Blake Hayes' start

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Blake Hayes' start

#61 Post by Rukellian »

You follow Symbiosis in the main headquarters, only to find that it is just as ruined in the inside as it is on the outside. You wonder how he gets by with a place like this and cannot help but not take this guy seriously, if only for a moment. He leads you to a very out of place brickwall that does not fit with the architecture and you notice a distinct outline in the laying of the bricks, the most poorly concealed hidden door you've ever seen! You look at him with a "are you serious?!" written all over your face, he just smiles and then says: "you must be very confused. You think that I am insulting your intelligence or something. Go ahead, just try and open that concealed door over there... that must be what you're thinking right?" He ends with a wide grin, and you can tell it's a smug one at that, even with a metal plate covering his lower jaw.

Here is a picture of said brick wall with the outline. Pretend it isn't open. :lol:
hidden door fake.jpg
hidden door fake.jpg (222.13 KiB) Viewed 859 times
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#62 Post by GreyWolfVT »

"You had me going for a minute there, but seriously you must have something that is not as it appears based upon what I suspect was your work back in the mountain lab and your helicopter. I do hope you aren't wasting my time Symbiosis." Blake says with a bit of frustration mounting on his face he is having a hard time holding back his temper a littler and suspects this partnership might have been a waste of his time and he hates it when his time gets wasted. "Come now have I not earned your trust lets see this headquarters, the real one."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#63 Post by Rukellian »

Symbiosis meerly shrugs as he lets loose a short sigh. "A short fuse as well, guess it was to be expected." He walks over to a completely different wall, and touches a seemlingly random spot on the wall. An electronic keypad emerges and he quickly inserts a code. The keypad returns into the wall and a panel slides open, revealing an elevator. "If by chance someone were to explore this abandoned island, I've set up countermeasures like this to prevent access to my work." He steps inside and stares at Hot Streak for a moment and then starts to get impatient himself. "Yes, yes, how clever of me... you going to get in or not?"

Once inside, the elevator starts to take you down a few levels, how many, you can't tell.... sure enough though, when the elevator doors slide open, Hot Streak is finally able to see the headquarters he was expecting.
elevator opening to lab corridor.jpg
elevator opening to lab corridor.jpg (17.48 KiB) Viewed 857 times
He follows Symbiosis through the 'real' headquarters as if it were a tour. "We have our main computer room here, research labratory over there, some of my current experiments is down that corridor, a blah blah blah blah, and a blahblah blah....." the heavily technical terms that Symbiosis starts to use confuses Hot Streak and it all starts to sound like garble to him.
sci fi lab.jpg
sci fi lab.jpg (124.01 KiB) Viewed 857 times
computer room outside.jpg
computer room outside.jpg (883.63 KiB) Viewed 857 times
computer room.jpg
computer room.jpg (316.79 KiB) Viewed 857 times
research lab.jpg
research lab.jpg (136.68 KiB) Viewed 857 times
ichnorite mutant vats.jpg
ichnorite mutant vats.jpg (230.65 KiB) Viewed 857 times
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

GreyWolfVT

#64 Post by GreyWolfVT »

"Ah so you were the one creating those green men that I found along my entry to the mountain lab? I think perhaps you need to make these things tougher it appears the blue woman and Raven were able to take them down pretty easily." Blakes states not really having a high science or technical sense, he continues on "Ah now this is more of what I was expecting to see though, and I understand your security measures or as you called them 'countermeasures' one cannot be too careful with heroes all over the place." Blake looks around quite amazed at it all and walks over to one of the large human height looking tanks and looks in.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by Rukellian »

