Symbiosis' Ambitions (Blake Hayes' sequel arc)

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Symbiosis' Ambitions (Blake Hayes' sequel arc)

#61 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hmm I think I'll send Raven a picture of my new/old friend. Blake Hayes thinks. Then when able to snaps a picture with his phone and sends it to Nelson. "This will be fun." with the picture he will add the text remember this old friend of ours Nelson?
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by Rukellian »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Hmm I think I'll send Raven a picture of my new/old friend. Blake Hayes thinks. Then when able to snaps a picture with his phone and sends it to Nelson. "This will be fun." with the picture he will add the text remember this old friend of ours Nelson?
Does the taking of this picture take place in the middle of combat, or do you still want to do that fire wall maneuver?
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

GreyWolfVT

#63 Post by GreyWolfVT »

do the picture after the fire wall if he is in view. I forgot the other guys name already and no not Symboisis.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#64 Post by Rukellian »

Hot Streak's quick thinking secures him another victory. With the same sweeping motion that he performed before, the wall of fire shoots up and the charging raptor cannot stop. It is instantly engulfed in blaze of green and orange flames. The damage is severe and the raptor collapses dead. Vorpal also gets the upperhand on his opponent and slices another raptor down with this sword arm. A flash of light catches his attention as he finds Hot Streak taking a picture of his display of strength. He gives a funny look and then turns to the face the remaining raptor. Symbiosis is still in the heat of combat, his punches landing, but not quite as effective as his comrades' attacks. The raptor reels back again in pain and misses its claw attack against the big green man.

End of round 3
Battle Result: The villian group wins initiative and succesfully takes down two more raptors. One remains but has only 40 points of damage left. You can see its body crackle with electricity as it prepares to charge up something, its crystalline claws glowing a bright purple. A photo was taken of Vorpal cutting down one of the raptors, it looks epic.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

GreyWolfVT

#65 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Init[1d100 +6] = 98+6 = 104
Blake does one more fireball attack to the last raptor.
Fire Ball Attack[1d100] = 89

"Well that should take care of this one."

Gloating a little once the last Raptor is dead Blake snaps a photo of the dead beast and sends that to Nelson as well.

GreyWolfVT

#66 Post by GreyWolfVT »

After combat intent.
Blake Hayes will ask Symboisis if he can formulate a computer virus and send it through Blakes phone to the contact Nelson Warren. His intent is to twart any tracking tactics the would be heroes will attempt as he knows them all too well heroes are all the same they always try to track down the villain thinking the villain is an idiot or making a mistake. "My ploys of the gloating image of the dead raptor and Vorpal were a ploy to lure the idiot heroes to a place they can't possibly survive in. Plus we can formulate a plan to kill or trap them here." Blake takes on a very vile and evil smile talking to Symboisis and Vorpal. :twisted:

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by Rukellian »

You may consider the final raptor toasted and quite dead, however, I will not be able to give you a proper update until certain things fall into place on the hero arc, the one directly tied to your character that is.

GreyWolfVT

#68 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Understood. Just wanted to get you in the loop of my thinking. So how much fun is MW having with this lol :D

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#69 Post by Rukellian »

Truthfully speaking, they are thinking about ditching Raven's phone and plan on getting a new one. They believe that is has been tapped by you and that their current location could be in jeapordy of being found out. However, they are also torn with the idea of shutting off the phone, for they believe that you will continue making the mistake in giving them valuable information. So.... in a nutshell. You are luring them in a trap, but they think it is just harrassment from an idiot who is loose with his secrets. They think they are using you in this way, but they also dont want you to find them as well. Paranoia at its finest.

GreyWolfVT

#70 Post by GreyWolfVT »

:twisted: It worked. To think I came up with that out of the blue spur of the moment. :lol:

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#71 Post by Rukellian »

"I can do that, easily in fact, but now is not the time and place to be doing such things. That and I don't have the necessary equipment with me." Symbiosis then points towards the clearing and the roaming creatures still need near the crater area. "We still need to get past those chargers. They are easy to take down by themselves, but they have two things going for them right now, look." Symbiosis then directs Hot Streak's and Vorpal's attention to the number of chargers and the ichnorite floaters hovering above. "Five chargers at once could be problematic, especially if the floaters join in on the action. They excel at long range lightning based bombardment. We are fortunate that there are only two of them present, but still the danger of heading towards the crater is too high right now."

"Well, shoot, we can't just charge in, huh?" Says Vorpal in a dissapointed tone. "I'm not good with this whole strategy thing, always left it up to Micro Fissure. Any ideas Hot Streak?"
ichnorite beast 2.jpg
ichnorite beast 2.jpg (445.42 KiB) Viewed 614 times
ichnorite floater.jpg
ichnorite floater.jpg (50.73 KiB) Viewed 614 times

GreyWolfVT

#72 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Blake Hayes "Not usually you know my typical flare I am more of a hit and run or charge in fires a blazing. So far I've figured a decent way to take the charging raptors down but they are only group units. I've not encountered the fliers yet so I've no good idea for that as I don't think I can manage a wall of fire in the air." he looks to Symboisis being that he appears to be the mastermind of this trio. "What of you Symboisis I know you have the mind. After all you made this amazing weapon for me and it has proven well in combat. What do you have for a plan?"

