OOC

Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: OOC

#21 Post by Agnati »

General question: If, for example, I purchase Mithral scale armor and no one in the party needs my current scale mail, is there a guestimated rule of what buy-back prices typically range, or do shops not buy? (Skyrim reference comes to mind. hahahahahaha)
This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.

Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#22 Post by Agnati »

Just found this.
Immediately at the top of all the forum posts, there's several links. One of which is "Subscribe Topic" which will get you the notifications without having to post something in the topic, itself. Similiarily, and in the same position, there's a "Subscribe Forum" on the main form that will give email updates to anything posted in the Black Obsidian: D&D Next forums.

-Ag

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#23 Post by Johnny Champion »

Agnati wrote:General question: If, for example, I purchase Mithral scale armor and no one in the party needs my current scale mail, is there a guestimated rule of what buy-back prices typically range, or do shops not buy? (Skyrim reference comes to mind. hahahahahaha)
DM: 1/10 of the original value is best you can get from the armorer. Uses the parts and pieces for new armor.

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#24 Post by Johnny Champion »

Agnati wrote:Just found this.
Immediately at the top of all the forum posts, there's several links. One of which is "Subscribe Topic" which will get you the notifications without having to post something in the topic, itself. Similiarily, and in the same position, there's a "Subscribe Forum" on the main form that will give email updates to anything posted in the Black Obsidian: D&D Next forums.

-Ag
DM: Good. I will try it.

Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#25 Post by Agnati »

In D&D: Next, are there any enhancements possible to a shield like spikes, etc? I didn't spot any in the documentation, but wanted to ask to make sure.

Also, how are we keeping up with who is carrying what inventory? For example, I've jotted down that I'm carrying two hippogryph eggs as well as forty teeth from the purple worms for the sake of keeping track of my weight/encumberance, but I've been wondering how many of us are accounting for the same item? How is that decided or is it up to the DM or whoever is closest or what?

Tungsten
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#26 Post by Tungsten »

I take notes of everything we find and write up a Community Chest for the encounter. I send it to Chris for verification and then we just divvy it up between the party.
Faelwen is trying desperately to track down a Bag of Holding which would make it infinitely easier to carry more stuff (without encumbrance issues!!!).

As for the Shields I haven't seen anything written up regarding modification. Tungsten just had a Reflective Shield made for him. He's run into too many Medusas and Basilisks. It cost him a pretty penny -- 500GPs!!! And you could see how useful that was against the Hippogriff riders. They had the sun to their backs and I couldn't reflect it into there eyes enough to at least temporarily blind mount or rider. FAIL. : (

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#27 Post by Johnny Champion »

Agnati wrote:In D&D: Next, are there any enhancements possible to a shield like spikes, etc? I didn't spot any in the documentation, but wanted to ask to make sure.

Also, how are we keeping up with who is carrying what inventory? For example, I've jotted down that I'm carrying two hippogryph eggs as well as forty teeth from the purple worms for the sake of keeping track of my weight/encumberance, but I've been wondering how many of us are accounting for the same item? How is that decided or is it up to the DM or whoever is closest or what?
DM: everyone is subject to random encumbrance audit. They and should keep this in mind or I will penalize the PC

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#28 Post by Johnny Champion »

Tungsten wrote:I take notes of everything we find and write up a Community Chest for the encounter. I send it to Chris for verification and then we just divvy it up between the party.
Faelwen is trying desperately to track down a Bag of Holding which would make it infinitely easier to carry more stuff (without encumbrance issues!!!).

As for the Shields I haven't seen anything written up regarding modification. Tungsten just had a Reflective Shield made for him. He's run into too many Medusas and Basilisks. It cost him a pretty penny -- 500GPs!!! And you could see how useful that was against the Hippogriff riders. They had the sun to their backs and I couldn't reflect it into there eyes enough to at least temporarily blind mount or rider. FAIL. : (
There was one in one of the dungeons but you didn't get to it

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#29 Post by Johnny Champion »

Agnati wrote:In D&D: Next, are there any enhancements possible to a shield like spikes, etc? I didn't spot any in the documentation, but wanted to ask to make sure.
you can design and describe what you want. I will tell you feasibility and where it could be done. All in character. Those purple worm teeth may be imposing on a shield

Tungsten
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#30 Post by Tungsten »

OUCH!!! DM HARNESS. Now I may never sleep again trying to figure out which Dungeon we didn't finish has a Bag of Holding in it.
Top guesses: 1) Temple of Io (Ex Pelio Chromacus) -- perhaps on the other side of that Chimera 2) Doubtful it's at the Gold Mine
3) Obviously there's Haliford 4) I think that's it -- unless the Mindflayers of Orc Island have it.

