Chpt. 4 - The Tower of Roses

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chpt. 4 - The Tower of Roses

#361 Post by Grognardsw »

AleBelly wrote:ooc: by the way, did Raquinel learn anything interesting by casting read magic and reading the magic runes on the back of the pictures? I didn't see an outcome from that action, so if she wasn't able to for some reason I'll add it back to spells she can cast today...
Sorry, yes. Edited this in to the previous post...

Raquinel, curious about the wondrous collection of speaking art, casts a Read Magic dweomer to enable her to comprehend the hundreds-year-old arcane rune-script. The words are for the most part related to the Magic Mouth variation spells cast upon the pictures, which cause them to variously mutter, exclaim, moan, laugh, and state logical or nonsensical words. Many of the runes are signed by a 'Catharandamus,' a name Raquinel vaguely remembers. Wasn't he the ghost that inflicted the adventurers' worst nightmares upon them in the library?

The runes magic speech, like the pictures, seem thematically focused on different aspects of Lady Myshella - her moods, likes, dislikes, desires, nightmares. The Princess seemed quite enamored with herself it seems.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#362 Post by tkrexx »

Whispering Flint must be beginning to feel like a wart growing on Ianin's back. Be sure to tell us when you recognize any areas you may have seen during your voyage, he mentions to the Mage, So that we know we're on the right track. The Illusionist carries his seeing gem close, as he plans on detecting invisibles, secret doors, footprints, blood trails, or anything that may help the party locate the missing and now critical member Durandal.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#363 Post by tkrexx »

The Thief Honnilee follows closely to the Ranger's lead, quiet as a shadow, apprehensive but ready to back him up at his call. She lacks long-term forethought, so she depends on other party members to think things thru before making a move.

doughx99
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#364 Post by doughx99 »

Idwillen

Following along with the group he is also looking for clues of the clerics whereabouts

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#365 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Grognardsw wrote:
MonkeyWrench wrote:Ianin, "Well, our goal being to reach the floor above us I would say which way has stairs leading up yes? Hah! But if we cannot tell which hallway leads us to these stairs I am fine with picking to continue on North until we no longer feel this to be the correct way.""
The party is on the second floor. You may recall that after exiting the Atrium into the tower, you went up the tower stairs and into the second floor, had the giant fight, then went back into the tower to explore that.
Well then... I suppose we are now just wandering the halls for the silver room!
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#366 Post by Grognardsw »

MonkeyWrench wrote:Well then... I suppose we are now just wandering the halls for the silver room!
Sorry if this wasn't clear, you are in the second floor of the palace, not the tower. The group is looking for Durandal, based on ianin's extra-planar view.

The silver bedroom was in the tower, above the art emporium where you camped out. By majority vote of those who posted, the party skipped the silver bedroom in favorm of finding Durandal.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#367 Post by MonkeyWrench »

So, let me see if I got this, we ran to the palace but Ianin saw the cleric run into the second floor of the tower? So we should be running back to the tower and looking for the silver bedroom?
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#368 Post by Grognardsw »

MonkeyWrench wrote:So, let me see if I got this, we ran to the palace but Ianin saw the cleric run into the second floor of the tower? So we should be running back to the tower and looking for the silver bedroom?
To refresh your memory: viewtopic.php?p=106409#p106409

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#369 Post by Zhym »

So if I read that correctly, we need to leave the tower and get to the second floor of the castle itself?

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#370 Post by Grognardsw »

Zhym wrote:So if I read that correctly, we need to leave the tower and get to the second floor of the castle itself?
Yes, as the party has done:
viewtopic.php?p=107522#p107522

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#371 Post by Zhym »

Okay, so what we actually want to find is "a large chamber 60'x60', with line patterns in the floor, decayed wooden sparring dummies, and empty weapon racks." That's where Ianin saw Durandal and the child,yes?

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#372 Post by Grognardsw »

Zhym wrote:Okay, so what we actually want to find is "a large chamber 60'x60', with line patterns in the floor, decayed wooden sparring dummies, and empty weapon racks." That's where Ianin saw Durandal and the child,yes?
Yes, that would be one spot, or as may have been read, where the boy went after...
viewtopic.php?p=107016#p107016

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#373 Post by Grognardsw »

On the Second Floor of the Palace

Some of the Fellowship of Law pause to re-orientate themselves directionally. The fumes of the High Hookah may have left Ianin confused.

The party passes by the two rooms where the giant fight took place. They head further west 30', then it splits north as well as continues west. The group turns north, because that seems the more likely direction Durandal was based on Ianin's wind-blown path.

The north corridor continues 30', at which point there is a set of double doors in the west wall. The hallway also continues north as far as torchlight is cast.
I won't be able to map till Friday as I am away. But this is not too complex.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#374 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Bjorn walks to the double doors and presses his ear to the door to listen.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#375 Post by greyarea »

Shen

Shen backs up Bjorn. He will search the door for traps.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#376 Post by AleBelly »

Raquinel readies herself to cast a shield spell.

doughx99
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#377 Post by doughx99 »

Idwillen readies his sling

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#378 Post by Zhym »

Andover draws Spellslasher and stands to the side of the door.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#379 Post by Grognardsw »

No noise is heard, the doors are not trapped.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#380 Post by Zhym »

Andover raises his hand, silently asking the party to wait before proceeding. He then crouches down, looking for tracks in hopes of determining whether Durandal and the boy passed this way.

Return to “War is Hell - Palace of the Silver Princess”