Symbiosis walks over to one of the holding chambers and gazes at the contents with his arms folded behind his back. "The culmination of research in Ichnorite, accelerated due to recent advances in technology. This," he motions towards the creatures floating in the tanks, "will be my future army, a sword with which to wield in the upcoming battles ahead. Hehehehe... perhaps I already have one, you shall meet him soon enough as well." The creatures displayed inside the holding tanks, some appear more humanoid than others, some with cybernetic augmentation even, but the other specimens are.... bizarre to say the least. One would wonder where and how he got or made these things.
ichnorite floater.jpg
ichnorite floater.jpg (50.73 KiB) Viewed 856 times
visceroid.png
visceroid.png (66.1 KiB) Viewed 856 times
mutant army.jpg
mutant army.jpg (71.55 KiB) Viewed 856 times
Symbiosis then sighs as he turns to face Hot Streak. "As you can see, my research in such things is still in its infancy. What you see before you are prototypes, failed experiments, and specimens collected from the field. The secrets of Ichnorite are hard to unlock and even harder to fathom, but I am making progress, surely yet steadily. Indeed, those creatures back at the installation were my doing, but the information stored away there was someone else's, now its mine."

GreyWolfVT

#66 Post by GreyWolfVT »

"Ah I see, these intrigue me. I've seen nothing like this and wounder where you've found such things." a look of interest Blake turns around and continues on arms crossed. "The creatures back in the mountain installation looked more humanoid, but it appears the two heroes were too much for them. How do you plan to make them stronger? As sword is only so useful when built to the proper strength and resilience you know. I do hope the information you found helps push forward your research as you may have figured out I am no scientist or person that knows much about the work you are doing here I am more of a soldier, a doer if you will, I am not without my resources to gather information and other things how else do you think I was able to get all of the explosives for that little demonstration back there? I may be able to help you get more tech or other things you might need further your work and get beyond the infancy stage." with that Blake smiles a devilish grin.
A smile much like this:Image

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by Rukellian »

Symbiosis smiles behind his iron jaw as well. "You are resourceful individual to be sure, there is no doubting that, and you can rest easy knowing that most of the thinking will be done by me; however, since we are speaking in terms of soldiers here, I probably should introduce you to one of my associates right now. He joined a couple of years ago and he has some level of trust with me, but I'm not exactly sure how well he will react to you... Come, we will need to make use of the helicopter again. The man in question is currently on the field collecting some more samples for my research, as well as dealing with another problem afoot."

GreyWolfVT

#68 Post by GreyWolfVT »

"Alright Symbiosis, I'm ready for another 'outing' also I was unable to retrieve something back at the mountain facility something of great use and importance to me. I was unable to decide which was more important visiting an old ex-friend (Raven) or locating the item." Blake pauses and explains and describes the backpack device from earlier and how it would vastly improve his efforts and abilities in combat. "So my sources say they might know where another like it is unless you have another idea how to get or create such a device?" he asks Symbiosis curious to see what his response might be.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#69 Post by Rukellian »

Symbiosis barks out a short laugh as Hot Streak describes his request. "Can I get you such a device? Of course I can! This facility of mine can enable me to create any number of gadgets, given enough time of course. Tell you what. You familiarize yourself with this place, and possibly the outside of the island, I will get to work on your flamethrowing backpack of sorts. It will take some time, but I should have it done by the end of the day, no problem." He pauses for a moment and then nods his head in approval as he starts to head towards the engineering lab. "The place that we are going to is very dangerous. Those creatures you saw in the facility, imagine those, but in the form of dinosaur like creatures and other manners of beasts, spanning an entire island of its own. You will need all the help you can get if you want to survive on that island, even with my and my associate's help."

GreyWolfVT

#70 Post by GreyWolfVT »

"Alright, so then are we to head there now or shall we await the construction of my flamethrower-like backpack? If it is that dangerous what batter a place to test the device in? But I'll leave that up to you as you know more of the place than I and you also know how long it would take to construct a prototype we'll call it for my use." Blake smiles and fiddles with his lighter. You know I can tour this place pretty fast don't you and I don't tire nearly as easily as it appears you did when I met you at the helicopter in the woods. Almost out of instinct Blake lights his lighter and forms a nice ball of flame in his hands "You see I am not without skills I just lack the technical and scientific understandings. I do so hope you don't mistake me as a fool Symbiosis."

Here is what Blake will be looking like as he is speaking now.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#71 Post by Rukellian »

The big green hulking man just stares at you with a glare of his own ands says in a "as a matter of fact" sort of tone: "ALL humans are fools until proven otherwise. You are resourceful, I will give you that, but know that foolishness will only result in death out there. You best remember that in the battles to come. Prove to me that you can keep a cool head and I will look upon you in a better light, naturally. If you can't, you will just be another body to experiment on."

