OOC

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

OOC

#1 Post by Distorted Humor »

This is for the Out of Character discussions.

Looks like a fun group, lotta Elves :lol:

I will open the game up tomorrow, for Brevity, Instead of the usual bar where they meet up, I will assume the group is already joined up, and in a "Standard Fantasy basecamp town" so that the party will get background info, discuss, and form a plan.

mordechiyoel
Scout
Scout

Re: OOC

#2 Post by mordechiyoel »

Huzzah !!
Logan is ready to kill some bad guys :)

Cheers,
Malcolm

Tomcat42
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#3 Post by Tomcat42 »

Dayum, we be hatin' on the alcoholic beverage in this town! Looks to be a capital location for a new 'Alehaus of Hasselblat' franchise!
DM: "Black Dougal gasps 'Poison!' and falls to the floor. He looks dead."
Fredrik: "I'm grabbing his pack to carry treasure in."

Tomcat42
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#4 Post by Tomcat42 »

Distorted Humor wrote: (OOC: In all fairness, the game is a 2 post a week so they have some time to post :) )
Didn't mean to rush anyone ;) . I figured Hrothgar would probably take the opportunity to have his armor seen to at the smithy from time to time and he could get directions to the 'Mouth' while he was there (i.e. no real actions or decisions until everyone has posted - just info gathering).

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#5 Post by Distorted Humor »

ok :)

HereticalOne
Scout
Scout

#6 Post by HereticalOne »

Do we want/need any hireling/mercenary fighters to help deal with things, or are we good to go as-is?

Are we going to travel mostly on foot, or should we secure horses?

do we need some mules?

I have a bit of gold left-over, so I can maybe help out a bit, if we need to acquire any of the above.
I don't have a signature thingy.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#7 Post by Distorted Humor »

HereticalOne wrote:Do we want/need any hireling/mercenary fighters to help deal with things, or are we good to go as-is?

Are we going to travel mostly on foot, or should we secure horses?

do we need some mules?

I have a bit of gold left-over, so I can maybe help out a bit, if we need to acquire any of the above.
Totally up to the party

HereticalOne
Scout
Scout

#8 Post by HereticalOne »

Just wanted to make sure I asked before we left. I'm open to whatever the group decides is best.

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#9 Post by Blazeguard »

I picked up a mule and at least one other person has a horse I saw. Some hirelings would probably be a good idea. Should probably ask Tallie if she knows anyone or where to find some.

Tomcat42
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#10 Post by Tomcat42 »

I'd say we get a torch bearer and a tender for the mule for a walking trip out to the Mouth (if it's not too far), see how that goes and then add some real redshirts once we get back for our main trip to the Mausoleum/Main Event. Ferry puts us at 5 miles to the Mausoleum, I think. Won't likely need horses (at least Hrothgar has a certain aversion to them, anyway :shock: ). Just my 2 coppers.

HereticalOne
Scout
Scout

#11 Post by HereticalOne »

Okay. Let's hire a guide. Let's test-out the potential recruits: how about we put them on probation and task them with hunting, patrolling around the Mouth of Doom while we're inside. I have a set of Scale-Mail that I can award to the one who distinguishes themselves in doing an exceptional job. I would also like to examine the recruit's weapons--if they ill-equipped, we can make them a deal, especially for hunting bows or sings, as well as spears.

If the recruits aren't the best quality, or Hrothgar doesn't like them so much, we can try our luck at the Barracks. But I would avoid deserters, if possible. We should check on the recruits via the Barracks Master while we can, just to see if they're more suspicious than I already suspect. (I have a feeling they might be bandits...)

One mule is probably plenty for our first trip out to this place. It might be a good idea to map things out a bit, clear a trail, and possibly build a base-camp, depending on the situation. We'll need firewood, fresh water, and food, if we're coming out of this place wounded and not quite ready to travel. We might also want to see who else is going into this place. The most dangerous thing to a band of adventurers is often another band of adventurers...

I have a guard-dog for sniffing-out owlbears and such. It can help watch over the mule.

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#12 Post by Darkmane »

Well we have some recruits. My character has a personal supply of food, but we may want to load up the mule with supplies before heading out there. It gives us the option to set up a base camp if we decide to stay a while. My character has a bit of gold she can invest into food.

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#13 Post by Dogma »

I think having at least 4-5 days of food and water for everyone isn't a bad idea. We could also load up the mule with a few heavier items that might com ein hand...shovel, pick, extra rope, black and tackle, etc. If we're going to go dungeoneering, let's go prepared :)

I have some gold I can chip in.

HereticalOne
Scout
Scout

#14 Post by HereticalOne »

Should we try to talk a little business with those Rangers that Hrothgar met on the way back from the Smithy?
They might have some helpful advice about the area we're going to...and maybe they can help us out with a map or some directions...

goucherg
Squire
Squire

#15 Post by goucherg »

That sounds like a good idea.

Tomcat42
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#16 Post by Tomcat42 »

HereticalOne wrote:Should we try to talk a little business with those Rangers that Hrothgar met on the way back from the Smithy?
They might have some helpful advice about the area we're going to...and maybe they can help us out with a map or some directions...
We can keep an eye out for them although I believe they mentioned they were on their way out to the coastal road (via ferry? not sure).

I've got basic kit for caving (rope, hammer and spikes). Probably need to confirm we've got enough torches, possibly some oil (for the gift that keeps giving). I'm going to pick up a quarterstaff, as I can't seriously picture dragging along a full 10 feet of pole on the floor behind me (I usually wraps it around me leg, if ye must know!).

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#17 Post by Darkmane »

I have a riding horse we can bring with us, and I will load it up with 40 trail rations and ~5 days of water for us. I'll walk next to the horse, so we can use her as an extra mule. It may be nice to have at least one horse with us in case I need to cover ground quickly.

We could buy another mule to carry the devling gear (shovels, picks, block and tackle, and anything else).

Also, I had something weird happen which wiped out the header to my character? I don't know if it was because I tried to view the PC sheet from a mobile device? This morning I copied most of the relevant info into a text document on my PC and I wrote back in as much as I could remember, so hopefully I'm protected against that happening again.

Tomcat42
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#18 Post by Tomcat42 »

Hmm, sounds like a bad omen!

HereticalOne
Scout
Scout

#19 Post by HereticalOne »

Good idea Darkmane. I purchased a skinny, but sturdy mule from the inn-keeper. I loaded it up with a lot of basic delving-gear and extra rations. So we're pretty much on the same page. Great minds and all that, eh?

Sorry to hear about the header going wonky. Maybe it is the mobile device. The site might not be 100% happy with such things. Good idea to make a back-up. I'm doing the same, just in case...

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#20 Post by Distorted Humor »

Those Gnolls might not make it though round one! :)

Return to “Delving into Rappan Athuk”