Re: The adventure begins

#1281 Post by ravenn4544 »

"Ruk - what say you? Any clue on what started the fire?"

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1282 Post by Rukellian »

The gnome just shakes his head in frustration as he is trying to figure out the situation himself. "I was watching the southern part of town, where the cave entrance's general direction was. I saw NOTHING. Unless the fire was caused by magical means, the attackers came from another direction. I was just as surprised as you guys were when I saw the smoke. I was wide awake too!"
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#1283 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Joven "I didn't really want to say anything back in town but I don't think it was the devils that did this. If it was them why wouldn't they have torched more than one house?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1284 Post by Rukellian »

"I can see where that line of thinking is going and I don't like it, not one bit! Morals aside, I don't see any reason why anyone would want to see a situation grow even worse for themselves. Doesn't make sense I tell yeah. Still... you guys sure you didn't see any of those blue little things running around with a torch? Maybe they are smarter than we though and decided to sneak around the town or something."
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1285 Post by ravenn4544 »

Oralorn in a lower voice "I am keeping the possibility of all options open until proven - or disproven - otherwise. At this point, without any evidence, we have but to assume that it is possible that it was a villager with knowledge of our whereabouts looking to see fate take a very specific - and final - direction. We should be wary."

GreyWolfVT

#1286 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Joven "I'm not saying that is the case, but with how quickly they were at accusing us of bringing misfortune to the town, and saying we failed our task nobody was happy to see us back in town but Roland's family. I will not go to conclusions just feels off to me is all." he pauses then adds after a moment of thought "It also does appear strange how fast a mob formed so soon. I think we need to finish this and then some investigating needs to be enacted I think."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Todd Spengo
Ranger
Ranger

#1287 Post by Todd Spengo »

Letholdus says, "It is very possible the demons recruited, bribed, or otherwise coerced one or more of villagers to burn the house. It may even be that the coming of the demons was no accident. Perhaps there is some proof of treachery we might find, in the caves or elsewhere."

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1288 Post by Rukellian »

"Regardless of what may be or may not be going on in the background, the situation at hand has not changed. We need to act quickly now and finish what we started, before any more incidents occur!" Ruken definitely sounds like he is in a hurry, perhaps he does not like the conversation being had and is trying to change the subject? The gnomes gullible nature at work once again. ;)

GreyWolfVT

#1289 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Joven finished with the conversation for now helps get the camp set and prepares for the caves.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1290 Post by ravenn4544 »

Oralorn lends a slow and steady eye towards Ruk.... processing...

Return to “Kingdoms and Dungeon Crawls”