Atlas City (Max, Raven, Elsa, Professor)

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Atlas City (Max, Raven, Elsa, Professor)

#101 Post by MonkeyWrench »

I'm assuming Raven and Elsa are the two new supers? Right...?
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#102 Post by Rukellian »

MonkeyWrench wrote:I'm assuming Raven and Elsa are the two new supers? Right...?
Yes, you two are not acquainted with either professor, only Miss Cortez.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#103 Post by Zhym »

S.C.A.M.P. rushes up to Dr. Feldon and presents himself for ear scritches and doggy treats.

These two helped us get the Ichnorite and stop the bad man from making explosions! he sends. Steve is fine. He should be joining us soon.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#104 Post by Rukellian »

Zhym wrote:S.C.A.M.P. rushes up to Dr. Feldon and presents himself for ear scritches and doggy treats.

These two helped us get the Ichnorite and stop the bad man from making explosions! he sends. Steve is fine. He should be joining us soon.
Dr. Feldon gives Scamp his due rewards and nods his head in understanding. "You did a fine job Scamp, and you both have my thanks as well, the whole world does in fact." The doctor/professor (his titles seem to be interchangeable here, having taken up both in different dimensions, he's cool with that) then looks to Professor Perryton for any hints of confirmation on his end. "Mr. Perryton, do you know these individuals by chance, one of your understudies perhaps? They seem to be heroes of coincidence, but I reckon something else brought them to the chemical plant, something of importance I would imagine. Perhaps a sharing of information is in order?" Maurice Feldon speaks to everyone as he says the latter, taking an even closer look at Raven as he is spotted rummaging around the room looking for something.

Elsa gives Raven a worried look as the professor starts to ask his questions. She knows more so than everyone else how explosive Raven's past has been and the dangers that the duo have already faced and encountered. She wonders if it is really worth risking putting everyone else's lives in danger.

Miss Cortez, finally relieved that all of her friends are safe and sound for the time being, starts to unwind and pour herself a drink from fridge that just happens to be nearby. "Oh don't mind me Maurice, my nerves are just shot right now. I need to wind down some."

"B-by all means Miss Cortez *cough*" Maurice's face starts to redden some as he gets back to conversation at hand.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#105 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Raven stops momentarily in his search for what was promised to him, looking around the room he see's elsa looking at him with a worried look while the other woman drinks something and everyone is either looking away or coughing, he is not sure what just happened but decides to stop his search for the moment and add into this heavy discussion.

He walks over, giving Elsa a knowing look, reassuring her that he knows what needs to happen next. He stands in front of Dr. Feldon, his eyes staring down into his eyes, his face betrays no emotion, he searches the man for a moment more before simply saying, "Hello." He turns somewhat to Elsa and gives her a thumbs up.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#106 Post by Pulpatoon »

Let me try to get straight who is in the room: Feldon, Perryton, Miss Cortez, SCAMP, Raven, and Elsa. Max is not here, correct?

The Professor, an elderly man with a thick white mustache, dressed in tweeds, extends his hand. "It is a pleasure to meet you all, and I am eager to compare notes, as I gather we are all engaged in the same line of pursuit." To Feldon he adds, "You are speaking of the younger Mr. Arikas? No, he is not among the present company. Were you expecting him?"

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#107 Post by Rukellian »

Pulpatoon wrote:Let me try to get straight who is in the room: Feldon, Perryton, Miss Cortez, SCAMP, Raven, and Elsa. Max is not here, correct?

The Professor, an elderly man with a thick white mustache, dressed in tweeds, extends his hand. "It is a pleasure to meet you all, and I am eager to compare notes, as I gather we are all engaged in the same line of pursuit." To Feldon he adds, "You are speaking of the younger Mr. Arikas? No, he is not among the present company. Were you expecting him?"
The above persons mentioned are correct. Maximillian (Professor Perryton's apprentice/student) and Steve are not here at the moment. Steve is on his way though. Maurice Feldon does not know about the young Arikas and was expecting someone else.

