Symbiosis' Ambitions (Blake Hayes' sequel arc)

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Symbiosis' Ambitions (Blake Hayes' sequel arc)

#1 Post by Rukellian »

The helicopter ride to their next destination is silent and uneventful. Symbiosis and Hot Streak both are still testing their limits, seeing how far they can go with each other in this mutual partnership, an akward silence broken only a few times by a sarcastic question or subtle interrogation. No progress was made however as the big green man held on to his wits, not giving in to any of Hot Streak's commentary. Hot Streak too, in his own way, deflected Symbiosis' statements, not letting the man's arrogance or superiority complex get the better of him either.

After about a couple hours of travel over pacific ocean, Hot Streak starts to see a massive island in the distance. Almost tropical from the looks of it. No it was tropical, but something was off. As they flew in closer, he was finally able to determine why it looked strange, the whole island was mutated! Like some sort of alien landscape terraforming, the whole place had an eerie feel to it as he gazed upon what used to be trees and rock formations. Green slime and mutated trees took its place, green and blue crystalline structures jutting out of cliffsides and rock formations on the ground. It was as if he was stepping into an alien world.

Symbiosis, looking out of one of the side view windows himself, is not as surprised as Hot Streak. He nods every so often and makes mental notes to himself, muttering some out loud. The words that were heard though are not of Hot Streak's vocabulary and it completely goes over his head. They contiue to fly over this mutated island, and start to descend to a seemingly normal coastal area, still untouched by the alien effect. A building can be spotted a short walk away from the helipad, a research facility or something like that from the looks of things. Symbiosis starts to head there with a swift walk, as if they were on a time limit.
ichnorite island.jpg
ichnorite island.jpg (186.35 KiB) Viewed 1129 times
ichnorite landscape coastal.png
ichnorite landscape coastal.png (792.26 KiB) Viewed 1129 times
island helipad.jpg
island helipad.jpg (40.46 KiB) Viewed 1129 times
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Symbiosis' Ambitions (Blake Hayes' sequel arc)

#2 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hot Streak aka Blake Hayes proceeds to follow Symbiosis not wishing to ruin this partnership so quickly and is in awe of what he sees it is like a combination of Jurassic Park and The Island of Dr. Moreau. At least that is how he can interpret it all. "So Symbiosis where is this man of yours?" in looking around he also says "Is this place part of your work? Did you create this place? Or do you simply just take samples from this place to use in your work?
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Rukellian »

"This island was not originally my creation at first. Three years ago, an alien meteor crashed into the surrounding area. The meteorite contained bio-organic crystalline deposits called Ichnorite. This substance has been rapidly terraforming this land into the alien landscape you gazed upon just moments ago. I have been visiting this place with great interest for the past few years, setting up a laboratory for my research and collecting samples from the local environment. Over time, I was able to apply my research on to the field, learning how to change the landscape and various flora and fauna myself. What soon became a natural phenomenon, was slowly turning into an experiment of my own."

The swift walk was short and they are now at the laboratory's entrance. Symbiosis activated another hidden keypad panel and typed in a quick code. The visible sliding doors opened up and the two walk in. It is a set up very similiar to the one previously found on the other island, but does not sport all of the same rooms. Lack of space perhaps. As Symbiosis gets himself situated at one of the computers, a display of holographic monitors flood the room. Camera footage of various areas of the island are displayed, strange creatures and environs currently under surveillance, as well as a few dynamically fluid charts collecting and displaying information in multiple formats. Symbiosis looks upon each monitor and takes notes at his desk.

"We will be going out on the field soon to rendezvous with my accomplice. Do you have that Pyro Pack ready to go?" (Make sure you read its description in the weapons and equipment thread for more details)
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

GreyWolfVT

#4 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hot Streak aka Blake Hayes "Ah yes I was reading up on the manual you left me with it. It will be nice to see how it works in the field hopefully it does not need any tweaking for now as I don't wish to add to your work load." he grins then looks for a computer or TV to see if there is anything in the news about his recent display. "You got anything I can check the news on around here, just curious about something current events you know." he winks.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Rukellian »

Without even removing his attention from the work at hand, Symbiosis types something in to the computer before him and a new holographic monitor appears in front of Hot Streak. A news channel is currently playing, showing the highlights of this weeks coverage around the world. A drug bust at a restaurant called The Happy Eggroll, a fiery explosion that took away the lives two heroes, Hot Streak still on the run from the authorities, another mysterious explosion near a mountain side to the north levels an old military complex, reports of a smuggling operation is uncovered near an Arikas Shipping Depot, the head of Arikas Shipping is currently denying his involvement in the black market activity found there.

"Ah yes, be careful not to fall on that pack or allow any harm to it; its quite volatile right now, as I'm sure you learned while reading the manual."

