General OOC thread

imperialus
Tracker
Tracker

Re: General OOC thread

#81 Post by imperialus »

Good point... on the XP thing. Gimme a day or so to think it over.

As for 'getting hosed'. Ever walked into a pawn shop and taken a look at their prices? They're about 50% retail right? Now, if you've ever sold something at a pawn shop they'll usually offer you about half what they're going to sell it for, and that's without the assumption that you boosted it off the back of a truck or busted into some guy's living room to take it.

Now, that said, I'm perfectly cool with you guys taking a walk. Y'Mattar is a big city. Lots of stuff going on.

One possibility no one has explored is what about returning the boat to the Had's? You might not make any money, but you might make a powerful friend.

Rostranor
Scout
Scout

#82 Post by Rostranor »

No I get where you are coming from as GM and where the Lizard is coming from. I am just plotting as a PC and trying to see what direction everyone else wants to move in. To me the boat and the mission are two separate things and the Lizard wants to make one dependent on the other. The goal at this point maybe to get out of this alive.

And I had thought of that but didn't want to tip my hand to the GM just yet :D

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#83 Post by Dogma »

Were there any other goods on the barge other than us (as slaves)? Ptah swiped the ledger from the chest and he does have a merchant backgound so he should be able to figure it out. We don't want to give up the barge with a hold fold of stuff.

If there are other goods it might be worth while to talk to the Hads. they would probably be very happy to get their boat and trade goods back. At the very least, the lizard should be paying for the trade goods too.

Regardless of what we do with the boat we should do the map caper. Get's us in with the Lizard for any other dealings we might want to do in the future.

imperialus
Tracker
Tracker

#84 Post by imperialus »

no, nothing else on the boat apart from some provisions. The boat was quite small, and between you and the guards it was pretty much filled to capacity.

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#85 Post by Dogma »

We are getting 400 iron for the boat. What is the concensus on going ofter the map?

I say "yea". It will get us in good with a contact in the seedy underbelly of the city that might be useful later.

Rostranor
Scout
Scout

#86 Post by Rostranor »

I'm not one to snub my nose at a plot hook. Beer, babes, and bling cost coin so let us get to it!

Todd Spengo
Ranger
Ranger

#87 Post by Todd Spengo »

Arngrim is in. Let's do this!

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#88 Post by Blazeguard »

Yep, I'm in too.

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#89 Post by MrHemlocks »

Yep...let's go on. Take that lizard for whatever we can squeeze from him, for the boat, and continue with story.

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#90 Post by Dogma »

Once we have the money how do you want to split it up? evenly or use it to equipe everyone according to need?

Since my sorcerer doesn't need to spend a bunch of money on equipement I'm willing to forgo a share now so that the fighter types can spend more on weapons/armor.

Why don't we do a quick wish of weapons/armor for everyone and we'll see what is available at the market. We'll need some theives tools and some basic equipement like rope, spikes, grappling hook, etc also. I can't remember what we pulled off the dead guards equipement wise. We should update the character sheets.

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#91 Post by MrHemlocks »

Dogma wrote:Once we have the money how do you want to split it up? evenly or use it to equipe everyone according to need?

Since my sorcerer doesn't need to spend a bunch of money on equipement I'm willing to forgo a share now so that the fighter types can spend more on weapons/armor.

Why don't we do a quick wish of weapons/armor for everyone and we'll see what is available at the market. We'll need some theives tools and some basic equipement like rope, spikes, grappling hook, etc also. I can't remember what we pulled off the dead guards equipement wise. We should update the character sheets.
Lets split it up evenly. You take the same amount as we do. Might need it for items, books, later on.

imperialus
Tracker
Tracker

#92 Post by imperialus »

oops. that was a genuine typo on my part. I meant 450.

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#93 Post by Dogma »

MrHemlocks wrote:
Dogma wrote:Once we have the money how do you want to split it up? evenly or use it to equipe everyone according to need?

Lets split it up evenly. You take the same amount as we do. Might need it for items, books, later on.
I was thinking I could forgo a share now, but maybe get a bigger cut of any loot after we get the map. I don't think there's much I can buy with 80 iron that would help me out much, but an extra 20 gold to the rest of you might be useful.

We can split 5 ways though. We each get 80 iron. To the market!

Rostranor
Scout
Scout

#94 Post by Rostranor »

Ari-Nasir is gonna make it rain black lotus and barenaked babes.

probably should get some armor though.

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#95 Post by Dogma »

Rostranor wrote:Ari-Nasir is gonna make it rain black lotus and barenaked babes.
Imperialus, were you thinking on using any of the carousing tables that are floating around the DCC blogsphere?

imperialus
Tracker
Tracker

#96 Post by imperialus »

I quite like the carousing tables so yes, I do plan on using them, (though I've modified them somewhat).

imperialus
Tracker
Tracker

#97 Post by imperialus »

Just a heads up, I might not be quite as prolific this week. I teach Jr. High and my report cards are due next Friday so I'm going to be pulling some long days.

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#98 Post by MrHemlocks »

imperialus wrote:Just a heads up, I might not be quite as prolific this week. I teach Jr. High and my report cards are due next Friday so I'm going to be pulling some long days.

Whenever you are ready.... ;)

imperialus
Tracker
Tracker

#99 Post by imperialus »

Should get a longer post up this evening. Report cards are done and out of the way. Have some running around to do today, but tomorrow is pretty open.

imperialus
Tracker
Tracker

#100 Post by imperialus »

The Drakai also provided you with a map showing the layout of the grounds on the estate. I apologize for the crudeness of the drawing, my MS paint skills are pretty rudimentary.

Unless there is any other 'legwork' you want to do. I'll fast forward things to the night of the job this evening.
Attachments
Estate.jpg
Estate.jpg (48.92 KiB) Viewed 700 times

Return to “Tales From the Fallen Empire [DCC]”