"Why no, I wasn't expecting an Arikas boy. If my information is correct, which I will share with you shortly, I actually have reason to suspect the Arikas name for a great many things, not all of which is technically legal or good. How you came across such an individual is something I would very much like to know myself."

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#108 Post by Pulpatoon »

Professor: "I have known the Arikas family for a few generations, now. Your suspicions are... well, they may not be groundless. I recently experienced distinctly unethical from employees of the the family's holding firm. I cannot say whether the members of the Arikas family itself are directly involved in underhanded dealings. I am inclined to vouch for the boy, however. He is reckless and facetious, but from what I have seen, his moral rudder plies true."

Most of folks have character sheets I can look at, but could describe Miss Cortez?

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#109 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Oh, about that character sheet, you'll notice his powers and background, let me just give you and everyone here a heads up so we don't make an IC flop. Raven openly uses his teleportation power, he currently has a rocket launcher strapped to his shoulder and a combat rifle he picked up from the guards at the facility we just came from. He wears a heavy trenchcoat he found which hides his wings, only Elsa(Permafrost) knows he has them.

Not even he knows he has mind control yet, I have been waiting for a cool time to do it but so far he has gotten by with stealth tactics and teleportation.

His personality can best be described as Dr. Manhatten from the Watchmen, cut off from the whole emotion thing so all he can try to do is talk and act like those around him and what he hears/reads, his words come off as kind of monotone though and everything is stiff and has no enthusiasm behind it, currently he has learned of the thumbs up, so he is doing that a lot to try and blend in.

Hope this helps everyone out!

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#110 Post by Rukellian »

Pulpatoon wrote:Most of folks have character sheets I can look at, but could describe Miss Cortez?
The person known as Miss. Cortez is actually Steve Sanderson's contact that he chose in place of skill. Her name is Prof. Daisy 'Bubbles' Cortez, and she is one of the founding members of the flicker project, the one that helped build and oversee Steve's suit. She is a close friend of Steve Sanderson and is on friendly terms with Maurice Feldon and Scamp, well, on the surface that is. Not much else is known about her, whether she is a super or is from this dimension or not, but one thing is for sure, she looks up to Professor Feldon as student in Robotics.

The group exchanges hellos and introductions and further acquaints themselves with each other. Much information is indeed shared and Steve arrives for this session as well, much to Maurice Feldon's relief. It is at this time that all cards are laid out on the table for all to see, metaphorically speaking, and Elsa/Permafrost trusts those around her enough to relate the events that took place in the abandoned mountainside complex.

It is at this time that I will allow you all to look over each other's beginning arcs, to bring yourselves up to speed with what happened and what was learned. The ones that I will prohibit you all from reading will be Blake Haye's Start, Symbiosis' Ambitions, To Have an Army at your fingertips, and Face of Cowardice, Mark of Courage. Those bolded in red are all villian arcs.
Monkeywrench, heed the warning that I gave you about LG, that is all.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#111 Post by Pulpatoon »

That's a lot of reading! I can't wait to check out these other threads!

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#112 Post by MonkeyWrench »

no worries from me ruke, I don't meta.
did Elsa give all information about the mountain complex? Such as how she met Raven and the relationship between him and hot streak?

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#113 Post by Rukellian »

MonkeyWrench wrote:no worries from me ruke, I don't meta.
did Elsa give all information about the mountain complex? Such as how she met Raven and the relationship between him and hot streak?
From what I can remember, your character doesn't know much about hot streak other than that he might of been a friend in a past life, and that he is currently a thorn in your side. The details surrounding the mountain complex mission are brought up as well as any relevant actions that happened afterwards. Elsa doesn't touch base on what she knows about Raven and his past life. She is leaving that up to him, considering that it is personal information.

