IC: Part 3: House of the Templar

imperialus
Tracker
Tracker

IC: Part 3: House of the Templar

#1 Post by imperialus »

As tradition, and the whim's of Lux Al Var's dark master dictate, the games are held on the evening of the new moon. It turns out that while strictly speaking everyone is supposed to be at the games, the stadium is not large enough to hold anywhere near the population of the city so you are far from the only ones who have failed to make it. It seems that this is mostly an excuse for the city guard to go from home to home demanding bribes. If someone can't pay, that's when they end up arrested and on the wrong end of the arena themselves. It is easy enough to make your way to the estate, and shortly before midnight you find yourselves standing down the street, torchlight from the grand homes that line it flickering off your faces.

Rostranor
Scout
Scout

Re: IC: Part 3: House of the Templar

#2 Post by Rostranor »

Ari-nasir stood smiling in the street surrounded by his companions. He was wearing the new clothes that he had purchased with the money from the Lizard. While the clothes were broad and flowing the thief possessed an ability to move smoothly and naturally in them. Appearing to almost flow and glide as he walked. The dagger he recieved as a gift firmly in his belt.

So, good friends now is the hour. Shall we see what fortune has in store for us? I am thinking that I will climb the wall and then unbar the gate for you all to enter. Should we leave one of us n the street as a look out or just inside the gate?

Todd Spengo
Ranger
Ranger

#3 Post by Todd Spengo »

Ari-nasir wrote:...Should we leave one of us n the street as a look out or just inside the gate?
Arngrim shrugs. "Such a plan would be wise but I'm not sure a man can be spared."

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#4 Post by Blazeguard »

Sargon replies, "We can watch the estate the night before to see if there is a watch schedule but once we're inside as long as we don't leave the gate open I don't think we'll be bothered. I feel it would be wiser to stay together."

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#5 Post by MrHemlocks »

***Mukuli, Thief, Y'Mataar..Outside Templar House ***

"Look here fellows. Tonight is the night we do this job and be done with it. I will head over to the wall and scale it. I will use this rope and grapple hook. Once inside you all can follow me up the wall and into the courtyard. Best to stay away from that gate..it probably is trapped!" Looking at the others Albertus whispers, "what do you say; sound like a plan?"

Rostranor
Scout
Scout

#6 Post by Rostranor »

Ari-nasir shrugs in the darkness.
Not all men climb as well as others. I have no preference as to who climbs the wall. Up over and into riches and glory no? My friends here however may be better served by the customary path through the gate. Look at Arngrim if the wall were a bit shorter he could step over it. Climbing it he would be seen from here to the city that walks. The man over the wall will know if the gate is guarded or not by eyes that see. If the rope is the only means toss a pebble over. If not so open the gate. Who would trap a gate?

The brown and bronze silk swaddled man undid a small pouch at his belt and scooped a handful of the omnipresent sand from the street that blew in from the desert. He handed it to Mukukli, Toss this good friend if the rope is needed and I will follow you over. Last man will need to haul up the rope.

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#7 Post by MrHemlocks »

Rostranor wrote:Ari-nasir shrugs in the darkness.
Not all men climb as well as others. I have no preference as to who climbs the wall. Up over and into riches and glory no? My friends here however may be better served by the customary path through the gate. Look at Arngrim if the wall were a bit shorter he could step over it. Climbing it he would be seen from here to the city that walks. The man over the wall will know if the gate is guarded or not by eyes that see. If the rope is the only means toss a pebble over. If not so open the gate. Who would trap a gate?

The brown and bronze silk swaddled man undid a small pouch at his belt and scooped a handful of the omnipresent sand from the street that blew in from the desert. He handed it to Mukukli, Toss this good friend if the rope is needed and I will follow you over. Last man will need to haul up the rope.

Taking the sand Mukukli heads over to the wall. Looks to see if no one is watching. When all is clear and under the cover of darkness he scales the wall. When reaching the other side he hides in the shadows becoming aware of his surrounding and if any prying eyes may be about.
Not sure what the DC is but will roll dice and you can add or take away points as needed.Hide in shadows=[1d20+1] = 8+1 = 9
Scale Wall=[1d20+1] = 12+1 = 13

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#8 Post by Dogma »

Ptah-Kahtmak, Keshite sorcerer

The Keshite sorcerer grabs the rope.

"I will be second over the wall. If any guards suspicions are raised I can send them into a slumber before they can raise an alarm. Now help me climb this sun blasted rope," he hisses, his weak arms feeble clawing at the rope.

