Adrift into a Strange Land

KingOfCowards
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Adrift into a Strange Land

#61 Post by KingOfCowards »

Nordbo wrote:Baruch, mouth full of shellfish: "Schure, put me -crunch- on the watch any ***r **x**ing time. When am I on ?" (wipes fingers)
Titus pauses in between bites, So what kind of cleric did you say you were?

Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#62 Post by Nordbo »

Baruch, to Titus: "By Martello's manacles, do forgive me ! I am your friend in faith, a devout follower of Guth the congenial. Any god-fearing - and, god-loving - creatures that can stand up and truly declare their faith, are part of the giant, b***ing, unaccountable and wonderful cosmos that is Guth's...and mine.
Say, what is your own personal belief ? Does Guth watch over these shores, too ?"

Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#63 Post by Nordbo »

Baruch, to all "In all this haematic excitement, me bird & I also forgot: is anyone in the need of any holy healing ? Mr. Svent, you look a bit faint...."

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#64 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Svent looks up from his spell book "Hmm what? Oh uh yes, very well. I could use a hit of a healing I suppose."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#65 Post by Nordbo »

Baruch, winking: "Not trying to force anything on you mate! But do feel free to ask when need arises. Any other takers ?"

And sorry, fellow Titus: I was impolite in breaking off our spiritual discussion. Do continue"

GreyWolfVT

#66 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Svent "I'm sorry I tend to loose my attention to things when I'm studying my spells. I did take a rough few clips there from the crabmen so yes if you would like to heal me I'd appreciate it." he smiles after his little speech.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#67 Post by Nordbo »

Baruch to Svent: "Ha ha ha thought so! Well who can blame you; nobody wants to be a pushover, right?"

Lays hands on Svent, mumbling: "Guth, grant this gawdelpus..." Cure light wounds, heals [1d8] = 7 points of damage

KingOfCowards
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#68 Post by KingOfCowards »

I meant no offense, brother. You just speak...differently than most clergy I know. Myself, I've been known to throw a few coppers into Vulcan's plate from time to time. But I cannot say I know when last it was I've been to temple. Back before Merit's rebellion, that's for sure. Not to say religion does not have its place, a man's got to have faith in something.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#69 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Calen speaks up briefly, "True, one must believe in something."
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#70 Post by Nordbo »

Baruch, to Titus: "Good man, good man - yes I could see that in you! Fascinating, fascinating....this large legend you present to us. I take it Merit is just uncorrigibly godless, since birth ? Or just on an evil bender as of lately? And.....the untouchable, glowing Reginia, what spirit gives her soul this strength, this braveness in the face of oriental-fanned chaos ?"

GreyWolfVT

#71 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Nordbo wrote:Baruch to Svent: "Ha ha ha thought so! Well who can blame you; nobody wants to be a pushover, right?"

Lays hands on Svent, mumbling: "Guth, grant this gawdelpus..." Cure light wounds, heals [1d8] = 7 points of damage
Svent to Baruch "Ah yes that feels better thank you and oh look I've got some interesting crab pincher scars now, I hear the ladies love a man with scars how interesting. I suppose now women will fawn over me." he winks back to Baruch then goes back to studying his spell book.

Dizlexus
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#72 Post by Dizlexus »

Wolves Near Camp

The party gets acquainted. It is learned that Baruch has more personality than most holy men. He is a devotee of Guth. Calen the pugilist is reticent and tough. Svent is hopeful that battle damage will make him more attractive to the ladies.

The order of watch is established.
1 Titus
2 Baruch and Bird
3Calen
4Sanu
5 Garrett and Svent (MU not alone on watch).
Baruch brings divine healing to the mage (full hp for Svent).

As Titus recites the recent political and military history of Tessera, wolves can be heard in the distance. No one has gone to bed.

The sound of the wolves howling gets closer.

Then they can be heard in the brush. They must be attracted to the smell of crab.

About six wolves can be seen lurking outside the camp. They appear at the edge of the fire light and sniff about for crab scraps. They remain about 30 ft away and scuttle about nervously.

Sanu looks up from his crab leg and shrugs. Just wolves he says.