Though, with most of the threads now open for reading, you will have to keep certain things learned to yourselves until it is introduced in-game on a current thread. (Players know one thing, characters may not)

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#114 Post by Rukellian »

You guys can post when you are ready to. I understand that it is a sizeable amount of information to go through and process. If there are any questions about the information shared amongst supers, make sure to ask them through your characters, keep it in-game. Thank you.;)

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#115 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Is Miss. Cortez the lady that told Elsa and Raven to go to the complex?

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#116 Post by Rukellian »

MonkeyWrench wrote:Is Miss. Cortez the lady that told Elsa and Raven to go to the complex?
Miss. Cortez was the lady that told Elsa and Raven to help save her friends in the abandoned chemical plant/factory. The mountainside complex was an independent investigation made by Elsa and Raven much earlier in the campaign.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#117 Post by Rukellian »

While the group discusses past experiences and retells their stories from different viewpoints, Miss. Cortez whistles at Raven to get his attention and then tosses something at him. It is a sword found in a sheath, the one that she promised him. "We originally made it for Steve, to go with this Flicker suit, but he was dead set against using any sort of threatening looking weapons or whatnot. I didn't have the heart to force it on to him so I think you will make better use of it." She ends in a wink as she goes back to taking notes with her clipboard, hovering over Steve as she makes her observations and questions him.
vibroblade.jpg
vibroblade.jpg (18.78 KiB) Viewed 780 times
"So tell me please, how well did the suit perform Steve? That black market stunt was the first field test under its belt and..." She pulls out some sort of scanning device from a coat pocket and starts to collect information that way. "Well, the data from this device will explain a lot, but it is another thing entirely to here it from the person himself. Your whole body was expanding and shrinking within the confindes of that suit, correct? And at some point, you must of used the disc gun to transport yourself. How did all of that feel, leave you feeling? Headaches, nausea, disorientation.... something else?"

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#118 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Raven checks over the sword, pulling it out of it's sheath and inspecting the blade. He goes over it in incredible detail before putting it back into it's sheath and slipping it between his belt and pants while trying not to move his coat too much.

He looks over at Elsa, "Elsa, I have a sword. Today is a good day." He gives Miss Cortez a wink back, thinking it is a way to say thank you or good job from her previous use of it moments ago.

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#119 Post by PyroArrow »

Steve Sanderson [Flicker]:
"So tell me please, how well did the suit perform Steve? That black market stunt was the first field test under its belt and..." She pulls out some sort of scanning device from a coat pocket and starts to collect information that way. "Well, the data from this device will explain a lot, but it is another thing entirely to here it from the person himself. Your whole body was expanding and shrinking within the confindes of that suit, correct? And at some point, you must of used the disc gun to transport yourself. How did all of that feel, leave you feeling? Headaches, nausea, disorientation.... something else?"
"Oh, the suit performed quite well actually, Miss Cortez, & I held up pretty good."
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#120 Post by Rukellian »

PyroArrow wrote:Steve Sanderson [Flicker]:
"Oh, the suit performed quite well actually, Miss Cortez, & I held up pretty good."
She looks up from her scanner and smiles with reassurance. "I'm glad to hear that Steve. You don't know how worried I was when you were gone for such a long period of time... I thought that just like your friends you'd just dissapear. I'm also glad that this ice lady and Raven fellow arrived when they did." Her eyes wander back to Raven as she finishes her statement, looking just a bit too long at his cool yet emotionless face. "A-Anyways. The data checks out. No transferential loss occured during your disc transports, which means that everything inside stayed inside *laughs*. Maurice and I were worried that using quantum teleportation was still too early of a concept using our current technology, of course, with every new idea and invention put to use, we will always worry."

She places her hand on Steve's shoulder and says with a smile, "We are one step closer in figuring out who killed all of our friends, and putting an end to this! Your doing a good job Steve, and now we have more friends to back us up on this."

Return to “Rebirth of Power: a 4c system game”