This is turning out to be quite the henchman you have here :lol:

GreyWolfVT

#72 Post by GreyWolfVT »

"Human ha I'm a mutant. You on the other hand I'm not sure you look more like a human that has been enhanced through tech and science. I'll not hold that against you by any means." with that Blake puts his flames out and calmly follows this supposed genius to the helicopter if that indeed is where they are going. If not then Blake will say "A tour of the island, any problems if I burn anything out there? If not then I'll be back shortly."

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#73 Post by Rukellian »

He just grunts, waving Hot Streak off as he heads towards the engineering bay. "Do whatever you want. I just better not see this building on fire when I step out."

GreyWolfVT

#74 Post by GreyWolfVT »

"Don't worry I won't do anything that foolish, I will not burn the helicopter either for that matter. I'm not exactly fond of swimming even though I can almost tread water." after saying that Blake will super speed tour the inside of the building before going on a super speed tour of the island.

umm glitch double posts.... :?
Last edited by GreyWolfVT on Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GreyWolfVT

#75 Post by GreyWolfVT »

"Don't worry I won't do anything that foolish, I will not burn the helicopter either for that matter. I'm not exactly fond of swimming even though I can almost tread water." after saying that Blake will super speed tour the inside of the building before going on a super speed tour of the island. Thus leaving Symbiosis to his work. "I assure you I'll do not destruction you anything of yours I might go char a few abandoned building walls but nothing too extreme." Blake just testing the bond of this 'partnership' to see if the egomaniac is worth his time.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#76 Post by Rukellian »

The day passes uneventfully. Hot Streak torches a few buildings, watching them burn to the ground. He explores the entire island with his superspeed in just under a half hour, and spends the rest of the day torching stuff. When the sun starts to set, Hot Streaks mutant stomach starts to grumble, he has yet to eat anything today. He wonders if Symbiosis has any food on this abandoned island and returns to the labratory, only to find that he doesn't know where the elevator enrance is....

GreyWolfVT

#77 Post by GreyWolfVT »

"Son of a $#%@!" Blake starts looking around for that lame false door thing. "Where the hell was that stupid thing." Blake irritated just keeps searching until he finds it. Then from there he will remember the rest of the way (hopefully). Blake grabs out his PDA/Phone and cranks up the tunes. Suspecting perhaps this a test of Symbiosis he does his best to keep calm music soothes the savage beast as it were and in Blake's case this is quite true.

Blake is listening to:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNZru4JG_Uo he's cycling through his Rush playlist at the moment as that keeps him calmer than some other music he likes.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#78 Post by Rukellian »

You are unable to find the hidden keypad panel near the fake hidden door. After fuming for a few minutes, listening to his playlist, Hot Streak starts to lose his patience and pulls out his lighter. Before he can activate it, he can hear a distant elevator sound from below. After a few seconds of waiting, the actual hidden door panel opens up and an empty elevator waits for Blake.

He enters the elevator and it closes and starts to move on its own again. When the elevator door opens up, he is once again introduced to underground labratory corridor, and Symbiosis waiting at the end of it, his back still turned.

GreyWolfVT

#79 Post by GreyWolfVT »

"I got hungry so I came back don't worry this building is not on fire, but I hope the ones I did torch weren't important. So anyways you got any grub to eat round here?"

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by Rukellian »

Symbiosis tosses a box of frosted poptarts towards Blake. "From my accomplices's room. Don't tell him I gave you this, alright? I personally do not have to eat any food, nor do I need any rest, but the other mutant who stays here does, and I figured you would be in the same boat as him." Looking at the box of poptarts for a moment, he then asks Hot Streak something that may come off as a bit silly. "Would you like a toaster with that?" He then turns around, grabs something, and then walks towards Hot Streak with the item in hand. "Perhaps two toasters would suffice?" He says this with a grin as he produces a set of flamethrowing gauntlets.
flamethrower gauntlets.png
flamethrower gauntlets.png (54.73 KiB) Viewed 837 times

Return to “Rebirth of Power: a 4c system game”