Action Thread 10

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Action Thread 10

#101 Post by Alethan »

saalaria wrote:"So perhaps its time for a vote? All those who want to press on say aye. I believe we have rescued all the slaves so we should return."
Freda nods, "I'm with Dredd."
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#102 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex – 12:10 p

The Slave Pits

Marching Order is below.
Also a reminder Blodgett and Phanstern are still invisible, for the time being. Potions have a random finite period of time that they work.

The party discusses whether or not they will press forward, or depart the Slave Pits with the slaves they have stashed behind them.

Let me know how you'd like to proceed.

HPs: Ogre (1) - 45/45; Elwita (1) - 32/50; Delgath (6) - 25/25; Blodgett (3) - 10/20 ; Freda (-5) - 29/40; Phanstern (2) - 25/25; Eljayess (1) - 17/25; Kayen (2) - 25/25
WIH: Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light) (short bow), shield]; Elwita Hammer (heavy xbow): Staff; Delgath: Staff; Blodgett: short sword (sling); Freda: long bow (long sword), shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield (long bow); Kayen: long sword (long bow), shield]
MO: Kayen, Ogre, Eljayess, Elwita, Blodgett, Freda, Delgath, Phanstern
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern OUT (Phanstern) - (121 minutes left OUT) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch - (not lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-3/4, 2-1/2, 3-1/1 : Phanstern: 1-3/4, 2-2/2, 3-0/1; Eljayess: 1-2/4, 2-2/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2

Invisibility potion: 2 doses left.

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#104 Post by max_vale »

Ogre scratches his head and looks confused for a moment; "Umm.....I guess I vote we get these slaves somewhere safe.....so is that pressing on? Whatever....let's get them out of here; whatever that is; I vote for it."

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#105 Post by Stirling »

"Okay, you say ahead of us are more fighters antmen and empty cages, behind us, some tunnels and a way up and out with some liberated slaves and the head of the honcho. Plus details on a new caravan going out to some hidden slave base. Lets' go that way then (pointing back to the sewer room and up the ladder), I'll take this rear point to guard any foes following."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#106 Post by Alethan »

Freda agrees with the decision to leave, taking information and slaves to freedom.

She looks down at the not-yet-dead merchant and says, "Maybe we could even bring this one with us. I'm sure they could get more useful information out of him, once they've healed him up some."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#107 Post by Argennian »

The small, squeaky voice of the invisible Blodgett pipes up after Freda offers her thoughts about the disposition of the still-living merchant man.

"I certainly ain't wanting to tangle with any more of them bugmen either, friends. But I'm a bit concerned on just how we're supposed to walk out of here with all these slaves in the middle of the day. Remember that we stole into this place under the cover of night while most everyone was sleeping. Pretty sure everyone is going to be up and active now back above. So unless we're going to take a chance and make like we're leaving here with some slaves we just bought, could be a really tough go..."

After a brief pause, "hmm, wonder if we could heal and revive this bloke here, then charm him somehows. Mayhap he could act as cover for just such a ruse? Regardless, whatever we're gonna do, we best do it quickly. Likely only a matter of time before them suckers down yonder send someone for help or sound an alarm..."
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#108 Post by Stirling »

"C'mon guys get moving, forward or back...!"

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#109 Post by Argennian »

"What's our play? I'm ready to sneak forward and cause a distraction, friends. Or whatever will help, if everyone's on board with attacking and trying to take 'em out before they can call reinforcements or raise an alarm... "
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#110 Post by tkrexx »

I believe we are out-voted, my friend, Phanstern's eyes travel from one party member to another. It's true, we have saved many slaves, and our power is at a low point. It may well be time for a strategic withdrawal. I'm the "Escape Artist," I can cover our exit and delay any pursuit, so I'll take the rear guard. Just then, he realizes he's still invisible. It's Phanstern, you know...

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#111 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex – 12:25 p

The Slave Pits

Blodgett and Phanstern remain invisible.

Things still remain calm as slaves mill about. There are (dice clatter) no visitors to this room. One of the paths out is the, now closed, door at the top of the stairs where there be insect men and slave pits at the end of the long passage. The other, the hole in the ceiling, at the top of the ladder where you came in. There are dead orcs, dead slavers, a dead slave leader, and an unconscious merchant. The sewage circling the middle platform has run green again, the splotches of blood from the battle being swept away in it's semi-putrid current.

