Ch. 4: Even Deeper Into the Tomb

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Ch. 4: Even Deeper Into the Tomb

#1 Post by Zhym »

Campaign Day 3

You awaken, thankfully undisturbed by dreams, and prepare for a new day in this dismal place. You have defeated an undead that claimed to be Acererak, but the tomb goes on. Your next challenge: a room that jumps and shakes with your very footsteps!

Please post or pm your spell lists if you haven't already. I assumed that you'd use healing spells before resting, so everyone is back at full HP.

Status: Quinn (B13(F7/T8)): 78/78; Urdak (Dwarf F10): 75/75; Bagrin 45/45; McCloud (F6/MU6/T10): 40/40; Skarlos (C10): 56/56

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Ch. 4: Even Deeper Into the Tomb

#2 Post by Stirling »

fully rested and surprisingly undisturbed, McCloud will snuff out his candle, pack away his spellbook and go piss into the pit for morning ablutions.

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#3 Post by ragnboneshopper »

Bagrin, all but mute after his experiences, falls asleep without a word, exhausted. In the morning he attempts to ascertain how long he was in the stasis field before his new companions found him and let him loose. "Thanks to ye, thanks, my dear fellows!" he exclaims in hushed tones. "Have ye any spare vittles about? I'm nigh to famished." He then studies his spellbook and announces, "We'll do that fiend yet! Ol' Bagrin's not afeard of dying a second time. Just, eh, just don't be sittin down where there's no cause to be sittin, don't be touchin anything, don't do nothin afore you think twice and then thrice more, and don't believe nothin your eyes tells you to believe..."

OOC: Sorry if I held you all up there. The blizzard got me, flying through Minneapolis-St. Paul (never will go that way again), and it's been a blur ever since. First day I've had more than five spare minutes to catch up on anything, but here I am, ready to go...

PM soon with spells...

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by tkrexx »

Urdak grunts and tosses the Gnome enough hard rats to make a meal, and wonders silently to himself just exactly how one would go about thinking twice when thinking once is painful enough.

Mondego
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#5 Post by Mondego »

OOC: Did the adjacent room "shake" during the night?

Spell list sent via PM

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Zhym »

The nearby room seems to have remained motionless through the night.

Mondego
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#7 Post by Mondego »

Quinn makes his way back into the room and carefully checks behind the tapestries, starting with the eastern wall.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Zhym »

You take care of your morning...necessities. Bagrin looks for some food. A month or two in a stasis field leaves a gnome famished. Urdak tosses the gnome some hard rats and ponders the difficulty of pondering.

Quinn reenters the room and pulls aside the eastern tapestry. Behind it, he sees only bare wall.

Status: Quinn (B13(F7/T8)): 78/78; Urdak (Dwarf F10): 75/75; Bagrin 45/45; McCloud (F6/MU6/T10): 40/40; Skarlos (C10): 56/56

Mondego
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#9 Post by Mondego »

Quinn checks behind the tapestry on the West wall.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#10 Post by saalaria »

Skarlos rubs his eyes and shakes his head to clear the sleep from his head.

"oh still here are we? I was hoping the scenery would have changed overnight! Bagrin if you are still hungry after my Dwarven friends breakfast delights, I have some trail rations to share."

Skarlos examines the room from the door.
"perhaps some divine aid would help - I can check for traps or magical devices if it would help?"

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#11 Post by ragnboneshopper »

Bagrin grunts and tears into the hard rations. "Thankee!"

In the quaking room, Bagrin hangs back at first, examining the premises and especially the coffers from the entryway. "If t'were just the act of pilfering the place that caused the ruckus, I for one would press on and leave minor baubles to them that's quaking for excitement." He then moves to reexamine the further door for traps, carefully stepping around any intervening objects and sniffing the air with each step as if he might sense trouble coming that way.

Do the coffers appear to hold anything? Or has everything inside them just shaken out onto the floor?

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Stirling »

MCloud will offer to cast a locate object spell as we are searching also for more keys, "any chest or locked doorways ahead suitable for the key we have?"

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by Zhym »

Quinn, having seen nothing on the east wall, looks behind the west wall. There, too, he sees only a blank stone wall.

Skarlos examines the room to the extent he is able without entering the room. His vantage point from the door offers no fresh insights into the nature of the room.

Bagrin enters the room, carefully stepping around any objects, and moves to the far door. He looks for signs of traps. He finds a small catch near the bottom of the door that would trigger when the door is opened.

McCloud offers to cast a spell to locate objects. Urdak waits outside.

Mondego
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#14 Post by Mondego »

"Nothing behind the tapestries."

Quinn begins a search for secret doors.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by Zhym »

Where does Quinn start his search?

Mondego
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#16 Post by Mondego »

Zhym wrote:Where does Quinn start his search?
OOC: Since he is already at the west well, he will start there.

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#17 Post by ragnboneshopper »

Bagrin makes a clucking sound and turns somewhat excitedly back to his new mates, whispering: "What I tell ye?! The fool that walks too quick through this door may be a dead fool, or worse. Lucky that ye happened along and said the magic words to release me. Now ye'll be wanting me to disarm the thing, I 'spect. Well, let me look to it..." And mopping his bald pate, the gnome tries to determine, without touching anything, what the trigger is likely to do, all the while muttering about how someone named "Tor" will see "what a bad trick it t'were to bet agin Bagrin Bizfin!"

OOC: Wow, didn't Quinn already look at the door? Must have rolled high on his percentile... :lol: Does the trigger only connect to the door, does it have something to do with the floor, or is there any obvious connection to what's in the next room? Is there enough gap under the door to see through? Could it be triggered from afar, perhaps by a rope used to pull the door open, or does the door open into the next room?

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Zhym »

Quinn did check the door. Sometimes characters miss things.

The catch seems to be between the door and the wall. It would be triggered when the door is opened. What would happen when the trap is sprung, you can only guess. Or discover through experimentation. :D

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by Stirling »

McCloud will call out, "hold there little fella, we sprung a door not so long back in the coloured ball room, it shot a big spear out"

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by tkrexx »

The Dwarf, while everyone else is concentrating on something far beyond his own conception, will give the room's stonework a visual once-over.

Return to “Party 2”