The Adventure begins

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: The Adventure begins

#121 Post by Distorted Humor »

I tell you we took no girl, show me how to prove it and i will!" the Goblin rasps, holding his hands together in supplication.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#122 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Gregor "I don't know if we can trust you. So why should we show that you can trust us?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#123 Post by zebediah »

Why would they have told this, back in town? If they wanted to get rid of you wouldn't it be easier to simply hire mercenaries and attack your folk? Patrus asks the goblin

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#124 Post by Distorted Humor »

zebediah wrote:Why would they have told this, back in town? If they wanted to get rid of you wouldn't it be easier to simply hire mercenaries and attack your folk? Patrus asks the goblin
The town people are crazy, they kill there own people. And what mercenaries would want to come to this island to work? the goblin sputters.

GreyWolfVT

#125 Post by GreyWolfVT »

"All I can say is I know someone is lying to us and we need to figure out whom that is."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#126 Post by zebediah »

Patrus hears Gregor's words and nods We will not find out just sitting here, and I don't think our new friend can produce any evidence to convince us one way or another.

The cleric stares at the goblin again But perhaps you can help us in some other way, and if you do we might be able to assist you in return. Say, how many of your folk are there in total? Don't lie, remember: we are not here to kill you or else we would have done so already.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#127 Post by ybn1197 »

Aicanar mutters under his breath, "Why are we bothering to listen to this mongrel. He has already tried to implicate the entire village by accusing them of killing each other. We can't trust a single word it says."

zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#128 Post by zebediah »

Patience Aicanar my friend, we are in a rescue mission remember?

Patrus repeats his question to the goblin.
zebediah wrote: The cleric stares at the goblin again But perhaps you can help us in some other way, and if you do we might be able to assist you in return. Say, how many of your folk are there in total? Don't lie, remember: we are not here to kill you or else we would have done so already.

GreyWolfVT

#129 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Gregor "Yes answer my friend will you goblin?"

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#130 Post by Distorted Humor »

The Goblin looks at the party, and wets his lips "please don't kill me, there is about 20 of us, give or take depending if a hunting party left or not. most sleep in the central room. Ruggba is the leader, as he can beat any of us up."

"Don't you see, they wanted you to clear us out or die trying. I might be weak, I am weak, but Ruggba is strong!!!"

GreyWolfVT

#131 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Gregor "Alright alright calm yourself goblin. Is it possible that you would willingly show us that there is indeed no girl here? We won't attack or kill anyone so long as nobody attacks us or attempts to trick and trap us, this should be a fair offer would it not?"

zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#132 Post by zebediah »

From what you say Ruggba rules you through fear, is that right? The strongest man is not always the best leader, even for warrior people. Patrus turns to his companions My friends, I believe our interests might be entwined with those of our new goblin friend here. He says his fellas have nothing to do with the kidnapping, but we have no way of knowing if that is true. Lord Kirsham might indeed have sent us here under fake excuses just to get rid of the goblins or to get rid of some nosy intruders, how can we be sure? On the other hand, it just might be that some of the goblins are behind this and our friend here perhaps ignores that, that is perfectly possible isn't it?

The cleric regards the goblin again What is your name again, my friend? Your master Ruggba sounds like a tyrant who bullies you into obeying him, is that so? Perhaps he is behind this. How would you fancy leading your people, my friend? If you assist us in our quest we can help you escaping the rule of Ruggba and I am sure your fellow goblins would recognize and appreciate that. What do you say?

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#133 Post by ybn1197 »

Aicanar folds his arms over his chest and tilts his head down, glaring at the goblin. It is obvious to all that he is not interested in assisting the goblins in any way or pretense, but he detests being made of fool of even more.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#134 Post by Distorted Humor »

The Goblin goes "My name is ZKAAAKK, I don't have choice to help you, but I can give you safe passage, but you must promise that if you are not attacked, you will not attack or rob. There will be enough of us that if you do attack, I might die but others will make sure you don't get out. Is that a fair deal to you smelly types?"

GreyWolfVT

#135 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Gregor "I'll not harm or rob you unless I am harmed or robbed myself. Do unto others as you would wish done unto you."

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#136 Post by ybn1197 »

Aicanar merely scowls at the retched creature but nods his head slightly to indicate his agreement to the terms.

zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#137 Post by zebediah »

Sounds good SZkaakk.

Return to “Shadow over Rendhold Playtest”