To have an army at your fingertips.... (Blake Hayes sequel)

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

To have an army at your fingertips.... (Blake Hayes sequel)

#1 Post by Rukellian »

You will continue the arc Symbiosis' Ambitions here, in this new thread.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: To have an army at your fingertips.... (Blake Hayes sequ

#2 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Alright. Blake "Hey Sym. About that earlier conversation, can we make my smart phone untracable and send a virus out to the last person I called? Also the pack is great just need to recharge it or perhaps expand it to have a backup charge source. I don't know thats more your domain. Oh and I'll start a chess game with you anytime. Anything I can do for you at this time?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Rukellian »

The villianous trio arrive at the abandoned building headquarters and access the hidden elevator once more. Everything is left untouched to Symbiosis' satisfaction. As they enter the main computer room connected to the elevator entrance, Vorpal makes a b-line to his room mentions something about grabbing a bite to eat. "Hey Sym. About that earlier conversation, can we make my smart phone untracable and send a virus out to the last person I called? Also the pack is great just need to recharge it or perhaps expand it to have a backup charge source. I don't know thats more your domain. Oh and I'll start a chess game with you anytime. Anything I can do for you at this time?"

"Your enthusiasm is noted, on multiple accounts. I could easily do something such as plant a virus, however, I suspect that the heroes you have been tormenting have caught on to your petty game and found a new phone." He checks Hot Streak's tablet and looks through the caller id's listed. He performs a secure satellite connection to see if he can pinpoint the other phone's whereabouts using this information. Nothing. "Either they let their phone battery die, or they went and replaced it with a new one. Creating living viruses that can hunt down its targets is not my domain, that would be Hard Reboots' field of expertise, and we both know that he is one of those fancy lunar lock down facilities right now."

Symbiosis then pulls up one of this holographically flying computer monitors and takes it with him as walks down a corridor with Hot Streak. Typing on a floating keyboard in front of him made of hard light, he speaks of the pyro pack. "Once I finalize my research on the red ichnorite shard, I will be able to make multiple improvements on the pack, as well as my army. It's been a long day for you two. I suggest you find a bed and sleep in it, if that's what mutants do now-a-days. You will need your strength for what I have planned for you tomorrow. Suffice to say, you will be field testing some of m- our new soldiers."
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

GreyWolfVT

#4 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Blake waves a hand at Symboisis sarcastically and walks off in search of a room to claim.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

GreyWolfVT

#5 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Blake has little else to do right now so he finds one of the biggest rooms that does not appear to be claimed likely a room near to Vorpal. He might pay Vorpal a visit eventually but for now a room with a computer in it so that he can go online to setup a chess game online for Symboisis and himself.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Rukellian »

As Hot Streak secures himself a room with a table top computer, he can hear just across the hallway the shouts of a very angry Vorpal. "WHAT THE HELL!?! WHO TOOK MY F---'N POP TARTS?!?!" Blake just shakes his head with a smile as he boots up chess.com and logs into his account. Symbiosis mentioned something about having the username of Rukellian... strange name. He types it in regardless.
(My account name is Rukellian on the site, look me up!)

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Rukellian »

After the chess match for fun is over, Hot Streak retires for the night and wakes in the morning to find Vorpal pounding on his door. It looks like it didn't take long for him to find out where you were crashing for the night. "Look, don't play dumb with me!! I KNOW you were the one that took those Poptarts, MY POPTARTS!!!" (What a lovely wake up call, don't you think? ;) ) Vorpal still fumes over his lost pastries and does not sound like he will move from the door any time soon.

GreyWolfVT

#8 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Blake "Vorpal Symboisis gave them to me when I asked if there was anything to eat here. Boy and Sym thinks I have a temper, my but so does his right hand man." Blake tosses the box at Vorpal there is still almost a full box. "I didn't really care for em much so quit your freak out."

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Rukellian »

Vorpal snatches the box away and double checks its contents. He then looks to Hot Streak, still half-glaring. "You'd be angry too if someone got into your only food supply. Bet he didn't even show you the other food that he has, not that you would touch that freaky s--t anyways, I know I wouldn't. Oh and the big green man wants to see you outside. Said something about getting started with the testing or whatever."

GreyWolfVT

#10 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Blake "Hmm yes well there is no rest for the wicked. Next time let me be the hot head will you Vorpal?" he chuckles and gets dressed and heads out looking for Sym.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Rukellian »

When you appear outside the headquarters, Symbiosis is waiting for you with a digital tablet in his hands. "Hope you rested well, we've got a big day ahead of us, well, at least I do. I'm sure fending off hordes of ichnorite zombie soldiers will be a cake walk for you, right? Right, I thought so, this way..." He doesn't even give you time to reply, as if he were on a time limit of some sorts, or simply that your opinion didn't matter to him in the first place.

