Action Thread 10

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Action Thread 10

#41 Post by max_vale »

*Ogre slips around the door and yells out to the slaves; "We're here to free you! Stay down and we'll have you free momentarily!"; while moving towards the closest guard and swinging his Longsword at him....

Ogre's attack roll: 1d20+4 (+1 for Longsword +1; +2 for STR; +1 for Specialization): [1d20+4] = 19+4 = 23

Ogre's damage roll: 1d8+6 )+1 for Longsword +1; +3 for STR; +2 for Specialization): [1d8+6] = 5+6 = 11

*This post may be changed depending on Redmond's PM reply to a message I sent him; but I think this is the most likely course of action that Ogre will take

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#42 Post by saalaria »

Dredd will hold to see who is the biggest threat.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex – 11:55 a

The Slave Pits
Round 1

Moving forward Eljay calls for the bad guys to surrender!
As she does this the multiple super-fast twanging of a bow string is heard. And Freda appears as if from nowhere. Three arrows zoom to the small group of humans. The first one flying high, but the next plugging one large fighter type, who grunts more in surprise than pain at the arrow in his shoulder. The third slams into the merchant, who is knocked sideways (northward) off the stairwell with the arrow sticking out of his chest. He doesn’t seem to be moving at all.

Freda then stows her bow, and draws her sword to advance.

Elwita on the other hand does her best Warrior Princess impersonation and charges! Switching from merchant to the fighter with the arrow sticking in his shoulder, she attacks. Both hammer blows knocking the fighter off-balance. He wasn’t expecting the dwarf, but is prepared to return her attack!

Kayen seeing his javelin knocking orcs hither and thither, now joins in the fray. He attacks the other warrior at the bottom of the stairs. Also getting past the fighter’s defenses.

Ogre meanwhile moves around the door to face the slaves and multiple orcs in front of him. After getting cheers from the slaves that they are free, he slices the largest orc nearly in twain, adding his body to the javelin impaled one on the floor.

The fighters strike out at the heroes in front of them. Battle axe guy hitting Elwita but the surprise causing it to be a glancing blow (1 HP). Long sword guy strikes a true blow on Kayen, but the elfin chain deflected it.

The orcs, after but a moment of hesitation at the large man in front of them, attack. But that moment, checking their morale and figuring on their fingers that there are more of them, cost them. They all miss their attacks.

There are two fighter types still standing at the bottom of the steps, and 4 orcs left facing Ogre at the top.

Phanstern readies his multiple daggers. Blodgett and Dredd hold actions this round.

I need an initiative roll for round two. The orcs and Ogre at at the top of the steps, the two fighters are at the bottom and the merchant is lying next to the steps. Everyone should be as per the map, with Eljay moving forward.
Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (110.57 KiB) Viewed 1058 times
[/b]HPs: Ogre (1) - 45/45; Elwita (1) - 32/50; Delgath (6) - 25/25; Blodgett (3) - 10/20 ; Freda (-5) - 29/40; Phanstern (2) - 25/25; Eljayess (1) - 17/25; Kayen (2) - 25/25
WIH: Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light) (short bow), shield]; Elwita Hammer (heavy xbow): Staff; Delgath: Staff; Blodgett: short sword (sling); Freda: long bow (long sword), shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield (long bow); Kayen: long sword (long bow), shield]
MO: Eljayess, Elwita, Kayen, Blodgett, Ogre, Freda, Delgath, Phanstern
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern OUT (Phanstern) - (121 minutes left OUT) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch - (not lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-3/4, 2-1/2, 3-1/1 : Phanstern: 1-3/4, 2-2/2, 3-0/1; Eljayess: 1-2/4, 2-2/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2

Invisibility potion: 2 doses left.

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#44 Post by Nuke66 »

Eljay screams, "DROP IT OR DIE!" to the remaining foemen as she advances with her spear leveled.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#45 Post by Alethan »

Freda shouts no such thing, allowing her sword to speak for her as she rushes to the bottom of the stairs and attacks...

To Hit, Melee (THAC017) [1d20] = 2

Hmmm... Freda has nothing much to say at this point.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by Stirling »

Kayen will press his attack on the 'longsword' armed opponent, screaming some elven curse and moving upwards.

Longsword melee attack: 18

Longsword damage: 3

plus any bonus from 'glowing' sword...

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#47 Post by saalaria »

Dredd casts magic missile...

Ron - don't think I have ever had to make a roll for Dredd so not sure I even have access to him in the roller - can you check?

