[Game #1] Main Group's Current Thread

FreebirdFootbagging
Strider
Strider

Re: [Game #1] Main Group's Current Thread

#81 Post by FreebirdFootbagging »

Taking into consideration the wizards words Aurora again locks her attention on the man, and with force demands "Your name, newcomer."

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#82 Post by NJWilliam »

Osan

Osan peers at the short young woman a bit quizzically, "No need for the spear, I am not this Raynar."

Looking past the girl to the barbarian, he raises his voice, "Suevi, I am called Osan, and am of the Norwold. Though my aim was poor just now, I can help with your wounds if you would allow."
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

Sulara
Tracker
Tracker

#83 Post by Sulara »

Sulara

"Let him by, like the Mage says we can use the help we can get. If he lies we can always kill him later.

imswayze
Tracker
Tracker

#84 Post by imswayze »

Sniff sniff sniff. I know that smell. He smells like he sleeps under the stars and takes mud baths to blend into the lands. I know not if he is safe, but I can tell you he knows things we could benefit from knowing as well.

Vonnn's instincts subconsciously loosen his grip on his hammer. He knows an evil druid would be a handful for even the entire lot of them, but he also knows that evil driuds aren't a probable thing to just stumble upon...especially after seeing how he acted and reacted in his encounter with the leeches.

Vonnn will remain on guard while Aurora is being treated. He has heal spells, if needed. At the moment, he is fairly jumpy and frazzled from the previous encounter. He doesn't have a strong opinion on which direction to take. Dare I say...he is a bit scared. He needs to pull his act together.

Thanks for clearing that up Landifarne. I think I will 'roll my own,' if you will. And I will stay up to speed now that I have more free time. Play on!

Landifarne
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#85 Post by Landifarne »

Stepping forward, Osan mumbles under his breath a bit and gingerly inspecs the Suevi's wounds. Having been rinsed with brandy by the apothecary's apprentice (and appreciating that the man knew how to cleanse the wounds), the wilder channels a bit of energy and directs it at the barbarian's wounds. Seeing the effect, and understanding that the wilder has talents aligned with their own, Arkthren and Vonn are satisfied- for the time being.

Suggesting that they move to the entry chamber, Arkthren assesses the party's situation and interrogates the newcomer. Scratched, bruised, scarred and dirty beyond belief, the wilder simultaneously looks like he's been gnawed upon by a bear and regurgitated out of a cow's stomach. Finally comprehending that he had been fleeing from the druidic cabals that ruled the people of the Norwold, the companions decided to grant the man a period of (tentative) acceptance.

By the time the druid had finished his narrative Arkthren and Aurora judged that is was only four bells until dawn. The now-larger party had to figure out what to do! Time was of the essence, but each of them was tired and could use some sleep.

Osan used two cure minor wounds on Sulara (she gets 2 HP back).

Well, what do you guys want to do? Osan's pretty much tapped out. Sulara's still hurt a bit. Arkthren (and others?) should probably switch up his spells. And, even though you "don't know it", Pursic's brought reinforcements that are up top. Give it seven hours and those three will be rapellng down the ropes.

Sulara
Tracker
Tracker

#86 Post by Sulara »

I vote for sleep heal and spell up if folks agree, set watches spell casters need a full rest. That means Sulara will take the longest watch needed.

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#87 Post by NJWilliam »

Osan

Osan nods at the Suevi. "Your wounds are looking better. If there is a place we can manage a rest, I should be able to heal anything that remains in the morning."
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers

Sulara
Tracker
Tracker

#88 Post by Sulara »

Sulara

May I ask that The Vonnn characteri refer to the right person when posting IC, it is Sulara who is injured and Vonnn has confused the two females a few times now :) if this is an IC personality thing just let me know and I will play it as such, thanks.
Last edited by Sulara on Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ythgar
Tracker
Tracker

#89 Post by Ythgar »

Arkthren

Arkthren agrees with Sulara and the wilder, that it would be best to get some rest. He addresses the party and says, "We'd do well to get some rest, and prepare to go further on."

Landifarne
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#90 Post by Landifarne »

Arkthren's words settle the matter, and the group decides to rest and recuperate before moving into the caverns proper. Planning on seven hours of rest, which will be sufficient for the spellcasters to regain their strength, the party sets watch. Non trusting the wilder, Sulara and Vonnn volunteer to split the time and keep an eye on the newcomer.

I believe Vonnn doesn't need to replace his spells. Will the group be resting in the entry chamber, or above ground? What watch schedule- Sulara first, then Vonnn?

Gabe, could you state again which spells you had chosen?

FreebirdFootbagging
Strider
Strider

#91 Post by FreebirdFootbagging »

Aurora does not need to rest and reevaluate her spells so she will take watch In whatever position suits the party most.

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#92 Post by NJWilliam »

Osan Taan, human druid

Osan rests, meditates, and commits the following spells to memory: cure minor wounds (x 3), light, invisibility to animals, faerie fire.

