Chapter 9 : Where Evil Lurks

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Chapter 9 : Where Evil Lurks

#21 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Strongarm "Well so much for my idea of trying to harm the things in there by throwing the wall debris in the pit."

For the DM:[1d100] = 93[1d20] = 19[1d10] = 6[1d8] = 5[1d6] = 2[1d4] = 2
Last edited by GreyWolfVT on Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Majik
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#22 Post by Majik »

"So, I'm guessing the gods aren't listening to your prayers? Would one of you please do the honours and remove the skull from the good doctor?" Gilnes says whilst watches the far tunnel over the pit, gaging his jumping skills and possible succes, of a leap.

For the DM: [1d100] = 93[1d20] = 1[1d10] = 10[1d8] = 1[1d6] = 3[1d4] = 4
Everyday I'm hustlin, everyday I'm hustlin
Everyday I'm, everyday I'm, everyday I'm hustlin

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#23 Post by Stonjuz »

OK , here's my attempt at a map.
It said secret doors, but im making them detectable by the sewerman and the thief, so.......

starting in the south, traveling north
teh secret door symbol south of the pit is where you currently are......
east and west are blocked
Attachments
cult complex 2.jpg
cult complex 2.jpg (85.71 KiB) Viewed 1120 times

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#24 Post by Stonjuz »

Talaseka stands without expression other than disgust and asks, "Burn them?"

GreyWolfVT

#25 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Strongarm "If you think burning them will work then let us try that. My two attempts have failed to do anything to them."
Last edited by GreyWolfVT on Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by Rukellian »

:lol: I love how you are going about this situation so casually.

The doctor starts to groan as he starts to lose too much blood, the fanged teeth of the flying skull clenching its jaws tighter and tighter as it resists the bashing of a hammer (Stonjuz didn't say othrwise...). The doctor tries to muster the necessary strength to pry it loose with his one free arm, but.....

[1d100] = 14 [1d20] = 16 [1d10] = 8 [1d8] = 6 [1d6] = 1 [1d4] = 3 With a score of 10 muscle, I assume that was a failed attempt?

his struggle is all for not.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#27 Post by Stonjuz »

With strength and steel, the clenching bones are removed from the doctor. He can see the wound (max damage from each bite is 2 damage) but is just as interested in the instrument of such (more for the collection back home?) it now functions much like the old wind up toys (clattering teeth) as it still seems intent on attacking the good members present unless/untilthe party members bring it to final rest.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by Rukellian »

The doctor will hold the skull to the ground, preventing it from attacking anything else. If Strongarm would be so inclined, he could smash it without it getting away. Still, there seems to be a whole pit of those things just waiting for a goody two shoe character to come near...

Once Fezuul is free from the immediate threat, he will treat his wound, bandaging it up after cleaning it with a little alcohol. Healing Proficiency Ministration [1d3] = 3

[1d100] = 38 [1d20] = 14 [1d10] = 6 [1d8] = 8 [1d6] = 3 [1d4] = 4

The doctor will have to find safer specimens of bone to study upon later, one's that wont leap out and attack him! He will help in trying to find a way across or the pit.

So, if I am looking at the map properly... we are on the bottom of it, just below the skeleton picture? You mentioned that the western and eastern passages are blocked off. Is that you just modifying the map to your campaign, or is literally blocked in-game? For some reason, I'm having a hard time figuring it out.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

GreyWolfVT

#29 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Last edited by GreyWolfVT on Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Majik
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#30 Post by Majik »

Gilnes examines the walls to formulate the best way to climb-walls to the other side of the pit.

For the DM: [1d100] = 49[1d20] = 11[1d10] = 4[1d8] = 3[1d6] = 4[1d4] = 4

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#31 Post by Stonjuz »

grey_starr wrote:*Putting away his sword to look through his pack*... I've got a grappling hook, 4 spikes and 50 feet rope.*setting it out*.... I'm sure burning would work - but I am concerned that it would be slow and hot. Perhaps once past we can burn them, slow down followers and clear our return.
Majik wrote:Gilnes examines the walls to formulate the best way to climb-walls to the other side of the pit.
The pipes that Gil once used for escape are missing, but the ring-mount holes are still in place and he soon finds himself across, preparing the rope for the others.

GreyWolfVT

#32 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Strongarm "Nice work Gil. Now lets how all of us are as skilled to get over. he said with a wink and a smile at the end of his little speech. Strongarm puts away his tools and stops throwing debris into the pit. Looks at the Doc "Hey you all right Doc?"

Stonjuz did the skull get smashed off of the good Doctor?

Majik
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#33 Post by Majik »

Gilnes secures the rope, and then drops into an elegant bow fit for court, "Twas nothing dear friends... nothing anyother gifted Elf couldn't have done." he finishes with a jesting laugh.

For the DM: [1d100] = 12[1d20] = 8[1d10] = 3[1d8] = 7[1d6] = 3[1d4] = 4

GreyWolfVT

#34 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Strongarm "Well I hope dwarves are as lucky." he says before he readies to attempt the same move.

For the DM:[1d100] = 79[1d20] = 17[1d10] = 8[1d8] = 7[1d6] = 6[1d4] = 2

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by Rukellian »

So... we are climbing a rope, hanging from above, across the pit? Double checking here before I state any actions.

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#36 Post by Stonjuz »

Rukellian wrote:So... we are climbing a rope, hanging from above, across the pit? Double checking here before I state any actions.
As I am picturing it.....more like a single rope bridge, swinging underneath, like monkey bars....or clinging to the walls , attemptng a spiderclimb.
either way is gonna require strength and dex checks

Talaseka looks down at her full plate and equipment.....and frowns.

GreyWolfVT

#37 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Strongarm attempts to get over by the rope hanging underneath it. STR Check[1d20] = 12 Dex Check[1d20] = 16

STR pass DEX fail

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by Rukellian »

If Strongarm looks like he is going to fall into the pit while doing so, Fezuul will lunge forward to try and grab him before he falls any further!

[1d100] = 48 [1d20] = 10 [1d10] = 7 [1d8] = 2 [1d6] = 1 [1d4] = 4

Majik
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#39 Post by Majik »

Gilnes watches in horror as Strongarm wavers crossing the pit. :o

And even more so as the doctor attempts to steady the dwarf. :shock:

For the DM: [1d100] = 98[1d20] = 9[1d10] = 4[1d8] = 7[1d6] = 3[1d4] = 2

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#40 Post by Stonjuz »

The dwarf cannot manage to keep his feet high enough out of the bones area of attack.
As Gilnes assists to pull him from the other side of the pit, two skulls have attached themselves to his boots and legs
(3 damage)

Return to “The Inn of the Unseen Servant - Greyhawk 2.5e”