GreyWolfVT

#6 Post by GreyWolfVT »

"Yes and I have to say that is a little concerning but I'll have to make sure not to superspeed too much wile wearing the thing incase something gets in my way and hits the pack.Perhaps an issue for a later time. Thanks for showing me the news, that is quite interesting you know anything about that smuggling? It wasn't my work but was it maybe an associate of yours? That drug bust is just hilarious but not my thing. I'm sure you gathered I'm more the destructive type." Blake does smile while hearing the mention of both of his master piece explosions.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Rukellian »

The holographic projections die down as Symbiosis wraps up his work on the computer. "The smuggling operation? No, that was not my or my accomplice's doing. There are plenty of other villians out there, criminal organizations, we aren't the only ones you know." After moving around the lab, checking up on a few more items, he finishes his work and returns to Hot Streak near the entrance.

"The containment fields that I raised are starting to weaken. I have not been able to properly maintain them this past month, and as a result, the wildlife here is starting to get a bit out of control. As we speak, our accomplice is fending some of them off. He is strong, but he cannot face an army of those creatures for long. You will find out soon enough what it is that I am referring to. Time is of the essence, are you ready?"

GreyWolfVT

#8 Post by GreyWolfVT »

"Lets do this. Perhaps with my speed I can help you get that field back to working order if you require haste look no further." Blake smiles as he puts on the pack and follows Symbiosis.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Rukellian »

As Hot Streak super speeds to the area in question, his personal smartphone device begins to vibrate. He stops in mid run and stares at it with bewilderment. Apparently your device has good reception out here. ;) The caller id is Nelson Warren.

GreyWolfVT

#10 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Blake "I was expecting your call Nelson." he waits for the reply. "Finally decide to drop the hero act and join the side of true justice?" waiting again. "After what you and the others did to me?" a little menace in his tone. "How could you do that to me? We were friends. I trusted you and you turned on me." he's getting hot under the collar now without thinking he starts to get a fireball started in the other hand and if you were looking you'd swear you saw flames in his eyes. "To think I used to help you in your little P.I. gig. I though we had each others backs and you betrayed me." he is so fired up he blasts a fire stream off to the left and hangs the phone up then speeds off to the destination.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Rukellian »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Blake "I was expecting your call Nelson." he waits for the reply. "Finally decide to drop the hero act and join the side of true justice?" waiting again. "After what you and the others did to me?" a little menace in his tone. "How could you do that to me? We were friends. I trusted you and you turned on me." he's getting hot under the collar now without thinking he starts to get a fireball started in the other hand and if you were looking you'd swear you saw flames in his eyes. "To think I used to help you in your little P.I. gig. I though we had each others backs and you betrayed me." he is so fired up he blasts a fire stream off to the left and hangs the phone up then speeds off to the destination.
Depending on how Raven responds to your call, we may or may not be able to use everything you said, just as a heads ups.

GreyWolfVT

#12 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I figured as much but I put what I would say and do just in case he replies properly

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by Rukellian »

Rukellian wrote:"I was expecting your call Nelson." The voice sounded very amused on the other end of the line, as if it were only a matter of time before this number was called. The voice though, it sounds VERY familiar, a voice you have just heard not too long ago, back at the mountain complex...
"So, this is how we knew each other, glad to finally know your name, Blake. I think we should meet, I have some questions that I think only you have the answers to. And it's Raven now, Nelson Warren died."

Would you like to use the next line you had in place or answer this one differently?

GreyWolfVT

#14 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Thinking differently..... :?

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by Rukellian »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Thinking differently..... :?
Hehe, you longed for more player interaction, you got it now! ;)

GreyWolfVT

#16 Post by GreyWolfVT »

"Oh but if that were only the case Nelson, you were dead to me when you betrayed me."

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by Rukellian »

"Don't lie to me." Nelson pauses over the phone, emphasizing the meaning of his words. "You found me, you are free right now. You could have done anything but instead you found me in a crumbling complex as we faced off against what is probably the true enemy." There is another pause and then he speaks up again. It sounds as if he remembered you being taken prisoner, whether he realizes what for and when, no one can say for sure. "You want something from me, I don't know if you are an enemy or a friend so I will let you decide that. Until then... I told you, Nelson is dead. I am Raven." He hangs up on you.

GreyWolfVT

#18 Post by GreyWolfVT »

"I'm not lying to you, and I found you to settle a score." but since I was hung up on before I can do any of this now I am really pissed. Blake is fuming now. "Nobody hangs up on me!" He hesitates a moment almost thinking to call the little prick back then decides a different coarse to take. Blake then gets in touch with his associates that helped him with the last present for Raven. "Hey it's me again. Yeah thats right Blake. You do me a favor you know where Nelson Warren used to stay the room in that hotel. I need to have someone pay him a visit I'm a bit far out to reach out and deliver this message in person. Yeah in a package addressed to Nelson Warren give him the typical I mean business package." pipe bomb in a box that looks like it could be a present about the size of a suitcase maybe or a laptop. It'll be a box with a pipebomb that is wired into a laptop as a matter of a fact when the laptop is turned on BOOM!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6y8fc3n-mI have that on the screen when he or if he turns it on. Below it is a little marquee saying courtesy of Hot Streak.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by Rukellian »

:D :twisted:

GreyWolfVT

#20 Post by GreyWolfVT »

hopefully you got that after I made my edits.

Return to “Rebirth of Power: a 4c system game”