OOC/Rants and Raves, questions and suggestions too

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC/Rants and Raves, questions and suggestions too

#321 Post by MonkeyWrench »

That fact that Deadpool even considers wearing a fedora is comedy in itself.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#322 Post by GreyWolfVT »

it's deadpool man he's crazy as hell. But hilariously so. At least in my opinion. He was thinking he was a detective so hence the fedora and trench coat.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#323 Post by Rukellian »

Update coming for both sides Tuesday morning.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge
atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#324 Post by atpollard »

Just a courtesy heads up ...
Life has taken a turn for the crazy.
Nothing serious, but I need to drop out of all of the games and deal with things for at least a few months.
"welcoming humbly His light and proudly His darkness" - e.e. cummings
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#325 Post by Rukellian »

atpollard wrote:Just a courtesy heads up ...
Life has taken a turn for the crazy.
Nothing serious, but I need to drop out of all of the games and deal with things for at least a few months.
Thank you for the heads up atpollard.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge
GreyWolfVT

#326 Post by GreyWolfVT »

we've lost our "techy" on the villains side that sucks but i hope to see you back again soon atpollard
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#327 Post by Rukellian »

Update coming up for both sides Tuesday morning. Zhym, if you don't roll for the awareness check, I will do so for you. Gotta keep things moving so that people don't lose interest ;)
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#328 Post by Rukellian »

MonkeyWrench, remember what I said earlier to you when you made your villian? Yeah... let's stick with what was said, okay? Good! :D
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#329 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Ruke! I find that fact that you think I may meta game deplorable!

Don't you worry, I got this 8-)
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#330 Post by Rukellian »

MonkeyWrench wrote:Ruke! I find that fact that you think I may meta game deplorable!

Don't you worry, I got this 8-)
nah, wouldn't suspect you MW.... but, gotta reinforce certain things as DM, you know, make it look like I am staying on top of it all ;)
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#331 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Ahh... I got it. *wink* *wink*
GreyWolfVT

#332 Post by GreyWolfVT »

you know what I think would be funny as hell MW face off with himself Hero vs Villain :D

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#333 Post by MonkeyWrench »

With the way they like Rooftops that may just be happening! :lol:
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#334 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Rukellian wrote:
Zhym wrote:When SCAMP hears about the figure on the ledge, he reaches out and listens for thoughts from the figure.

[1d100] = 42
The thoughts are picked up by SCAMP, but they come in scattered, or appear to be scattered. It's a thought process that is erratic and almost animalistic, very unnerving. What you can make out though is even more so!

The man with the yellow eyes and bright violet hair thinks crazy thoughts. He thinks of his 'allies' as playthings, of the mutants below as more playthings, everyone being fairgame for the slaughter. Emotions of sadness float up, but not for the reasons you would think. Confusion swamps the mind, an internal battle between another? Thoughts of a smokestack burn into the final glimpses of the mind, and a dark curiosity.

SCAMP is unable to pick up on any lines of inner dialogue, only base emotions and mental pictures.
I dare say Ruke has just about hit Genocides thoughts on the proverbial nail head! I don't even know if he can qualify as a guy anymore after the experiments done to him... and going off of the character fleshing out I posted in the villain thread it would make total sense for those thoughts to come up as scrambled and jotled images and emotions as his predatory side battles with what was once humanity....

Good job Ruke!
GreyWolfVT

#335 Post by GreyWolfVT »

So I forget how many of us in this game are former city of heroes/villains gamers?

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#336 Post by Rukellian »

Rukellian wrote:I was a CoH and CoV player, yes. My home server was Justice, but I eventually branched out to many others including Freedom, Protector, Guardian and others. This was mainly due to my Altitis, its an actual disease ;)

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Altitis

Anyways, yeah, those were the golden years for me. It was in that community, that my interest in good story writing and character creation kicked in, which eventually lead its way to my DnD work and its other RPG cousins.

My three main characters were:

Shivan Manifestation, my very first level 50 Rad/Rad Defender. For the longest time, I didn't choose his debuff anchors, and everyone hounded me on it. I learned the error of my ways with a quick character respec :lol:

CABAL 2, my very first level 50 Robotics/Traps Mastermind. He was very fun to play and served as the focal point for many of my CoX Fan-fiction stories, which were posted as actual missions in that virtual mission creating tool in-game.

Fun fact about the first two I mentioned, they are both the same person, just from different times in his life! In a nutshell, Shivan Manifestation became an influential leader in Paragon City, founding his own research company known as ShivanTech Industries. His main rivals were of course Crey Industries and Aeon Technologies. Over time he became disillusioned about his role as a hero and paragon of the city and went rogue! He donned the mask of CABAL 2 and systematically built an army of mutant cyborgs of his own! His goal? To overthrow the current system of supers and build it from scratch, in hopes preparing everyone for the coming invasion...

It was at that point that a new timeline formed, with CABAL 2 having succeeded but at a great cost. A new world order was established, heroes were banned and hunted down, villians were no more and order was kept by the World Defense Force (WDF). It was from this new age that CABAL 2, having hidden himself from everyone for years, emerges once again, but this time as Shivan Manifestation once more! He makes use of of the resources he collected in secret of the years, as well as the remains of his old army, and forges a new heoric alliance, one that was similiar to the Freedom Phalanx in the days of past. He crushed the corrupt WDF and gave the world its final warning of the invasion he had foreseen, the very one that is on its way right now.

All villian groups that survived like Shivan did, all the heroes and various in-game factions, they all came together under one banner, throwing away past grudges and ties to help repel... That's as far as I got, literally. The servers went down for good and I didn't get to finish that story. Everyone would have been able to play it, had I been given more time :roll: .

Anyways, my third main was actually silly one called Chocolate Thunda. His back story was his own, but suffice to say, he was my main healer who walked all paths of morality in the game, the good, the bad, and the gray zones in between. His mental state was crazy, like LG's, but sane like Hot Streaks, and sometimes brilliant like Symbiosis', in his own twisted way. He was loads of fun to play and his theme was chocolate. In-game, he was the owner of his own Chocolate Factory and Sweets/Candy Monopoly. Infamous in reputation, exalted by many for his business like qualities and genius in the fields of candy craft, no one dared get in the way of his business deals, and if they did, they were reminded why they shouldn't have!

Ah, how I could go on about each of my characters and how much work I put into them, those were the Golden days for me... :D
GreyWolfVT

#337 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I remembered you were one of em Ruke and I think Zhym was one of the others and MW never played the game. Other than that I couldn't recall if anyone else here was a former resident of CoH/CoV. ;)

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#338 Post by Zhym »

Oh, yeah. I had lots of characters in that game. I didn't level most of them up very high, but the character creation process was so much fun I made lots of them. The only one I leveled to 50 was Capt. Kangaroo, the MA/SR scrapper (with the jump travel power, of course, and lots of kick attacks).
GreyWolfVT

#339 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I was very much into making new "toons" often and to me it was more fun in the leveling up process than it was in the lvl 50 range running all of the lvl 50 content.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#340 Post by Zhym »

Ruke, did you play around with the mission creation system at all? I can't remember what the official name was, but it let players create their own mission arcs. Some of them were a lot of fun. Some not so much, especially when it became clear that most players just wanted to use the system to powerlevel.

Return to “Rebirth of Power: a 4c system game”