rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Action Thread 10

#61 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex – 11:56 a

The Slave Pits
Round 3

Phanstern starts invisibly moving, while Dredd keeps watch up top.

Eljay moves up, and, with Freda, attempt to attack from the back row, barely missing their targets.

Elwita also is unable to connect with her hammer.

Kayen, on the other hand, continues strong attacks hurting the guy in front of him some more.

The mercs start moving back up the stairs as they return the attacks. In quite impressive flashes of axe and sword they attack, but are unable to come close to hitting.

Ogre surprised by the incredibly poor morale check of the orcs, starts searching for keys. Which he finds on the orc impaled by Kayen’s javelin.

Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (110.5 KiB) Viewed 710 times
I need an initiative roll for round four. The slaves (unguarded) and Ogre are at the top of the steps, the two fighters are moving back up the steps and the merchant still is lying next to the steps. Everyone should be as per the map at this point.

[/b]HPs: Ogre (1) - 45/45; Elwita (1) - 32/50; Delgath (6) - 25/25; Blodgett (3) - 10/20 ; Freda (-5) - 29/40; Phanstern (2) - 25/25; Eljayess (1) - 17/25; Kayen (2) - 25/25
WIH: Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light) (short bow), shield]; Elwita Hammer (heavy xbow): Staff; Delgath: Staff; Blodgett: short sword (sling); Freda: long bow (long sword), shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield (long bow); Kayen: long sword (long bow), shield]
MO: Eljayess, Elwita, Kayen, Blodgett, Ogre, Freda, Delgath, Phanstern
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern OUT (Phanstern) - (121 minutes left OUT) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch - (not lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-3/4, 2-1/2, 3-1/1 : Phanstern: 1-3/4, 2-2/2, 3-0/1; Eljayess: 1-2/4, 2-2/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2

Invisibility potion: 2 doses left.

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: House Rules and Questions to the DM

#62 Post by max_vale »

Ogre clumsily picks up the key ring and starts to search through them and begins to free the poor slaves as he finds the correct key for each lock....

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#63 Post by Stirling »

Kayen will continue to press his attack on the retreating fighters, aiming to take them out before they get up the stairs to pass Ogre. Hitting the previously injured one with the following attack:

[1d20+3]=19 [1d8+2]=9 damage.

"Someone search this downed merchant, coup-de-grace the b'stard' and filch through his stuff" Kayen will mutter as he steps over the guys prone body.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#65 Post by Distorted Humor »

[1d20] = 14+4
[1d4] = 4+5
(OOC: carried over from last round)

[1d20] = 17+4
[1d4] = 2+5

Elwita screams "Can't touch this" and goes into hammer-time....

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#66 Post by rredmond »

Heydee all hope to update later today or early tomorrow. Not everyone has posted, but if that's still the case by then I'll push forward.
Work has been killer and sicknesses have hit my home a bit. Sigh, but if not later today when I'm off the road, then definitely early tomorrow morning. :)
Thanks all!
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex – 11:57 a

The Slave Pits
Round 4

Party wins initiative.

Ogre starts setting the locked up slaves free.

Kayen presses his attack on the guard in front of him, striking hard and seriously hurting the guy who starts to look like a trapped animal.

Elwita, with two very loud smashes of her hammer lays out the guy in front of her. Side of his helm, and head caved in.

Eljay bravely continues to attack from the back row, but continually missing their targets.

The remaining guard takes a quick look behind and decides that's the better way to go. He takes off up the stairs raising his sword over his head, charging toward Ogre, and escape.

Delgath, Ogre and Phanstern do not note any oncoming bad guys. Phanstern and Blodgett are both still invisible. The sewage moat moves stinkily in it's circular pattern under the bridge.

I don't really need an initiative roll for round 5. The guard is in full run-away mode.

HPs: Ogre (1) - 45/45; Elwita (1) - 32/50; Delgath (6) - 25/25; Blodgett (3) - 10/20 ; Freda (-5) - 29/40; Phanstern (2) - 25/25; Eljayess (1) - 17/25; Kayen (2) - 25/25
WIH: Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light) (short bow), shield]; Elwita Hammer (heavy xbow): Staff; Delgath: Staff; Blodgett: short sword (sling); Freda: long bow (long sword), shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield (long bow); Kayen: long sword (long bow), shield]
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern OUT (Phanstern) - (121 minutes left OUT) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch - (not lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-3/4, 2-1/2, 3-1/1 : Phanstern: 1-3/4, 2-2/2, 3-0/1; Eljayess: 1-2/4, 2-2/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#68 Post by tkrexx »

Ogre! Phanstern shouts. Behind you!!

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#69 Post by saalaria »

Dredd monitors the escape route to the rear.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#71 Post by Stirling »

seeing the guard run away up the stairs, Kayen will turn his attention to the prone merchant at the bottom. At sword point he will poke him and if still alive bring him round, disarmed and searched for papers, gucci' stuff and then hand him over to the others to decide his fate.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#72 Post by rredmond »

Eljay will be able to push through and get in an attack.
The merchant is bleeding profusely and his breathing is very shallow... poking doesn't revive him.
:)

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#73 Post by Stirling »

"I say strip him and tie him up with a note saying 'runaway slave' let the orcs do with him what they please.", Kayen will suggest regarding the prone merchant. "Where to next, up the ladder and through the tunnels or pressing on this way up the stairs, there are more slaves to be liberated that way"

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#75 Post by max_vale »

Ogre turns at the yell and keeps an eye out for any attackers....

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#76 Post by tkrexx »

If all the enemies on the ramp are dead, Phanstern will find his way up.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#77 Post by Distorted Humor »

Elwita turns to attack the nearest bad guy.

[1d20] = 9+4

[1d4] = 2+5

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#78 Post by Stirling »

Kayen will give a disapproving look at the prone merchant and then kicking him to one side will make his way up the top of the stairs besides Ogre and the slaves at the top. There was still one fighter character fleeing up the stairs, trust Ogre 'helped' him on his way.

What does Kayen see through the previously held portal?

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#79 Post by Alethan »

Having proved herself completely ineffective in melee combat, Freda will sheath her sword and kneel before the bleeding merchant. She will stop his bleeding to ensure he doesn't die (to be dealt with later or left to the slaves or... brought back for justice), then search him for anything of value.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex – 11:57 a

The Slave Pits
Round 4

Eljay quickly dispatches the guard running up the steps.

Ogre is able to set free the slaves but they start piling into the room. They do not want to go the way they came.

Kayen heads up the stairs unable to question the dying merchant. Slaves pass by on their way down.

Freda checks the merchant over, other than a pristine new short sword, and 28 GPs he has only standard items.

Phanstern sees that Ogre is safe and Dredd continues to look down the dark passageway for anyone coming - but it's still quiet and dark.

Ogre is surprised by the quiet that settles over the battle, which had been loud, surprised that no one has come to investigate. Of course there were those escaping orcs...

HPs: Ogre (1) - 45/45; Elwita (1) - 32/50; Delgath (6) - 25/25; Blodgett (3) - 10/20 ; Freda (-5) - 29/40; Phanstern (2) - 25/25; Eljayess (1) - 17/25; Kayen (2) - 25/25

Return to “Slave Pits of the Undercity”