Symbiosis' Ambitions (Blake Hayes' sequel arc)

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Symbiosis' Ambitions (Blake Hayes' sequel arc)

#41 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hot Streak creates a wall of fire with the pyro pack and tries to trap the beast in a wall of flame. Flame Wall Attack[1d100] = 64 he sets the flame wall between himself and the beast hoping it prevents it from charging at him again.

just barely a success if I am not mistaken also how on earth do I know what I have for HP or w/e it is lol.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by Rukellian »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Hot Streak creates a wall of fire with the pyro pack and tries to trap the beast in a wall of flame. Flame Wall Attack[1d100] = 64 he sets the flame wall between himself and the beast hoping it prevents it from charging at him again.

just barely a success if I am not mistaken also how on earth do I know what I have for HP or w/e it is lol.
Your HP is your secondary trait known as Damage. Very simple translation if you ask me. Your damage points is your health bar, showing how much damage you can take before you go down. You've taken 30 damage so far, so your current HP/Damage is at 70.

The flame wall was a solid success, your past the "barely made it" color range (Red) and just made it into the "I did a good job zone" (Blue).

Hot Streak is determined not to let that dinosaur mutant to touch him again. He use his pyro pack to create a flame wall around the beast, preventing it from charging again without sustaining heavy damage. He waits for a moment after doing so, the sounds of battle still going on in the background, the crackling of flames before him in the distance, and then.... the howl of the creature, as it severly burns itself trying to leave the flaming circle. With a loud thud, it collapses to the ground and stops moving. Looks like it wasn't too bright and is now dead.

End of Round 3
Battle Results: Hot Streak traps the beast in a fiery circle, preventing it from charging him again. He wins initiative and is able to do so first before the creature can act. The creature tries to escape its fiery prison, but ends up burning itself to death in the process. The Pyro Pack has 18 charges left on it, and as Hot Streak turns around, one of the two remaining beasts slumps to the ground as well, heavily sliced up and quite dead. Only one crystalline dinosaur remains, and Symbiosis' accomplice seems unhurt so far.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

GreyWolfVT

#43 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hot streak will move within range of the last beast and fire 2 jets of flame at it's head. Init[1d100+6] = 32+6 = 38 jets of flame[1d100] = 76 success again.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by Rukellian »

The attack on the last beast was a success! The mutant with the big sword arm finishes cutting into the crystalline dinosaur and the flames from the pyropack takes care of the rest. Symbiosis comes leaping down afterwards saying the repairs were successful and that he is ready to reactivate and deactivate the shield walls at a moments notice. He nods towards his accomplice and Hot Streak and says, "Good work you two! You both seem to be more capable in combat than I. I will be relying on that strength in the near future." Symbiosis then directs his attention specifically to his accomplice and asks him, "Vorpal, have you managed to find the site of the deposit in question?"

He nods his head in reply and then looks over to Hot Streak for the first time since the battle ended. He then freezes and stares. He then says abruptly and with some shock in his voice, "YOU F---IN' KIDDING ME!?!" His smile is wide and surprise even more so. Vorpal then looks to Symbiosis and back to Hot Streak and just shakes his head. "You crazy little f---er, I thought you were jailed, ahahahaha!"

The realization sets in as well for Hot Streak; he is now standing in front of one of his old team members that helped in putting him down.

"Hot Streak, do you know this man?" asks Symbiosis with a serious tone.

"His name is Hot Streak now?" remarks Vorpal, also a bit confused.
sword arm mutant for campaign.png
sword arm mutant for campaign.png (235.76 KiB) Viewed 611 times
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

GreyWolfVT

#45 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hot Streak looks at the man "Vorpal is that what you're calling yourself now? I take it since you are working with Symbiosis that you finally realized I was right all along?" said with a sinister look upon his features. "At least one of you finally smartened up." he pauses for a moment. "You think I would have forgotten you after the betrayal? I am still p---ed over that. I've been hunting down some of our old 'friends' he still hasn't gotten any smarter calls himself Raven now and has these terrible black wings like a crow." To Symbiosis he says "Yeah I know Vorpal though that wasn't his name when I knew him."

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by Rukellian »

Symbiosis just furrows his non-existent brow and folds his arms. "Interesting.... try not to spill each other's blood while we are here, okay?" He then pulls out an electronic device and inputs a key sequence. The wall barriers reactivate, a clear energy based film rises from the ground and makes a distinct humming sound.