Leading you to another abandoned looking building, you two arrive in the front yard. The building wraps around you on 3 sides and just from looking at things externally you can guess that this was a hotel, once upon a time. In the court before you, you notice that the ground has been littered with sandbag piles, various jutting pieces of large metal, and other obstructions fit for battlefield. Without even having to ask, you can guess that this is your testing arena. During the walk to this destination, you two also go over the game you had last night with great enthusiasm. It would seem as if Symbiosis appreciated the level of strategy that Hot Streak implemented in their game, took him by surprise it did.
close up on abandoned island structure.jpg
close up on abandoned island structure.jpg (124.74 KiB) Viewed 1066 times
"Today, we will be testing the capabilities of my new line soldiers, fresh out of the lab. They have proven to be quite effecient in killing things, but I have yet to learn how well they work in groups, how well they adjust to new environs. You will be the guinea pig of sorts, armed of course with your flamethrowers. The objective will be simple, the restrictions also so. Survive for as long as you can. Use any means you think necessary, but on one condition, you cannot leave this building's perimeter. If you try, well, I advise for you not to. I will give you a 5 minute head start. Any questions?"

GreyWolfVT

#12 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Blake looks at Sym like you have got to be s--ting me. "On one condition Vorpal goes in with me."

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by Rukellian »

"Fine, Vorpal goes in with you. You won't start off together though. Rarely do you get to pick your own fights, especially when dealing with supers, you best remember that. Though this may be a controlled environment, out there, in the cities where we will be tearing down, some things are just going to be out of my hands, perhaps unfair at times. Learn to do deal with it soon, make it so that this isn't the case, and that you are always prepared for those odds."

Symbiosis then produces a new pack for Hot Streak. "It is of similiar design and usage, but the supply is full on this one and it won't blow up so easily." After Hot Streak arms the gauntlets and pack, Symbiosis then pushes a button on the tablet and a energy wall wraps around the place, the same kind of barrier that Blake saw on the mutated island. "Your 5 minutes begins now. Oh and don't worry, Vorpal will be there." He ends in a twisted grin.

GreyWolfVT

#14 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Blake "I know how it is in the real world all to well Sym. You appear to forget I was out there killing supers long before I bumped into you. I merely wanted Vorpal here so we can compete on kills." he says with a sadistic grin all of his own. "Thanks for the new pack, does this one hold the same charge number or more?"

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by Rukellian »

Busy day today, I will provide an update tomorrow morning after I get back from work. (night shift hours and all that)

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Rukellian »

"4 minutes and 56 seconds.... yeah, same amount of charges, 20. Time is ticking."

The doors open up automatically as Symbiosis says this, the front ones at the end of the obstacle course.

For now, I will refrain from using a map of a hotel and just describe everything as you go, present to you the options you have and all that. Sound good?

GreyWolfVT

#17 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sounds good to me. ;)

Blake spits at Sym's feet then enters the building.
Last edited by GreyWolfVT on Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Rukellian »

A dilapidated entrance room stands before you. Chairs thrown aside, half broken down, a chandelier hanging lopsided from the ceiling (as if it were about to fall down), worn carpets and moldy walls, a sign in desk that is also falling apart, and various other things that you would expect to find in such a lobby. The lights are on, however, flickering at best. Apparently electricity is being run through this arena. There are 5 different pathways to choose from: a walking corridor on your immediate left and right, leading to rooms and janitorial closets, two staircases that spiral slightly on each side of the room, leading to more rooms and other supply areas, and a set of double doors in the back of the room, leading to a hallway full of other doors. (The room is symmetrical in appearance and the pathways are in the corners of the rooms.)

GreyWolfVT

#19 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Blake heads up one of the stairs on the right of the room. Moving slowly and quietly listening for sounds of zombies? :shock:

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by Rukellian »

As you silently move up the stairs to the right, you see no signs of the zombies soldiers that Symbiosis spoke of. All is clear at the moment. On the second level of, you see a balcony area to your immediate left, overlooking the front lobby. Across from this balcony is a windowed wall showing an abandoned outdoor swimming pool area. From the stair case, you face a wall to your north and path ways leading to hotel rooms on your left and right. The pathways are short walking corridors with windowed walls on each side.

Return to “Rebirth of Power: a 4c system game”