Part 2: Enroute to Tragidore

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Part 2: Enroute to Tragidore

#301 Post by ybn1197 »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Ok still need Dex checks from those of you going up and if Neev is casting silence it will only be silent in that area he casts it.
Correct. 15 feet around the vagabonds will be encased in silence. No noise in. So they should not be able to hear anyone approaching them.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#302 Post by GreyWolfVT »

ybn1197 wrote:
GreyWolfVT wrote:Ok still need Dex checks from those of you going up and if Neev is casting silence it will only be silent in that area he casts it.
Correct. 15 feet around the vagabonds will be encased in silence. No noise in. So they should not be able to hear anyone approaching them.
They can't hear you but nobody will be able to talk in there either. Just awaiting any other Dex checks from folks closing in. Then I can move things forward.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Talmor
Guide
Guide

#303 Post by Talmor »

Crap. I fall over a mysterious barrel full of cats. Wearing bells. And fireworks.

D20 result: [1d20] = 20

Dexterity: 11

Lesson learned--next time I'l just charge in and attack.

GreyWolfVT

#304 Post by GreyWolfVT »

So far two of you going up have failed the dex check. I would say for those of you moving up if you have the move silently skill to use the check for that, but I think both that can do that are not even moving up. Good thing silent spell is in effect though otherwise I think they might hear you.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Dune
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#305 Post by Dune »

Dune doesn't move up since he may have to cast a spell..

GreyWolfVT

#306 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I don't see any other dex rolls from anyone so I assume only one of you was walking up. You stumble and trip over a rock making some noise and even with the silence spell one of the men turns around facing you and puts a smile on his face as if friendly and not at all some ruthless bandit or vagabond looking to rob folks on the road. He begins walking towards you with his weapon sheathed. He looks back briefly as if to say something to his companions but has a look of befuddlement as he realizes no sound is coming forth. He turns back to Eirik and has a new expression on his face almost of confusion and a bit of fear he turns back to his closest companion and taps him on the shoulder and points back at Eirik, they try to signal the other on the opposite side of the road but he cannot hear them. They begin to panic and turn as if to flee into the woods.

Party Actions please?

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#307 Post by ybn1197 »

Neev casts Hold Person, focusing on the leader of the group and attempting to grab the others.

Hold Person: Affects [1d4] = 1 humanoid creatures

Talmor
Guide
Guide

#308 Post by Talmor »

Eirik steps forward, with his sword held high, mouthing as obviously as he can DON'T MOVE!

Can I get a Charisma check or a Reaction check to see if I can intimidate these guys?

GreyWolfVT

#309 Post by GreyWolfVT »

The roll I got was a pass for both of them. Those that had actually seen the party and reacted passed CHA/Reaction check. The other 2 on the opposing side of the road haven't even noticed anything the fools. Neev hols one of the two. Can't determine how you know who is a leader none of them screams out leader or has leader on his armor.

Talmor
Guide
Guide

#310 Post by Talmor »

GreyWolfVT wrote:The roll I got was a pass for both of them. Those that had actually seen the party and reacted passed CHA/Reaction check.

Oh, ok. Well, if they hold still, I'll try to take them prisoner. If they're aggressive or try to run, I'll attack.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#311 Post by saalaria »

If the unheld guy runs Gandrel attempts to put an arrow in his leg to bring him down, not kill him.

I have run the normal macro for a flight arrow so can you adjust as appropriate - obviously want to lessen the damage as much as possible

Flight Arrow Hit [1d20+3] = 13+3 = 16 Dam [1d6] = 3

GreyWolfVT

#312 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Well Eirik one is held for questioning by the cleric Neev. One is getting shot in the leg by Gandrel. You will have two that you can question.

Talmor
Guide
Guide

#313 Post by Talmor »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Well Eirik one is held for questioning by the cleric Neev. One is getting shot in the leg by Gandrel. You will have two that you can question.
Well, I'm trying to minimize casualties here, while at the same time not exposing us to attack or risking them running off to get reinforcements. It's a bit of a narrow window, but I was hoping that me charging forward, the arrow attacks, and the spells being slung would put enough of a fright on them that they'd all give up.

If this is impracticable, then I attack:

To Hit [1d20] = 7 AC 9. Swing and a miss.
Damage [2d4] = 8

Not that I do a lick of good.

GreyWolfVT

#314 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Eirik so you changed direction to head towards the others that are oblivious to the group or that their fellows are being attacked/held? Also the PHB has information about nonlethal combat you can always go that route instead of straight out killing.

Talmor
Guide
Guide

#315 Post by Talmor »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Eirik so you changed direction to head towards the others that are oblivious to the group or that their fellows are being attacked/held? Also the PHB has information about nonlethal combat you can always go that route instead of straight out killing.
I change direction? I was trying to intimidate the ones who saw me. IF they don't surrender or yield or whatever, then I attack. I MISS, because I can't fight my way out of a wet paper bag, but I'll attack regardless.

One of them should be held. One has an arrow to the knee. If he throws up his hands and yields, I secure him. If not, I go stabby.

While, of course, doing my best to avoid stabbing myself

I was just trying to give the if/then conditions, since we shifted from "trying to be sneaky" to people throwing spells and arrows around.

GreyWolfVT

#316 Post by GreyWolfVT »

They're not moving or struggling they're wounded and or trying to figure out how come they cannot move. Non-hostile at the moment as they can't do anything.

Talmor
Guide
Guide

#317 Post by Talmor »

GreyWolfVT wrote:They're not moving or struggling they're wounded and or trying to figure out how come they cannot move. Non-hostile at the moment as they can't do anything.
Then I approach, try to disarm them, and secure them as well as I can with my rope.

GreyWolfVT

#318 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Alright Eirik disarms the one bandit/person being held then goes to the injured fellow shot by Gandrel's arrow the arrow is sticking out of the mans calf muscle and he is trying to crawl away but is disarmed and tied up. Now the other two on the opposite side of the road happen to look for their fellows and see the situation and decide it is best to hightail it out of the area and they start to run off.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#319 Post by saalaria »

Just to clarify, Gandrel is only shooting if the guy is running away or towards the other 2m if he stays still or advances towards us, Gandrel holds fire

GreyWolfVT

#320 Post by GreyWolfVT »

saalaria wrote:Just to clarify, Gandrel is only shooting if the guy is running away or towards the other 2m if he stays still or advances towards us, Gandrel holds fire
The guy was continuing to run so I fast forwarded a bit sorry. It was a good shot though I did some random rolls to see how good a aimed shot you were too. ;)

Return to “Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (2e)”