Shouldn't you be packing Lederhosen into a suitcase or something??? : P

Tungsten
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#31 Post by Tungsten »

For those with inquiring minds, current wisdom (meaning online intel) states that 50 Gold Pieces equals a Pound. So most likely most of us are gonna have to go on a shopping spree, give to the poor (like Lumiere ), convert to Gems (my vote) or invent Banking (which could be very fun too). We may want to look into a couple extra mounts or pack animals. JIC one runs off or is eaten. I also think we should look into some steel chests with awesome locks. Maybe a Ranger Alarm spell would be handy.

Handy GP Weight Guide:
1,000 GPs = 20lbs

Tungsten
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#32 Post by Tungsten »

Chris (DM) I have a copy of 3.5 Players Handbook. Lots of good info (pp 128-129). I am looking to bulk up on travel gear, etc. I figure you'll want to tweak pricing. Tungsten would like a Heavy Warhorse (400GP), a Guard Dog (25GP), Military Saddle (20GP), I want to get a quote on resizing Tranum's Chain Mail Barding to Heavy Warhorse size, I also want to invent Lojack for Mounts, Masterwork Manacles maybe two sets (50GP each, Amazing Lock (150GP). All of this is hypothetical depending on availability and cost. Hence the reason I put on the OOC.

Tungsten
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#33 Post by Tungsten »

Anybody know the Carrying Capacities for a Horse and a Warhorse???

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#34 Post by Johnny Champion »

Tungsten wrote:Anybody know the Carrying Capacities for a Horse and a Warhorse???
DM: If you have a horse, then I assume they can carry more than what you could possibly carry. I care only about how much you have on person.

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#35 Post by Johnny Champion »

Tungsten wrote:Chris (DM) I have a copy of 3.5 Players Handbook. Lots of good info (pp 128-129). I am looking to bulk up on travel gear, etc. I figure you'll want to tweak pricing. Tungsten would like a Heavy Warhorse (400GP), a Guard Dog (25GP), Military Saddle (20GP), I want to get a quote on resizing Tranum's Chain Mail Barding to Heavy Warhorse size, I also want to invent Lojack for Mounts, Masterwork Manacles maybe two sets (50GP each, Amazing Lock (150GP). All of this is hypothetical depending on availability and cost. Hence the reason I put on the OOC.
Greenhaven is a large enough town to have several stables to purchase a Heavy Warhorse. I will come up with pricing and a list of establishments in town. Let me know how much time do you wish to spend in town.

Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#36 Post by Agnati »

Johnny Champion wrote:
Tungsten wrote:Anybody know the Carrying Capacities for a Horse and a Warhorse???
DM: If you have a horse, then I assume they can carry more than what you could possibly carry. I care only about how much you have on person.
D&D Wiki wrote:Size/Type: Large Animal
Hit Dice: 4d8+12 (30 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 50 ft. (10 squares)
Armor Class: 14 (–1 size, +1 Dex, +4 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 13
Base Attack/Grapple: +3/+11
Attack: Hoof +6 melee (1d6+4)
Full Attack: 2 hooves +6 melee (1d6+4) and bite +1 melee (1d4+2)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Qualities: Low-light vision, scent
Saves: Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +2
Abilities: Str 18, Dex 13, Con 17, Int 2, Wis 13, Cha 6
Skills: Listen +5, Spot +4
Feats: Endurance, Run
Challenge Rating: 2
Alignment: Always neutral

"Carrying Capacity: A light load for a heavy warhorse is up to 300 pounds; a medium load, 301–600 pounds; and a heavy load, 601–900 pounds. A heavy warhorse can drag 4,500 pounds.

A horse not trained for war does not normally use its hooves to attack. Its hoof attack is treated as a secondary attack and adds only half the horse’s Strength bonus to damage. (These secondary attacks are noted with an asterisk in the Attack and Full Attack entries for the heavy horse and the light horse.)

A heavy warhorse can fight while carrying a rider, but the rider cannot also attack unless he or she succeeds on a Ride check."

(Reference link) All this is pending DM approval, of course.

Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#37 Post by Agnati »

It has no bearing on anything atm, but a general curiosity question: When you create your character, many of the races have a +(Int modifier) languages that you can learn off the bat. For those (or any) races, are you able to learn another language as your Int modifier increases or is that just to get you started?

-Agnati

Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#38 Post by Rhourk »

Page 6 under Intelligence, sub Languages: "If the characters int mod later increases, that increase des not grant additional languages, and a decrease does not take languages away".

Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#39 Post by Agnati »

Found this section of the site this morning for finding the exact miniature you're looking for at roughly the same prices as Amazon/ebay. $17.50 total for 2 (ship incl) - http://www.reapermini.com/FigureFinder

Tungsten
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#40 Post by Tungsten »

For future reference, when we have a stunned foe at point blank range can a Mage target Magic Missiles to shoot out their eyes?

Return to “Black Obsidian: D&D Next”