Symbiosis' Ambitions (Blake Hayes' sequel arc)

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Symbiosis' Ambitions (Blake Hayes' sequel arc)

#81 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Init[1d100 +6] = 57+6 = 63

Blake Hayes does the next best attack he has created with this pack and fires off another flame ball at the lead charger.

Fire Ball Attack[1d100] = 79

and he will attempt to confuse by super speeding to the opposite side he was on. But that will be round 4.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#82 Post by Rukellian »

You are currently on round 4... your superspeed maneuver, if you choose to use it, will act on round 5 if this were the case.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

GreyWolfVT

#83 Post by GreyWolfVT »

sorry yes round 5.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by Rukellian »

Hot Streak's Fireball attack works to devestating effect as the three chargers behind the barricade are engulfed by the sudden burst of flames! They all collapse to the ground and stop moving. Vorpal takes quite the beating again as the charger strikes him for another 25 points of damage; but the mutant still stands strong as he has dealt with worse. With a rage befitting of someone who wields a sword for an arm, he makes a mighty slice and almost cuts the charger into two! Symbiosis lands near the charger, only to find it dead.

End of Round 4
Battle Results: Chargers win intiative again (they have been lucky this battle) and strike Vorpal for another 25 points of damage. Hot Streak and Vorpal dispatch the rest of the creatures with their fighting prowess, quite easily actually. Apparently these creatures do not like fire! ;)

Symbiosis smiles under his iron jaw as he looks at the results of their success. "Fine work! Yes, fine work indeed! I'm glad that I stumbled upon you two. You are both becoming quite the useful pawns, no, not just pawns, perhaps a knight and rook? Either way, we have effectively reduced their numbers, now to contend with the two floaters above..."

(How many times have you used the pyro pack so far?)
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

GreyWolfVT

#85 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Went back through and counted 8 uses on the pack used up so far.Max charges was 20 used 8 down to 12.
Symbiosis smiles under his iron jaw as he looks at the results of their success. "Fine work! Yes, fine work indeed! I'm glad that I stumbled upon you two. You are both becoming quite the useful pawns, no, not just pawns, perhaps a knight and rook? Either way, we have effectively reduced their numbers, now to contend with the two floaters above..
"Hmm yes now mere pawns there Symboisis. I'd say Vorpal here is a good Knight or Rook at the very least. Me I'm more the role of a bishop or knight. Yes surprised I know chess I play as a hobby. Now then I'm not sure I have many charges left on this pack so we might be limited on taking out the fliers."

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#86 Post by Rukellian »

Okay. I counted 10 uses of the pyro pack so far, which should leave you 10 more uses before the resources in the pack empty.

Hot Streak will try and run to the side of the charging beasts and blast fire at them from the new pack

Hot Streak creates a wall of fire with the pyro pack and tries to trap the beast in a wall of flame.

Hot streak will move within range of the last beast and fire 2 jets of flame at it's head. (I counted this as one attack)

Hot Streak not having a lot of time to get to higher ground attempts the same firewall maneuver that saved his skin last time.

Hot Streak super speeds to circle around to the right of the other remaining beasts he waits for his flame wall to die down before going in and firing a ball of fire at the next raptor in line.

Blake attempts to do a fire wall again

Blake does one more fireball attack to the last raptor.

Hot Streak will light the trees on fire. (failed attempt first time around, but still counted as a pack use)

Hot Streak whenever next round is..... shoots a flame wall right at the lead creature and semi circling to try and hit some of the trees in the process.

Blake Hayes does the next best attack he has created with this pack and fires off another flame ball at the lead charger.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#87 Post by Rukellian »

Symbiosis chuckles to himself as he says in a reluctant tone, "I admit, it would appear as if I have undersestimated you, Hot Streak. To think that someone like you would have a fine appreciation for some of the more civilized games of this world. Perhaps I have found a new opponent when we get back to base?" He finishes with a raised eyebrow as he then directs his attention towards the sky.

"The floaters will be a problem to be sure. Though they have not spotted us or the skirmish that has taken place, they will definitely know of our presence once we enter the crater area. Their ability to pick up on their surroundings is phenomenal, given that it takes place within a certain radius of them." Looking around the debris field of their last fight, an idea sparks to mind, but Symbiosis once again defers to the other two, to see if they have any bright ideas of their own. "You guys have any ideas as to how to take them down? Remember, they excel at ranged attacks, but Vorpal and I do not..."

"F---ing hell man! You know damn well that I am not the thinking type! I'm a sitting duck too, you know.... Last I checked, my sword cannot be launched off the arm." Vorpal than waves it around to prove his point. "See? Stuck like gorilla super glue!"

GreyWolfVT

#88 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Blake "Hmm well lets see...... how are they floating wings? If so even a fly and be brought down by removing or injuring it's wings...or if we have a way to somehow launch Vorpal into the air and land him on top of one that would be a nasty battle for that thing. You Symboisis can leap great distances if I am not mistaken could you not land onto one of them? Or if we have a way to launch a spear like object at them that could help get them grounded ..... he is still thinking you can see the gears grinding.... maybe even some smoke.... :lol:

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#89 Post by Rukellian »

Symbiosis nods approvingly as he hears Blake make mention of using spears and launching them. "I was thinking just the same. See those splintered tree trunks? They are still on fire, smoldering from Hot Streak's flame attacks. I could lift them up and try throwing them, but if I miss, they will surely be alerted to our presence."

Vorpal's face then lights up as he chimes in and says, "Hey, I think I can help you out with that! If there is any heavy lifting to do, I'm the guy to do it!" You then see him walk over to one of the massive tree trunks and heft it up with his one arm, showing an incredible strength. "NO SWEAT, and, and get this! I also happened to be a professional wood carver! This pile of wood can be made into spears in no time!"

