rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Action Thread 19

#1 Post by rredmond »

Are y'all going to rest?
How long?
What's your next actions? :)
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Action Thread 19

#2 Post by Argennian »

Yosef would like to rest up and make sure that he and the others are fully healed before they commit to anything else. As previously discussed, he is in agreement that the party should lay low and not announce their presence yet.

To summarize, he'd like to:
- cast detect magic on everything they have acquired to date and further scrutinize the items they relieved the dead rat king of. He'd ask Melissa if there's any way she can help in that regard. He has a pretty good idea what the wand might do and but he'd like to further research the other items they recovered.
- ask Melissa if the cultists use magic in any way or if she knows of any other users of magic here in Shard besides himself.
- once fully healed, do a complete reconnoiter and search of Zone 6, to make sure the party didn't miss anything. He'd use his elven racial abilities to seek out any secret or hidden doors or areas, but would ask and prefer if Bruard used the magical helm to assist in those efforts, since that may be a safer method. (Thinking of the room of rotting food here and what ugly things might be in it).
Note: not just looking for treasure they may have missed but any hidden passages or ways to access any of the other zones.
- perhaps recover some more of those old bottles of spirits so they can make and have ready more Molotov cocktails/prepared incinerary devices.
- ask Melissa if she can use the birds or her other animal friends to keep tabs on the goblins on a daily basis, just in case their leader shows up or something else occurs that might interest the party. Also anyone or anything coming to or leaving Shard.

OOC: thought of a few more things but figured I'd wait for the others to chime in first! :)
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#3 Post by Alethan »

Till agrees with Yosef.

"Seems we have a few days before we can do any kind of ambush activity. I'd rather not try and take on the goblins en force in their own domain. So let's spend a day exploring the rat king's former abode and the sector in general. Let's get started on that this morning, in fact."
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4 Post by ToniXX »

Bruard listens to Yosef and Till, then nods in agreement about getting started on exploring the rat king's area. He is ready with the helm when necessary.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by rredmond »

Day 20 – morning

Hearing the elf talk about magic the druidess gets a quick look of disgust on her face but quickly masks it and turns away. She answers Yosef’s questions, but directs the answers to others in the group, not really looking at Yosef much.

She doesn’t know anything about the wand.
The cultists have a shaman that uses some magic, low level magic. They are poor fighters really except for their two captains, who are a bit better, but one captain is out visiting their chieftain with ususally 14 to a score of the cultists. The big worry in that zone is the naga.

She allows you to stay, but though it’ll take only a day or two for everyone to heal, Jeloon will need some help. Upon taking the ointment back, she applies some to Jeloon’s wounds. Natural healing seems to work better in her zone and everyone is back to full after a quiet night’s sleep, which we will just stipulate. :)

What are you putting in the pile to cast the Detect Magic on?

When are you going to the were-rat’s zone? Each zone is pretty big, are you focusing search efforts on the temple, or throughout the whole place?

HPs: Jeloon - 29/29; Till - 36/36; Yosef - 10/10; Bruard - 19/19
WIH: Till: short sword (15' radius light); Jeloon: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Yosef: bow and arrow; Bruard: Mace, shield; Van: +1 ogre spear, shield; Eyman: +1 Battle Axe, shield
MO: 1- Jeloon; 2- Till; 3- Bruard & Eyman; 4- Ancor, Rosin, DAMs; 54 - Yosef ; 5 - Van
Consumables: Lantern - (Bruard) continual light 60' radius; Torch, 50 minutes (Yosef), 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (off), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Yosef: 1-2/2, 2-1/1; Bruard: 1-5/5, 2-4/4

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#6 Post by Alethan »

OK, so time to get this game ramped back up, boys. Here we go:

After resting for a bit, Till pulls out the pouch of gems he recovered from the rat king and examines them more closely in the bright sun to see if he can determine their value.

He suggests placing the following items together for Yosef's magical detection mumbo jumbo:
- incense

(ummm... what else did you have in mind, Mitch? I can't think of anything else that isn't obviously magical, like the wand and the glowing bastard sword.)

Then he suggests using the rope to climb the wall and once again gain entrance into the rat king's zone. If the party is going to attempt to take it over, or at least keep it as a safe haven, they'll need to go through it pretty thoroughly to make sure nothing was missed. With six people (one hopes Eyman is back on his feet again and can maybe start earning his keep once more?), Till suggests pairing up and spreading out to move through the sector more quickly. They can make sure and always keep visual contact with the other two groups.

Anyone have any preferences for splitting up? Till is fine with taking Van or Eyman. Maybe even having a preference of Eyman so he can make sure the boy hasn't gone soft on them during his recovery period. Granted, he did have part of his face ripped off by ghouls...

