A Few of my House Rules

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

A Few of my House Rules

#1 Post by GreyWolfVT »

PC Death: does not occur until you reach -10 HP, at 0 you are unconscious and bleeding out 1 hp a a round. If wounds not bound you will eventually die.
Rest HP Recovery: I know in the 2e book you get 1 hp while resting 3 hp for complete bed rest. While camped for the night or resting in an Inn for an evening not on watch I will give PC's back 6 hp. If you are on guard/watch then you will get the 3 hp the book states. While travelling peacefully with no attacks you gain back 1 hp in 8 hours of travel.

More to come....
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

GreyWolfVT

Re: A Few of my House Rules

#2 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Combat
Initiative:I do a group init. I'll roll for the PC's and the monsters on init. Keep init for the first 3 combat rounds then a new init is rolled for the following 3 rounds.
Attacks:I generally do Spell, Ranged, Melee and will base this by weapon speed, casting time, and movement + weapon speed. Unless you are already in melee range then it is just weapon speed.
To Hit: Natural 19 or 20 is Critical and does double damage.
Combat Mechanics: The way the Spell, Ranged, Melee works or at least how I work it the spells go off first unless the casting time is slower than any of the ranged weapons, Ranged weapons go off in order of fastest to slowest, then anything attempting melee that is not in range of melee has to move into melee range if it has enough attacks and movement left to do so it attacks. Generally the rule I use is if a player only has to move half or less of its movement and has two or more melee attacks it can move and attack one less attack than they get for the monsters/NPCs it is the same. Although if the majority of the group is in melee and the weapon speeds are faster for melee then melee attacks happen before arrow shots and spells.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Talmor
Guide
Guide

#3 Post by Talmor »

Can you roll initiative for us? Might help speed it things along, and I trust you to roll fairly.

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#4 Post by Dogma »

Talmor wrote:Can you roll initiative for us? Might help speed it things along, and I trust you to roll fairly.
I will second this. It will be less confusing and will avaoid multiple people rolling.

GreyWolfVT

#5 Post by GreyWolfVT »

It appears to work fine in other games on here but yes I can roll both the monsters and you guys.

GreyWolfVT

#6 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Point Blank Ranged Attack Rule: If you are using weapon specialization and from the AD&D 2e PHB if you specialize in a ranged weapon you have a new NWP called point blank shot. But I am initiating my own rule if you did not do this you can take a shot from the same point blank ranges they list in the PHB based upon Bow or Crossbow with a negative to hit penalty for not having specialized. The penalty to hit will be a -3 no different than if you were firing at medium range or long range.

Point Blank is actually if you specialized in ranged weapons but it makes it so that you have a point blank range of 6-30 feet and gain a +2 to hit at point blank. Or if you didn't do this I will make a house rule already there is a -2 for mid range ranged attacks and -5 for long range ranged shots per the PHB lets add in if you are attempting a point blank shot and do not have the specialization you take a -3 to the shot.

Return to “Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (2e)”