Vorpal then just shrugs his arms and gives the whatever expression. "As far as I'm concerned, that was in the past. I was blinded then, but you opened my eyes Crim- err Hot Streak. You could say I also want to see this flawed justice system crumbe to the ground as well. Yeah, I've been working with this green fella here to make that happen; he is no friend to the goody two shoe supers, I know THAT much!"

The sword arm mutant then rubs his chin with his free hand and looks like he is thinking as well. "You mentioned this Raven guy, who is he? Do I know him? I've been out of contact with everyone else ever since that day, can't say I know where everyone is or what they are doing now."

GreyWolfVT

#47 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hot Streak "Nelson Warren was his secret identity I forget what he was going by back then. But he appears to have lost his memory and rejects his true name and goes only by the name Raven now. He had the gall to call me when I was headed here with Symbiosis."

@ Symbiosis "Don't worry I'm only after those that betrayed me and didn't open their eyes."

@ Vorpal "Glad to see you came around to the right side."

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by Rukellian »

"Right, well then, best not to keep our big green partner waiting, yeah?" Vorpal then turns to Symbiosis as he says the following. "The crystal deposit is but a short trek from here. Problem is is that there a bunch of beasties to tackle through, that and there are high levels of that strange radiation you were talking about. It has heavily affected the surrounding environment."

Symbiosis then nods as he pulls out 3 syringes full of green liquid. "I suspected as much. The spread of ichnorite has shown quite the volatile change in the wildlife and flora around here. This," he motions to the syringes, "will help combat that radiation, or at least make it non-lethal and breathable."

GreyWolfVT

#49 Post by GreyWolfVT »

"Yes lets not let the mastermind await the muscle." sarcasm and humor in his voice in a tone that only Vorpal can hear. Hot Streak super speeds to Symbiosis before he even completes his sentence arm extended ready for the shot. "Don't look so surprised. I'll do anything to survive in this interesting place. I entrust you so far as you have not killed me yet and had the chance too many times."

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by Rukellian »

Vorpal reluctantly extends his free arm as well, the serums being administered to everyone in the group. "Right. If my calculations are correct, this should stay in our systems for a few days. Let's move out if you two are ready." Symbiosis then activates the device in his hand and reactivates the energy wall system, effectively containing everything inside the area they are in.

Hot Streak and the others navigate through the heavily mutated areas of the jungle, gawking at all of the strange flora and sounds that can be heard, a heavy green and blue mist always floating close to the ground and around the plants. The grounds they walked on definitely gave off the aura of being alien and Hot Streak can only guess what other sort of creatures were created on this island...
ichnorite fauna.png
ichnorite fauna.png (378.84 KiB) Viewed 606 times
ichnorite flowers in the dark.png
ichnorite flowers in the dark.png (353.94 KiB) Viewed 606 times
"Over there, just through that clearing, you can find the red ichnorite deposit in one of the craters."

"And the wildlife around it?"

"Your basic chargers, some crystalline raptors, and ah, there were those floating things that zap you if you get too close. Lots of all of them in the same area. They roam around all over the place and seem to be drawn to it."

"Hmmm, yes, just as I suspected. Good work Vorpal, though our work is not yet finished. We will need to find a way to bypass those creatures or safely cut through them a few at a time. Hot Streak, how confident are you with battling more of those creatures?"

GreyWolfVT

#51 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hot Streak "More like the behemoth's from earlier I suspect? Well I've discovered they are not very smart and fire does a good number on them. So you could say more confident than the prior battle."

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by Rukellian »

"Good. I suggest you take to higher ground when combat begins, that pack has some range if I recall. Vorpal, you and I will go in and take down some of those raptors that are close by. If things get a bit out of hand, don't be afraid to fall back. Everyone re-" Symbiosis is cut short as one of the crystalline raptors cries out and starts to charge the group. The sound was that of a typical dinosaur, but it was heavily digitized in sound. Three more follow behind; they are about the 7 ft high and appear to be electrified in appearance. It looks like you will need to be ready regardless, the creatures decided for you! Roll Initiative and provide actions.
krystalak.JPG
krystalak.JPG (73.34 KiB) Viewed 604 times

GreyWolfVT

#53 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Init[1d100+6] = 89+6 = 95

Hot Streak not having a lot of time to get to higher ground attempts the same firewall maneuver that saved his skin last time.

