2.2 Bildrath's Mercantile

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: 3.2 Bildrath's Mercantile

#21 Post by Zhym »

Bildrath fetches another 20 bolts and an aid kit in exchange for 15 gold (mark it off, please).

"Yes, sir. I'll let people know that there's a master locksmith and tinker in town."

Eulalios

#22 Post by Eulalios »

Tibbius smiles. "Sorry that I couldn't think of what to buy," he says. "Though perhaps you sell day passes to view the master in his tomb?"

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by Zhym »

Bildrath's eyes narrow. "Why do you call him that?"

Eulalios

#24 Post by Eulalios »

Tibbius chuckles. "He says where you may go, and where you may not; whether you live or die. Seems like a master to me, more kingly than my own father."

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#25 Post by Computer +1 »

Tumbler's face remains neutral but inwardly he cringes at Tibbius's joke. Living everyday in fear is nothing to take lightly in his own opinion.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by Zhym »

"I'd be careful with that kind of language," Bildrath tells you. "'Master' is what those under the Baron's thrall call him. I know you are merely speaking lightly, but in this town, talk like that can get you strung up from a tree and your corpse set aflame."

In the corner, Parriwimple sweeps the floor and avoids eye contact.

Eulalios

#27 Post by Eulalios »

"Then I have to wonder," Tibbius says brightly, "why haven't all of you stormed the castle in daylight, and set old Longfangs dangling and aflame?"

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by Zhym »

"Because living is better than dying, elf. And even dying is better than what Strahd can do to you."

Eulalios

#29 Post by Eulalios »

The elf's posture somehow shifts to project a greater sense of ... princely dignity. "And, so, old chap, what does he do that has had you peeing your britches for so many days while he sleeps?"

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by Zhym »

Bildrath stiffens at Tibbius's words. "Do you need to purchase anything? If not, then I bid you good day, sir."

He turns Tumbler and addresses him more genially. "Good luck out there," he says. "Try not to let the likes of him get you killed or turned into something unholy."

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by Zhym »

Date: Nouluna 3, 1221
Time: 2:00 PM
Weather: Foggy, overcast
Moon: Waxing gibbous

Bildrath looks at Tibbius and points to the door. "I said 'Good day.'" Perriwimple lumbers his considerable bulk towards the elf. "Have a nice day," he says as if it were a mantra. "Please come again."

Having conducted your business and offended the proprietor, you find yourself at somewhat loose ends as you leave Bildrath's shop. The gypsies said their camp was about a mile out of town. Your companions probably aren't even there yet. What will you do with the time on your hands?

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#32 Post by Computer +1 »

Tumbler sighs and moves towards the door. I'll be seeing ya soon Bildrath. Be well.

Eulalios

#33 Post by Eulalios »

Tibbius smiles at the burly young man. "Maybe someday," he says gently as he leaves the shop, "you'll find the courage your employer misplaced in this overpriced bricabrac."

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by Zhym »

Time: 2:10 PM

Tumbler bids Bildrath a friendly farewell and Tumbler insults the shopkeeper yet again as you exit the shop.

You stand in the town square. The ever present fog surrounds you. Though it is not long past midday, it is gray and dreary. A chill wind blows through the square.

Actions?

Eulalios

#35 Post by Eulalios »

"Shall we turn our faces toward the Little House of Sobbing?" asks the lime green elf prince.

Meanwhile, Randolph Cat continues to explore the shop. Not because he was asked to, but just because that's what cats do ... when not told not to.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by Zhym »

Time: 2:10 PM

You stand in the town square pondering your next move. "Shall we turn our faces toward the Little House of Sobbing?" asks the lime green elf prince.

A group of nine gypsies enters the square from the west. In this fog, you hear them before you see them. They are talking and laughing loudly in their own language. A curly-headed tall man calls out to you, "Dobar dan!" He makes an exaggerated bow in your direction.

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#37 Post by Computer +1 »

Tumbler puts on his helmet to see what they are saying.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by Zhym »

PM sent.

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#39 Post by Computer +1 »

Tumbler hears the gypsies conversation and his face darkens.

He stomps over to the gypsies and returns the elaborate bow with one of his own. A very good afternoon to ye as well. Perhaps instead of betting ye should be off stealing children or robbing grandmothers or whatever else ye do with yer time! His face gets redder and redder as his anger increases. We may be fools and we may be going to our death but we will not be caged like animals. Ye are allowed to leave this place we aren't! I'd rather die a free man fighting then live a prisoner any day!!

So place yer bet and have yer laughs now but step aside when those with the courage to fight pass by!!

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by Zhym »

Time: 2:20 PM

Tumbler's helmet allows him to hear the gypsies' conversation. Angered by what he hears, he storms over to the gypsies and returns the elaborate bow with one of his own. "A very good afternoon to ye as well," he says as his anger increases. "Perhaps instead of betting ye should be off stealing children or robbing grandmothers or whatever else ye do with yer time!" At this insult, several of the nine gypsies stop laughing. "I'd rather die a free man fighting then live a prisoner any day!!", continues Tumbler. "So place yer bet and have yer laughs now but step aside when those with the courage to fight pass by!!"

A tall burly gypsy with curly hair and a bushy black beard steps directly in front of Tumbler. He stands two and a half feet over the dwarf. "You eavesdropped on a private conversation," says the gypsy calmly down to Tumbler. "And you have insulted the gypsies. You said you would rather die a free man—would you like to do it today?" His hand rests on his sword.

A smaller man with a goatee pushes him aside. "Lighten up, Francis." Francis? "You'd be edgy too if you was them." The smaller man turns to Tumbler. "Sorry. If we knew you could hear us, we wouldn't'a spoken that way. Come let us drink together. No hard feelings?"

Return to “Ravenloft”