GreyWolfVT

#73 Post by GreyWolfVT »

awaits to be updated..... :P

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#74 Post by Rukellian »

*sighs and shakes fist at GreyWolfVT* curse you! making me come up with your own battle plan. I'm such a giving a GM, aren't I? :lol: :roll:

Symbiosis nods his head in understanding, thinking to himself that he should of known he would be the only one with a plan. After a few seconds of quick battlefield analysis, the green man then motions to Vorpal and Blake to gather around him. "The key to winning this skirmish with minimal injury would be to separate the chargers from the floaters. We can do so by making a bunch of noise. This will attract the creatures on the ground while leaving the floaters be. They do not react to sound but have perfect vision within a personal radius of sorts, area of reach if you want to call it. I have not tested this theory extensively, but I think that if we stay clear of the crater and keep our battle in the mutated forest, we will not be zapped in the process.

In regards to the chargers, they will not hesitate in ramming trees if they find their prey hiding from up above. You will be shaken down if that is the case. What I suggest we do is have Vorpal quickly cut down some of the trees around us and line it up so that it creats a natural chokepoint. Once that is set up, Hot Streak will light it on fire and blast anything that may come through. We will only have small time frame for this due to the fact that cutting down trees makes a lot of racket. Are you all ready for this?"

GreyWolfVT

#75 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hot Streak "Yes ready as ever I suppose." he smiles and takes out his phone does not plug in his ear buds and cranks the music loud. :lol: Like you didn't know I'd do something like that. "Hey Vorpal better get to cutting as this noise should be drawing over our land crawlers quite soon I'd imagine."

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#76 Post by Rukellian »

An alarmed look spreads across Vorpal's face as the plan starts without him. "Ah shit! We starting already?!" He quickly hustles towards some of the trees nearby and starts hacking them down, his sword arm sharper than it originally appeared to be. Symbiosis cannot help but smile an evil smile as he watches Hot Streak mess with Vorpal like this. The big green man aids in the efforts of setting up the choke point as he hefts the fallen trees into position.

A round of doing this sends the chargers charging at you. In that time, Vorpal and Symbiosis is able to creat a v-shaped funnel on the ground, allowing for only one charger to get to them at a time. Symbiosis then waits for you to light the mutated tree trunks on fire. If you choose to not do so, there is a higher possibility of the chargers ramming into the trees, potentially pushing them away to make a wider opening. Either way, go ahead and roll for initiative and any actions you will perform.

GreyWolfVT

#77 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Init[1d100 +6] = 62+6 = 68

Hot Streak will light the trees on fire. Then get into a position on the inside of the choke point at ranged attack likely in the center while Vorpal and Symboisis take a left and right melee position.

Fire Blast[1d100] = 24 Lighting trees on Fire!

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#78 Post by Rukellian »

Well, I guess those trees must be flame resistant :?

After seeing Hot Streak's flame attack fall short on the trees, Symbiosis turns to the mutant and looks him in the eyes with a "you f-ing with me?" expression. "Looks like the trees here have evolved to the point of being flame resistant, great.... No time to think though, incoming!"

Sure enough, one of the five chargers makes it to the group and starts to attack Vorpal. The charge attack is a miss however, as Vorpal dodges it with skill. While dodging, he takes his sword arm and allows it to cut the side of the charger as it zooms past him, wounding the creature to great effect. Symbiosis joins in on the attack to and gives a solid punch to its other side once it slows down from its charge. The creature does not fall, but it looks like it is about to. "Get those flames of yours working! Quickly now!"

End of round 2
Battle Results: Noise is made, chargers are lured and the trap was almost complete. Hot Streaks flame attack falls short on the trees, and the chargers won initiative. One charger makes it through but misses its attack, receiving heavy damage from both Symbiosis and Vorpal. It still stands however, and the four other chargers are closing in.

GreyWolfVT

#79 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hot Streak whenever next round is..... shoots a flame wall right at the lead creature and semi circling to try and hit some of the trees in the process.

Init[1d100 +6] = 51+6 = 57

Wall of Fire[1d100] = 93

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by Rukellian »

Previous post was edited to show the battle results for round 2.

The charging chargers prove to be faster than Hot Streak anticipated. Not only did he fail to hit the first one that came through, but was not able to prevent the second one from coming in as well! Luckily for him, his wall of fire kicks in and prevents the other three from coming as quickly. Once the flames hit the trees a second time around, it successfully ignites them, just took a bit of work was all. The trap is now finished and all three chargers behind the barricade take 40 points of fire damage.

Vorpal quickly redirects this attention to the second charger as it strikes him on the side, dealing 25 points of damage! He retaliates with a sword strike of his own and sends the charger reeling back some. Symbiosis finishes off the first charger with another solid punch, this time shattering the crystals on its back to great effect! He leaps towards the second charger to help back up his accomplice.

End of Round 3
Battle Results: The chargers win initiative again and manages to harm Vorpal for 25 points of damage. The three remaining chargers are stopped by Hot Streak's flame wall attack and the first one is taken down by Symbiosis. There is now one inside the barricade and 3 on the outside, burnt but still alive and ramming away at the trees.

Return to “Rebirth of Power: a 4c system game”