The slaves talk in low murmurs and look to you for help. But they seem calmer than the other slave group that Elwita sent on her way and aren't as noisy. Allowing you time to discuss and the ability to think. But the quiet is a bit too disconcerting in this below ground slaver lair, as if the dungeon is waiting for something to happen.

Let me know how you'd like to proceed, remember the map is here for your planning needs, but a bit wide sorry about that: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=442&p=96085#p96085

HPs: Ogre (1) - 45/45; Elwita (1) - 32/50; Delgath (6) - 25/25; Blodgett (3) - 10/20 ; Freda (-5) - 29/40; Phanstern (2) - 25/25; Eljayess (1) - 17/25; Kayen (2) - 25/25
WIH: Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light) (short bow), shield]; Elwita Hammer (heavy xbow): Staff; Delgath: Staff; Blodgett: short sword (sling); Freda: long bow (long sword), shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield (long bow); Kayen: long sword (long bow), shield]
MO: Kayen, Ogre, Eljayess, Elwita, Blodgett, Freda, Delgath, Phanstern
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern OUT (Phanstern) - (121 minutes left OUT) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch - (not lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-3/4, 2-1/2, 3-1/1 : Phanstern: 1-3/4, 2-2/2, 3-0/1; Eljayess: 1-2/4, 2-2/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#112 Post by Argennian »

Blodgett creeps back to the doorway and will take a look down the passage that leads to the empty slave pit room where the bugman & orc baddies are waiting for them. While doing so, he cups and strains his hobbit ears to try and determine if he can hear any talking or other noises.

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#113 Post by max_vale »

Ogre will sling his Shield to his back and keeping a grip on his trusty sword, he will follow close behind Kayen, anxious to get the slaves out of this dungeon....

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#114 Post by Argennian »

Satisfied that the baddies are not sneaking up on them as the party deliberates, Blodgett assesses the condition of the door to see if it can be closed and secured. If he can do so, he will.

OOC: In going back and rereading the previous action, still not sure if the door was busted open or simply opened up. I believe it was the later?

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#115 Post by rredmond »

The door was magically sealed and simply pushed open when the bad guys came in.
It's a perfectly serviceable door.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#116 Post by Argennian »

Blodgett closes the door and secures it (if he can) and rejoins the others below.

"Well, no sneak attack coming and it's all quiet down that hall. Don't know if they'll keep waiting for us or not. Mayhap they already fell back?"

<sound of deep breath being taken>

"So what's the escape plan, lads and ladies? We backtracking to where we came in? Oh, we gonna take one of these merchants back with us alive, 'long with them slaves? Could be valuable intel to our benefactors! I can take the lead and move ahead quietly... you know, to make sure we don't stumble on any surprises!"

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#117 Post by tkrexx »

One "merchant" would be good, if possible, but I would not risk one slaves' life in the effort, Phanstern's voice can again be heard.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#118 Post by Alethan »

Freda says,"This merchant is still alive. Lets take him and try and get out of here with the slaves we've rescued thus far."

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#119 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex – 12:26 p

The Slave Pits

Blodgett and Phanstern remain invisible.

Party decides that getting the slaves, and their information, to freedom is the safest bet at this point. Looking at Elwita's map they realize (since they aren't going west to where the insect men lay in wait) there are several options. There was a secret door all the way around the passage, by the cells that they never checked out. There was the stairs going up (that was nearest to them) that they never checked out. Then there were the stairs they came down, right on the edge of the giant ant and insect men part of the sewers, and lastly the trap door in (room #7) the room where they charmed the insect man at the northern part of insect-infested area. Plus some passages that they just didn't explore.

They start getting the slaves up the ladder and Elwita (who's player is MIA it seems) moves to be rear guard. Please check the MO below to see if that's the marching order the party likes at this point. The passages are mostly single file. Oh yeah, and the passages, unlike this room, are unlit.

Let me know how you'd like to proceed and who grabs torches. A new map is here for your planning needs, still a bit wide: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=442&p=97350#p97350

MO: Kayen, Ogre, Eljayess, Blodgett, Freda, Delgath, Phanstern, slaves, Elwita

Return to “Slave Pits of the Undercity”