Special Announcements

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Special Announcements

#1 Post by Rukellian »

Going to start this topic off with a nice Valentines greeting to you all. Hope you guys enjoy the holiday, for those who celebrate. Here is a gift from me to you guys, 50 fortune points for each person. Remember, you can use these points towards affecting future dice rolls or to save them up and boost your rank values!
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Special Announcements

#2 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Ah well I give you 100 Fortune points to distribute to the NPCs then :lol:
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by tooleychris »

No fortune points to big green NPCs though!!!

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Rukellian »

There will be a temporary pause in all arcs in this campaign until I get a few player situations resolved here. I will resume the progress on these storylines as soon as possible. Thank you for your understanding everyone!

-Rukellian
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Rukellian »

Games are resumed now, thank you! It didn't take too long after all ;)

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Yay!!
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Rukellian »

I've been noticing that this campaign has been at a slow crawl for the longest time now. On the hero's side, it is mainly due to the number of dropouts that weren't replaced successfully, and perhaps not enough motivation to do things? The villian's side is mainly my fault I think. The enthusiasm is there, to be sure, and the participation is great, but I am currently relying too heavily on keeping the two arcs on the same timeline. The players are constantly waiting on me and I don't like that. I feel like I'm letting them down.

The thought of archiving this game has come to mind, if only to give everyone a good break from this and come back with renewed interest in the future. There is still so much that I want to do in terms of content and inter-connected player backstories. I have all of these villian groups layed out in my head, ready to introduce, a cast of unique characters to pull out of my DM hat, and so much more; however, I think all of this will need to be done when interest in the game is genuinely high, not forced, to ensure frequent participation and a steady story progression for both sides. This means recruiting from a batch of new players on the forum site and perhaps calling upon the same ones we currently have.

Some of you may have seen this coming, and for others it may be too sudden. I'd like to have this openly discussed amongst everyone before I make any finalized decisions, and or changes in how the campaign is currently operating.

If I don't recieve a lot of feedback on this in the next few weeks, I will submit this to Tonixx for archiving.

-Rukellian

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by MonkeyWrench »

I agree, the campaign has gotten extremely slow, I don't think I am one of the reasons but if so please tell me what I'm missing.

Ruke, if you feel like archiving is the best logical step from here then I won't stop you... you just better make damn sure I'm in it when you start it back up ;)

I honestly love the campaign, and the game system. And I am trying very hard to be patient as Genocide with the Mutants, I've been looking forward to having some fun with them for a while now :twisted:

And of course I think I am all caught up with Raven, Not really sure what we are waiting for in that regards... or are we waiting for actions from the second group?

Either way If you think archiving is the best solution, that in a bit we can try again with renewed vigor and some newer people, then I'm with you. Either way I want to be a part of the current game or the revived game.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#9 Post by atpollard »

I would also be disappointed if it stopped for a while, but traditionally, November and December are busy months In Real Life and a time when many things (games, group meetings, etc.) go into hibernation.
So I agree the pace is slow, I will miss the game, and I can live with 'archiving' (whatever that entails - exactly).
"welcoming humbly His light and proudly His darkness" - e.e. cummings

GreyWolfVT

#10 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I'm fine with an archive option.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Pulpatoon »

I've been enjoying the game tremendously, but, yeah, life has gotten busy and I haven't been able to devote my whole attention to it. So, in theory, I can see the point of archiving. Come Spring, I expect I'd be able to focus on the game at hand a bit more. But I'd just be worried that it might never rise from the dead. I'm so eager to see what Ruke has in his GM's hat!

And the Professor is probably my favorite character to write since Linos (a seriously judgmental cleric with even more serious food issues) snuffed it. I'd hate for him to get stuffed in a drawer and forgotten.

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#12 Post by atpollard »

Rather than an open ended hiatus, would it be practical to set a specific date to resume?
Perhaps, rather than actually archiving it, you could just post a once per week countdown to the restart.
"welcoming humbly His light and proudly His darkness" - e.e. cummings

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by Rukellian »

atpollard wrote:Rather than an open ended hiatus, would it be practical to set a specific date to resume?
Perhaps, rather than actually archiving it, you could just post a once per week countdown to the restart.
That's an idea. If we were to go with this route, what month of the new year will we resume with a fresh start?

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Zhym »

I am enjoying the game, but I always have an easier time of it when there are specific goals involved. Missions are easier to play than looking complete open-endedness, I guess. So there's some of that in my slow updates—not being sure what the options are and what to do.

I might not be the only one like that. It seemed like the updates were faster when we had specific goals.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by Pulpatoon »

We have a pretty specific goal right now, though, right?

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Rukellian »

Pulpatoon wrote:We have a pretty specific goal right now, though, right?
I thought so too, but I guess certain players need more of a closed room to work in, metaphorically speaking? Missions/Dungeons. This is something I will have to work on implementing more frequently when this gets rebooted, or picked up on later.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by MonkeyWrench »

As for the month of the new year how about February?

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Zhym »

Pulpatoon wrote:We have a pretty specific goal right now, though, right?
I guess I haven't been paying attention very well.

I'd like to see the game keep going. If it goes on hiatus, do you think the holiday season would be more active or less?

GreyWolfVT

#19 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I'm likely to be more active if i have vacation and stuff as i don't go anywhere for the holidays.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by Rukellian »

I'd be more active during the holidays, but considering the kind of work I do, they sort of expect me to be there working during the holidays :lol: So this is more on you guys right now and when you all think that you will have more time and will be able to direct more attention to the unseen servant in general.

I am currently looking at returning to the game sometime early this spring, but if the majority of you would like to start up again sooner, I will keep that in mind as the weeks go by. Just give me some dates to work with.

Keep in mind that when we do restart, some character trimming and story twisting may be called for, so that we are not dragging any extra weights when kicking off again.

Return to “Rebirth of Power: a 4c system game”