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#7 Post by ToniXX »

Alethan wrote:Anyone have any preferences for splitting up? Till is fine with taking Van or Eyman. Maybe even having a preference of Eyman so he can make sure the boy hasn't gone soft on them during his recovery period. Granted, he did have part of his face ripped off by ghouls...
We should split up only if we can retain ear shot of each group. If we go underground again, we should stick together.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#8 Post by Alethan »

ToniXX wrote:
Alethan wrote:Anyone have any preferences for splitting up? Till is fine with taking Van or Eyman. Maybe even having a preference of Eyman so he can make sure the boy hasn't gone soft on them during his recovery period. Granted, he did have part of his face ripped off by ghouls...
We should split up only if we can retain ear shot of each group. If we go underground again, we should stick together.
Yeah, was thinking of just checking out everything above ground at first; just kind of a general sweep of the grounds. Then we could go underground and double-check everything. Till wants to poke around that first room a bit more, the one with the knife in the middle of the mud/dirt.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#9 Post by dmw71 »

For the record, Jeloon is fine to be paired with anyone if the group splits up, but she nominates Till to explore the stinky room. ;)
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#10 Post by Alethan »

dmw71 wrote:For the record, Jeloon is fine to be paired with anyone if the group splits up, but she nominates Till to explore the stinky room. ;)

har-dee-har-har :P

Hadn't even thought about the underground area so much yet; was just thinking about above-ground. I don't think we need to split up for the underground bit; it's relatively straight-forward.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Argennian »

Alethan wrote:
ToniXX wrote:
Yeah, was thinking of just checking out everything above ground at first; just kind of a general sweep of the grounds. Then we could go underground and double-check everything. Till wants to poke around that first room a bit more, the one with the knife in the middle of the mud/dirt.
OOC: agreed on both fronts. We have time to kill waiting for those goblins to go out on a raid, so we might as well be thorough!
Besides, we dirty, magic-slinging elves can't let well enough alone to stand still and not be sure. It's a well known fact...

Edit: if Till's going in that stinky room, we better tie a rope around him!
:)
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#12 Post by Alethan »

Look, Till going into the stinky room has NOT been decided yet!

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#13 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:Look, Till going into the stinky room has NOT been decided yet!
We'll see. ;)
-- Project --
-- DM --

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by rredmond »

Day 20 – Checking out the Wererat's zone

The gems look to be about 25gps (x3) and 10gps (x5).

The druidess let's you know that besides her zone, the Wererat's zone may be the next safest, now that he's been dispatched, at least for a little while. The other denizens of Shard knew there was something up with that zone, but didn't know what. They stayed away.

Upon entering back into the zone, with a somewhat jumpy (but willing) Eyman, and newly leveled Van you start to give the place a real once over. Hundreds of crumbling structures dot this Zone. Melissa let you know that more than any other zone in the city, this area resembles a ruined and ancient city. The area is completely barren of vegetation of any kind. The giant rats would scour the zone and continually eat anything that grows therein. This pretty much pissed Melissa off as well.
The majority of the buildings are small and appear to have been homes. All have had their roofs fall in and partial wall collapses are everywhere. It's pretty easy and quick to check them all out, taking the day to do it carefully.
The temple was the single building that resisted the effects of time much better than the other buildings. You see that the rats left nothing untouched. There doesn't seem to be anything to your eyes, or the elf's senses, that is of worth here anymore.

Please let me know if there's anything you need, or want to do before entering the temple..

HPs: Jeloon - 29/29; Till - 36/36; Yosef - 10/10; Bruard - 19/19
WIH: Till: short sword (15' radius light); Jeloon: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Yosef: bow and arrow; Bruard: Mace, shield; Van: +1 ogre spear, shield; Eyman: +1 Battle Axe, shield
MO: 1- Jeloon; 2- Till; 3- Bruard & Eyman; 4- Ancor, Rosin, DAMs; 54 - Yosef ; 5 - Van
Consumables: Lantern - (Bruard) continual light 60' radius; Torch, 50 minutes (Yosef), 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (off), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Yosef: 1-2/2, 2-1/1; Bruard: 1-5/5, 2-4/4

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#15 Post by Alethan »

OOC: Maybe just a light source? Didn't we use the continual light spell on a rock and put the rock in Bruard's lantern? If so, we should be good to go...

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Argennian »

Alethan wrote:OOC: Maybe just a light source? Didn't we use the continual light spell on a rock and put the rock in Bruard's lantern? If so, we should be good to go...
OOC: +1 sounds good to me.

Point of Order Pomegranate: Yosef is excited! He will wield longsword and keep a hand free to cast his magic missile spell, if needed. Brand new wand tucked comfortably in front belt line. Right there. For easy access. Quick and easy access...
:)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#17 Post by dmw71 »

Argennian wrote:Brand new wand tucked comfortably in front belt line.
Too many jokes. Far too many jokes.
-- Project --
-- DM --

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by rredmond »

dmw71 wrote:
Argennian wrote:Right there. For easy access. Quick and easy access... :)

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#19 Post by Alethan »

rredmond wrote:
dmw71 wrote:
Argennian wrote:Right there. For easy access. Quick and easy access... :)
If this was the character in Gary's game, I'd say he should change his name to PERVan...

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by Argennian »

Geez, I make one little joke... :D

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Return to “Legacy of the Unknown - Pacesetter Games Playtest (OSRIC module)”