A blast from the past... (Raven's and Perma's next arc)

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

A blast from the past... (Raven's and Perma's next arc)

#1 Post by Rukellian »

Will transfer your story over to here and lock down the first one soon. Will get back to work on this tomorrow evening, after work and all that. Thank you in advance for your patience. ;)
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: A blast from the past... (Raven's and Perma's next arc)

#2 Post by Rukellian »

The heroes, Permafrost and Raven, slowly make their way out of the forest and find themselves on a roadside. Raven knows from past experience that this road leads to a small town with a small population. You think there might be a motel or something along those lines, though admittedly, you have not explored the town in any such detail yet.

Is Raven wearing anything to cover his wings right now?
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Only time his wings have been uncovered was when he first met Permafrost truthfully, trench coat hides them. So yeah.... he is hiding them.

Raven looks down the road, "There should be a town down this road, I think we may be able to find some things for me and a place for information on Rook Industries."
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by tooleychris »

Elsa surveys her surroundings and seeing no green men she poofs her ice form into tiny snowflakes and assumes a normal appearance.
"It's a start." she responds. "And we should take a look at your wounds. Some of those scratches were deep."
She looks him over. "I suppose a hospital is out, given your...well, form...We should find a room and drugstore. "
She laughs at a thought. "Not to worry. I've got a platinum card with no limit."

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Raven looks Elsa over after she cancels her ice form, "Hmm... I wonder which form is the real one." He opens his coat to show his wounds as him and Elsa check him over, "I'm mostly alright, next time watch out for them, Their claws are poisoned." Once Elsa mentions a platinum card Ravens eyes go a bit wide before settling back in their usual state and he turns to walk down the road, "Platinum card with no limit? Sounds heavy." Raven then limps as best he can down the road towards the town.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Rukellian »

If this is your ice form:
permafrost.JPG
permafrost.JPG (27.96 KiB) Viewed 1136 times
Then.... you are sporting a normal skin color right now without an icy shell to cover yourself? I didn't see a shirt on your pic by the way, just a skirt and a cape, so if you took that icy cloak off and became normal looking... :oops: I hope you packed a shirt with you! :lol:

You guys walk for about a half hour or so until you see a gas station in the distance. No vehicles seemed to parked there, save one.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Raven has said nothing out of... respect...yeah, lets go with respect... :lol:

"I don't think I should go in, to many questions with the blood. If you're willing to go inside and talk to the clerk I will check the area."

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by tooleychris »

UGH my post got deleted again...I think Alethan may have found too many grammar errors and burned it! 8-)

Elsa wraps her cloak around her naked chest before DM gets perverted
"There." Elsa points to the station. "Maybe we can get some bandages, or at least peroxide. Maybe call a cab?"

Elsa goes to the door and looks in. If it looks like the station is open for business, she will enter.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Rukellian »

tooleychris wrote:UGH my post got deleted again...I think Alethan may have found too many grammar errors and burned it! 8-)

Elsa wraps her cloak around her naked chest before DM gets perverted
"There." Elsa points to the station. "Maybe we can get some bandages, or at least peroxide. Maybe call a cab?"

Elsa goes to the door and looks in. If it looks like the station is open for business, she will enter.
Thank goodness the moderators are there to moderate :lol:

The lights are on in the gas station and music is playing in the background, a local radio station playing some 80s. There is indeed only one person in the convience shop, the man behind the counter, face buried in his smartphone. The aisles of junkfood and sugary drinks are numerous and there is a hot food stand next to a coffee machine. Looking around the place even more, you can find an assortment of miscellaneous items as well such as windshield wipers, cans of air freshners, batteries of all sizes, first aid supplies (bandages and ointments), and other items that would typically be found in a such a roadside shop.

With a platinum card, you can pretty much buy out the whole store if you want, so grab what you need, note that gas stations are limited in their wares, generally speaking. As Permafrost walks towards the counter, the man is still transfixed on the smartphone's screen. Leaning over you can see the man updating a post on some sort of forum site... The Unseen Servant. Apparently the man is in the middle of a rant as he rolled critical fumble and failed his saving throw, not even noticing that there is a customer.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by tooleychris »

Elsa ignores the poor salesman and goes hunting medical stuff.
Alcohol, any larger bandages, ect...
She goes to the counter and clears her throat.
"A bottle of Jack too." she tells the clerk pointing behind him to the shelf.
"You got any food here? Is there a hotel close by? Can you call me a cab?"

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Rukellian »

embarrased clerk.gif
embarrased clerk.gif (552.84 KiB) Viewed 1130 times
Warning... if you look at the image for too long, it might get annoying for some.

The man looks up with an annoyed face, asking Elsa rudely, "what do you-" He stops short as his face goes beat red. He gives a nervous laugh and then slicks his hair back saying in a more friendly voice, "did you find everything alright? A cab you say.... I could drive you anywhere you need to go babe!" He finishes bagging the goods and leans forward a bit, gazing at Elsa with deep eyes, his face still red and his hand covering his mouth.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by tooleychris »

"Me and my...fiance just need a cab, If you don't mind. And Maybe the name of a good Pizza place that delivers."

Does this mean Elsa is hot or he's just horny?

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by tooleychris »

this is how I picture her in my mind, outside of ice form .

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Rukellian »

tooleychris wrote:"Me and my...fiance just need a cab, If you don't mind. And Maybe the name of a good Pizza place that delivers."

Does this mean Elsa is hot or he's just horny?
Hmmm... both? ;)

His face slowly sinks in defeat upon mention of the word fiance. He then pulls out a phonebook and flips the pages to a cab service. "That lucky dog...Oh, uh, here! This is the number to call, and...." he flips through the pages again. "Here, this place has some good pizza." Every word that he says sounds like it pains him, but he tries to keep a straight face as he writes the numbers down for Elsa. "We have a phone outside, next to the ice box. Here... I would not be able to live with myself if I saw such a fine lady freeze out there!" He then hands her his coat, and motions for her to keep it. It's surprisingly warm, the fleece inside all nice and fluffy.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by tooleychris »

"My thanks. Oh, can I get some cash back? And turn some to change for the phone please." she says giving him a wink.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Rukellian »

He does so with excellent service now and with quick efficiency.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by tooleychris »

"Ive got some supplies, but not much" Elsa tells Raven, coming from the store. "I've got to call a cab, the kid inside gave me some numbers for that and pizza. Umm...you like pizza?'

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Raven looks over Elsa, noticing she now has a new coat, he then looks at his worn and ripped in multiple places trench coat before looking back at her, "I don't know, only one way to find out though."

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by tooleychris »

Elsa dials the number for the cab. "No anchovies though."

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Raven looks at Elsa, "Anchovies? Sounds gross."

Return to “Rebirth of Power: a 4c system game”