Atlas City (Max, Raven, Elsa, Professor)

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Atlas City (Max, Raven, Elsa, Professor)

#41 Post by Rukellian »

Pulpatoon wrote:Professor Perryton sits down while waiting for Joseph Arikas to arrange introductions. He looks around wistfully for a teapot.
Joseph notices the professor's glance and nods his head as he pushes a button on his desk. The attendant's voice comes in and asks what she can do for Mr. Arikas. "Tea for our guest, thank you," he states plainly without emotion, a voice that reflected his business at hand. After about a minute of waiting, the attendant comes in with a tray of said tea, and the professor's personally stained mug. Joseph then nods to the attendant, saying that that would be all. No words needed to be said though, all of this was understood with a nod of the head and aura that Mr. Arikas exuded. The man then turns to the professor and says in a bit of a frank tone, "I apologize for not being as hospitable at the moment. As you can see, it has been quite the stressful couple of days and most of these events have been out of the blue and almost out of my control." The stress hanged heavy in his voice as he said this, his mental exhaustion apparent.

As the professor sets up his drink, Joseph hands the phone over to the professor. "I managed to get in contact with his Maurice Sheldon. Here."
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by Pulpatoon »

Before taking the phone, The Professor says to Mr. Arikas. "I understand, Joseph. Remember, you don't need to shoulder it alone."

Into the phone, he says, "Professor Perryton speaking. Is this Maurice Feldon? It is absolutely urgent that we meet."

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by Rukellian »

Pulpatoon wrote:Before taking the phone, The Professor says to Mr. Arikas. "I understand, Joseph. Remember, you don't need to shoulder it alone."

Into the phone, he says, "Professor Perryton speaking. Is this Maurice Feldon? It is absolutely urgent that we meet."
"Professor Perryton? The Perryton who has created the foundation for the new radical study on extra-planar zoology? But wait, if you are calling me with this line, then-" Professor Sheldon stops short in his own sentence, a short gasp escaping, just faint enough for Perryton to hear. After a moment of silence, which the professor graciously permitted, Maurice Feldon speaks up again, this time with a tone heavy in caution and half-secrecy. "You must be aware of the new 'organism' that has entered our biosphere, and the dangers it represents. I would like to speak with you more on this subject in my own lab, but under better circumstances. I am aware that Mr. Arikas of Arikas Shipping is not educated in such fields and will only know so much about it. You, professor, I can deal with. I currently have someone out to collect a sample of the 'organism' in question. When I have it under my care, we can talk about this more at length."

What follows after the message from Maurice Feldon is a set of instructions leading the professor to the labratory in question.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by Pulpatoon »

The Professor returns the phone to Mr. Arikas, sets down his tea, and heads out the door, in half-mumbled conversation with himself, having forgotten so much as to say goodbye.

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by PyroArrow »

Maximillian Arikas - Aether:
Rukellian wrote:And without even letting his own son reply, Joseph flips open a cellphone and speed dials someone, turning his attention to the professor as he speaks. "Now, let us see if I can secure an appointment with the persons that I spoke of earlier, yes?"

Now leaves his Dad's office for the chemical plant!
Last edited by PyroArrow on Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by Rukellian »

PyroArrow wrote:Maximillian Arikas - Aether:

To Professor:
"Uhmm, do you need me to come with you, Professor?"
It is assumed that you followed Joseph's orders and headed towards the chemical plant in question. You got the professor's silent approval on this and you left before the phone call. You are currently in front of the plant looking to see if the professor caught up with you or not.

Please read the earlier post with the picture for reference. You are now in the same time line as Elsa and Raven, two other players. You may interact with them as you see fit.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by Pulpatoon »

Heroes independently converging on the same spot? You know what that means: FIGHT!

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by Pulpatoon »

The Professor grabs a cab to meet Feldon. He googles Feldon on the way over. After he gets some general information, he'll hit up the academic databases to skim through any papers Feldon may have published.

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by PyroArrow »

While awaiting the Professor outside of the Chemical plant Max notices a Vehicle approaching.
Max is momentarily confused on whether he should stay put or take off, not sure if the Professor got a ride or if it's security muscle, but decides to stay put & wait.
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :

Player:

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by Rukellian »

Pulpatoon wrote:The Professor grabs a cab to meet Feldon. He googles Feldon on the way over. After he gets some general information, he'll hit up the academic databases to skim through any papers Feldon may have published.
The internet has plenty of information on the man's achievements, but not much on the man himself save a few comments and observations from his colleagues.

One of North America's Polytechnic Institute's most notable recent graduates. His thesis won the National Inventor's Prize in mechanical engineering while still only in his early 20's. Maurice turned down a number of lucrative research jobs to work on a top-secret project, which many speculated must have had something to do with his much-loved field of robotics. Despite his devotion to his research, Maurice liked to get out of the lab when he could, spending time with his adopted pet dog named Scamp. Among his many hobbies he included a bit of amateur sleuthing, and he especially liked to dig into science- and technology-based villainy.

