post by doughx99 »

Idwillen we need our ranger at full strength he casts his last cure light wounds on Andover.
[1d8=7]

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#325 Post by Grognardsw »

Ianin the Transmigrator observes that the boy is oddly calm compared to the almost frantic Durandal. The magic-user remembers Durandal's last wish. Did he get the Runestaff then lose it? What does it mean that the cleric is on the second floor? Who is this boy? Why is Durandal alarmed?

Meanwhile, back in the Art Emporium, Bjorn the cleric brings down divine healing on Andover the ranger, Honnilee the hobbit, and Poltux the fighter. idwellin adds his own healing to the ranger.

Whispering Flint the illusionist peers again through his Gem of Seeing. The magic short sword and strange box do not have any illusionary or false aspect. Flint does see a coiled, scaled serpentine cord running from the hookah to Ianin and beyond out the ceiling. The illusionist assumes that Ianin is experiencing some sort of planar travel.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#326 Post by MonkeyWrench »

On a hunch Ianin moves closer to the boy, floating within his eyesight. Can the boy see or hear him?

GreyWolfVT

#327 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Bjorn "Sorry Raquinel I used up my healin' again for the day. Though if my memory serves me we still have waterskins of that healin' water. So everyone what now lanin is in some weird trance and we have two more doors to open if we choose to. "
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#328 Post by tkrexx »

Just testing (Flint). Wanted to know if the gem noted magic or astral presences.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#329 Post by Grognardsw »

tkrexx wrote:Just testing (Flint). Wanted to know if the gem noted magic or astral presences.
Right I looked it up. Yes, Flint does see a coiled, scaled serpentine cord running from the hookah to Ianin and beyond out the ceiling. The illusionist assumes that Ianin is experiencing some sort of planar travel.

GreyWolfVT

#330 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Grognardsw wrote:
tkrexx wrote:
Just testing (Flint). Wanted to know if the gem noted magic or astral presences.
Right I looked it up. Yes, Flint does see a coiled, scaled serpentine cord running from the hookah to Ianin and beyond out the ceiling. The illusionist assumes that Ianin is experiencing some sort of planar travel.

Like out of body experience?

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#331 Post by Grognardsw »

MonkeyWrench wrote:On a hunch Ianin moves closer to the boy, floating within his eyesight. Can the boy see or hear him?
The boy smiles up at Ianin and beckons him to come.

Durandal is staring at the boy, waving his hands, his lips moving. The boy tugs toward the doorway from which they entered this room. Together they move to leave.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#332 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Ianin, his curiosity driving him mad, decides to follow the boy.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#333 Post by Grognardsw »

Ianin wills himself forward and floats after the boy. Through the door is a hallway going 20' then splitting north and south. Durandal and the boy turn north. There are fresh blood stains on the floor. Ianin follows behind by about 15'.

The magic-user is not sure where in the second floor he is, but based on where he blew in through the exterior wall after leaving the tower, Ianin guesses he's somewhere in the middle of the second floor. Certainly north of the hermaphrodite three-appendaged giants' rooms.

Ianin follows as the boy and Durandal continue down the hallway. There is a door on the left. The boy pauses, looks at Ianin, motions at the door, and opens it. Just then Ianin feels a strong tug from the coiled serpentine line connecting him to the hookah. He's jolted back into his body. What little mystical weed and water was left in the hookah has been expended.

The other adventurers see Ianin's body suddenly convulse and he breathes deep, his eyes snapping open.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#334 Post by tkrexx »

You were elsewhere, Whispering Flint states more than asks as he comes close to Ianin. I witnessed a snake-like appendage connecting you to the hookah, then leaving the room via a solid surface. You were astral, or ethereal, weren't you? The Great Teachers had spells to achieve these states, and could travel fast and far using these mystics, ignoring all barriers. Tell me, what did you see?

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#335 Post by tkrexx »

I don't think Ianin's an asshole, Honnilee interjects while still fiddling with containing 2 swords in one sheath. And I doubt he's from Ethrael. Your suppositions are based on what? She appears somewhat annoyed at the Illusionist.

GreyWolfVT

#336 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Bjorn smiles and chuckles at Honnilee "No my halfling friend Ast ral not asshole. In other words he was in the spirit planes."

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#337 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Ianin looks at the hookah and back to his companions, almost as if he needs to remember who he is for a moment before cracking a grin and laughing, "Hahaha, Oh yes I was indeed traveling outside of my own body, this hookah is amazing... and my friends, I believe I have found our clerical friend and the location of the staff." He smiles widely at his companions after revealing such a long sought after answer.

He slowly gets up, shaking his arms and legs to relief the cramped feeling, a smile still planted on his face. After doing so he will look to the group, "We must ascend to the second floor Haha!"

Before leaving this room Ianin makes sure to grab the Hookah, placing it within his pack.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#338 Post by greyarea »

Shen, observing, decides that he will avoid mystic smoke.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#339 Post by Grognardsw »

Ianin recounts his mystic travel to the curious adventurers, and his interpretation of the direction to find the Runestaff. Healed by Bjorn the cleric and Idwellin the druid, and rested after a long night of dreamless sleep, the party girds for further exploration on this fourth day inside the Palace of the Silver Princess.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#340 Post by AleBelly »

Raquinel, sorceress

Raquinel listens in wonder at Ianin's experience. She wishes she had used the hookah.

"Then the Runestaff isn't in the tower?" she wonders. "Who was the boy?" She asks Ianin.

Return to “War is Hell - Palace of the Silver Princess”