The Descent

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Descent

#1001 Post by Rukellian »

The gnome grunts a bit as he gets up, but the sight of shiny objects makes the pain almost non-existent. Now next to the opened chest, he peers inside as best he can and nods approvingly with a wide smile. "This will go a long way towards helping the town back up on its feet!" Ruken looks back over at the desk and eyes the drawer. "Any luck with that over there? Need my pick axe to pry it loose?"
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#1002 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Joven "Greg did you find something a key maybe under the mattress?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1003 Post by MonkeyWrench »

After moving everything off Gregorius holds up the key, "Strange.. I did find a key. Let us pray to the Gods that this is the correct one." He walks over to Joven and the chest, handing him the key.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

GreyWolfVT

#1004 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Joven tries the key on the chest first then if it does not work he will try the desk if there is a keyhole that the key fits in.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1005 Post by wolfpack »

the chest was unlocked and already opened. it is what contained the coin.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1006 Post by ravenn4544 »

any other exits in this room?

Oralorn will search the walls for any unusual signs of concealed or secret doors.

OOC: There are a few passages we bypassed following the tracks to here. I'll try and get a map update tonight.

GreyWolfVT

#1007 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sorry I had forgotten that.

Joven feeling a bit out of sorts with his near death recently experienced takes the key and tries to unlock and open the desk drawers.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1008 Post by wolfpack »

the drawer clicks as it unlocks, inside you find parchment, ink bottles and quill, a map showing local common trade routes, and a blue leather bound book .

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1009 Post by ravenn4544 »

"What have we here...", Oralorn mutters as he eyes the book. He'll examine the book without picking it up first. If nothing unusual is observed his curiousity will get the better of him and he'll pick it up, examine the outside, then open the cover and peruse...

GreyWolfVT

#1010 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Joven takes out the map "This might be of great use. Find anything good in that book Oralorn?" Joven then takes the key to the rest of the desk drawers if there are anymore.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1011 Post by wolfpack »

opening the book the words seem distorted ot oralorn.

It looks almost like hisown spell book, but he can't quit understand the spells.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1012 Post by Rukellian »

wolfpack wrote:opening the book the words seem distorted ot oralorn.

It looks almost like hisown spell book, but he can't quit understand the spells.
Ruken the gnome is interested in this book that Oralorn is holding, naturally, considering his dabbling into illusionary magics. When the mage is done, he will hobble towards him and ask to see it himself, his hands extending palms up.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1013 Post by ravenn4544 »

Oralorn hands the book to Ruk "It appears magical in nature, but I can not make this out at all... it is not readily apparent to be of arane nature... what say you, Ruk?"

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1014 Post by Rukellian »

ravenn4544 wrote:Oralorn hands the book to Ruk "It appears magical in nature, but I can not make this out at all... it is not readily apparent to be of arane nature... what say you, Ruk?"
Ruken will compare the texts and or pictures to the ones in his own book, seeing whether he understands any of it himself.

For anything else... [1d100] = 38 [1d20] = 20 [1d10] = 3 [1d8] = 5 [1d6] = 1

GreyWolfVT

#1015 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Joven "You know clerics also have a magic that mages cannot read. Or at least that is my understanding, let our cleric give it a try."

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1016 Post by wolfpack »

Ruk immediately recognizes the pages as illusionary magic.

spending a few minutes looking at the index the spells in the book are

1st level: Change Self, Wall of Fog, Detect Invisibility
2nd level: Ventriloquism, Blur

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1017 Post by Rukellian »

The gnome grows excited as he recognizes the contents within the book! He calls everyone over in this excitement, and explains to them what he has read. "This books is full of illusionary magics, my hunch was correct. Either the demons have been using these spells to their own twisted ends, or....." Ruken looks to the woman on laying on the ground and shakes his head. "or some humans have been pulling the hood over our eyes all along! I would like to think that the people we are helping are genuine, but I know more than anyone here what illusionary magics are used for. To trick, decieve, frighten, persuade and distract among other things.... none of which are entirely honest."

GreyWolfVT

#1018 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Joven "I've had my suspicions Ruk I just never wanted to open say it."

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1019 Post by Rukellian »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Joven "I've had my suspicions Ruk I just never wanted to open say it."
The gnome's eyes widen as he responds to his new friend Joven. "Well I'm openly saying it now! I've been beaten and nearly killed too many times for me to feel any pity for these people right now. I know, it ain't right saying such things considering what they've gone through, but..." The gnome kicks the ground before him in frustration and winces in pain. "I guess we will see when we return." Ruken close the book and tucks it away, rambling on quietly to himself, something about honey and what not.

GreyWolfVT

#1020 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Joven "I know friend, I hate even thinking it but it is becoming a bit more of a possibility the more we are at this task."

Return to “Kingdoms and Dungeon Crawls”