Now at the age of 70, he has finished his federally funded robotics research, culminating in the S.C.A.M.P. project, a name in honor of his faithful companion in his early years. He is considered one of the top minds of the century is responsible for the creation of other devices that deal in the realm of Advanced Quantum Teleportation and has published a series of scientific journals on his theories and improvements on the system.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Raven exits the vehicle, spotting the young man near the entrance he approaches calmly. After getting about 20 feet from the young man Raven will scan the building before letting his eyes rest on the young man, "Are you the one in trouble? Do you have a sword?" After a moment Raven adds, still in a calm voice, "These questions are important, life or death situation."

For the record, Raven as a character is seen as a tallish man with shaggy hair and an always calm demeaner. He is wearing a large trenchcoat and is carrying what seems to be a Rocket Launcher, the word "Daisy" is written on the side in what could be marker or crayon. It can be assumed that unless told differently, every answer is in the same calm tone; telling seriousness from sarcasm is almost impossible.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by Rukellian »

MonkeyWrench wrote:Raven exits the vehicle, spotting the young man near the entrance he approaches calmly. After getting about 20 feet from the young man Raven will scan the building before letting his eyes rest on the young man, "Are you the one in trouble? Do you have a sword?" After a moment Raven adds, still in a calm voice, "These questions are important, life or death situation."

For the record, Raven as a character is seen as a tallish man with shaggy hair and an always calm demeaner. He is wearing a large trenchcoat and is carrying what seems to be a Rocket Launcher, the word "Daisy" is written on the side in what could be marker or crayon. It can be assumed that unless told differently, every answer is in the same calm tone; telling seriousness from sarcasm is almost impossible.
Elsa's eyes widen as Raven starts to interrogate the man with a rocket launcher. She quickly rushes over and tries to fix this situation. Smiling she puts her hand on Raven's shoulder and looks to the young man as she tries to explain what's going on. "I'm so sorry, he's a bit eccentric, but a good guy, really!" She tightens her grip on Raven's shoulder, freezing it slightly while she grits her teeth in a forced grin. "We were sent here to investigate this warehouse, under the pretense that some people may be in danger! Do you know anything about this?"
cold shoulder.jpg
cold shoulder.jpg (34.49 KiB) Viewed 581 times

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Raven looks at his now slightly iced shoulder and decides to let Elsa do the talking then, he quietly whispers to her, "Don't forget the sword"

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by Pulpatoon »

The Professor feels much better about meeting Feldon now that he has some information to go on. He pockets his phone and looks to see if the cab is nearing his destination, yet.

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by PyroArrow »

Seeing a tall fellow in a trenchcoat exit the vehicle carrying a rocket laucher, Max, gulps & listens as the fellow speaks.

"Uhmm, actually no, i was sent here to investigate."

"I don't have a sword, sorry."

Max sees the girl rush over to the tall fellow.

"I was sent here to investigate an apparent theft, Mam."

"If you are wondering why then am I just standing around, it is because i am awaiting someone."

Player:

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Raven looks over the man calmly, "Should have brought a sword..." He then turns to Elsa, "Do we wait here with him or do we go in ourselves? They're here about a robbery and we're here about missing people."

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#57 Post by PyroArrow »

"A sword?, eh, no need to go all medieval on me man."

"So, people you know went missing, coming here?"

"I am awaiting Professor Perryton, i do not know if you know of him?"

Player:

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by Rukellian »

Elsa looks to the young man and listens to his story as Raven gives their own. She then nods and extends a hand to the young man. "I do not personally know this Professor Perryton person, but I think we can help each other out here. You are investigating a robbery, we are investigating a missing person case, perhaps it is one in the same?"

She then turns to Raven and says in an irritated tone. "Cool it with the sword business already! You already have a 'Daisy', and the lady in the labcoat said that she would give you a sword if you help her. I'm pretty sure this random stranger does not have her sword. By the way," she then turns to the young man as she asks, "you have not introduced yourself and neither have we. My name is Permafrost, and this here is Raven. I guess you could say we are new at this hero business, and you are?"

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#59 Post by PyroArrow »

"Aether"
"Is the lady in a labcoat the one sitting in the other car? Does she work here?"

Player:

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by Rukellian »

Permafrost just shrugs as Aether mentions the lady. "We don't know much about her. She did seem to make it sound very urgent though, something about not hearing from her friend for over a day while investigating this place..." Permafrost's face starts to show heavy concern as well as a healthy does of fright, the weight of the situation finally sinking in. "We need to hurry!"

She then looks to both Raven and Aether as she says this. "If someone has gone missing for a whole day while investigating an abandoned chemical plant..." She shakes her head in frustration before she even finishes and rushes to the door. "It's open! Are you guys with me?"

Return to “Rebirth of Power: a 4c system game”