ACTIONS!!!
All GMs are evil.
What foulness goads your laughter? (Pulpatoon, 03/26/14)

Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#73 Post by Nordbo »

Baruch, hushed:"I'll trust Mr. Sanu's wisdom...but let's keep an eye on their leader"

Is it Baruch's watch yet ? I don't know the signal

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#74 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Calendar looks out in the distance, shrugging he walks over to the large amounts of crab meat, taking a large portion that was most likely a leg from the 9 foot creature calen then hurls it out into the darkness beyond the wolves. He then leans back up against the tree.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

GreyWolfVT

#75 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Garret nods at Calen thinking his actions wise. grabs another hunk of the meat smaller than the one Calen hurled and does the same.
Last edited by GreyWolfVT on Sun May 11, 2014 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

KingOfCowards
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#76 Post by KingOfCowards »

Still answering Baruch: Queen Reginia? I don't recall ever speaking to her about religion. But she is certainly a good person. You are more than welcome to ask her yerself...what is that? Wolves?

Titus grabs up his spear. They are unlikely to attack men, but they may be brave enough to try for the horses

Titus will wait to see how the wolves respond to the meat that was thrown to them.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#77 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Gahh calen not calendar!! Freaking phone and autocorrect

I think that's funny!(GM)

Dizlexus
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#78 Post by Dizlexus »

A Test Passed

The party was right to follow Sanu's lead. The wolves were no threat. The wolves carried the crab legs about 1/2 a mile away and feasted.

The party sleeps the night through without further incident. The entire party dreamed of wolves.

In the morning Calen wakes with a great sense of well being -- as if a blessing is upon him.

Baruch also feels good in the morning and can not get a name out of his head, "Aruman". Baruch begins to wonder if a god was, or is, part of that wolf pack. At ant rate, Baruch feels like wolves are a good omen from now on.

About 1/8 of a mile away, Garrett's sharp eye again picks-up the wolves as they rise from beds of grass. The wolves scavenge camp as soon as the party moves on. Then the pack follows, maintaining an 1/8 mile gap between themselves and the adventurers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Four hours of walking brings the party to the ancient city/town Cicur. The wolves fade back into the wilderness.
A river flows through the center of town.

Titus and Sanu inform the newcomers that the beds in all of the inns are occupied by injured soldiers from the front. Merit's forces have recently made new incursions into Regenia's territory and casualties are spilling out of every private and public house willing to take them. Regenia's own palace within the walls of the keep has become a hospital.

Sanu says Good men come to keep in river. We find you room and maybe meet our queen.

Regenia has precious little left in the way of intelligence services and any information about those Oriental ships, or any ships, is valuable. Titus and Sanu have to meet with her.

As the party moves through the city they notice that men of military age are not present unless members of the guard. Extra stone and ballista bolts crowd the city walls in preparation for a siege.

People stare at the adventurers who, most think, should be fighting on the front -- so young and healthy.

The party passes a weapon shop, a potters house, a full inn with a tavern, a general store, a money changer, and other merchants on the way to the keep.

At the gate of the keep a young woman named Dola spies the sun on Titus' shield
She has the gate open as the party enters.

The party notices that the interior of the keep looks like a giant triage station. People move injured people on stretchers and the priestesses of Ilmatar scurry about with medical supplies.

Dola comes down from the wall with a book, to take the names of the newcomers.
Are you new volunteers? Dola asks. Please give me your 1st name, your family name and your place of birth.

She looks up and awaits a reply.

Sanu slips off leaving Titus to play host. Titus knows where stables have been converted into sleeping quarters and can get the newcomers a room once they have been processed.
All GMs are evil.
What foulness goads your laughter? (Pulpatoon, 03/26/14)

Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#79 Post by Nordbo »

Baruch, discreetly, to Calen & Svent in elven: "Hmm..intelligence about oriental ships; we could play our cards here....what's our policy on sharing our recent captive experience, y'all think?"

GreyWolfVT

#80 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Svent to Baruch in elven "I'm not one for talking much but.... yes I think they might like to hear the story." to Garrett in common "I'm sorry Garrett I completely forgot to take a look at your dagger for you perhaps later when we are in a place less public."

Garrett nods appreciatively

Return to “A People Divided (1e)”