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#48 Post by Alethan »

That doesn't transfer, Sam. So if you haven't made the character on the dice roller under your login, then it isn't there.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#49 Post by Distorted Humor »

The dwarf looks up at the fighter (Do i get 2 or three attacks this round?) and hammers to (most likely no effect)

[1d20] = 3+4

[1d20] = 9+4

[1d4] = 3+4

[1d4] = 3+4

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#50 Post by saalaria »

Okay so Dredd casts and fires missiles at the most wounded, armoured (!!!!!!!), human until he goes down or all 3 have been shot:

Magic Missile [1d4+1] = 4+1 = 5

Magic Missile [1d4+1] = 2+1 = 3

Magic Missile [1d4+1] = 4+1 = 5

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by max_vale »

Ogre smiles savagely after striking down the first Orc and having the remaining Orcs miss on their retaliation attempts. Moving into the fray; he swings viciously at one to his left and then makes a backhanded slash at another to his right....

Ogre's first attack roll: 1d20+4 (+1 for Longsword +1; +2 for STR; +1 for Specialization): [1d20+4] = 7+4 = 11

Ogre's second attack: 1d20+4 (+1 for Longsword +1; +2 for STR; +1 for Specialization): [1d20+4] = 3+4 = 7

(I'm guessing those are probably both misses; but just in case)

Damage roll 1: : [1d8+6] = 7+6 = 13

Damage roll 2: [1d8+6] = 5+6 = 11

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex – 11:56 a

The Slave Pits
Round 1

The obviously battle-hardened men actually pause at the calls for surrender from the spear-wielding elf in front of them. Which only gives the others a chance to attack.

Elwita misses with her first attack. But Kayen is right there to again hit the guy next to the baddie in front of Elwita, causing him to back up a step.

Freda tries to get into the fray, though unsuccessfully.

The men they are facing regroup and start to press to attack, but are shocked by three balls of energy that slam into the guy in front of Elwita, obviously hurting him pretty bad, causing him to miss his battle-axe attack against the dwarf.

The shock of seeing his companion so maligned, causes the other to miss with his long sword.

Seeing her opportunity the dwarf presses her attack, and knocks the guy with a blow that staggers him yet another few steps. They still look ready to fight but are casting glances behind them at the rumpus up the steps.

There are no voices but the moans of orcs coming from that way. Ogre cuts one almost completely in half with his sword and the other three drop weapons, screaming, and run off down the hallway.

I need an initiative roll for round three. The slaves (unguarded) and Ogre are at the top of the steps, the two fighters are at the bottom and the merchant still is lying next to the steps. Everyone should be as per the map, with Eljay moving forward. Specialized fighters only get one attack this round.

HPs: Ogre (1) - 45/45; Elwita (1) - 32/50; Delgath (6) - 25/25; Blodgett (3) - 10/20 ; Freda (-5) - 29/40; Phanstern (2) - 25/25; Eljayess (1) - 17/25; Kayen (2) - 25/25
WIH: Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light) (short bow), shield]; Elwita Hammer (heavy xbow): Staff; Delgath: Staff; Blodgett: short sword (sling); Freda: long bow (long sword), shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield (long bow); Kayen: long sword (long bow), shield]
MO: Eljayess, Elwita, Kayen, Blodgett, Ogre, Freda, Delgath, Phanstern
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern OUT (Phanstern) - (121 minutes left OUT) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch - (not lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-3/4, 2-1/2, 3-1/1 : Phanstern: 1-3/4, 2-2/2, 3-0/1; Eljayess: 1-2/4, 2-2/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2

Invisibility potion: 2 doses left.

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#53 Post by Alethan »

Melee is not Freda's forte...

To Hit, Melee (THAC017) [1d20] = 11

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by tkrexx »

Phanstern will begin to move the long way south around the room to Ogre's position.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#55 Post by saalaria »

Dredd holds his action for the next round - he'll take a look down the passage behind him for any threat.
Ron - how far can he see behind?

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#57 Post by max_vale »

Ogre is momentarily stunned.....that outnumbered as he was he had somehow managed to drop two of his opponents and the others ran off screaming and he didn't have so much as a scratch on him....

Shrugging with a smile at his good luck; Ogre glances around to make sure that there were no more threats in the immediate area and then he turns to the slaves and starts to look for ways to free them from their bonds/shackles....

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by Stirling »

Kayen will press the attack on the nearest fighter, pressing forward up the steps, aiming for the guys legs to hamstring him then we'll have a prisoner to talk to...

Melee attack: [1d20+3] = 21, melee damage [1d8+2]=7

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#59 Post by ToniXX »

If Blodgett can maneuver behind an enemy, he will do so an engage with an invisible backstab.

Ron, let me know if that will work. Sorry for being AFK for so long.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#60 Post by Distorted Humor »

Elwita keeps up the hammering fury using all the force in her little body to smash and bash the evildoers.

[1d20] = 3+4

[1d20] = 14+4

[1d4] = 4+5

[1d4] = 4+5

Return to “Slave Pits of the Undercity”