Afterwards, he begins scratching a rudimentary map of what he believes his path has been, which he will freely explain to any who ask.
He will, in turn, ask for information about the "Raynar" they are seeking, and what he looks like.
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers

Sulara
Tracker
Tracker

#93 Post by Sulara »

Sulara

Grimacing as she stands Sulara says "We should move to the main cavern, no sense in trying to climb out now. Vonnn will you take first watch I will stand second and if Aurora will she can stand the last one. Then those that need can rest for their ,magic." If everyone agrees she moves forward and leans her pack against the wall in the entrance. Drinking some water and eating a small amount of rations she lays back axe in her hands, and closes her eyes.

Ythgar
Tracker
Tracker

#94 Post by Ythgar »

Arkthren

Arkthren will keep his cantrips (Detect Magic, Firefinger, Affect Normal Fires, and Mage Hand) and memorize Burning Hands. When Osan goes around asking about Raynar, Arkthren will inform him of Reynard's appearance the best that he can. Also, seeing that the wilder is a man of magic himself, Arkthren will tell the man of the Librum Arcanis, and Kalaman the Black. After attending to these matters, Arkthren will sleep for the night.

Landifarne
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#95 Post by Landifarne »

Mumbo Jumbo Roll: [1d10] = 5

Resting, nothing untoward happens to the company and its members eat a cold, spare breakfast by the light streaming through the sinkhole above. Replenishing their spells, and Sulara regaining some of her fortitude, the party begins to head out about three bells after dawn, when Arkthren hears a familiar voice hail him from above.

Pursic has brought a couple men from Rifford who have volunteered their efforts. The two men, a Felderman named Hempel and a Varner named Stanilus look eager enough and are vouched for by Pursic. Stanilus certainly looks like he can hold his own in a fight, as he is the only member of the party to wear a true sword. And, although Hempel looks a bit shift to the others, he seems amiable and stable enough to inspire some confidence.

Pursic informs Arkthren and the others that he must return to his master, that he has been away for too long as it is. Telling Sulara that he will take her mule to the Centaur's Hoof in Rofford, the young druid wishes the bolstered party good luck.

Ok, everyone's together at this point. Establish some order and head on out...

Hempel and Sanilus each regained a single HP from the previous night.

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#96 Post by NJWilliam »

Osan Taan

After completing his memorization of spells for the day, Osan approaches Sulara.
Pointing at her wounds, he says, "Suevi, if you allow I will help your wounds mend again."

If permitted, Osan will cast two Cure Minor Wounds orisons to bring Sulara back up to full strength.
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers

Sulara
Tracker
Tracker

#97 Post by Sulara »

Sulara 10/10

Sulara glances at the wilder and nods her head."I owe you, good to have a healer who heals." Stretching out the warrior peers at Arkthren "Someone you know up there?"

imswayze
Tracker
Tracker

#98 Post by imswayze »

Vonnn is admittedly still a bit tired from a restless bout of rest. He is new to the adventuring life and the danger that accompanies it, so he is feeling a little stressed out and edgy. To help remedy this, he is heavily indulging in some lavender and rosemary aromatherapy as everyone is waking and doing their morning routine.

He knows next to nothing about Raynar, so he participates little in that discussion. Next, he slams a quick bite to eat, and chases it with a saturating gulp of water. Vonnn is quick to be ready to proceed with the mission, as dilly-dallying is one of his pet peaves.

Vonnn sees Hempel and Stanilus as an welcome addition to the cause. He acknowledges strength in numbers, and realizes more allies can only increase his survival probability. Vonnn greets the two new faces with a seriousness and enthusiasm.

Ramblers. We should ramble.

He then joins the conversation with Osan about his experience in the cave thus far, and which direction to take this morning.

Spells: Cure Light Wounds
Orisons: Cure Minor Wounds x 2, Guidance, Detect Poison

:oops: I now have your names straight Sulara and Aurora. That is embarrassing.

Ythgar
Tracker
Tracker

#99 Post by Ythgar »

Arkthren

After the arrival of the two men Pursic brought to the party, Arkthren will ask each men what their names are, and proceed to say, "This is a very dangerous situation that we go in to. There could be powerful and dark magics at work here. Will you stand with us?" Having said this and received the men's answers, Arkthren will turn to Hempel and ask, "What exactly is your line of work?"

Assuming that Hempel and Stanilus agree to go with the party, Arkthren will say, "I do believe that we should be heading down the unexplored tunnel, where Vonn, Aurora, and I were yesterday. Unless anyone has a better idea."

Any thoughts on marching order? I was thinking Sulara, Vonn and Hempel up front, the spell casters in the middle, and Stanilus guarding the rear.

Landifarne
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#100 Post by Landifarne »

Hempel informs his new colleagues that he is a jack of all trades, but started out as a tailor. He demonstrates how his fingers are very nimble, and suggests that he will be useful if they come across a lock that needs picking.

As far as marching order os concerned, Hempel will go along with whatever the majority considers wise. At least until Pulp gets back.

Right now, Stanilus is 6 of 7 HP and Hempel is 5 of 6.

Return to “Wardens of the North Campaign [1E Homebrew]”