Flame Wall Attack[1d100] = 36 looks like a minor success.

After the attack the next move will be to super speed to higher ground if there is any near by.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by Rukellian »

Sorry for the delay. I will definitely get back to you on this combat sequence within a day. I get off work tomorrow a bit early so I will have more time. What is eating up my time right now is the compilation of monster info for this campaign. I've had you guys battle a whole bunch of stuff through out the arcs so far, and I... have not written any of their stat information down. Sloppy on my part I know. I thought I could just keep it all in my head, this is not so. So right now I am in the process of writing up some stat information for the monsters and enemies I am using, will be using, so as to make monsters with appropriate strengths and weaknesses.

So, in a nutshell, I was winging most of the enemy encounters. Now I can't do that any more :P

GreyWolfVT

#55 Post by GreyWolfVT »

winging it ha thats what DM'd are good at. :D

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by Rukellian »

Hot Streak creates a wall of flame to help keep the crystalline raptors at bay long enough for him to retreat. The plan works! He deals 40 points of damage to the first raptor that comes charging in. It slows down due to the sudden pains that erupted from touching the flames and howls. Vorpal and Symbiosis comes barreling in, sword arm and big green fist lunging forward. The three other raptors stop just behind the wall of fire, connecting two and two together. Flaming wall, howling raptor companion in pain, not a good combo. The wall starts to die down as it becomes but embers to be trampled.

Meanwhile at the front lines, Vorpal slashes the raptor apart, and Symbiosis punches the leftover parts for good measure. The raptor is quite slain, but three more are about to descend upon them.

End of Round 1
Battle Results: You win initiative and your group is able to strike first. Hot Streak is able to successfully pull off his flame wall technique again, heavily damaging the first charging raptor. Vorpal and Symbiosis both land their attacks with solid ferocity, sending the raptor to the ground in pieces, crystal shards of neon purple now littering the ground of the short skirmish. The other three wait behind the wall of flame, and will be able to attack next round. Go ahead and roll for initiative for your next action and roll for the success of your superspeed. There is no high ground persay; however, there are tall trees that you could superspeed onto, the equivalent of running up walls. You would need a high success for this a maneuver, a yellow success. Or... you could attempt to climb up them manually, rolling your Brawn Skill for rate of success. A solid success, blue or higher would be needed.

GreyWolfVT

#57 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Super Speed [1d100] = 20
Hot Streak super speeds to circle around to the right of the other remaining beasts he waits for his flame wall to die down before going in and firing a ball of fire at the next raptor in line.
Init[1d100+6] = 73+6 = 79
Flame Ball Attack [1d100] = 45

GreyWolfVT

#58 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Blake gives Raven a call. "You really should come meet me at this little island...." :lol:

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#59 Post by Rukellian »

OH CRAP!!! I've been updating every other story but yours. So sorry! :oops: :oops: I had it set in my mind that I was waiting on a roll from you. Ugh, I will try to keep better tabs on this!

Hot Streak is able to maneuver himself to behind one of the crystalline raptors and shoot a firebal onto its back; the attack was very effective! The raptor howls out in pains as it whips its tail around, hoping to catch whatever it was that shot the fire, the tail swings at air. The raptor then directs its attention fully on Hot Streak and starts to charge him. Meanwhile, Vorpal and Symbiosis try to pummel and slice the two raptors before them. Vorpal is successful with this attack, cutting in deep, but not quite killing the creature. Symbiosis misses his punch, however, and suffers a claw attack to the chest. He still stands strong though, not letting the claw attack faze him.

End of Round 2
Battle Results: Hot Streak and the group win initiative. Hot Streak's fireball attack is a success and effectively takes out half of his foe's health. Vorpal does the same with this sword attack, but Symbiosis misses and takes 20 points of damage (I will keep track of their scores). Go ahead and roll for the next round.

GreyWolfVT

#60 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Blake attempts to do a fire wall again (if there is room to do so before the things reaches him)

Init[1d100 +6] = 62+6 = 68
Wall of Fire[1d100] = 79

Blake on the phone "It's the land of enchantment, you really must come." click he hangs up on Raven. :lol:

Return to “Rebirth of Power: a 4c system game”