OOC VII

Atlictoatl
Ranger
Ranger

Re: OOC VII

#301 Post by Atlictoatl »

A simpler way of saying the above is: yes, but not first.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#302 Post by Alethan »

Yeah, but the first one might be running is arse off to get the hell outta Dodge! ;)
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Atlictoatl
Ranger
Ranger

#303 Post by Atlictoatl »

I want to see/hear your idea, but asking about it while you're searching for traps seems like an inopportune moment.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#304 Post by Alethan »

My idea was to have everyone get clear of the walled area, then have Severi cast Invisible on Rhys, then Rhys would go get a drink from the fountain.

Figured he should try first, with his movement rate of 50'. And make sure everyone else is mounted up and ready to ride, just in case...

Thoughts?

MonsterMash
Ranger
Ranger

#305 Post by MonsterMash »

Sorry I've been offline so much. Been working away from home 3 days a week recently and it makes it hard to keep up with everything. Should be able to get my book keeping done on Thurgan soon as I need to add in the last XP award and spending/converting money.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#306 Post by thirdkingdom »

MonsterMash wrote:Sorry I've been offline so much. Been working away from home 3 days a week recently and it makes it hard to keep up with everything. Should be able to get my book keeping done on Thurgan soon as I need to add in the last XP award and spending/converting money.
No worries, man.

Atlictoatl
Ranger
Ranger

#307 Post by Atlictoatl »

Alethan wrote:My idea was to have everyone get clear of the walled area, then have Severi cast Invisible on Rhys, then Rhys would go get a drink from the fountain.

Figured he should try first, with his movement rate of 50'. And make sure everyone else is mounted up and ready to ride, just in case...

Thoughts?
I'm more concerned about what it's going to do to your insides/state of mind than the statue coming to life or something.

Atlictoatl
Ranger
Ranger

#308 Post by Atlictoatl »

In this scene I'm learning that my character is easily afeared by supernatural effects.

Wyzard
Ranger
Ranger

#309 Post by Wyzard »

I think that you don't want to be invisible, in case it turns you to stone or puts a Hold Person on you or something.

Wyzard
Ranger
Ranger

#311 Post by Wyzard »

Random magic like this is usually a big risk, but it paid off here. Bumping Severi's strength up to 13 is good for another +5% XP boost (up to 10% now), in addition to a +1 to hit/damage. I'll change his sheet in a bit.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#312 Post by Alethan »

Wyzard wrote:Random magic like this is usually a big risk, but it paid off here. Bumping Severi's strength up to 13 is good for another +5% XP boost (up to 10% now), in addition to a +1 to hit/damage. I'll change his sheet in a bit.
Ah, with big risk comes big reward!

Now I just need to find some other way to magically enhance my DEX up another point...

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#313 Post by thirdkingdom »

I'm going to give Koren 'til tonight to get his character together and have a chance to drink from the fountain, otherwise we will just add him in when first possible.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#314 Post by Alethan »

Btw, I was expecting everyone to get their own riddle! ;)

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#315 Post by thirdkingdom »

Alethan wrote:Btw, I was expecting everyone to get their own riddle! ;)
Man, incorporating riddles into gaming is, I find, pretty tough. I don't know if any of you ever read The Riddlemaster of Hed books (I really should re-read them, one of these days.), or some of the riddling in Middle Earth, but I would love to have been able to incorporate some more setting appropriate riddles.

The only problem with doing that is that it is unlikely you, the players, would know the answer, so the riddle would basically be reduced to an Intelligence check. Which I think is pretty bullshit. So I just trawled the internet for an appropriate riddle. I mean, I guess I could have given you a riddle each, but this was basically a gimme side-quest anyway. There was only 1 chance in 9 of a bad result.

Koren n'Rhys
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#316 Post by Koren n'Rhys »

thirdkingdom wrote:I'm going to give Koren 'til tonight to get his character together and have a chance to drink from the fountain, otherwise we will just add him in when first possible.
I apologize for the delay, tk. I thought I'd have a hit more time this week, and it got away from me. Move ahead with your story, I dont intend to hold you up at all.

I'll have lots of quiet time tomorrow afternoon and night to wrap this up. I think I have most everything I need.
That said, there's probably no rush to get me started since I'm leaving for Gencon Wed morning (a 12 hr drive) and won't have anything but my phone until I get back to normal life Monday morning after the con. I know, woe is me. 8-)

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#318 Post by Alethan »

thirdkingdom wrote:
Alethan wrote:Btw, I was expecting everyone to get their own riddle! ;)
Man, incorporating riddles into gaming is, I find, pretty tough. I don't know if any of you ever read The Riddlemaster of Hed books (I really should re-read them, one of these days.), or some of the riddling in Middle Earth, but I would love to have been able to incorporate some more setting appropriate riddles.

The only problem with doing that is that it is unlikely you, the players, would know the answer, so the riddle would basically be reduced to an Intelligence check. Which I think is pretty bullshit. So I just trawled the internet for an appropriate riddle. I mean, I guess I could have given you a riddle each, but this was basically a gimme side-quest anyway. There was only 1 chance in 9 of a bad result.
I was just giving you trouble. :)

I liked it. Nice to have some quests that don't center around killing things.

Koren n'Rhys
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#319 Post by Koren n'Rhys »

I think I have everything I need to get my character up for your perusal. The character sheet creator on the dice roller says I need our campaign ID. Shoot me that and I'll get him posted!

Do you want to just hold off working me in until after next weekend now? No problem here if you think that makes more sense rather than playing for two or three days and then going dark for five.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#320 Post by thirdkingdom »

The ID is just for the dice roller. You should be able to post the sheet with the link. Go ahead and post IC now; that way your PC will be along for the ride.

Return to “In Search of Adventure”