Action Thread 11

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Action Thread 11

#61 Post by tkrexx »

I hate spiders, the Ranger repeats, drawing his bow and knocking an arrow.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#62 Post by Nuke66 »

"Agreed. They say you are never more than two feet away from one at any given time. But most of them are not very big." Al'Zur replies. He to pulls out his short bow and readies for more action.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#63 Post by Argennian »

Satisfied that the others got the message, and are on point and ready should we experience a sudden Arachnophobia Factor Alpha situation, Zafalia removes her pack and begins digging out some food as she responds gently and reassuringly to the shaky rats' squeaks. "It is true, sera! We will protect you from the spiders. So now be calm. You are no longer in danger. There are just a few questions I have before I give you some food and send you back to your kin," she details, making sure to kneel right down next to them and smile in magical reassurance.

"Firstly, I want to know about those trees in that chamber yonder," she details, pointing with her tiny hobbit hand towards the Mad Tree Room and taking on a serious visage, "I want to know who put them there. I want to know who made them come alive. Please tell me, sera..."
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#64 Post by saalaria »

"I see movement down here - something definitely coming this way. Anyone want to shoot at it?!"

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by tkrexx »

As soon as the Ranger identifies the movement as spiders he will loose 2 arrows.

To hit: [1d20+2] = 13+2 = 15, damage with bow: [1d6] = 3
To hit: [1d20+2] = 10+2 = 12, damage with bow: [1d6] = 6

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#66 Post by Distorted Humor »

Odo goes to shadows to hopefully backstab.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by rredmond »

Day 2 – 12:03 p

The party rushes into action again! The ranger curses the spiders, and his torch is lit.
As the cleric starts a spell, and the halfling hides in shadows, the ranger sends some arrows at the dark shapes in the darkness beyond, at least one finds it's purchase.
The spiders think better of the fight and disappear back the way they came, praising his god, Wulfgard is able to save his spell for use at a later time.

The four rats seem to calm still looking at the druidess and seem to answer her questions.

There's no further movement or light headed your way, all is quiet except for the musher, and distant sounds of waterfall.

PM to Argennian!

HPs: Varkos - 16/22; Ilhalevar - 8/8; Al'Zur- 5/7; SoT - 19/25; Wulfgard - 10/12; Zafalia - 11/11
WIH: Varkos: long sword; Ilhalevar: quarterstaff; Al'Zur: long sword; SoT: Spear, shield; Wulfgard: staff; Zafalia: spear, shield;
MO (10’): Zafalia; Varkos; Ilhalevar; Al'Zur; SoT; Wulfgard
Consumables: Hooded lantern (Zafalia) - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (SoT) OUT, 40' radius; lamp 20 minutes (Wulfgard) 20’ radius; Torch, 60 minutes Zafalia, 40’ radius OUT.
--------Spells: Ilhalevar: 1-1/1; Al'Zur: 1-1/1; Wulfgard: 1-2/4; Zafalia: 1-4/4, 2-2/3

Speak with animals: 3 minutes left

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#68 Post by Argennian »

Zafalia pays absolutely no attention to the threat of arachnophobia, trusting her companions to handle business as she gets busy trying to make the most of her spell. She leans down even closer, listening intently to their squeaks, and smiles warmly as she breaks off tiny pieces of trail rations for each member of her magically-induced vermin audience.

"Very good, sera. Now I want to know about this sad tree you speak of. Why do you call it that? Can you tell me where it is located and how to get to it? Is that also where the mushroom and leaf-people reside? How many of them are down here? Please tell me, sera..."

The little hobbit druidess will continue to break of little chunks of her food to keep the rats pleased and preoccupied while she queries them and they answer her...
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#69 Post by tkrexx »

"Mushroom People? Leaf People?" The Ranger grunts and looks questioningly at Wulfgard from the corner of his eye. The Scarecrows?

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#70 Post by saalaria »

Varkos looks at the ranger "whatever they are we will squish them! It seems to be clear this way now."