Todd Spengo
Ranger
Ranger

#9 Post by Todd Spengo »

Arngrim watches the street as the others climb.

imperialus
Tracker
Tracker

#10 Post by imperialus »

Mukukli hoists himself over the wall with practiced ease, his fingers easily finding purchase in the cracks between the mud bricks. Rolling over the top he falls to the ground on the far side and presses against the ground. Glancing over towards the gate he sees a bored looking guard his back to the gate sitting on a stool staring across the path towards the front entrance of the house. The guard doesn't seem to have noticed him, but of greater concern there is a large mastiff dozing beside him. Upon landing, Mukukli's foot scuffed against a few pebbles and the noise causes the dog to raise his head and sniff the air suspiciously before lowering his chin back onto his paws.

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#11 Post by MrHemlocks »

***Mukuli, Thief, Y'Mataar..Courtyard of Templar House ***

Once Ptah-Kahtmak climbs over the wall, Mukuli points to the dog and the resting guard. He whispers into this ear;"you might want to put that guard dog in a state of slumber. We can than tie the guard up and if need be slit the dogs throat."

imperialus
Tracker
Tracker

#12 Post by imperialus »

As Ptah-Kahtmak rolls over the top of the wall he lands, somewhat less gracefully than Mukuli. His feet scuff against the dirt and rocks and he lets out a small grunt as the wind is knocked from him.

At that, the large hound stands up and peers towards the section of wall that the two of you are hiding under. His hackles raise up and you hear the rumble of a low growl reach you. The guard beside him also stands up and joins him in peering off into the blackness.

"What is it boy? What's got you riled up?" he then turns and lights an oil lamp that he had kept by the brazier and begins walking towards you to investigate.

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#13 Post by MrHemlocks »

Looking over at Ptah-Kahtmak, Mukuli whispers, "you better make these two go into slumber and real soon like." Mukuli, than steps back into the welcoming shadows and waits for the mage to do his 'magic'.
Hide in shadows roll....[1d20+1] = 19+1 = 20
Ptah-Kahtmak said he could cast a sleep spell so I hope he does and real soon ;)
Also, not sure what the others are doing. Only the two of us went over the wall the rest...silent(

Rostranor
Scout
Scout

#14 Post by Rostranor »

haven't seen a bag of sand to tell me its clear.

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#15 Post by Dogma »

Ptah-Khatmak gave a silent petition to his patron Azi Dahaka before casting his spell. Kısa bir süre sonra, sen yıldızlı uyku ve ayın düşecek!

spell check Sleep: [2d10+3] = 10+3 = 13 +3 Spellburn total =16

"Do not doubt my powers, Haan, Their might is beyond your comprehension" he hissed back at Mukuli.

How do you want to handle spell burn? I don't think I can burn Luck so 2 from agility, and 1 stamina? Can be roleplayed as gashing his leg with a knife to give a blood sacrifice?

imperialus
Tracker
Tracker

#16 Post by imperialus »

As Ptah-Khatmak gashes his leg, the blood drips onto the ground, hissing and boiling as it comes into contact with the dust leaving nothing but a dark stain behind. The faint smell of lotus blossoms fill the air and you see both the man and his hound stumble and then collapse forward. The oil lamp smashes against the ground and gutters out. Silence envelops the courtyard, and it appears that everything is clear.
Yeah, luck can't be used as spellburn. Besides, why would you want to? It's too potent to waste on that that. The advantage of Luck is that you can burn it after a roll is made, whereas spellburn needs to be done before.

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#17 Post by MrHemlocks »

Seeing the two collapse onto the ground causes Mukuli to smile at Ptah-Kahtmak. "You did it man, you really did it!" Now get these two tided up real tight while I go open the gates. Mukuli grabs the sand bag from his pocket at tosses it over the wall where the others wait. Checking over the gates for traps he opens them and waves for the others to come to his location.

Todd Spengo
Ranger
Ranger

#18 Post by Todd Spengo »

Arngrim waits for the last of the group to go through the gate and then follows them into the courtyard.

Rostranor
Scout
Scout

#19 Post by Rostranor »

Ari-nasir pads forward and waits nside the gate for Arngrim. Once everyone is i side he closes the gate and follows his companins towards the house.

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#20 Post by Dogma »

After taking a few minutes to tend to his wounded leg, Ptah-Kahtmak limps over to the sleeping dog and human. Finding what bits of rope or clothing that will serve he ties them up, being careful to gag the man and muzzle the dog. Standing over the prone forms, he strokes the hilt of his dagger. Contemplating their fate, he weights them as unworthy to sacrifice to his patron and turn away, limping over to the gate to join the others.

"Someone will need to drag them into the shadows. It will not do to leave them out for all to see."

Return to “Tales From the Fallen Empire [DCC]”