(No lie, when I made this character, I decided to give him a funny skill so that he could use his sword arm for something other than killing. The way I imagined it, he would be proficient in making woodland creature statues as a side hobby. Who would have thought that his seemlying innocent skill could help him carve the wood to make formidable throwing spears!) :lol:

Symbiosis then just laughs. "This day keeps on getting better and better!"

GreyWolfVT

#90 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Blake "This day just gets more hilarious every moment. A brute as you carves wood. A hot head like me plays chess. What odd hobby does a master mind such as you Symboisis have?" Blake starts to laugh.

GreyWolfVT

#91 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Blake twiddles his thumbs.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#92 Post by Rukellian »

"Before we start though, in all honesty, what are we going to do if the first couple of spears miss? They will surely figure out what is going on by then and start raining down electricity on us."

"Pfft, I won't miss! Simple as that." Vorpal starts to get to work on the spears, already finished carving one of them down to a fine point in but just a few minutes of talking.

What will you have Hot Streak do?

GreyWolfVT

#93 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Blake "I suspect lighting the spears on fire will add to the effect. I can do that before you throw then and then I can shoot a few fire ball shots off at them. That should help get the buggers down. If I knew better how they stay up in the air I could aim for their wings or whatever keeps them up."

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#94 Post by Rukellian »

"They just float... for now. I have yet to figure out how they maintain their altitude for so long. Can't get close enough to take any serious notes, and the one I have in development back at the lab is still too young I guess to float on its own." After waiting for some time, Vorpal finishes his project and produces four man-sized spears, sharpened for heavy duty impaling. He grins as he shows them his craftsmanship and heaves one of them up, getting ready to throw it. Hot Streak lights the first spear on fire and Vorpal hurls it at the first floater closest to them.

The first strike is a minor success. The spear almost misses, but it manages to hit one of the floaters sides, lighting it on fire and sending it falling to the ground. Apparently they are quite fragile. The second one approaches the group and starts to crackle with purpleish pink electricity.

End of Round 1
Battle Results: The villians win initiative with their sneak attack and successfully takes down of the two floaters with a flying flaming spear. You have three spears remaining and it looks like the floater is about to strike you with lightning!
ichnorite floater.jpg
ichnorite floater.jpg (50.73 KiB) Viewed 557 times

GreyWolfVT

#95 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Blake "I'm not going to light this spear on fire so throw away. I'll shoot a fire ball at the thing."

Fire Ball Attack[1d100] = 95

Init[1d100 +6] = 54+6 = 60

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#96 Post by Rukellian »

The floater wins initiative and quickly strikes Hot Streak with a bolt of purple electricity. The shock stuns him and he falls the ground, unable to take action for one turn. (Rolled a percentile, got a 76. Floater attack was deemed a success and and its secondary effect of stunning its opponent kicked in. The effects will last for the one turn, and Hot Streak took 20 points of damage. The target of the attack was also determined by a random roll using a d3 die.)

Vorpal lunges his spear at the second floater, barely taking it down again with a minor success. (some close shaved rolls on my end here...) All is quiet and the crater appears to be clear for the moment. After the fight, Hot Streak manages to get back up, still feeling a bit shaken from the powerful surge of electricity that just went through him.

Symbiosis then pulls out an electronic notepad and starts to take some notes as he records the results of the fight... "mmhmmm, I see. I will need to edit the known range to 50ft, reevaluate the damage output of the floaters and take into consideration its stunning capabilities....Yes, thank you for your support. This information will help in the development of my army to come, I assure you. Nice throwing arm too Vorpal!"

GreyWolfVT

#97 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Blake "Well if these were not so large I'd say take a dead body for examination Symboisis." Down to half my HP btw.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#98 Post by Rukellian »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Blake "Well if these were not so large I'd say take a dead body for examination Symboisis." Down to half my HP btw.
He shakes his head as he pulls out some instruments. "I can only collect tissue and carapace samples from these creatures. Hopefully it will be enough, but if not... well this island isn't going anywhere, is it?"

Vorpal slaps Hot Streak's back in a friendly manner, with a big grin on his face. "Those things can pack quite the punch, no? Glad they are all gone now. Big Green Man, that red crystal is huge! You plan on chipping off a sample of this as well?"

"Indeed. My scanning equipment shows that a sliver of this crystal will be more than sufficient for my research. I will need but a few minutes for successful extraction. Cover my back will yeah?" Symbiosis then proceeds to towards the center of the crater and gets to work on the giant red ichnorite crystal deposit. Vorpal darts his eyes around back and forth, trying to stay on top of any potential ambushes.

Go ahead and state any actions you might want to perform, and roll a d100 for me.

GreyWolfVT

#99 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Blake will help keep watch using his superior speed to run a perimeter check. "Vorpal pick a spot to watch and I'll cover .... well everywhere else." he states with a sly grin.

[1d100] = 49 for what not sure?

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#100 Post by Rukellian »

During Hot Streak's superspeeded patrol, he fails to notice the faint tremors in the ground. It quickly escalates. You think it might be a large stampede or something in the distance. Looking ahead, eyes on the horizon, you are taken by surprise as a giant creature erupts from the ground nearby, just in the outskirts of the forested area. Standing 120 meters high, and about 400 meters long, it lets loose a giant ground shaking roar as its tentacled arms shoot up into the air start tearing down trees. It slowly approaches.
biollante.JPG
biollante.JPG (133.05 KiB) Viewed 551 times
Vorpal simply drops to his knees in defeat, even before the fight starts, and stares at the giant monstrosity with a gaping mouth. You could have sworn that he was swearing or something, but all noise was drowned out when the creature roared.

Have fun! :twisted:

Return to “Rebirth of Power: a 4c system game”