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#71 Post by rredmond »

Day 2 – 12:04 p

The way does appear clear at this point. Everyone watches for bad guys, but there doesn't seem to be anything but dark and damp down here.

The four rats seem to calm still looking at the druidess and seem to be squeaking answers to her questions.

All remains quiet except for the musher, and distant sounds of that waterfall.

PM to Argennian!

HPs: Varkos - 16/22; Ilhalevar - 8/8; Al'Zur- 5/7; SoT - 19/25; Wulfgard - 10/12; Zafalia - 11/11
WIH: Varkos: long sword; Ilhalevar: quarterstaff; Al'Zur: long sword; SoT: Spear, shield; Wulfgard: staff; Zafalia: spear, shield;
Consumables: Hooded lantern (Zafalia) - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (SoT) OUT, 40' radius; lamp 20 minutes (Wulfgard) 20’ radius; Torch, 60 minutes Zafalia, 40’ radius OUT.
--------Spells: Ilhalevar: 1-1/1; Al'Zur: 1-1/1; Wulfgard: 1-2/4; Zafalia: 1-4/4, 2-2/3

Speak with animals: 2 minutes left

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#72 Post by Distorted Humor »

Odo stays in the shadows, being awesome.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#73 Post by Argennian »

Zafalia listens intently to the rat's magically-induced report, thankful that she is gathering useful intel. She nods and smiles reassuringly while she dispenses tiny bite-sized bits of trail rations to her receptive animal audience. The little hobbit already wishes she had much more time left on her spell but is already pleased for the opportunity and thankful to know more about the foul, underground masters of this accursed place.

"That is very good, sera. Now you must tell me more about the mushroom. Other than the mad trees yonder, what else has it created? Do you know if it uses its captives for any of that stuff? And tell me... are the mushroom's captives people like me and my friends here, or perhaps any other animals? Do you know what the mushroom does with them?"

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#74 Post by rredmond »

Day 2 – 12:05 p

Still seems safe, though the warrior types get a little antsy, but nothing seems to be coming.

And the four rats remain calm still looking at the druidess, as far as you can tell continuing to give answers to her questions.

Still the musher mushes, and distant waterfall sounds continue.

Second to last PM to Argennian!

Speak with animals: 1 minutes left

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#75 Post by Distorted Humor »

Odo stays in the shadows, he likes it that way as he stands guard.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#76 Post by tkrexx »

The Ranger will keep watch for more spiders, or anything else that may come slithering hither.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#77 Post by Argennian »

Zafalia continues to offer up little chunks of rations to supplement her warmest, heartfelt smile of appreciation for her tiny vermin informants. "That is very good, sera. Now I need you to tell me exactly where the prisoners are kept. Once we go down the waterfall, which way do we go? Can we get to them without having to pass by the mushroom or his leaf men? And please tell me where the mushroom keeps the sad tree chained up..."

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#78 Post by saalaria »

Varkos moves to monitor whichever corridor is unwatched by SoT whilst the druidess finishes her conversation.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#79 Post by rredmond »

Day 2 – 12:06 p

Everyone remains vigilant, it still seems safe, nothing can be seen or heard other than the druidess speaking to rats.

But the rats get antsy two, they seem to hurry their answers, and move all over themselves to start to leave. As they talk to Zafalia, they point their noses south. Then when finished talking they take off to the north completely agitated, but there's apparently no more fight in them. But whatever they were fearing or talking about with the druidess seemed to have frightened them more than the spiders, because they headed out the same way those dark shapes seemed to have been headed in.

Still the musher mushes, and distant waterfall sounds continue. But now the druidess's spell is done.

Last PM to Argennian!

Speak with animals: done.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#80 Post by saalaria »

Varkos moves to check the south passage

"Son my guess is the threat will come from here - do you see anything as I dont. Zaf did you learn much to aid us? The speech was a bit too fast for me." The warrior breaks into a grin at his little jest.

Return to “Pod-Caverns Of The Sinister Shroom”